Parents - what's the best option?

mac

http://www.ksdk.com/news/health/health_article.aspx?storyid=143086

I put this on one of the religious fervour threads, but thought a parents point of view would be worthy of debate - I would have taken the wee lassie to the doctors at the first opportunity - apparently god helps those who helps themselves, right?

You just can't argue with stupidity.

Sheriff Fatman

If their abuse and neglect had been for any other reason than 'religious beliefs' the child would have been taken away from them and they would have been locked up.

Drew Busby !

Prosecute and jail the feckers.

Since they're so certain of gods grand design then they'll understand without any qualms that it's part of his bigger plan for them to spend several years in jail.

He knows best.

Jambojohnnyboy

Crazy. With the ability to create medication, which they would surely see as a gift from god anyway, why would you see your child suffer, when there is a way of seeing them regain full health.

blondejamtart

I simply cannot comprehend how any parent could actually do that. Surely your natural instinct is to do whatever you can to save your own child?

Yes it's horrific, but it's got nothing to with Christianity and everything to with stupidity.

If the parents hadn't believed in the healing power of prayer the child would still be alive. Read their words and the words of the family members who tried to save the girl, it has everything to do with their faith.

Archived