SFA Chief & Celtic

kylelauren01

kylelauren01

In todays papers "Scottish Football Association chief executive Stewart Regan says he is sick of spending fortunes fighting legal battles with Celtic"

Here's a simple solution Mr Regan, withdraw their membership of the SFA, tell them that they are not welcome - end of problem...

mahgrassyshoes

They could also start actually start fining them money for bringing the game into dispute, a la vlad, rather than giving them paltry suspended fines to cover the legal costs.

The SFA have caused this themselves by not nipping it in the bud.

Mr Brightside

Why don't the SFA just tell Celtic that Lennon has to serve his ban consecutively.

I am sure FIFA or UEFA have it in their rules that a club can not take its association to court (sure I read this when Levein was in dispute about his comments in the press to Dougie McDonald), so Celtic an either accpet the ban or try and go to court and face the consequences from UEFA or FIFA.

gfa's own fault, :thumbsup: since Dougie McDonald they've been terrified from Celtic,Vlad said it for years but as usual he was the nutter from Lithuania.

the sad thing is that the motive for this latest ruse is simply to get one over on the establishment, not to stand up for their rights or even an overwhelming urge to get lennon back in the dugout faster. it's an exercise in trying to get it right up the SFA, the establishment, anti-celtic/irish/catholic people & generally the rest of humanity, and quite possibly the animal kingdom.

they have no qualms about the costs. monetary or otherwise.

the sad thing is that the motive for this latest ruse is simply to get one over on the establishment, not to stand up for their rights or even an overwhelming urge to get lennon back in the dugout faster. it's an exercise in trying to get it right up the SFA, the establishment, anti-celtic/irish/catholic people & generally the rest of humanity, and quite possibly the animal kingdom.

I thought it was cool to do that?

:teehee:

I thought it was cool to do that?

:teehee:

:teehee: very good.

you yourself are no doubt fully aware of the many many differences between our past troubles with officialdom and their catalogue of hysterical grievances.

still, good chance to get some sort of point over.

you yourself are no doubt fully aware of the many many differences between our past troubles with officialdom and their catalogue of hysterical grievances.

Er...I'd probably have to put a bit of work into gaining an awareness of it, tbph. But I'll take your word for it that there's a substantial amount of clear maroon water between our rumbles with the SFA and theirs.

Celtic and Rangers control the G.F.A

Hearts on the other hand would be made an example of.

Vlads fines an all that.

Why have Rangers and Celtic avoided fines I wonder.

grumpyjambo

In todays papers "Scottish Football Association chief executive Stewart Regan says he is sick of spending fortunes fighting legal battles with Celtic"

Here's a simple solution Mr Regan, withdraw their membership of the SFA, tell them that they are not welcome - end of problem...

it looks like Celtic are right re Lennon's ban and it will only be 5 games in the stand for him according to the rules.

Maybe the SFA should look at themselves sometimes to see where the blame really lies.

I do not normally back Celtic but I am on this one.

Well done Celtic.

Any Hearts fan who has a go at them for sticking it to the SFA is two faced in my opinion.

We all know that the SFA is inept at best and corrupt at worse, but when Hearts were at loggerheads with them we didn't have the press support to do anything. I want the SFA to be modernised and to do what they are meant to do, run the game for the benefit of all member clubs - not just the big 2 from Glasgow.

Get in a new broom at the SFA and sweep away all the OF loving blazers and have independent people running the game.

Hopefully the OF will get a surprise when the new SFA deals with them - they don't get it that they have been getting the breaks and the rest of Scottish football has been getting sh*fted.

Jam Tarts 1874

The SFA's rules and committees are a joke, they have no basis in law. Hearts should have been going to court to challenge them years ago.

Johanes de Silentio

Did this kind of thing happen when Billy McNiel was Celtic manager?

The problem is either with the attitude of modern players/coaches in general, or with the attitudes of ***** like Lennon in particular.

Of course, it doesn't help that our football authorities run scared of The Old Firm.

Colonel Kurtz

Celtics costs are not an issue,their QC does the work Pro Bono..or for a seat in the directors box.

I once told a TIm this in a boozer and he thought this meant that the singer from U2 picked up the tab.

BTW Celtics case is rock solid I have been told based on their rule book.

Seriously, how hard can it be to write a set of rules?

And how hard can it be to get a independent judiciary to make sure appeals are heard and dealt with?

Colonel Kurtz

The SFA's rules and committees are a joke, they have no basis in law. Hearts should have been going to court to challenge them years ago.

Correct..Levein would have won his case.

What should also be factored in is UEFA rules that member associations with ongoing legal action instigated by any of their member clubs ,will not be allowed o participate at all in any UEFA competitions.

Celtics costs are not an issue,their QC does the work Pro Bono..or for a seat in the directors box.

I once told a TIm this in a boozer and he thought this meant that the singer from U2 picked up the tab.

i wasn't talking about celtic's costs. it's the SFA - scottish football - that i'm on about.

celtic have no qualms about draining anyone else's resources. it's for our own good apparently.

kylelauren01

Hardly unexpected, a Celtic fan in a boozer would be unlikely to understand English far less Latin :whistling:

bean counter

Had Lennons first hearing not been delayed this would not be an issue he would have already served his first ban and would noe be serving a second 4 game ban.

Have any other managers had to serve consecutive bans ?

mahgrassyshoes

Had Lennons first hearing not been delayed this would not be an issue he would have already served his first ban and would noe be serving a second 4 game ban.

Have any other managers had to serve consecutive bans ?

Why on earth do celtic feel that it has to be stated in the rules that the bans will run consecutively not concurrently. Running the bans concurrently is essentially them just getting away with it. It's fecking ridiculous. Whatever happened to gentlemanly conduct and sportsmanship? Celtic are ruining football. Their behaviour and the manner they conduct themselves in embarrassing, disgusting and completely draining.

shaun.lawson

He's right y'know. :lol:

For the record, I thought most of the crap Vlad came out with was embarrassing and cringeworthy. That he's since shut up - even during the SPL refereeing saga before Xmas - is eternally to his credit. Similarly, I think the behaviour of Celtic FC right now defies belief. They genuinely seem to think they are above the law. :angry:

Johanes de Silentio

They genuinely seem to think they are above the law. :angry:

Given that 'the law' amounts to the SPL/SFA, who are more or less totally intimidated by The Old Firm, it could easily be argued that, in reality, they are above the law.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

The SFA is archaic and not even close to fit for purpose. But when any team (Hearts included) is as confrontational as Celtic have been recently (Lennon's behaviour all season, Reid claiming they've always been persecuted etc.) it destroys the soul of the game. The SFA should modernise itself so it's in a position to control Celtic and properly punish their detestable behaviour.

bean counter

Why on earth do celtic feel that it has to be stated in the rules that the bans will run consecutively not concurrently. Running the bans concurrently is essentially them just getting away with it. It's fecking ridiculous. Whatever happened to gentlemanly conduct and sportsmanship? Celtic are ruining football. Their behaviour and the manner they conduct themselves in embarrassing, disgusting and completely draining.

I agree with what you are saying while all clubs try to minimise the impact of bans and suspension they do so within the spirit of the rules. Celtic always seem to look to challenge the rules themselves.

It seems that every time anyone connected with that club is sanctioned they turn up with their QC

Sounds like spin from SFA. They know exactly who owns them, just spouting for the papers to pretend they're an independent entity.

alwaysthereinspirit

Given that 'the law' amounts to the SPL/SFA, who are more or less totally intimidated by The Old Firm, it could easily be argued that, in reality, they are above the law.

Agreed. Celtic are sticking it to the GFA in no uncertain terms and laying a nice little one way street for years to come.

The GFA will soon be defenceless against them.

southside1874

its a conspiracy :thumbsup:

He's right y'know. :lol:

For the record, I thought most of the crap Vlad came out with was embarrassing and cringeworthy. That he's since shut up - even during the SPL refereeing saga before Xmas - is eternally to his credit. Similarly, I think the behaviour of Celtic FC right now defies belief. They genuinely seem to think they are above the law. :angry:

legi did indeed have a slight point but i believe the behaviour of celtic is so far removed from anything we were involved in that the point becomes obsolete in a way.

they are so utterly despicable i truly believe that objectivity in these matters should take second place to simply detesting celtic, in every conceivable way.

grumpyjambo

Happens all the the time in the courts.

legi did indeed have a slight point but i believe the behaviour of celtic is so far removed from anything we were involved in that the point becomes obsolete in a way.

they are so utterly despicable i truly believe that objectivity in these matters should take second place to simply detesting celtic, in every conceivable way.

Hmmm.

Corrupt SFA officials are in cahoots to stop us winning things ? our players are being sent off for nothing ? the establishment is out to get us ? we get treated differently from everyone else ... the media are against us ? this backward country hates our ?otherness?? there is no problem with our club?s internal discipline ? they don?t like it when we speak out and tell it how it is ?

Glasgow Sellik paranoia 2010-11 or Hearts/Kickback paranoia during the Great Shambles?

You choose.

Hmmm.

Corrupt SFA officials are in cahoots to stop us winning things ? our players are being sent off for nothing ? the establishment is out to get us ? we get treated differently from everyone else ... the media are against us ? this backward country hates our ?otherness?? there is no problem with our club?s internal discipline ? they don?t like it when we speak out and tell it how it is ?

Glasgow Sellik paranoia 2010-11 or Hearts/Kickback paranoia during the Great Shambles?

You choose.

you're a right clever chap legi. surely you haven't inexplicably mistaken some internet football fans as the official voice of hearts.

on an official basis, the club (romanov) did say some things about being harshly treated and some other stuff about 'the mafia/show business'. there certainly wasn't anything about being treated differently from everyone else or a backwards country hating our otherness. some of your list can only be attributed to internet sites like this.

celtic on the other hand have caused no end of trouble. in fact too many different instances to list here. they have behaved horrendously at times and are still engaged in their own bitter feud against a foe who they still perceive as completely out to get them... when in fact they have been very much treated with a light touch.

if celtic wanted peace to break out then they would find some humility and allow the ongoing feud to fizzle out. they don't though... they want to keep on pushing it because it acts as a nice little ethos feeding device for their lunatic fans to buy into.

fighting the fight against establishment tyranny. the celtic struggle goes on.

you're a right clever chap legi. surely you haven't inexplicably mistaken some internet football fans as the official voice of hearts.

on an official basis, the club (romanov) did say some things about being harshly treated and some other stuff about 'the mafia/show business'. there certainly wasn't anything about being treated differently from everyone else or a backwards country hating our otherness. some of your list can only be attributed to internet sites like this.

celtic on the other hand have caused no end of trouble. in fact too many different instances to list here. they have behaved horrendously at times and are still engaged in their own bitter feud against a foe who they still perceive as completely out to get them... when in fact they have been very much treated with a light touch.

if celtic wanted peace to break out then they would find some humility and allow the ongoing feud to fizzle out. they don't though... they want to keep on pushing it because it acts as a nice little ethos feeding device for their lunatic fans to buy into.

fighting the fight against establishment tyranny. the celtic struggle goes on.

Fair dos and good post. I must admit to having had thoughts in recent times about certain similarities between our attitude and Celtic's, both official and unofficial, though.

Could it be a marriage made in heaven?

:D

Not quite right, Celtic rely on exactly this kind of anti-establishment plastic paddy pish to get their thick Scottish weegie supporters through the turnstiles. Deedily deedily music + persecution complex + sentimental love for the ould country (who hate them anyway) =... cash. Kerrching! It's all about the Benjamins.

Fair dos and good post. I must admit to having had thoughts in recent times about certain similarities between our attitude and Celtic's, both official and unofficial, though.

Could it be a marriage made in heaven?

:D

:lol: ha ha. i think i was just about a little bit sick.

when do we play them in the testimonial?

Well done Celtic.

Any Hearts fan who has a go at them for sticking it to the SFA is two faced in my opinion.

We all know that the SFA is inept at best and corrupt at worse, but when Hearts were at loggerheads with them we didn't have the press support to do anything. I want the SFA to be modernised and to do what they are meant to do, run the game for the benefit of all member clubs - not just the big 2 from Glasgow.

Get in a new broom at the SFA and sweep away all the OF loving blazers and have independent people running the game.

Hopefully the OF will get a surprise when the new SFA deals with them - they don't get it that they have been getting the breaks and the rest of Scottish football has been getting sh*fted.

I would never say "well done Celtic" :blink:

But the rest I pretty much agree with. :thumb:

Archived