Who's your least favourite MSP?

Boomstick

Mines is Alex Fergusson (IND) member for Galloway & Upper Nithsdale.

Hypocritical, freeloading prick.

Also, he's only an independent because he's the presiding officer of the parliament, he's a tory and is standing as such in the upcoming elections.

I have to read his shitey wee article every week in the Galloway Gazette (a fine paper, up there with the Ayr Advertiser in terms of depressing, short headlines "MAN STABBED" "DEALER RELEASED" "KIDDY FIDDLED") and it's always the same old shite. I checked his record of interests on the parliament website and can only assume he's a filthy stinking hun because of the amount of free cup games he goes to, the man LOVES a freeby.

So, who's your least favourite MSP?

jamboinglasgow

Christine Grahame (SNP list MSP in South of Scotland.)

I have my own views about list MSPs but she has to take the biscuit. Will complain about anything, and 2 years ago she tried to launch an attack on the National Library of Scotland. Had a friend working there at the time. A guy had a huge Scotland flag in his workspace. He was asked to take it down by the management, she got hold of this info and turned it into the library attacking the Scottish flag and stop any display of patriotic pride. What it was in reality was a simple case that the flag was an obstruction of the work space and it was an irrelevance what flag it was or that it was even a flag at all.

She is closely followed by Shirly-Anne Somerville.

Say What Again

This is where I like JKB anonymity. :lol:

Without a shadow of doubt, Mike Russell.

Nobody else - from this 129 or previous 129(s) - comes close.

Salmond all the way,you only see him on t.v. when either one of his M.s.p's make a right pigs ear of something or someone scottish has done well and won a medal or got to number one and he'll turn it into a reason for independance,no Coal,no shipyards,fossil fuels on the way out and he still thinks were better off on our tod,and he kids on he's a jambo then slags off Wallace Mercer!!! :ermm:

itsnomarooned

While I hate to be pedantic (not true) - technically there are no MSPs since the Parliament dissolved yesterday.

But in the spirit of this thread ....... anyone else see Trish Goddard attend for business wearing a Celtic top? I believe she did it for charity but hardly appropriate.

Denny Crane

Ian Gray, Richard Baker, Nicol Stephen and as far as ex-members go, Rosie Kane is up there.

Lord George Foulkes. Thank Foulk he's standing down!

Closely followed by Richard Baker, a total clown and know match for Kenny MacAskill

Lord George Foulkes. Thank Foulk he's standing down!

What's wrong with Foxy Foulksy?

Easily my favourite MSP, ever.

I'm intrigued as to why you "have to read" his column in the Galloway Gazette!

Also, he's only an independent because he's the presiding officer of the parliament, he's a tory and is standing as such in the upcoming elections.

I have to read his shitey wee article every week in the Galloway Gazette (a fine paper, up there with the Ayr Advertiser in terms of depressing, short headlines "MAN STABBED" "DEALER RELEASED" "KIDDY FIDDLED") and it's always the same old shite. I checked his record of interests on the parliament website and can only assume he's a filthy stinking hun because of the amount of free cup games he goes to, the man LOVES a freeby.

I'm intrigued as to why you "have to read" his column in the Galloway Gazette!

Work. I need to keep up with what politicians are saying about various things relating to clients. He writes an article so it's a pretty good starting point.

Ian Grey (sic), apt surname given he is so darn bland. Total non-entity and ferk knows why Labour have him on point. They could wheel up a biscuit in a suit and it would have the same amount of charisma.

Patrick Bateman

Ian Gray by some distance, the thought of him being First Minister of Scotland is nauseating. Richard Baker isn't too far behind...

Ian Gray by some distance, the thought of him being First Minister of Scotland is nauseating. Richard Baker isn't too far behind...

Totally agree with you and the thought of that Richard Baker as Justice minister is scarey, also his wife has been found out but can`t remember what it was for ,seeminly its a labour thing they just can`t help themselves.

Hugh Phamism

That's like asking what is your least favourite kick in the balls!! :blink:

Anyway, Iain Grey has to be up there along with anyone from the Alexander family, thankfully no longer in Holyrood.

To be presiding officer you must give up party allegiances for your term but please don't let that stop you from ranting.

I found Alex Fergusson a gentleman who had the ability to talk to many people on a range of subjects, pity he has a soft spot for Hibernian.

grumpy rebus

All of them as they are a waste of tax payers money.(except perhaps John Park as he crocked Chic Dung in the MSPs vs Journos match)

To be presiding officer you must give up party allegiances for your term but please don't let that stop you from ranting.

I found Alex Fergusson a gentleman who had the ability to talk to many people on a range of subjects, pity he has a soft spot for Hibernian.

Soft spot for that shower of *****?Put him on my list as-well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some interesting answers and some interesting reasons. I have met many of the people already listed on this thread, and trust me, none of them come close to the evil incarnate that is Jackie Baillie. Even her own party hate her. Shirley-anne is lovely by the way.

rossthejambo

David Mundell.

He's an MP but top shout, absolute bellend.

MSP wise, Kenny MacAskill's up there, I'm not entirely sure he knows what the hell he's doing (although you could probs say that about any of them).

Patrick Bateman

MSP wise, Kenny MacAskill's up there, I'm not entirely sure he knows what the hell he's doing (although you could probs say that about any of them).

He's a qualified lawyer and Scotland has the lowest crime rates in 30 years. Can you really ask more from a Justice Secretary? Have you seen what the alternative is? :blink:

r2011march.jpg

rossthejambo

He's a qualified lawyer and Scotland has the lowest crime rates in 30 years. Can you really ask more from a Justice Secretary? Have you seen what the alternative is? :blink:

r2011march.jpg

I didn't say he wasn't doing a good job because I'm not clued up on that sort of thing. It's the impression he gives and his general chit chat that grates with me.

In fairness. the question was who's your least favourite MSP, not who do you think is doing the worst job.

Patrick Bateman

I didn't say he wasn't doing a good job because I'm not clued up on that sort of thing. It's the impression he gives and his general chit chat that grates with me.

In fairness. the question was who's your least favourite MSP, not who do you think is doing the worst job.

Fair enough, wasn't meaning to have a go!

Now, GHP.

annabel_goldie_1290592c.jpg

:woot:

The list of MSP's that could be on my list is rather lengthy. Far too many erses in there for my liking. But to name some:

Bill 'You're really just a Hooker' Aitken

Frank 'Mine's a Pie' McAveety

'Lord' George 'I'll stay on the Gravy Train' Foulkes

Andy 'Wan' Kerr

Christine 'What Do You Mean I'm An Embarrassment To The Parliament' Grahame

Cathy 'Honest I Was A Social Worker' Jamieson

I dont particularly find Iain Gray loathsome like some do. I just think he's not very good at what he does and if Labour have any real designs on getting back in, they would have got shot of him ages ago.

Now, GHP.

Reminds me of Maw Broon, seems a decent sort though. Shame she's a Tory :(

Bonnie Prince Charlie

Ian (private school boy) Gray by a country mile - total ****** winker

Dunk-Section G

Having played against Frank McAvety in a Parliamentary 5-a-side tournament I can confirm the guy is a complete fool. Not a nice guy.

Ian Gray. Still thinks Labour have a divine right to rule in Scotland and acts like he's already First Minister.

Total welt. :angry:

Another for Ian Gray. Its part of the make-up that most MSPs should seem utterly average, but this guy gives the impression he's destined to run the country. Gray is very apt for an utterly forgettable smug, welt of a man.

itsnomarooned

Now, GHP.

I didn't realise Mrs Doubtfire was a MSP

Not an MSP, but a complete tool Scottish MP. Step forward Jim Murphy aka Skeletor. Thinks he owns Scotland and is possibly the most condescending prick you could ever have the misfortune to meet.

0812071251201.jpg

Not an MSP, but a complete tool Scottish MP. Step forward Jim Murphy aka Skeletor. Thinks he owns Scotland and is possibly the most condescending prick you could ever have the misfortune to meet.

0812071251201.jpg

He came to my museum and was a very nice guy. He was with his family mind. Beyond that, he's a pretty detestable politician.

jamboinglasgow

Another for Ian Gray. Its part of the make-up that most MSPs should seem utterly average, but this guy gives the impression he's destined to run the country. Gray is very apt for an utterly forgettable smug, welt of a man.

John Major (the original grey man) had more charisma then him.

John Major (the original grey man) had more charisma then him.

It's a shame Spitting Image isn't still on our screens, would rip the current lot of MSPs and MPs to shreds and allow more mainstream knowledge of politics. So many now have no clue of who runs the country.

itsnomarooned

You would still slip her one, wouldn't you? Dirty.

Certainly not! However, I have an inexplicable fascination with Claire Balding ..... go figure!

itsnomarooned

0812071251201.jpg

Looking at this picture it would appear that Skeletor was a gaylord! :o "Ooh - get you He-Man, I'll scratch your eyes out girlfriend"

Say What Again

Looking at this picture it would appear that Skeletor was a gaylord! :o "Ooh - get you He-Man, I'll scratch your eyes out girlfriend"

"...and don't even start me on those shoes"

This stupid bint!

http://karenwhitefield.com/

Is this John "Yogi" Hughes long lost twin sister?

On the thread question I have to go with Ian Grey as well. I actually start shouting at the radio if he comes on it. He never says anything constructive, even Anabelle Goldie manages that.

Frankie Pal

Can't decide between Fat Eck Salmond and Shirley Trams Somerville. Richard Baker is a Jambo by the way.

Ian Gray without a doubt - all the charisma of a slug - and a Hibs Supporter as well. Says it all!

Tommy Wiseau

Cathy Jamieson could be telling me I'd won the Euro Millions and I'd want to scrape her face off with a chisel and can of de-icer. :down:

No time for Gray as well. Jake in a suit, and a woeful debater.

Except...before he was presiding officer he was a conservative and has stated his intention to stand for re-election in his constituency as a conservative in this coming election. Fairly certain I covered this in my OP...but please don't let that stop you from making me repeat myself.

0812071251201.jpg

I really liked Jim Murphy, really nice, invited me for a tour of the parliament, and this was a while before I joined the Labour Part.

Ian Gray, completley rude obnoxious prick and Bill Aiken a little runt of a man. I used to deal with MSPs a lot in my previous job mapping the new constituencies. Most were up their own arse. The most decent were Stuart Stevenson and Ted Brocklebank.

Can't decide between Fat Eck Salmond and Shirley Trams Somerville. Richard Baker is a Jambo by the way.

Do you hate Alex because he's fat? If not, why mention it? Fatty Foulkes is no slimster, and again Jackie Baillie, dearrie me. Do you think someone can't be a politician due to their girth? You really shouldn't be allowed a vote. Lets have suffrage for people with a mental age over 18. Again, Shirley opposed the trams, like every intelligent person in Scotland, we pointed out that the costing was flawed, the project was badly designed, and the financial analysis was nonsense. So you hate SAS for being right? Please don't vote because those of us that take the time and care to understand how Scotland can be a great country can do without your ignorant obduracy.

Except...before he was presiding officer he was a conservative and has stated his intention to stand for re-election in his constituency as a conservative in this coming election. Fairly certain I covered this in my OP...but please don't let that stop you from making me repeat myself.

I really liked Jim Murphy, really nice, invited me for a tour of the parliament, and this was a while before I joined the Labour Part.

So what's yer point? He isn't ready to retire from politics unlike the previous incumbents of the position, so quite rightly he is going to seek re-election as a MSP. I am failing to see what is so wrong in that.

Archived