Hearts fans have become old women!

thirdyboy1976

thirdyboy1976

I like to read JKB & other forums, as I like to hear what others supporters opinions are. However, I have to admit that the majority of "supporters" on JKB are a bunch of rockets. Now I know I will take a barrage of abuse for this & be named as a Hobo blah blah blah but the fact is it is true. Each & every day there is a new topic started about how poor Hearts are, how poor a certain player is- namely Clum, Stevenson, Rudi, Obua, who should we get rid off- to the majority of people using this site that means everyone, how JJ got it all wrong. Today I even read that the run of 11 wins was a "tremendous run of undefeated lucky results", however, when we were racking up the points during that 'lucky' period & beating the old firm at the same time, I don't recall anyone moaning then. The majority of the people who use this site are the one's who think were are Barcelona & should be playing football like them. They are also the people who would boo Barcelona for not winning a game! Glory hunters not supporters. Who know's what you would be like if your local team was East Stirling or Elgin?? Support a bigger team perhaps?

I suppose what my point is, I'm not sure what you people are actually expecting. We are a club which carries debt & therefore, investment to a high financial level will always be at a minimum, Hearts are in the main always going to recruit free transfers & cheaper players. This means the chances of us buying a Messi or Rooney are pretty low. So we are stuck with the Stevenson's etc. To condemn these players on a daily basis is not what being a supporter is about, I think the word supporter may suggest you support not to undermine. The Kilmarnock game is a case in point, when Stevenson was being substituted he was roundly booed. That's appalling, then you expect him to perform to a better standard next week. Clum has had that for years. Now I'm not saying that ,all the players we have are great & are are at the right standard, I don't think they are, Clum! But they are playing in maroon not green and white & we need to support them. I remember this time last year Ian Black was taking all kinds of abuse & now in some peoples eyes he is the best thing since Johan Cruyff!

Where are the threads about supporting the team?

Dr. Bapswent

This a Hearts football forum.

What do you expect?

Constant blinkered positivity.....or some debate?

Thanks

Johanes de Silentio

I think there has been a fair amount of discussion on this, to be fair. :thumbsup:

jack D and coke

I've been going to tynecastle since long before KB and I recall players like Kenny black getting absolute pelters week in week out. Derek Ferguson, Dave McPherson, Walter Kidd, much better players than Stevenson or that goon Elliot.

Granted there's some serious big girls blouses who if they came out with their pish in a boozer what they write on here they'd get abused and laughed out the pub.

Surely the whole point of a forum is to discuss different views on players, formations, tactics etc...?

If everyone just said the same thing then what would be the point?

Granted the post you picked out about our run off 11 games being "lucky" was a daft post but how many sensible posts did you scroll through before you found that one?

Johanes de Silentio

When you come home from a 5-0 home victory over Aberdeen, you want to rave about it, but your Mrs is too busy watching X-Factor to be interested - so you rave about it on Kickback, or wherever.

When you come back from a piss-poor defeat at Tannadice, you want to rant about it - fair enough, you can do that on the supporter's bus, but it's still bothering you, and your Mrs is in bed with her rollers in, and a face-pack on - so you rant about it on Kickback.

I like to read JKB & other forums, as I like to hear what others supporters opinions are. However, I have to admit that the majority of "supporters" on JKB are a bunch of rockets. Now I know I will take a barrage of abuse for this & be named as a Hobo blah blah blah but the fact is it is true. Each & every day there is a new topic started about how poor Hearts are, how poor a certain player is- namely Clum, Stevenson, Rudi, Obua, who should we get rid off- to the majority of people using this site that means everyone, how JJ got it all wrong. Today I even read that the run of 11 wins was a "tremendous run of undefeated lucky results", however, when we were racking up the points during that 'lucky' period & beating the old firm at the same time, I don't recall anyone moaning then. The majority of the people who use this site are the one's who think were are Barcelona & should be playing football like them. They are also the people who would boo Barcelona for not winning a game! Glory hunters not supporters. Who know's what you would be like if your local team was East Stirling or Elgin?? Support a bigger team perhaps?

I suppose what my point is, I'm not sure what you people are actually expecting. We are a club which carries debt & therefore, investment to a high financial level will always be at a minimum, Hearts are in the main always going to recruit free transfers & cheaper players. This means the chances of us buying a Messi or Rooney are pretty low. So we are stuck with the Stevenson's etc. To condemn these players on a daily basis is not what being a supporter is about, I think the word supporter may suggest you support not to undermine. The Kilmarnock game is a case in point, when Stevenson was being substituted he was roundly booed. That's appalling, then you expect him to perform to a better standard next week. Clum has had that for years. Now I'm not saying that ,all the players we have are great & are are at the right standard, I don't think they are, Clum! But they are playing in maroon not green and white & we need to support them. I remember this time last year Ian Black was taking all kinds of abuse & now in some peoples eyes he is the best thing since Johan Cruyff!

to be fair it would be a pretty shite place if it was just about 'supporting the team' threads.

thread title - SUPPORT THE TEAM BUD, U.

agreed.

i do.

well said.

this.

count me in.

you have a PM.

FTH.

Surely the whole point of a forum is to discuss different views on players, formations, tactics etc...?

If everyone just said the same thing then what would be the point?

Granted the post you picked out about our run off 11 games being "lucky" was a daft post but how many sensible posts did you scroll through before you found that one?

Discuss is one thing. endless repetition of 'xxx GTF' and just general abuse of players, management etc is completely pointless. There are players I don't rate, and I'm happy to share my opinion on them but some of the over-reaction an vitriol on here is unbelievable. The worst any of the players ever do is play badly at football. it's hardly the end of the world. Some people just need to get other things in their life.

itsnomarooned

While I wouldn't countenance some of the booing players get on a Saturday, as supporters I think we're perfectly entitled to express our opinions even if they're negative. As has been pointed out, it would make for an extremely boring site if all we ever did was constantly heap praise on the team - anyway, that wouldn't work for Elliot or Glen who are utter sh1t! (whoops - there I go again).

Finally, how can anyone ever accuse a Hearts fan of being a "glory hunter"??? Apart from 2 cups and 2 cracking seasons (one ending in utter despair), I'm toiling to pick out those glory years in my lifetime.

alwaysthereinspirit

Hearts are awesome

Stevenson will be capped by Scotland in the not to distant future

Elliot will score 25 goals next year

Abuo WILL finally win African player of the year.

Done and dusted. All is good again with the world.

Oh and on a side note, the Japanese reactors have cooled.

mahgrassyshoes

That comment was completely tongue-in-cheek, albeit aimed at someone who said it seriously. The point still stands that the comment you refer to was taking the piss.

I understand what your going on about but all the players will be supported as long as they play well and if they're not, at least dig in and put themselves about a bit, it's about showing passion and endeavour. Too many players, no names in particular, just generally, and thankfully not all at the same time, just go through the motions and just live to hear that final whistle at the end. That's a possible 8 points out of a possible 9 we've lost in the last 3 games, while i'm not saying we have the divine right to get maximum points every game it doesn't help that there's a lack of effort on that field sometimes, footballers don't realise how lucky they are to be earning thousands a week, most folk don't, and if they actually got stuck in they could've had 3rd place wrapped up by now and if i'm pizt off about that then that's the way it is. While i've never booed a Hearts player individually, ever, i'm entitled to make my point on a daft football forum.

tommythejambo

Here's a little song I wrote,

you might want to sing it note for note,

don't worry be happy...

I find it hard to see how people can get this wound up by stuff written on a football forum.

You have some good points mate. And the one that you are right about and it gets right up my beak, is when some fans start saying our winning run was lucky or we had some lucky results after we have a couple of defeats.

Talk about taking the kudos away from your own team!!!! The fact is, it wasn`t lucky...we deserved the vast majority of wins so i don`t know who the slaver is that said they were lucky?

I worry about the background and mentality of some people on here. Very weird , do they get out and socialise? Do they have friends?

Why are they seemingly so bitter and negative towards their own team constantly? FFs, i moan but only for a while. You always have to move on in football and in the end you are meant to SUPPORT your team.

We have lost the art of saying "feck them all " in defeat...be positive FFS and get behind the boys....you`d think this season has been a disaster going by some.

Problem Officer?

True, so many on here just bitch and moan.

It's no wonder Tynecastle has become a graveyard as well for any game other then Hibs, Celtic, Rangers or European ties when there's so many people who prefer to moan about singing a naughty song or two, or because a few people have certain flags, and that they would rather try to be a top notch football pundit by analysing 110% of the game in order to spout crap on here.

90% of noise you hear at Tynecastle these days is the sandwich munchers moaning at either our players or officials rather than singing etc.

Sad state of affairs really.

If we are top of the league, 3rd or 4th in the league, 8/9/10th etc, and we get beat at home to the likes of Killie, draw away to Aberdeen, lose away to Utd etc whilst hardly threatening the opposition goal, i will come on here amongst fellow supporters and give my thoughts and opinions on the game and the way we played.

That though does not mean i do not give the team my full backing for the 90(+)mins during the game.

If we are top of the league, 3rd or 4th in the league, 8/9/10th etc, and we get beat at home to the likes of Killie, draw away to Aberdeen, lose away to Utd etc whilst hardly threatening the opposition goal, i will come on here amongst fellow supporters and give my thoughts and opinions on the game and the way we played.

That though does not mean i do not give the team my full backing for the 90(+)mins during the game.

We all have ranted at some point at Tynecastle,and away from home.I think if things are not going well,a wee bit of encouragement is required.A good boot up the arse from the fans in other words.This is a million miles away from booing imo.Never understood it really although Larry "hobbling" off last season never pushed me over the edge.I argee entirely though,mate,that the worst thing you can hear at the game is some moaning-faced **** griping for the sake of it.Yes,they pay their money and can behave as they wish but i've yet to see any player respond positively to continual abuse.

Bit of a slight on old woman if you ask me.:whistling:

Yes - but the fact is we pay our players more than any team outside the old firm - so we should expect them to be able to beat the likes of Dundee United and Aberdeen.

As for complaining when we lose - I am not a "glory hunter" - but I will criticise the team when we play badly. The day when most of our supporters are not bothered by a home defeat to Kilmarnock is the day I will be worried.

cashgenerator

Terrible first paragraph, decent second paragraph apart from the Ian Black/Johan Cruyff chat which was just awful.

True, so many on here just bitch and moan.

It's no wonder Tynecastle has become a graveyard as well for any game other then Hibs, Celtic, Rangers or European ties when there's so many people who prefer to moan about singing a naughty song or two, or because a few people have certain flags, and that they would rather try to be a top notch football pundit by analysing 110% of the game in order to spout crap on here.

90% of noise you hear at Tynecastle these days is the sandwich munchers moaning at either our players or officials rather than singing etc.

Sad state of affairs really.

What do you mean by naughty song? Sectarian or racist? Not sure we need those to pick up the atmosphere as there are plenty of Hearts songs without that nonsense. Not sure it is sandwich munchers moaning either - seems to be a fair old mixture of moaners. The moaning is ridiculous though, in 25 years of going to Tynie I have never known the crowd to moan as much as they do now and for me it is beginning to spoil the match. So many people will shout almost zero encouragement but just sit waiting on a loose pass so they can froth at the mouth and hurl abuse at the Hearts player. Its weird if you ask me.

So many people will shout almost zero encouragement but just sit waiting on a loose pass so they can froth at the mouth and hurl abuse at the Hearts player. Its weird if you ask me.

This, this, this again. Half the folks around me never clap, cheer, sing, nor give any sort of praise. But one missed tackle ...

Nelly Terraces

Try getting out into the real world folks, check other clubs websites, they're all exactly the same, players getting pelters, folk falling out and people talkin about any old tom kite. This place is no different, except the language you can use is a little less fruity.

If what's said on here bothers you then that's your problem. And you really don't have much to moan about in life.

Cheers.

What do you mean by naughty song? Sectarian or racist? Not sure we need those to pick up the atmosphere as there are plenty of Hearts songs without that nonsense. Not sure it is sandwich munchers moaning either - seems to be a fair old mixture of moaners. The moaning is ridiculous though, in 25 years of going to Tynie I have never known the crowd to moan as much as they do now and for me it is beginning to spoil the match. So many people will shout almost zero encouragement but just sit waiting on a loose pass so they can froth at the mouth and hurl abuse at the Hearts player. Its weird if you ask me.

this

fair enough moaning on here, i just stay in the shed mostly, especially days after a defeat the terrace is unbearable with the amount of p*** spouted.

at a game on the other hand is grim, it really is no longer fun going to a game, even when we were getting relegated it wasn't as bad as now. my reason for this is the liberal society we now live in. where in the past all these whingers would be dragged to the shops by the burd/wife on a saturday afternoon, leaving the real men to go to the match/bevvy and a good cackle thrown in. theres more women going to matches now and no disrespect to them i don't find them the problem, it's more them bringing their saps with them and the wifes/burds that don't go to matches not dragging their whining other halfs shopping but instead doing liberated thing's like zumba classes then a few bevvs with the girls. the other reason is the total lack of knowledge about fitba from most of the whingers, their full knowledge of the game is gleaned from a game console, the fact you can't have a kickabout in the street anymore doesn't help.

todays society stinks in many ways but this ranks up the top for me.

GIMMIE BACK MY SATURDAY WITH THE GUYS, please refrain from going to games you whingers PLEASE..............

Archived