players out, possible players in

kamac1

Rudi skacel worthy of his contract extension clause

ian black deserves a new contract

scott robinson give him a new contract but keep him hungry,

and incidentally Gordon Smith has not yet been approached by hearts to extend his current contract,

hopefully there are no more 5 year deals for our youth players unless it is fully deserved

far too much money has been squandered on this policy since the 2005/2006 season. Frail and McGlynn probably the main culprits?

other players out of contract are

ismael bouzid

ruben palazuelos

dawid kucharskas

jamie mole

ryan stevenson

and janos balogh contract expires mid january 2012

Players out of contract this summer

Kilmarnock players

Mehdi Taouil tidy player but a lack of goals

Jamie Hamill high scoring mid-fielder

Frazer Wright decent back up for Zal and Webster

St. Johnstone

Liam Craig edinburgh born but raised in Duns? left back or left mid. He could provide cover for lee Wallace, and a much cheaper option than Ruben

Dundee United

Prince Buaben decent mid-fielder and only 22 years old

Gomis another good mid-fielder but Buaben appears to be getting more games than him for utd. recently

Motherwell

John Sutton back up for kk or someone to give him competition

I.C.T

Adam Rooney (same agent as Aidan McGeadey, a german)

St. Mirren

Michael Higdon plenty goals, can be a nuisance to defenders, but not pacey

and incidentally Gordon Smith has not yet been approached by hearts to extend his current contract,

hopefully there are no more 5 year deals for our youth players unless it is fully deserved

far too much money has been squandered on this policy since the 2005/2006 season. Frail and McGlynn probably the main culprits?

ismael bouzid

ruben palazuelos

dawid kucharskas

jamie mole

ryan stevenson

Players out of contract this summer

Kilmarnock players

Mehdi Taouil tidy player but a lack of goals

Jamie Hamill high scoring mid-fielder

Frazer Wright decent back up for Zal and Webster

St. Johnstone

Liam Craig edinburgh born but raised in Duns? left back or left mid. He could provide cover for lee Wallace, and a much cheaper option than Ruben

Dundee United

Prince Buaben decent mid-fielder and only 22 years old

Gomis another good mid-fielder but Buaben appears to be getting more games than him for utd. recently

Motherwell

John Sutton back up for kk or someone to give him competition

I.C.T

Adam Rooney (same agent as Aidan McGeadey, a german)

St. Mirren

Michael Higdon plenty goals, can be a nuisance to defenders, but not pacey

dunno about his contract but I really rate Murray davidson at St J too, great engine, tough and gets on the end of things too!

Jamboscanbevicius

Would happily swap:

Taouil - Stevenson

Buaben/Gomis - Palazuelos

Diamond - Bouzid

Sutton - Mole

Would also love to see Rooney, Bryson, Davidson but all would command fees so unlikely

Anatoly_Korobochka

Alexei Eremenko, Gregory Tade and Billy Mehmet, possibly a punt on the lad Bell from Dunfermline

Francis Albert

It seems to me delusional to imagine that bringing in players from other SPL also-ran clubs is going to be transformational. As this season has shown, organisation, teamwork, and attitude are all more significant factors.

Mickey Cameron

Alexei Eremenko, Gregory Tade and Billy Mehmet, possibly a punt on the lad Bell from Dunfermline

Gregory Tade is never capable of being a hearts player. Seen a bit of him at raith rovers, alot of friends raith fans.. hard worker but not hearts class.

Eremenko demands too high a fee.

Mehmet, think we could do a bit better.

not seen the laddy bell though.

I hope gordon smith does get his contract extended one of the top goal scorers in division one this season, don't forget his father was also a hearts centre forward who scored goals on a regular basis throughout his career. His brother was top goalscorer for raith rovers in division 2 a couple of years ago on loan from dundee utd. he was a promising youngster who started at leeds utd then went on to sunderland, currently on a one year deal with notts. county

only concern with Gordon Smith is that he has picked up about 8 yellow cards this season

It seems to me delusional to imagine that bringing in players from other SPL also-ran clubs is going to be transformational. As this season has shown, organisation, teamwork, and attitude are all more significant factors.

What about McCann, Cameron, Weir and Fulton?

Taking the best out of contract or nearing the end of their contract / low fee players from other Scottish clubs with a few well placed foreign signings and the best from the academy are the only way for us to go. We're really lacking in quality in centre midfield, right back and centre forward right now. If these gaping holes in our squad are addressed and filled with sufficient quality, the old firm are ahead of us, but not by the light years they once were. It's a long shot but it's the only shot we have.

JamboAberdeen

ian black's contract runs out last day of june

No, 3 years deal signed in 2009 so run out June 2012.

My link

ismael bouzid

ruben palazuelos

dawid kucharskas

jamie mole

ryan stevenson

wasn,t frail or mglynn , vlad wanted yung un,s tied for longer on contracts for future....this from young rodney were ever he is now .. :verymad:

Bringing in players from other Scottish clubs like Levein (Cowdenbeath), Webster (Arbroath), Hartley (St J), Cameron (Raith), Templeton (Stenny), McKinlay (Dundee), Weir (Falkirk), McCann (Dundee), Fulton (Falkirk), has been a decent approach in the past and will probably stay decent into the future.

I think you're being a bit unfair to players from other teams.

Bert Le Clos

All things you would expect the best players from teams lower in the leagues to have.

These things are key when you are playing in a team with less talented footballers.

Francis Albert

Bringing in players from other Scottish clubs like Levein (Cowdenbeath), Webster (Arbroath), Hartley (St J), Cameron (Raith), Templeton (Stenny), McKinlay (Dundee), Weir (Falkirk), McCann (Dundee), Fulton (Falkirk), has been a decent approach in the past and will probably stay decent into the future.

I think you're being a bit unfair to players from other teams.

Sorry. You and others are right. I should have added the words "in itself". You could have added the cream of non-OF talent to our team in recent weeks and with same levels of organisation, team work and attitude the outcome would not have differed much if at all. Similarly if you'd done the same to the team that took 31 points out of 33 (without Wallace and Driver).

Id rather stick used needles in my eyes than see that fud zander diamond in a hearts top. Would love bauben and gomis tho

SanliHearts

Id rather stick used needles in my eyes than see that fud zander diamond in a hearts top. Would love bauben and gomis tho

haha! agreed, was good few years back has nothing to offer now

Sorry. You and others are right. I should have added the words "in itself". You could have added the cream of non-OF talent to our team in recent weeks and with same levels of organisation, team work and attitude the outcome would not have differed much if at all. Similarly if you'd done the same to the team that took 31 points out of 33 (without Wallace and Driver).

I agree that we need to keep the levels of team work and the right levels of aggression going if we want to win games.

It's not just this team, if you remember we had a team with players like McLaren, Levein, McPherson, McKinlay, Robertson, Colquhoun, Smith, Bannon (all of whom can be remembered as "legends") and we still struggled against teams like Airdrie or Hamilton when we weren't organised or didnt have the right attitude.

Johanes de Silentio

Yes he has.

I'd be happy with bringing in someone like Liam Craig.

Good left peg, isn't shy in the tackle and can score goals too.

I'd be happy with bringing in someone like Liam Craig.

Good left peg, isn't shy in the tackle and can score goals too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

get zander diamond on a pre contract asap next captain of hearts and scotland

what about ian nurray frae edinburghs 3rd team might be worth a shout at rb :whistling:

Johanes de Silentio

The kind of players who have signed for us from other Scottish clubs and done well for us have been guys like David Weir, Jim Hamilton, Neil McCann, Colin Cameron, Kevin Kyle, etc - players who were obvious stand-outs for their clubs.

While guys like Murray Davidson, Liam Craig, Frazer Wright, Craig Bryson, and the like are decent players, I don't reckon they are obvious regular stand-outs.

Guys like Taoull, (sp) Baubin, Gomis, or even Rooney? Maybe, but I'm not convinced, tbh.

Every time you sign a player, it's a risk, of course.

As long as we can get the best we can afford, I'm usually happy. :thumbsup:

While guys like Murray Davidson, Liam Craig, Frazer Wright, Craig Bryson, and the like are decent players, I don't reckon they are obvious regular stand-outs.

Guys like Taoull, (sp) Baubin, Gomis, or even Rooney? Maybe, but I'm not convinced, tbh.

With maybe two exceptions, I firmly believe every one of them would be an improvement on what we have right now.

Johanes de Silentio

With maybe two exceptions, I firmly believe every one of them would be an improvement on what we have right now.

Certainly need some creativity in midfield - can we stop signing defensive midfielders, please?

• 1 month later...

Murray Davidson is going to the premiership this summer - most likely Bolton for ?1million (including add ons) but others are interested. I cannot see us competing with that for him, but he is clearly good enough.

Hearts of Vladland

Certainly need some creativity in midfield - can we stop signing defensive midfielders, please?

We need to get the ball from defence to attack with punting it; so we need a player that is comfortable on the ball to play just infront of the defence to take the ball off the defenders and either play it out wide or to attackers, Charlie Adam is exactly what we need but obviously out of our range. Buying a good attacking midfielder would be pointless without anyone able to play the ball to him.

No, 3 years deal signed in 2009 so run out June 2012.

My link

Mores the pity........... he is pretty limited and I am sure we could do better with the wealth of players available during the summer, personally I would ditch him

hearts_crazy

----------------------------------------------------------------------

get zander diamond on a pre contract asap next captain of hearts and scotland

what about ian nurray frae edinburghs 3rd team might be worth a shout at rb :whistling:

I'd rather chop my own ****** off

Archived