towell

hmfc fan

After the way we solemnly mourned stephen elliott's goal i think he's been vindicated.

did the celtic and hibbe scum ever apologise for his rants about us

No need to , as he`s actually an APOLOGY for a footballer.

Nope. Someone from Hibs (probably) phoned the EEN in a tizzy and got them to write that article about how he didn't mean anything by it and then he slithered off back under the rock from whence he came. His big moment has been and gone.

The one time someone lets him speak to the press and he goes and mucks it up like that? It'll be a while before anyone sees his name in print again I'd think. :biggrin:

Two things.

1) It shouldn't have made it to print in the first place. I think journos should show a bit more discretion in printing bigoted bullpoo from daft wee laddies.

b ) Players who do come out with pish like that which may fan flames should have to answer to the SFA. You can't moan about a ref (even if he's cheated you) but you can cast bigoted aspersions about a whole set of fans? Ridic.

ii) He's got a silly name and doesn't seem to be very guid at fitba.

alwaysthereinspirit

He'll never play for Celtic and is actually below even #ibs normal level of flair player so chances are he'll never be interviewed again anyway. Unless its by the Garda.:whistling:

Our fans hardly proved him wrong by singing about being 'up to our knees in fenian blood'. Why would he apologise?

Our fans hardly proved him wrong by singing about being 'up to our knees in fenian blood'. Why would he apologise?

Oh, the shame.

:keys:

No but he no doubt will,give it a couple off weeks,think he likes the 15 minutes off fame it gives him.

The gimpy wee fud had realised he has made a huge mistake going to the wee team.

He was trying to remind neil lennon who he was.

So he spouted the same filth as him.

As said above he is an apology of a "footballer" use the term loosely

Hearts Machine

The gimpy wee fud had realised he has made a huge mistake going to the wee team.

Therein lies the problem. Try apologising with a snooker ball in yer gub secured by a leather belt.

Only a Game

I am still disappointed that our club never sought to clear our name publicly.

On what grounds ?

That we are all all encompassing support with no sectarian problem whatsoever ?

We cant have it both ways. We either, as a club, take steps to eradicate it completely or we accept the occasional remark in the redtops, the main purpose of which is usually to deflect attention away from the real problem in Glasgow which is on such a vast and ingrained scale that it cant ever be eradicated.

On what grounds ?

That we are all all encompassing support with no sectarian problem whatsoever ?

We cant have it both ways. We either, as a club, take steps to eradicate it completely or we accept the occasional remark in the redtops, the main purpose of which is usually to deflect attention away from the real problem in Glasgow which is on such a vast and ingrained scale that it cant ever be eradicated.

It was tantamount to slander and was a big slight on our good name.

As stated on the other thread, I won't try to admit there is not a minority (and I do mean minority) that think like that, but I would rather Hearts came out against that. It constantly disappoints me that we allow this behaviour and these views to be displayed. Back to Towells point, Irish Catholics don't get abuse for being Irish Catholics from Hearts fans, there are no grounds for that.

I don't care about Glasgow and their real problem to be fair, I'd rather we took care of ourselves.

Valentine Jambo

He should concentrate on his wee team. He's at the perfect club. 'Sanitary' towels are used to hanging around f@nnies.

gorgie rd eh11

" Why would he apologise " :woot:

Guildford_Jambo

We need to get rid of these 'fans'

He should have also realised that he made a huge mistake when marking Stephen Elliott for the equaliser.

:omg!:

By spending too much time embedded in the sectarian cesspit of the Old Firm it would be easy to assume that everybody held all things Irish in either an unconditionally positive or negative regard.

I disagree

I say you can like Thin Lizzy without also liking B*witched, You can enjoy the Dubliners but not Daniel O'Donnell. You can appreciate the plays of Wilde and Shaw while thinking that Norton and Kielty are tossers you can like Guiness without thinking that Whisky should be spelt with an "e" and you can boo Richie Towell without wanting to shit through Terry Wogan's letterbox

Obviously I can't speak for all Hearts fans but I hope my feelings are broadly shared

(As does Mister Wogan's cleaner)

By spending too much time embedded in the sectarian cesspit of the Old Firm it would be easy to assume that everybody held all things Irish in either an unconditionally positive or negative regard.

I disagree

I say you can like Thin Lizzy without also liking B*witched, You can enjoy the Dubliners but not Daniel O'Donnell. You can appreciate the plays of Wilde and Shaw while thinking that Norton and Kielty are tossers you can like Guinness without thinking that Whisky should be spelt with an "e" and you can boo Richie Towell without wanting to shit through Terry Wogan's letterbox

Obviously I can't speak for all Hearts fans but I hope my feelings are broadly shared

(As does Mister Wogan's cleaner)

Brilliant post!

:bravo:

Archived