Webster

scott_jambo

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Harry Palmer

Those people are tragically misguided though, Governator. I trust you're not suggesting our glorious leader Mr Romanov is a tragically misguided ABSALUTE ROASTER?

Mr Romanov has obviously been swayed by Sir Jim and who can blame him....

Just the gushing over no15 from ABSALUTE ROASTERS that were :seething: that he was returning....makes Arnie :seething:

Not to mention the usual ABSALUTE ROASTERS.

kissthebadge

Does not look fit but most importantly, match sharp. He was beaten far too easily at the back stick for the first goal and was turned very easily by a relatively slow striker for the second. Has been found on numerous occasions not tracking his marker & getting dragged towards the ball. Given that these are two of Zal's weaknesses, this might be the main reason we've shipped to may goals of late.

If he can stay injury-free, I think he'll be very much improved next season. My main concern is that he's too worries about getting crocked again & wont push himself pre-season.

mahgrassyshoes

Webster was good yesterday. I thought he strolled it at the back, tbh.

Drylaw Hearts

Webster didn't have a good game yesterday - he was involved in both St Mirren goals.

He should have put in a bit effort. No wonder he never made it at Rangers.

mahgrassyshoes

Webster didn't have a good game yesterday - he was involved in both St Mirren goals.

He should have put in a bit effort. No wonder he never made it at Rangers.

Sorry guys, there was supposed to be a ninja smiley at the end of that!

Drylaw Hearts

On current form I really hope he does not play at Easter rd.

On current form we would have a team of only 3 players at ER.

The rest of the team have at least proved themselves during the course of this season. I've seen nothing from Webster that gives me any encouragement. As I said, he is either so unfit he shouldn't be anywhere near the team or he is done. Either way he should not be getting a jersey.

I hope it is the former as Webster from his first spell would be a great asset.

Drylaw Hearts

The rest of the team have at least proved themselves during the course of this season. I've seen nothing from Webster that gives me any encouragement. As I said, he is either so unfit he shouldn't be anywhere near the team or he is done. Either way he should not be getting a jersey.

I hope it is the former as Webster from his first spell would be a great asset.

Saturday apart.........he's been the best of the back 4 in each the games he's played since his return.

Fact.

Drylaw Hearts

Delusional mate.

You think ?

Saturday apart....who's been our steadiest defender since Webster signed ?

colinmaroon

Strolled it again. cool.gif

Sure, he played bad - but at least he did it while strolling. 097.gif

Scott, I hope you don't go out in the rain!!!

Rust will seriously effect your health!

If by steady you mean not moving, then Webster, because he doesnt or can't move.

Bouzid with zaliukas has been a better partnership in my opinion. Webster is seriously not match fit or is done. Either way, he shouldn't be playing. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that it's match fitness.

If jefferies wants to give him games, wait til 3rd is secure.

You think ?

Saturday apart....who's been our steadiest defender since Webster signed ?

Drylaw Hearts

If by steady you mean not moving, then Webster, because he doesnt or can't move.

Bouzid with zaliukas has been a better partnership in my opinion. Webster is seriously not match fit or is done. Either way, he shouldn't be playing. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that it's match fitness.

If jefferies wants to give him games, wait til 3rd is secure.

By steady I mean who has been our best defender since Webster arrived ?

I'll give you a clue....

It isn't Bouzid, Zaliukas or Jonsson. It isn't Wallace, Thomson or Ruben either.

And it certainly isn't Dawid Kucharski.

This should help you answer correctly.

Cringeworthy thread. But joining in anyway.

Webster is a fine player, better than Bouzid and will be immense once again.

He will get 20 more caps for Scotland and he will captain the mighty JTs. He will also lift a trophy for Hearts in the next five years.

Mate, don't act like a tit. I won't be so arrogant to tell to that you're wrong, just that you have a different opinion from me.

If you're happy with websters performances so far, good. Suggests to me that you don't really know you're football though.

By steady I mean who has been our best defender since Webster arrived ?

I'll give you a clue....

It isn't Bouzid, Zaliukas or Jonsson. It isn't Wallace, Thomson or Ruben either.

And it certainly isn't Dawid Kucharski.

This should help you answer correctly.

Drylaw Hearts

Mate, don't act like a tit. I won't be so arrogant to tell to that you're wrong, just that you have a different opinion from me.

If you're happy with websters performances so far, good. Suggests to me that you don't really know you're football though.

Then tell me who's been better.

hit nail head !

I love it when people complete ignore the facts and deal in opinion to prove their points ! Zal and bouzid was a working partnership ! this is fact, our best run of clean sheet was with these 2 ! But lets forget that and just say that Zal is shite because it fits a agenda !

Drylaw Hearts

hit nail head !

I love it when people complete ignore the facts and deal in opinion to prove their points ! Zal and bouzid was a working partnership ! this is fact, our best run of clean sheet was with these 2 ! But lets forget that and just say that Zal is shite because it fits a agenda !

Ok brains....

You answer the question as buzzbomb has ignored it a couple of times :

Who has been our best defender since Websters return ?

I don't think changing your CH pairing half way through the season is ever a good thing.

Hopefully we'll be able to iron out the problems we've been having sooner rather than later.

Zaliukas and bouzid have been better than Webster. They can run which is a start. I'm not going to include the full backs. Webster has been crap. That clear enough for you drylaw.

Drylaw Hearts

I don't think changing your CH pairing half way through the season is ever a good thing.

Hopefully we'll be able to iron out the problems we've been having sooner rather than later.

I agree it hasn't really worked so far but it's better doing it when you're 15 points ahead rather than 15 points behind.

Zaliukas has looked very uncomfy beside Webster though.

I think if Bouzid had a long term future at the club then Webster may have had to bide his time but it's clear he's out the door so Webster is getting much needed games under his belt.

Drylaw Hearts

Zaliukas and bouzid have been better than Webster. They can run which is a start. I'm not going to include the full backs. Webster has been crap. That clear enough for you drylaw.

You either don't have the foggiest idea about what happens during a game or you haven't been to all the matches since Webster returned.

Maybe Webster is just unable to run when I watch. And I've played football professionally, but I bow to your superior knowledge.

Drylaw Hearts

Maybe Webster is just unable to run when I watch. And I've played football professionally, but I bow to your superior knowledge.

You've played football professionally but you can't tell that Webster has been better than Zaluikas or Bouzid since his return ?!?!

The mind boggles.

mahgrassyshoes

I agree it hasn't really worked so far but it's better doing it when you're 15 points ahead rather than 15 points behind.

Zaliukas has looked very uncomfy beside Webster though.

I think if Bouzid had a long term future at the club then Webster may have had to bide his time but it's clear he's out the door so Webster is getting much needed games under his belt.

I think that's because Zal would sit in and sweep any thing up and Bouzid would do the aerial battle and the man marking. The problem is both Zal and Webster prefer the Zal role and Webster has started doing that and Zal is doing what Bouzid was doing. They started like that on Saturday and changed at half time because Zal wasn't coping with Higdon. I still think they will come very good next year. They'll need a good bit of time to gel properly, and i imagine that will be sorted out during pre-season.

Or maybe you're wrong. Webster cannot run, his distribution has always been poor and it hasn't improved. Zaliukas has had a good season in a decent partnership with bouzid.

As regards giving Webster games for match fitness, secure 3rd first, then he'll have a few games at the end of the season, plus a whole pre season.

And by the way, see when someone has a different opinion from you, by all means disagree, but don't try and belittle them.

Zal has a far better pass than Webster.

Webster just plays it sideways to CT and leaves him with the responsibility.

Zal can ping them 40 yards plus. He is triffic.

Drylaw Hearts

Zal has a far better pass than Webster.

Webster just plays it sideways to CT and leaves him with the responsibility.

Zal can ping them 40 yards plus. He is triffic.

Zals 'passing' has led to many a scoring opportunity for the opposition.

Webster plays it safe.

Elvis style.

Webster plays it safe.

Elvis style.

Webster's passing completion will have been close to 100% - but it was buck passing stuff all game. Constantly did not draw a man and even worse moved towards Thomson before shovelling it on ball and man to him.

Big fan of Webster, but want to see him stepping out with the ball like he used to do rather than putting other players into trouble.

Zaliukas' passing is very hit or miss.

Drylaw Hearts

Or maybe you're wrong. Webster cannot run, his distribution has always been poor and it hasn't improved. Zaliukas has had a good season in a decent partnership with bouzid.

As regards giving Webster games for match fitness, secure 3rd first, then he'll have a few games at the end of the season, plus a whole pre season.

Nobody is questioning how good Zal and Bouzid were playing together.

But as has happened previously - some players with no long term future at the club are sidelined.

Webster is a better player than Zaliukas and Bouzid.

The problem has been Zal and Webster haven't quite yet gelled. Zaliukas has suffered though whilst Saturday apart Webster has been the better player.

And by the way, see when someone has a different opinion from you, by all means disagree, but don't try and belittle them.

What like this you mean..........

Delusional mate.

Anyway....

I suspect you and others judgement of Webster is clouded by the circumstances in which he left Hearts and not how he is performing.

Drylaw Hearts

Webster's passing completion will have been close to 100% - but it was buck passing stuff all game. Constantly did not draw a man and even worse moved towards Thomson before shovelling it on ball and man to him.

Big fan of Webster, but want to see him stepping out with the ball like he used to do rather than putting other players into trouble.

Zaliukas' passing is very hit or miss.

Webster did not have one of his better games on Saturday.

The whole team looked on edge and very nervous.

Tommy Wiseau

Agree with this, especially with regards Thomson, Mrowiec, Templeton and Palazuelos, but I didn't think Webster was trying nearly hard enough on Saturday. Coco's spot on about the buck-passing with his distribution - exactly the kind of passing I slated Palazuelos for last season.

As much as people might be sceptical, now he's here I want him to be good, so hopefully it's a fitness issue and not an attitude issue. Disappointed with his contribution considering it was the first time I'd seen him properly since he returned (was on holiday for the United game).

Agree with this, especially with regards Thomson, Mrowiec, Templeton and Palazuelos, but I didn't think Webster was trying nearly hard enough on Saturday. Coco's spot on about the buck-passing with his distribution - exactly the kind of passing I slated Palazuelos for last season.

As much as people might be sceptical, now he's here I want him to be good, so hopefully it's a fitness issue and not an attitude issue. Disappointed with his contribution considering it was the first time I'd seen him properly since he returned (was on holiday for the United game).

Seen every game he has played for us and I'm not impressed, tbf I hate the ***** and deep down want him to fail but it means hearts suffer which is pissing me off ! I want the best for hearts and that means to go back to a partnership that was working. Totally agree with coco points about passing the buck. As for zal's passing, I've lost count this season how many moves he has started that led to goals ! Overall 2 bad results, at home against kille and Dundee utd away should not stop us having one of our best seasons since 2006 !

scott_jambo

I agree with you here.

The only thing which will wind me up more than him coming back to Hearts is him coming back to Hearts and being unfit/not trying a leg/playing poor.

He didn't look too concerned when St Mirren scored. At the second goal Zal fired the ball into the net pissed off, I think he is getting a little frustrated with our new-look leaky defence.

They better get that CB partnership sorted, that also goes for thick as mince Thomson and Mroweic who had a stinker and seemed to lack any effort as well. Waken up lads.

Hope Robinson plays in the next game.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Stevenson was saying in the paper today they were nervous and looking over their shoulders but now they feel a lot better.

The thing with January signings is I always think you can't judge them until they've had a full pre season under their belt and have settled in. It's tough to come into a team right in the middle of the season when you are nowhere near fit or sharp enough.

The similar laid back style both Webster and Zaliukas have could be an issue though.

Webster plays it safe.

Elvis style.

He didn't play it very safe on 2 occasions.

scott_jambo

Stevenson was saying in the paper today they were nervous and looking over their shoulders but now they feel a lot better.

The thing with January signings is I always think you can't judge them until they've had a full pre season under their belt and have settled in. It's tough to come into a team right in the middle of the season when you are nowhere near fit or sharp enough.

The similar laid back style both Webster and Zaliukas have could be an issue though.

True.

Just wish his body language didn't look as if he was consciously playing within himself.

Webster was mince on saturday, better in the second half apart from the second goal. Next season we will see the best of him. Like Driver don't expect miracles.

Couldn't give a toss what circumstances Webster left under. I'm commenting on what I see. Zaliukas has not gelled with Webster because one half of the defensive partnership is not fit to play. He's got half an eye on what his partner may or may not be doing.

Webster was a better player than bouzid and Zaliukas. He is not at the moment.

I've no problem sidelining bouzid if it improves the team, but it hasn't. And by the way, I don't think it's doing Webster any favours.

Nobody is questioning how good Zal and Bouzid were playing together.

But as has happened previously - some players with no long term future at the club are sidelined.

Webster is a better player than Zaliukas and Bouzid.

The problem has been Zal and Webster haven't quite yet gelled. Zaliukas has suffered though whilst Saturday apart Webster has been the better player.

What like this you mean..........

Anyway....

I suspect you and others judgement of Webster is clouded by the circumstances in which he left Hearts and not how he is performing.

Drylaw Hearts

Couldn't give a toss what circumstances Webster left under. I'm commenting on what I see. Zaliukas has not gelled with Webster because one half of the defensive partnership is not fit to play. He's got half an eye on what his partner may or may not be doing.

Webster was a better player than bouzid and Zaliukas. He is not at the moment.

I've no problem sidelining bouzid if it improves the team, but it hasn't. And by the way, I don't think it's doing Webster any favours.

Where did this little gem come from ?

Probably from the same place as 'Webster has been the steadiest defender...'

Where did this little gem come from ?

Drylaw Hearts

Probably from the same place as 'Webster has been the steadiest defender...'

Good try but......

No.

colinmaroon

You've played football professionally but you can't tell that Webster has been better than Zaluikas or Bouzid since his return ?!?!

The mind boggles.

I think you have to admit though that Zaliukas was a better player than Webster has been with Bouzid playing alongside him!

I would add that Bouzid is a bit of a bombscare and, therefore, you would think that Zaliukas would have been worse playing with Bouzid than with the "better" Webster!

Footballers, with very few exceptions, don't play in isolation. That's why a great team may not necessarily have the best players in every position but rather players that complement each other and play together as a team!

Archived