One positive from tonight

bighusref

I was saying this weeks ago,to the disgust of many!

I also said so a few weeks ago. Only four weeks away. :)

Flights booked weeks ago (Didnt realise it was a cup weekend until a couple of days ago) away to sort a hotel now.

:pleasing:

slashishere

Sorry guys, I'm having a senior moment.

Why are we pleased about Celtic's win again ?

It means we have a proper Saturday away trip to Inverness, overnighter etc instead of crappy midweek game.

It means we have a proper Saturday away trip to Inverness, overnighter etc instead of crappy midweek game.

heartsfc_fan

It also means that Celtic are through to the next round of the cup. If they win it, and we come 3rd then we will enter the europa league a round later. The cup winners usually get a europa league spot, but if Celtic win it (assuming they will come 1st or 2nd in the league) then they will give the 3rd placed team in the SPL entry to a later round.

I'm pretty sure that's correct anyway

That's it.

I booked accomodation in February but as soon as I found out about the possible issue with it being moved, I stalled on buying train tickets. Given they have now been dispatched out the cup, I will book train tickets on Saturday.

I do like a wee trip to ICT. :)

scottish_chicP

Very happy. It's been a while since I've been to Inverness. Looking forward to a good trip :)

Clerry Jambo

It also means that Celtic are through to the next round of the cup. If they win it, and we come 3rd then we will enter the europa league a round later. The cup winners usually get a europa league spot, but if Celtic win it (assuming they will come 1st or 2nd in the league) then they will give the 3rd placed team in the SPL entry to a later round.

I'm pretty sure that's correct anyway

I asked this question a few weeks back mate but no-one answered it.

What if Celtic win the Cup and the league, would the cup runners up not get into the later round than us.

I thought the best scenario for us was Huns to win league and Celtic to win the cup?

Will gladly be corrected

Goldstone Wonder

The best news of all is that I needed Celtic to win last night to win the weekly office fixed odds. ?87 won*

* Insert KK "YAS!" picture here.

What if Celtic win the Cup and the league, would the cup runners up not get into the later round than us.

I thought the best scenario for us was Huns to win league and Celtic to win the cup?

Will gladly be corrected

Im sure (Although could be corrected) Europa qualification via cup runners up has been done away with now, even if the winners have already qualified for the CL or Europa by their league position. So for a team finishing 3rd in the league and the league winners winning the cup then it means 3rd enter at a later stage. In other words League position takes priority over Cup runners up. If that makes sense.

shaun.lawson

Will gladly be corrected

Nope. The Cup runners-up enter earlier than any of the other qualifiers in that scenario.

shaun.lawson

Im sure (Although could be corrected) Europa qualification via cup runners up has been done away with now, even if the winners have already qualified for the CL or Europa by their league position. So for a team finishing 3rd in the league and the league winners winning the cup then it means 3rd enter at a later stage. In other words League position takes priority over Cup runners up. If that makes sense.

It's not - but the Cup runners-up only qualify if the Cup winners also qualify for the CL. Nothing the SFA can do about this: it's a UEFA regulation.

But in cases of the above, league position does take priority over Cup runners-up, in terms of in what qualifying round a team enters the Europa League. Basically, in the event of the Cup winners also qualifying for the CL, the runners-up are treated as the final qualifiers from the league.

scottish_chicP

I'm going to get absolutely spangled.

Is that not the point of the Inverness trip!? :whistling:

Nah, you're alright. ;)

Less of your lip.

Is that not the point of the Inverness trip!? :whistling:

If I can remember it, it didn't happen.

Archived