"Huge" breaking news about Rangers

ritchies75

Radio Scotland to break what they are calling "Huge" breaking news about Rangers in next 20mins. Wonder what i could be.whistling.gif

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any news on what it was? Hope the takeover fell threw. :thumbsup:

Hope so too they are saying they will announce it at about 7.20pm

rangers fans banned from traveling in europe and ?80,000 fine.

another charge pending. games to be played behind closed doors.

dung.

2 game fan ban away in Europe and 2 games behind closed doors at Greyskull plus ?80k fine. Huge?????

Rangers fans banned for two away European fixtures, next two Home European fixtures behind closed doors. Hardly "huge" news but welcome news from Uefa

Jam Tarts 1874

Rangers fans banned for two away European fixtures, next two Home European fixtures behind closed doors. Hardly "huge" news but welcome news from Uefa

Missing out on two big Euro paydays for a club struggling financially is maybe big news for them.

A lack of revenue for Europe next season is hardly going to inspire a takeover.

No fans = less chance of progressing & less money.

:)

shaun.lawson

http://www.rangers.c...2254024_2338937

If it is that it is nothing much.

Bain: "We are absolutely astounded by this latest development and will defend our club's position very very vigorously."

Hmm - wonder if a certain Mr McBride might be interested? :woot:

"We have never said that sectarian singing is not a problem but this now has all the hallmarks of a deliberate and targeted campaign against the club... We could not have done more to eradicate sectarian behaviour."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If you admit that it's a problem, it's high time your club was punished for it, Mr Bain. Instead of, y'know, actively encouraging the effluent tendency, because you literally can't afford to be without it; instead of, y'know, bringing back Simply The Best to play over the PA system at home games? :rolleyes:

Good for UEFA. Rangers are bang to rights. :thumbsup:

Italian Lambretta

Martin Bain saying that reports from UEFA where favourable after their games but and outside body had made complaints to UEFA which have resulted in the new bans inposed.

Anyone want to hazard a gues as to the Independent body responsible?

Church of Rome?

rangers stance on this is quite baffling.

their main contention is that - while they admit openly that they have never said that sectarian singing isn't a problem - the recent and latest punishments from UEFA is clear evidence of a "concerted campaign" from an outside agency to undermine rangers with UEFA.

WHO?

who has the clout to engineer UEFA empowered sanctions against rangers?

name the mystery parties and take the discussion on. either that of face the music.

"It would appear that yet again UEFA have acted on a report from the FARE organisation when their own match delegate, this time from Northern Ireland[/b], gave us a very favourable report."

Could have been this guy ??

news-graphics-2007-_445659a.jpg

If UEFA are so keen to clamp down on this then why have the SFA never done a fecking thing about it?

Oh, that's right...

Only a Game

Maybe now the sfa will act on the old firm but i won't hold my breath.

I think UEFA have done the job the SFA should have done years ago and there's nothing that the SFA need now do as far as Rangers are concerned. They certainly wont add to that punishment. Essentially a job they were bricking it to do has been done for them, so their hands are clean and their conscience is clear. I think its sent out a message loud and clear. I think the SFA and Rangers will be embarrassed by their years of inaction and sets of fans who do this sort of stuff will be right back on the radar of the SFA, and that includes us. (especially us)

If this doesnt go a long way to curing the disease then I dont know what will.

I'd be completely and utterly gutted if I was a decent responsible Rangers fan ( there are bound to be some) Imagine if that happened to us FFS. This place would go ape-shit.

bean counter

It is quite bizarre that UEFA have acted against Rangers yet the SFA have not.

Rangers must play approx three times as many games a year under the SFA jurisdiction as they do UEFA yet it is UEFA that have taken action 4 times to the SFA nil

Dear Mr Bain,

Seeing as:

1. The European football authority has charged your club 3 times with sectarianism over the last few years

2. Your club has to fund "anti sectarian" initiatives

Is it not time to accept Rangers fans are a bunch of knuck dragging bigoted Shereen Nanjiani's ?

With love,

The people of Scotland.

x

ps. GIRUY. Hope they shut you and the terrorist lovers down :woot:

shaun.lawson

"It would appear that yet again UEFA have acted on a report from the FARE organisation when their own match delegate, this time from Northern Ireland[/b], gave us a very favourable report."

:lol: :lol:

It is quite bizarre that UEFA have acted against Rangers yet the SFA have not.

Rangers must play approx three times as many games a year under the SFA jurisdiction as they do UEFA yet it is UEFA that have taken action 4 times to the SFA nil

Which says it all about the SFA.

the SFA wont act in domestic games. it's the hugest of hornets nests that they will not be poking with a stick.

i've said all along that UEFA should tell the SFA to stand aside and that THEY will take over responsibility for policing scottish football regarding this issue. hopefully this can and will happen.

In a bad week for the SFA and it's employees, this about puts the tin lid on it.

It has taken UEFA to address this, whilst the only question to the SFA is 'what did you do about it when it happened week after week on your watch'? The only answer can be 'nothing'.

Only a Game

I think its HUGE news. Massive implications for Rangers, the Old Firm, Scottish football in general and possibly Hearts

Exactly the point that jumped out at me.

Only a Game

Dear Mr Bain,

Seeing as:

1. The European football authority has charged your club 3 times with sectarianism over the last few years

Is it not time to accept Rangers fans are a bunch of knuck dragging bigoted Shereen Nanjiani's ?

With love,

The people of Scotland.

x

Lets not forget their track record of wrecking major cities, Nazi salutes, bigotry, racism, fighting with police, dodgy banners, provocative loyalist songs. They deserve everything thats now come home to roost on them.

?80k fine and fan bans, yet racism warrants about a ?1k fine. :confused:

Reckon that each game behind closed doors is worth ~1mill revenue. So potentially ?2,080,000! :woot:

Dear Mr Bain,

Seeing as:

With love,

The people of Scotland.

x

This, this and then this again :thumbsup:

Oh SFA, how embarrassing...I hope the lot of you are squirming in your seats. This is what action looks like btw. thumbsup.gif

If Rangers do appeal this I wonder what their grounds would be? Short of denying it happened is there really anything else they can say possibly say?

Only a Game

Oh SFA, how embarrassing...I hope the lot of you are squirming in your seats. This is what action looks like btw. thumbsup.gif

If Rangers do appeal this I wonder what their grounds would be? Short of denying it happened is there really anything else they can say possibly say?

It'll be the old classic "We're not the only club with problems. Why are they not being punished" line

this is what makes rangers 'defence' completely mystifying.

they openly admit that a problem exists. the openly admit that what they've been punished for actually happens. their defence centres around them claiming that someone is orchestrating a campaign against them and that others are guilty elsewhere.

that's not much of a defence to be fair. how can they possibly go to UEFA with that in an appeal.... maybe hire paul mcbride QC?

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

rangers stance on this is quite baffling.

their main contention is that - while they admit openly that they have never said that sectarian singing isn't a problem - the recent and latest punishments from UEFA is clear evidence of a "concerted campaign" from an outside agency to undermine rangers with UEFA.

WHO?

who has the clout to engineer UEFA empowered sanctions against rangers?

name the mystery parties and take the discussion on. either that of face the music.

It was me. I did it. I'm the one.

Is that OK with you guys?

Thig Ar Latha

Maybe now the sfa will act on the old firm but i won't hold my breath.

Or, Maybe even Rangers might act now somebody's going to take action that will hit them where it hurts. :whistling:

I think its HUGE news. Massive implications for Rangers, the Old Firm, Scottish football in general and possibly Hearts

Good news indeed.

If there were repercussion across scottish football regards the singing of sectarian songs, I'm quite sure Hearts would be impacted.

However, I also believe we would rid ourselves of the problem far more quickly than either of the OF would.

A fan ban and/or fines hits us harder - I believe the sectarian hearts fans are the minority - Our fan-base would have to sort it out pronto with the aid of Hearts and I for one wouldn't let these songs stand if it was going to hurt me and my club and I wouldn't expect other fair-minded fans to stand for it either.

Immediate confrontations, booing of crap songs and tea-towels, stewards working for their money, letters to hearts security requesting clampdowns on erseholes, etc, etc.

A real hearts fan currently singing rangers songs will wise-up. Those who didn't wise up have shown where allegiances lie and dealt with by hearts and hearts fans.

It'll be the old classic "We're not the only club with problems. Why are they not being punished" line

Oh I do hope so, how undignified. :biggrin:

this is what makes rangers 'defence' completely mystifying.

they openly admit that a problem exists. the openly admit that what they've been punished for actually happens. their defence centres around them claiming that someone is orchestrating a campaign against them and that others are guilty elsewhere.

that's not much of a defence to be fair. how can they possibly go to UEFA with that in an appeal.... maybe hire paul mcbride QC?

Guaranteed there's a strokey beard meeting going on right now at Ibrox with brainstorming, flip charts and everything. Oh to be a fly on that wall.

Could be right there though, they've already admitted the 'charge' as such...the only avenue open to them that I can think of might be to expose some sort of flaw in the process. A sneaky loophole in other words. Can't see their potential buyer being overly delighted by this news either...oh dear Rangers, oh dear oh dear.

jambo_til_i_die

As a business though it's a bit sh*t when your fans are letting you down, and with so many, it's hard for them to stamp it out completely. So from Rangers point of view its a shame but for there fans its what they deserve!

Thig Ar Latha

Rangers should consider treir options very carefully. UeFA have a track record of increasing punishments by a fair bit if the appeal fails, which it usually does.

Francis Albert

Good news indeed.

If there were repercussion across scottish football regards the singing of sectarian songs, I'm quite sure Hearts would be impacted.

However, I also believe we would rid ourselves of the problem far more quickly than either of the OF would.

A fan ban and/or fines hits us harder - I believe the sectarian hearts fans are the minority - Our fan-base would have to sort it out pronto with the aid of Hearts and I for one wouldn't let these songs stand if it was going to hurt me and my club and I wouldn't expect other fair-minded fans to stand for it either.

Immediate confrontations, booing of crap songs and tea-towels, stewards working for their money, letters to hearts security requesting clampdowns on erseholes, etc, etc.

A real hearts fan currently singing rangers songs will wise-up. Those who didn't wise up have shown where allegiances lie and dealt with by hearts and hearts fans.

You'd like to think so. Some however would see a ban as a badge of honour. .

Any Hearts fans want to defend the singing of "traditional" songs now?

Ah, see now...you might have trouble with that. None of the folk who sing the naughty songs are on JKB. Everyone here sings the clean version.

Apparently.

Oh I do hope so, how undignified. :biggrin:

Guaranteed there's a strokey beard meeting going on right now at Ibrox with brainstorming, flip charts and everything. Oh to be a fly on that wall.

Could be right there though, they've already admitted the 'charge' as such...the only avenue open to them that I can think of might be to expose some sort of flaw in the process. A sneaky loophole in other words. Can't see their potential buyer being overly delighted by this news either...oh dear Rangers, oh dear oh dear.

i certainly hope the main plank of their case is that there is an outside force orchestrating things. hopefully they will claim that someone is working UEFA from up the jacksie in order to power some hidden agenda.

hopefully then UEFA will sit back and say "we are somewhat insulted to hear you accusing us of being open to outside influence mr bain".... "have a two year ban from european competition you orange funny heided clown".

Archived