"Huge" breaking news about Rangers

ritchies75

Only a Game

As a business though it's a bit sh*t when your fans are letting you down, and with so many, it's hard for them to stamp it out completely. So from Rangers point of view its a shame but for there fans its what they deserve!

I reckon Rangers, as a business, could have done a lot more to fix this over the years. They could have made a public example of a couple of hundred fans in one game, or voluntarily closed a section of the ground where it was most prevelant. They did next to nothing, hoped it would go away through time, knowing deep down it wouldnt and surely knowing that although the SFA would turn a blind eye to it, UEFA were bound to do this sooner or later.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Francis Albert

Ah, see now...you might have trouble with that. None of the folk who sing the naughty songs are on JKB. Everyone here sings the clean version.

Apparently.

There have been quite a few bragging about singing the Fenian blood version and claiming the vast majority of us do. Might not help in any argiument rwith Uefa about the niceties of which words are sung!

kingantti1874

I have no doubt out own set of blinkered chumps will continue to sing this garbage regardless but well done UEFA

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I reckon Rangers could have done a lot more to fix this over the years. They could have made a public example of a couple of hundred fans in one game, or voluntarily closed a section of the ground where it was most prevelant. They did next to nothing, hoped it would go away through time, knowing deep down it wouldnt and surely knowing that although the SFA would turn a blind eye to it, UEFA were bound to do this sooner or later.

You think? It's always seemed to me like they encourage it, rather than try to stamp it out, what with the team coming out to massive UFs being waved and "Follow Follow" played by some flute band being pumped out over the tannoy.

Thig Ar Latha

?80k fine and fan bans, yet racism warrants about a ?1k fine. :confused:

I think a couple of Spannish Clubs were hammered for racist chants a few yeats ago. Seems to have made a differrence there.

I reckon Rangers could have done a lot more to fix this over the years. They could have made a public example of a couple of hundred fans in one game, or voluntarily closed a section of the ground where it was most prevelant. They did next to nothing, hoped it would go away through time, knowing deep down it wouldnt and surely knowing that although the SFA would turn a blind eye to it, UEFA were bound to do this sooner or later.

The sfa have once again embarrassed themselves through a lack of action against the old firm. A real kick in the teeth to the Huns. Superb stuff.

Rangers lack of action over generations has finally caught up with them. Hearts now need to do more than just have a wee announcement before home games IMO.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I have no doubt out own set of blinkered chumps will continue to sing this garbage regardless but well done UEFA

If Hearts get punished for one song, with one dodgy word in it, being sung by a tiny minority of our support, while Celtic get off scot-free, I'll be astonished.

(I'm not defending that tiny minority by the way.)

Although I'm absolutely delighted that they're getting bum-raped by UEFA, I really do think that there's a concerted campaign going on run by poor picked-upon downtrodden victim mentality Sellik supporters posing as neutral academics and experts in anti-discrimination. I just wish UEFA would hammer Celtic too, but it looks like they're boxing clever compared to their opposite bum cheek (not that that would be difficult mind you).

There have been quite a few bragging about singing the Fenian blood version and claiming the vast majority of us do. Might not help in any argiument rwith Uefa about the niceties of which words are sung!

Really? Genuinely surprised at that, haven't ever seen anyone on here own up to it.

Finally, my 24 e-mails a day to UEFA seem to be paying dividends :thumbsup:

I actually laughed at that :thumbsup:

Although I'm absolutely delighted that they're getting bum-raped by UEFA, I really do think that there's a concerted campaign going on run by poor picked-upon downtrodden victim mentality Sellik supporters posing as neutral academics and experts in anti-discrimination. I just wish UEFA would hammer Celtic too, but it looks like they're boxing clever compared to their opposite bum cheek (not that that would be difficult mind you).

I'm just going to come out with it - are you a Rangers fan world_3?

there will be no problem for hearts.

if the shit really hits the fan here then hearts will be well prepared to head off all potential problems if and when we travel, as well as domestically.

unlike rangers claims that their problem is a tiny minority, hearts problem really is a tiny minority. the majority will easily self police when the chips are down.

Only a Game

You think? It's always seemed to me like they encourage it, rather than try to stamp it out, what with the team coming out to massive UFs being waved and "Follow Follow" played by some flute band being pumped out over the tannoy.

They encourage the loyalist side of it thats for sure. Loyalists in themselves dont neccesarily have to be sectarian though. The problem is that the loyalist thing at football fan level automatically comes with the baggage theyve now been done for. As does the Irish Republicanism of the other lot. Nothing wrong on the face of it but it comes with baggage and they know it does.

They should certainly, swiftly and immediatly distance themselves from any kind of loyalist culture or tradition the club feels it has, but they wont, they''ll defend that tradition, just as Celtic would.

Francis Albert

Really? Genuinely surprised at that, haven't ever seen anyone on here own up to it.

Yes, really. In a thread about the recent ER derby.

Only a Game

there will be no problem for hearts.

if the shit really hits the fan here then hearts will be well prepared to head off all potential problems if and when we travel, as well as domestically.

unlike rangers claims that their problem is a tiny minority, hearts problem really is a tiny minority. the majority will easily self police when the chips are down.

Was it a tiny minority at Easter Road singing a sectarian song ?

Our hard core problem certainly isnt as big as theirs but we HAVE a problem that COULD get us into trouble if it manifests itself in the numbers that were involved at Easter Road, and elsewhere this season.

Any Hearts fans want to defend the singing of "traditional" songs now?

Any 'traditional' songs being sung need to be stopped right away.

I'd reckon UEFA are having a right good look at Scottish football and we'll be high up on their list.

This is a wake up call and its been a long time coming. Well done UEFA. :thumbsup:

When you play a Tina Turner anthem (although I still mind this being Chris Eubank's before them!)and the natives add their oh-so-comical "F the pope and the IRA" the simplest thing in the world to do is to announce the song ends if it continues and then end it if it does continue.

When they come forth with their "End Sectarianism" marketing crap whilst this ridiculously easy to deal with example of two-facedness continues to play over their speakers, you know they couldn't give a flyer!

You will now Rangers.

Celtic are equally as two-faced and the "End Sectarianism" guff has often been played out with reps from both clubs within the same PR shots - Again, the two-cheeks of the same arse springs to mind.

Rangers appear to have a more powerful PR machine behind them - think how quickly Manchester disappeared - There would have been no manchester at all if we didn't have he likes of You Tube.

Fortunately, their muscle does not extend to UEFA who maybe even remember their little jaunt down south and their repulsive behaviour whilst attempting to blame english yobs...as weegie accents played over You Tube videos over the UK.

UEFA have not got a clue.

Now we'll have complaint after complaint after complaint about any song any fan finds offensive. :dramaqueen:

Only a Game

Do Celtic fans have anything like the track record of trouble in Europe that Rangers have ?

The answer is clearly No, so UEFA have no grounds for investigating them , far less punishing them.

Celtic fans do indeed box clever. They tend not to take their baggage with them when they go abroad.

Domestically is another matter entirely. A matter for the SFA. And thats where that particular disussion ends.

Hearts Machine

But Celtic sing "Political" songs. Rangers sing "Sectarian" songs.

That`s the truth. Is`nt it? :unsure:

Francis Albert

Now we'll have complaint after complaint after complaint about any song any fan finds offensive. :dramaqueen:

I find the Hibs song offensive but I doubt my complaint to UEFA would be worth making.

Hearts Machine

Sorry. Forgot to add. Hearts sing "Nice" songs. Just a similar tune. :blink:

I think a lovely wee song about our very own fair city better get looked at too, although it ain`t that prevelant.

We should worry. If only a wee bit. GFA will now see "Fairness" as the way forward.

Meantime, I`m loving this. :lol:

The bheggars using the 'F' word is ok but if anyone else uses it then they are sectarian bigots?

Was it a tiny minority at Easter Road singing a sectarian song ?

Our hard core problem certainly isnt as big as theirs but we HAVE a problem that COULD get us into trouble if it manifests itself in the numbers that were involved at Easter Road, and elsewhere this season.

i wont claim there is no potential problem. i do think that the kind of minority involved, allied to the certainty of a well prepared course on behalf of the club, allied again to a keen appetite by the majority to name & shame will do us ok.

Only a Game

This isnt one song though is it. Its a track record of sectarianism for which they have already had TWO warning shots.

If someone finds a song offensive then there are probably hundreds, maybe thousands of someones who also find it offensive. Maybe , just maybe it is ACTUALLY offensive.

Why do we need to have offensive songs at football ? Honestly why ? If we need them we're the sad bunch of moronic tossers that everyone outside of football thinks we are.

Dean Winchester

Sorry. Forgot to add. Hearts sing "Nice" songs. Just a similar tune. :blink:

I think a lovely wee song about our very own fair city better get looked at too, although it ain`t that prevelant.

We should worry. If only a wee bit. GFA will now see "Fairness" as the way forward.

Meantime, I`m loving this. :lol:

"We're from the capital"?

shaun.lawson

Celtic are boxing clever, you're quite right. John Reid, AKA The Thinking Woman's Thug, didn't get where he has in life by being stupid.

What Celtic have in their favour is image and perception, something the club plays upon extremely effectively. This perception holds that, given the political changes of the last couple of decades, Celtic fans are nothing more than loveable leprechauns on the right side of history, standing for very positive things as well as against Rangers' institutional bigotry. It's bollocks of course - but perception is very often as important as reality, and in this case, bought into by alarming numbers of people.

Rangers, on the other hand, stand pretty much solely upon a negative, and a political position which attracts very little support across the rest of Europe or the wider world. Not surprisingly, and just like Millwall down here, this means the club attracts the absolute worst kind of knuckle draggers to its support: so many that Rangers would be lost without them.

So Celtic are able to move on, and claim that they're a modern, forward thinking, progressive club - but Rangers are stuck. This is why they've had so much trouble selling the club: their image is an absolute disaster. Said image is what will have led UEFA to scrutinise them far more closely; and in fairness, while there have been occasional incidents involving individual Celtic fans abroad, there's been nothing remotely to compare with the trouble Rangers fans have been caught up in again and again and again. Celtic seem to reserve their worst for back in Scotland; Rangers, for the latest unsuspecting victims of their travelling support in European competition.

Francis Albert

The bheggars using the 'F' word is ok but if anyone else uses it then they are sectarian bigots?

I doubt if anyone would object to Rangers fans singing about "Wattie's dirty proddy *******s".

Only a Game

i wont claim there is no potential problem. i do think that the kind of minority involved, allied to the certainty of a well prepared course on behalf of the club, allied again to a keen appetite by the majority to name & shame will do us ok.

I dont think action by our club is a certainty by any means. Where our problem comes from is clearly identifiable at home games. Its only a couple of dozen bodies and a couple of hundred camp followers that participate. Fixable in one high profile game if you ask me.

I dont Hearts would touch it until we were fined, banned, or points deducted though. They havent in the past thats for sure.

Bain should have used this opportunity to appeal to the Rangers fans to stop their nonsense, but clearly the Rangers policy of mild criticism whilst secretly knowing that they NEED the bigotry and sectarianism to continue as it is such an important adhesive that bonds a very large section of the Rangers support, has again to take precedence...

I doubt if anyone would object to Rangers fans singing about "Wattie's dirty proddy *******s".

That does not make sense.

It is totally acceptable for the mhanks to call themselves the Fenians but we can't call them that?

IMA MAROON is positively FIZZING about his real team being in bother.

romanovpalm.png

Surely you are not insinuating that IMA MAROON is a knuckle dragging Hun?

That is a truly astounding accusation to make and I've no idea where you would get that idea from.

:rolleyes:

Only a Game

That does not make sense.

It is totally acceptable for the mhanks to call themselves the Fenians but we can't call them that?

Dear dear. You'll be wanting to call black men niggers next ?

Just hope this serves as a wake up call for some Hearts fans. I am not convinced its a small minority of Hearts fans though i do agree its a minority. Its time for sectarian singing (and Hello Hello is considered that by UEFA etc)to stop. And that should mean in the SPL as well as European games.

Not too fussed about Rangers getting this ban though you have to wonder what the implications for the takeover might be. As someone else said imagine they went out of Europe in the first round over the next two seasons - ouch!!!!!

I dont think action by our club is a certainty by any means. Where our problem comes from is clearly identifiable at home games. Its only a couple of dozen bodies and a couple of hundred camp followers that participate. Fixable in one high profile game if you ask me.

I dont Hearts would touch it until we were fined, banned, or points deducted though. They havent in the past thats for sure.

i think the club would be foolish not to prepare and head off a climate of scottish teams being closely monitored in europe. i doubt they will be that foolish. if and when they do do something then it would seem wasteful not to extend some 'educational guidance' to include all domestic matches too.

it's what rangers could have done and they wouldn't be in the shite.

I would dearly love to punch Martin Bain in the coupon, hes an annoyin chump,just reading his words annoy me,with his whiny voice using words like incredelous time and again.

**** nae joy rangers.

Dear dear. You'll be wanting to call black men niggers next ?

Maybe if I lived in the US I would feel it is my right to do so. We can't have one rule for one and one rule for the other.

Black people over here do not use that word though.

Maybe if I lived in the US I would feel it is my right to do so. We can't have one rule for one and one rule for the other.

Hey man, can't we all just get along and rejoice in rangers misfortune?

Only a Game

i think the club would be foolish not to prepare and head off a climate of scottish teams being closely monitored in europe. i doubt they will be that foolish. if and when they do do something then it would seem wasteful not to extend some 'educational guidance' to include all domestic matches too.

it's what rangers could have done and they wouldn't be in the shite.

I think the major difference between us and Rangers is that our lot mostly do the sectarian stuff as a wind up for opposition fans, hence why its far more prevelant against Celtic than when we play other clubs. Rangers fans almost to a man in my experience ACTUALLY believe in the stuff, its ingrained into them.

Celtic are boxing clever, you're quite right. John Reid, AKA The Thinking Woman's Thug, didn't get where he has in life by being stupid.

What Celtic have in their favour is image and perception, something the club plays upon extremely effectively. This perception holds that, given the political changes of the last couple of decades, Celtic fans are nothing more than loveable leprechauns on the right side of history, standing for very positive things as well as against Rangers' institutional bigotry. It's bollocks of course - but perception is very often as important as reality, and in this case, bought into by alarming numbers of people.

Rangers, on the other hand, stand pretty much solely upon a negative, and a political position which attracts very little support across the rest of Europe or the wider world. Not surprisingly, and just like Millwall down here, this means the club attracts the absolute worst kind of knuckle draggers to its support: so many that Rangers would be lost without them.

So Celtic are able to move on, and claim that they're a modern, forward thinking, progressive club - but Rangers are stuck. This is why they've had so much trouble selling the club: their image is an absolute disaster. Said image is what will have led UEFA to scrutinise them far more closely; and in fairness, while there have been occasional incidents involving individual Celtic fans abroad, there's been nothing remotely to compare with the trouble Rangers fans have been caught up in again and again and again. Celtic seem to reserve their worst for back in Scotland; Rangers, for the latest unsuspecting victims of their travelling support in European competition.

Agree with alot of this. I think Uefa only started taking an interest in Rangers following the Uefa cup final in Manchester. Their card was well and truly marked after that and i dont think Uefa need much encouragement to hammer the club because of Manchester.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

NWA?

Only a Game

Do you keep the company of very many British people of black Afro Caribbean descent ? Because then you'd know what you just said was a lot of shite.

I think the major difference between us and Rangers is that our lot mostly do the sectarian stuff as wind up for opposition fans, hence why its far more prevelant against Celtic than when we play other clubs. Rangers fans almost to a man in my experience ACTUALLY believe in the stuff, its ingrained into them.

:Agree:

we have a significantly smaller percentage of offenders.

of those offenders, we have a significantly larger percentage of 90 minuters / sheep.

Only a Game

:Agree:

we have a significantly smaller percentage of offenders.

of those offenders, we have a significantly larger percentage of 90 minuters / sheep.

Correct, but even a smaller problem is still a problem.

Francis Albert

Oh yes they do. It would be very unwise of you however (assuming you are white) to use the word in a gathering of black people, either here or in the US. Just a bit of free advice.

I

Great news!

No doubt appealed to only 2 away day bans though...... Just a thought.

portobellojambo1

Wouldn't think this decision will have any effect on Scottish football in general. Mainly because the wrong body are dealing with it, i.e. UEFA rather than the SFA. Interesting that neither the SFA and/or UEFA have themselves raised this matter but have depended on complaints from a third party (I don't think you have to be a genius to work out which religious body that would be).

Anyone who thinks that Celtic fans, in general, are any different from Rangers fans, other than their religious backgrounds, is mad. Celtic fans singing their type of sectarian shit, disguised/boxed/wrapped up as political viewpoints, are just as bad as Rangers fans, and sing these songs regularly when abroad, but none of the locals take offence, probably because they don't have a clue about the undertones of what is being sung. Most people know who the Pope is, so any song containing reference to the Pope will be picked up on (by members of said religious body).

By punishing only one and not the other all that is going to happen domestically is the views of both sets of fans will become more entrenched. Rangers fans will continue to sing their songs in Scotland, because no action is taken against Celtic fans, and Celtic fans will continue to sing their songs, because no one will take action against them and if they do the "political not sectarian" line will be trotted out, and probably accepted. It will carry on and on and on until the spineless twats in Park Gardens do something about both, and it ain't in their interest to do so.

Archived