Jefreez has know plan B ZOMG!111!one

Snake Plissken

The problem with 'tactics' is that they are only as good as the players you have at your disposal.

If the players don't/can't do as they are asked then the whole thing breaks down - how often do you see JJ and BB telling the defence to push up whilst the defenders fall back deeper and deeper?

If your 1st 11 players are injured/suspended and the players brought in aren't good enough the whole thing breaks down.

If, whilst under pressure, the players start to panic and can't retain the ball the whole thing breaks down.

If your tactic is to play it long, win the ball in the air and play off the scraps/flick ons etc, but your target man doesn't even try to challenge for headers the the whole thing breaks down.

I am more than prepared to give JJ at least another 2 transfer windows to clear out the players we know are not good enough and bring in his own replacements before i start criticising his tactics.

• 4 months later...

Lots of examples of when Plan B worked....does this mean on all of those occasions he got Plan A totally wrong? Just a thought.... :whistling:

Walter Bishop

This deserved a wee bump seen as the JJ no plan B pish popped up again.

Yeah because Plan A was play with Kyle and Plan B was we dont know how to play without Kyle.

yes it's a fair point.

file it in the 'honking chat' file miss perkins.

This best sums up the plan b nonsense.

troll.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1191188154156

Aye very good.

Someones a little embarrassed a thread has popped up showing how much brutal chat they have been spouting.

Get over it. It's not like we didn't already know.

Jam Tarts 1874

This deserved a wee bump seen as the JJ no plan B pish popped up again.

It's pretty clear from the FACTS that Jefferies did not know how to put a winning team on the park without Kyle in it.

The problem is that we're still using the same tactics that we were when Kyle was in the side. We've stuck with the single striker, who has been left totally isolated in the last few matches. Playing the same long balls up fron the full-backs, even though our striker isn't winning them and we're not picking up the second balls. Our wingers can't get involved in play because there's nobody willing to play the one two passes with them to get them forward, there's just no support for our attack in general.

Of course we've had injuries that've really hurt us, but when that happens you change the game plan. You have mentioned the away game at Killie, we came back from 1-0 down there when we changed the plan. Glen and Elliott upfront had far more drive and in the end it paid off. The last few matches we have reverted to the same system that has looked utterly futile without a dominant target man striker.

Against Aberdeen, we were lucky to walk away with anything, given the number of chances they created. At home to Killie we failed to adapt once again, they had a number of breaks on us where they could've torn us apart had they shown a little more composure in finding that final pass/finish on the many breaks where they outnumbered us, we could've been out of it by half-time. We lose two slack goals and still, we fail to change the system and keep playing like we would if Kyle was there.

Last night was just frustrating, it's not just that we're losing, it's that we're not creating the chances we have been this season. The formation doesn't work with the players we currently have. People are annoyed because we've failed to change and adapt to our current situation.

Jefferies failed to make meaningful changes to counter Kilmarnock's gameplan, we couldn't create any real chances against ten men and the fans were rightfully frustrated. Last night his team selection was poor and we didn't play to our strengths and in the end we lost another two sloppy goals.

What would I have done? I'd have changed our system, as you'll agree we looked the best we have for some time away to Killie. So I'd have gone with that and started playing two upfront to try and create a more penetrative attack where our forwards have the support that they've been dying for.

:spoton:

Been seeing a lot of this 'JJ has no plan B' chat of late.

Now as I understand it, a Plan B is something to go to when the original plan is not working, yes? Well slap me sideways and call me a coconut but hasn't Jefferies made changes that have have won us the game? Here's a couple of recent examples:

January 1st 2011

Hearts finding it difficult to break down Hibs, JJ brings on Novikovas who sets up the winner.

January 19th 20011

Hearts trailing to Kilmarnock, brings on Steven Elliott who scores twice.

I'm sure if I dug further I could find several others.

Do these not count? I'm sure I can think of a couple of others if I delved deeper but there's two examples in the last two months of a so-called plan B. After a couple of crap results in what has been a very decent season I'm seeing all sorts of criticism and precious little in the way of alternative suggestions. The goal Dundee United scored was in the last 10 minutes of the game, not exactly a great deal of time to deploy a plan B, is there?

So riddle me this knee-jerkers, what tactics would YOU have employed last night that would have certainly succeeded in less than ten minutes?

I'm not saying JJ is perfect or excusing a disappointing run of form, I'm just dismayed at how quickly one of the best runs I've seen has been dismissed after a couple of bad performances from a squad that has it's fair share of injuries and is lacking in certain areas. So aye, have a moan but at least engage your brain a bit first, eh?

We'll beat St Mirren comfortably on Saturday and seal third place, at last the team seems to be going in the right direction and with a couple of good signings next season could be very good indeed.

While being pummelled by the Currants he changes to a flat 4-4-2 and we nab a winner......no coincidence it came from our best spell in the game at the time.

Archived