Question

Ecce Romanov

Johanes de Silentio

i like the proclaimers, and before i get any shite, some guy on here today sais he couldn't buy an s/t till he got morrisey tickets, now he's pish

You get a point for saying Morrissey is pish, cos it's true! :thumbsup:

However, you like The Proclaimers, so you lose three points! :verymad:

No soup for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNwbjcuQUv8&feature=related

If they weren't ugly specky Hobo's, and I admit that's a big if, the hatred for them on here would not be so strong.

I like their version of King of the Road and I'm not afraid to say it.

CF11JamTart

You might as well be talking about The Krankies or Fran and Anna.

I'll be honest, I sometimes play 500 miles with my band at weddings/parties, etc, and people go nuts for it. :thumbsup:

They're still shite, though! :verymad:

I'd rather see the Krankies. At least they acknowledge their aspiration to be a kitsch comedy duo.

Went to see the Procs in Bristol about a decade ago. As it gig in itself, it was "OK-ish: five-out-of-ten"... but the number of Hibs (and RaSellickFootballClub) tops in attendance made me feel dirty, in a bad way.

Didn't know there were so many Leithers in the West Country.

Johanes de Silentio

Didn't know there were so many Leithers in the West Country.

Surely you've seen Straw Dogs? :blink:

CF11JamTart

Surely you've seen Straw Dogs? :blink:

In-breds, yeah.

Leithers...? OK, fair point.

Although the Levellers have pretty much sewn-up the "warrior poet" thing with their right-on, dog-on-a-string crustiness.

Johanes de Silentio

In-breds, yeah.

Leithers...? OK, fair point.

Although the Levellers have pretty much sewn-up the "warrior poet" thing with their right-on, dog-on-a-string crustiness.

I'll be honest, I've seen The Proclaimers live at The Playhouse! :ninja:

Only because Win were supporting - Win weren't that great, tbh! :(

CF11JamTart

I'll be honest, I've seen The Proclaimers live at The Playhouse! :ninja:

Only because Win were supporting - Win weren't that great, tbh! :(

Wowser!!

Win were surreal enough (and pretty good) - Davy Henderson having a crack at "playing the game"?, but supporting the Procs? Some sort of Hib-oid love-in?

Johanes de Silentio

Wowser!!

Win were surreal enough (and pretty good) - Davy Henderson having a crack at "playing the game"?, but supporting the Procs? Some sort of Hib-oid love-in?

I think me and my girlfriend were the only ***** in The Playhouse who were actually interested in seeing Win that night! :lol:

If anything, Win were just too cynical for their own good - coulda been massive - wurny!

CF11JamTart

I think me and my girlfriend were the only ***** in The Playhouse who were actually interested in seeing Win that night! :lol:

If anything, Win were just too cynical for their own good - coulda been massive - wurny!

Henderson probably wouldn't have it any other way.

Anyway "Win" isn't a word that (as Hibs fans) the Proclaimers would be familiar with

Johanes de Silentio

Henderson probably wouldn't have it any other way.

Anyway "Win" isn't a word that (as Hibs fans) the Proclaimers would be familiar with

Indeed - on both points! :thumbsup:

NO!

Allow me to put this as rationally as I possible can:

The Proclaimers are a complete and utter absolute ******* JOKE!

They are a novelty act, but they don't know it.

It's nothing to do with being a Hearts fan at all, imo - if you enjoy the music of The Proclaimers, then you have no credibility whatsoever - NONE!

:verymad:

Nowhere. :thumbsup:

So you don't like The Proclaimers?

Defending anyone's right to like The Proclaimers is bad enough - not because they are Hibs people, but because...

THEY ARE TERRIBLE!

I am actually RAGING! :verymad:

You might as well be talking about The Krankies or Fran and Anna.

I'll be honest, I sometimes play 500 miles with my band at weddings/parties, etc, and people go nuts for it. :thumbsup:

They're still shite, though! :verymad:

I'll be honest, I've seen The Proclaimers live at The Playhouse! :ninja: Only because Win were supporting - Win weren't that great, tbh! :(

So you really quite like them then :thumbsup:

It's at hampden at Scotland games after they score when they play the specky twins,i swear it puts you off celebrating the goal...that and the "Doe a deer,A female deer"brigade.

Captain Sausage

Any time anyone in a Texan bar finds out your Scottish, that is the first song on the jukebox. Hideous.

ToadKiller Dog

They lie in song , Was up near Methil the other day , Sad to say its still there ,though Irvine jambo is no more Irvine itself still stands.

As somebody said a novelty shortbread act, but it has done them well made them wealthy and there music sort of imortal ,not my cup o tea .

Sunshine on keach .

Of course it is possible.

What is impossible is to say that you like the Proclaimers and for your musical opinion to be taken seriously by any grown adult. An horrific "band" that trade off making terrible music AND they are Hibs fans.

What's to like?

AH! WOOD! WOK! FIVE! HUUUNNNDRID! MIALES! AND! AH! WOOD! WOK! FIVE HUUUNDRID! MORE!

Who wants that shite shouted at them?

For a brief period during the 80's they were slightly amusing, a bit like a Scottish wurzels. Now that happy clappy, god bothering, hobo whine chews on my nerve ends and is highly embarrasing to the country that spawned them. Can't believe they actually play this s**** at Hampden when we score. Shang a Lang, now there's a tune.

I've been to Sunshine on Leith, the musical...

Didn't like it though.

Seriously they've been around for how long and I can count on two hands the songs of theirs I know and one hand the songs of theirs I can hear without throwing a brick at my pregnant neighbour. Shocking consistency.

Craig Herbertson

They're well known in Germany for 500 miles which has a catchy hook. To be fair they sung in broad Scots which was quite innovative at the time and didn't pander to sounding English even though they were asked to by record companies.

CF11JamTart

For a brief period during the 80's they were slightly amusing, a bit like a Scottish wurzels. Now that happy clappy, god bothering, hobo whine chews on my nerve ends and is highly embarrasing to the country that spawned them. Can't believe they actually play this s**** at Hampden when we score. Shang a Lang, now there's a tune.

Mr HydePark, you are a genius.

:thumbsup:

I walked out of a Proclaimers concert and stood in the bar as the whole place was infested in scum wearing Hibs tops.

My mistake I suppose I just didn't realise how much pond life would be there.

Maybe the best place to see them would be in Inverness but never in Edinburgh.

Archived