We miss Bouzid

Cigaro

Tommy Wiseau

Webster = One of the best defenders ever to play for Hearts.

Bouzid = One of the worst defenders ever to play for Hearts.

LOLZ. Are they feck. :lol:

There's no question that Webster's a better defender than Bouzid it's more to do with balance at the back.

After thinking about it I'll reserve my judgement until Zal and Webster have had a few more matches together in CD. I think that's a better idea. :D

Harry Palmer

Well, I don't think I need to reply to the question I was asked as I think it's already been answered.

ginger jambo98

Webster has played in five games for us

And the record from those games is won 3 drawn 1 lost 1 that is a 60% win record, 20% draw and 20% loss, which equates to 10 of the 58 points we have.

If we had been achieving those percentages in the games he hasn't played in this season we would presently be sitting on 60 points. If you are intent on arguing a point I would suggest that at this stage a better argument would be that there hasn't, as yet, been any dramatic improvement. And the period you refer to, when we were on a huge high, came to an end weeks prior to Webster arriving.

Hmmm, facts are facts - won't help the knockers feel any better though.

Keep up the maths PJ1 - I'm in your corner !

I don't think Webster and Zaliukas are a particularly good blend as a centre half pair. Neither likes to make the first challenge (whereas Bouzid does). Webster played most of his good football for us on the left side of the defence - and is currently playing on the right.

Bouzid and Webster for me would be a better blend.

I thought that Webster's passing was atrocious yesterday. Continually put Thomson (who was having a very poor game) under pressure by not committing anyone before shovelling it to him. And the same with the passes to midfield players coming deeper with an opponent right behind them.

I don't think Webster and Zaliukas are a particularly good blend as a centre half pair. Neither likes to make the first challenge (whereas Bouzid does). Webster played most of his good football for us on the left side of the defence - and is currently playing on the right.

I thought that Webster's passing was atrocious yesterday. Continually put Thomson (who was having a very poor game) under pressure by not committing anyone before shovelling it to him. And the same with the passes to midfield players coming deeper with an opponent right behind them.

Now imagine..5246015.jpg

Webster and Diamond. :ninja:

Harry Palmer

Massive surprise.

The defence has looked very shaky since Webster stepped in for Bouzid.

Maybe he's not the bombscare the Kickback managers think he is.

Correct.

We had a run of clean sheets but since Webster came back, he has played 3 games plus half an hour. We lost no goals during the half hour against the sheep but have shipped 5 goals in the 3 games he has completed. Is that co-incidence or should we be worried?

'MOTM' Cigaro is spot on.

Cigaro 'The Torpedo' knows his stuff when it comes to defenders.

:lol:

To clarify, I'm not saying Bouzid is a better footballer than Webster, I'm saying that he is a better partner for Zal at this moment in time. We're currently competing in this season, not next.

Harry Palmer

:lol:

To clarify, I'm not saying Bouzid is a better footballer than Webster, I'm saying that he is a better partner for Zal at this moment in time. We're currently competing in this season, not next.

Not according to Coco.

Tom Barnaby

So simple question.

Have we been a stronger defensive unit since webster came back?

I think not!

He may be a "better" football player than Bouzid, but has he made our defence more solid?

I think not. He doesnt play well with Zal, he is an individual. No use to the team.

For me he can eff right of.

Arrogant with a bad attitude.

If you are reading this you arrogant ****, piss off. You're view of yourself is overblown. Webster I hate you....we were better before you signed.

F*k off.*

Answer to your question Yes we are a much better team with Webster in it, he is the best central defender at the club by a mile

Not according to Coco.

Miller/McLeish. Hegarty/Narey. Levein/Jardine. Pressley/Webster. McLaren/Levein. Weir/Ritchie.

All centre half partnerships where one was the more physical direct player and the other swept up.

Then you have the likes of Puyol/Pique. Ferdinand/Vidic. Terry/Carvalho. Etc etc etc.

Mr Brightside

Correct.

We had a run of clean sheets but since Webster came back, he has played 3 games plus half an hour. We lost no goals during the half hour against the sheep but have shipped 5 goals in the 3 games he has completed. Is that co-incidence or should we be worried?

[/quote

Except we kept a clean sheet away to Hamilton on his first game back when he played a full 90mins.

Webster has played in five games for us

And the record from those games is won 3 drawn 1 lost 1 that is a 60% win record, 20% draw and 20% loss, which equates to 10 of the 58 points we have.

If we had been achieving those percentages in the games he hasn't played in this season we would presently be sitting on 60 points. If you are intent on arguing a point I would suggest that at this stage a better argument would be that there hasn't, as yet, been any dramatic improvement. And the period you refer to, when we were on a huge high, came to an end weeks prior to Webster arriving.

Good to see sensible posting on this thread.

Trying to put my argument over whildt pished is never that good an idea!

I feel that as someone else sober and more eloquent said Webster is not getting the point of Zal being captain.

There is confusion in the defence as Webster wants to be captain. The way he wanders around shouting orders shows this. With Bouzid (yes probably not as good or refined as Webster) actually works WITH Zal which means a steadier defence.

I do believe this combination works. To be honest I still dont like Webster (or as I typed whilst pissed Judas!) for what he did before to our club. Maybe I aint as forgiving as others, but due to that, the idea (quite reasonably requested by others) of the partnership needing time to gel I struggle with.

I personally would rather have 2 people who understand each other and work together, to me that is Zal and Bouzid at this moment.

We don't miss Bouzid but he isn't anywhere near as bad as some would have you believe.

Webster = One of the best defenders ever to play for Hearts.

Bouzid = One of the worst defenders ever to play for Hearts.

Utter shite.

Archived