We are third don't you know?

Gambo

Yippeeee we are 3rd.

We are 3rd in the league and because of that we should not expect to beat (or have a shot on target) a team who have had to squeeze in so many games on a heavy pitch that they don't even train between matches.

We are 3rd in the league that we should question no-one at the club when we lose easily at home to Kilmarnock.

Tell you what guys................................I AM QUESTIONING JJ.

Take away our unbeaten run we had a few weeks ago and his record in his second stint is poor.

His tactics are very poor, the insistance of 2 holding type midfielders does not work every game. The lone striker does not work...................the only semi decent footie we have played this year is when we went 2up front with Elliott/Glen away to Killie for the final part of the game.

His lack off a plan B is unforgivable

His substitutions are baffling.

His love in with some players has gone beyond a joke.

His love of talking up other teams and not his own is a joke.

His reluctance to introduce youths my not get him favour with VR.

This has gone beyond a 'knee jerk' reaction, the real knee jerk reaction was our during our unbeaten run, this type of performance has become the norm.

I like JJ but time for him to get his finger out.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

:laugh:

SACK JJ.

:facepalm:

gowestjambo

Yippeeee we are 3rd.

We are 3rd in the league and because of that we should not expect to beat (or have a shot on target) a team who have had to squeeze in so many games on a heavy pitch that they don't even train between matches.

We are 3rd in the league that we should question no-one at the club when we lose easily at home to Kilmarnock.

Take away our unbeaten run we had a few weeks ago and his record in his second stint is poor.

His tactics are very poor, the insistance of 2 holding type midfielders does not work every game. The lone striker does not work...................the only semi decent footie we have played this year is when we went 2up front with Elliott/Glen away to Killie for the final part of the game.

This has gone beyond a 'knee jerk' reaction, the real knee jerk reaction was our during our unbeaten run, this type of performance has become the norm.

Very difficult to fault what has been said above.......

Is that what you are saying?

Certainly not what i am saying.

What are you saying then pal?

'I AM QUESTIONING JJ'

'UNFORGIVABLE'

'GONE BEYOND A JOKE'

'RECORD IN HIS SECOND STINT IS POOR'

Hmmmm.

WTF, why take away the unbeaten run. HE was in charge for that. I'm willing to bet the passion is still there from JJ is it there from the players? Not recently

What are you saying then pal?

'I AM QUESTIONING JJ'

'UNFORGIVABLE'

'GONE BEYOND A JOKE'

'RECORD IN HIS SECOND STINT IS POOR'

Hmmmm.

What i am saying is that we can 'question*' JJ, some people think he is above questioning due to us being 3rd in the league.

*his tactics, his substitutions, his selections etc etc

hearts_crazy

Yippeeee we are 3rd.

Ridiculous statement, take away a run of 31 points out of 33 and his record is poor? Actually no it's not, take away that run and it's pretty average TBF, and still better than anyone since Burley.

We've lost 2 games in a row and suddenly JJ is shite, the team is shite, blah blah blah. And you think it's not a knee-jerk reaction.

We lost a game, we shouldn't have lost it, we shouldn't have won it either, but that's Football. Gutted we lost, gutted we played like we didn't give a ****, but you know what, i'm over it, as I say that's Football

St Midden next, we WILL win that one, of that I am sure, bad run and all.

Templeton'sUnderpants

Yippeeee we are 3rd.

I might be missing something here but correct me if I am wrong. The unbeaten run you speak of was the majority of the season. We have lost 4 games all season. JJ has been in charge this season. Bit of a rut at the moment but the man is doing a good job. That cannot be denied in my eyes.

gowestjambo

Take away Sir Alex Ferguson's medals and he's a shit manager.

And taking away Jim Jeffries medals makes him what then.....

Hey JJ ain't perfect or he would be running Man U Gambo. You could turn it round and look at the fairly abject performance tonight and congratulate JJ for getting so much out of the players who were quite happy to turn in these performances regularly under Csaba.

We are still short in 2/3 key positions, further weakened due to injury.

Sure, I'm well hacked off after that showing tonight but I wouldn't swap this season for the Csaba grind to 3rd place put it that way. :-)

Only a Game

I might be missing something here but correct me if I am wrong. The unbeaten run you speak of was the majority of the season. We have lost 4 games all season. JJ has been in charge this season. Bit of a rut at the moment but the man is doing a good job. That cannot be denied in my eyes.

I'll correct you because you are wrong. We've lost 10 games this season.

gowestjambo

Hey JJ ain't perfect or he would be running Man U Gambo. You could turn it round and look at the fairly abject performance tonight and congratulate JJ for getting so much out of the players who were quite happy to turn in these performances regularly under Csaba.

We are still short in 2/3 key positions, further weakened due to injury.

Sure, I'm well hacked off after that showing tonight but I wouldn't swap this season for the Csaba grind to 3rd place put it that way. :-)

I think the performances are not that much different now.........

Ridiculous statement, take away a run of 31 points out of 33 and his record is poor? Actually no it's not, take away that run and it's pretty average TBF, and still better than anyone since Burley.

We've lost 2 games in a row and suddenly JJ is shite, the team is shite, blah blah blah. And you think it's not a knee-jerk reaction.

We lost a game, we shouldn't have lost it, we shouldn't have won it either, but that's Football. Gutted we lost, gutted we played like we didn't give a ****, but you know what, i'm over it, as I say that's Football

St Midden next, we WILL win that one, of that I am sure, bad run and all.

TBH mate, Old firm away excepted, i expect Hearts to win all games, but this season we have had draws at home to St.J and ICT and defeats from Killie(x2), M'Well, St.J in the cup.

We have hardly been in the opposition half in our last 4 away games, Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and Utd, and folk think this is great because we went on a wee run and are 3rd.

Yes we have had some good results this season (dont get me wrong, this game is all about results) but i still think we could be playing better and achieving the same results(if not better) if JJ actually had a go in games.

I'll happily take 3rd (would rather we were still challenging a poor poor old firm for 1st /2nd place) with piss poor performances but that should not prevent me for wanting/expecting better.

I will ask, do you think JJ has done the best he can this season or do you think we could maybe have done a bit better (like old firm away, the dropped points at home and actually taking the game to the opposition)?

Sterling Archer

If you're going to take away his best few games you need to take away the worst ones as well.

After doing that I'd suggest he's doing a pretty good job.

Templeton'sUnderpants

I'll correct you because you are wrong. We've lost 10 games this season.

That was meant to be 7 but guess I was wrong either way so fair enough. Didn't think it was that many.

Only a Game

That was meant to be 7 but guess I was wrong either way so fair enough. Didn't think it was that many.

8 in the league and two cup ties mate

We have played 32 games this season..........................9 off which we went on an unbeaten run if you include the cup, 11 unbeaten if you do not include cup. Whatever run you use i still think the unbeaten run was not the majority of games.

As has been pointed out we have been beaten 10 times this season (just short of 1 in 3).

We have not won in 14 games this season (only 4 of those have been v the OF)

Only a Game

If you're going to take away his best few games you need to take away the worst ones as well.

After doing that I'd suggest he's doing a pretty good job.

To be entirely fair, his current record is just below that of Valdas Ivanauskas, who had a better defence and a better squad overall for most of time he was here. Ivanuaskas wasnt particularly well thought of but has a cup win that no-one can take away from him.

None of the managers since then even come close to Jefferies record second time around (or first time around for that matter)

I think the concern is the depths to which we have plunged so quickly. The apparent chucking in of the towel when we were two points behind Rangers and some of the shocking performances and tactics since New year.

Where is that going to end is what most people are wondering. Something radical has to be done with the way we approach games just now and the way we are set up to play. We've lost the plot completely and we need to get the plot back PDQ. We've still got a cushion and a bit of breathing space, but fail to beat St Mirren and follow it up with a defeat at Easter Road and he's got to start seriously worrying.

Fail to finish third from here, god forbid, and he's a goner IMO.

Sterling Archer

To be entirely fair, his current record is just below that of Valdas Ivanauskas, who had a better defence and a better squad overall for most of time he was here. Ivanuaskas wasnt particularly well thought of but has a cup win that no-one can take away from him.

None of the managers since then even come close to Jefferies record second time around (or first time around for that matter)

I think the concern is the depths to which we have plunged so quickly. The apparent chucking in of the towel when we were two points behind Rangers and some of the shocking performances and tactics since New year.

Where is that going to end is what most people are wondering. Something radical has to be done with the way we approach games just now and the way we are set up to play. We've lost the plot completely and we need to get the plot back PDQ. We've still got a cushion and a bit of breathing space, but fail to beat St Mirren and follow it up with a defeat at Easter Road and he's got to start seriously worrying.

Fail to finish third from here and he's a goner IMO.

Interesting to know, I didn't have the numbers in front of me.

I realise it's obvious but if the halves of the season were switched we'd be delighted. I'm sure it was Arsene Wenger who said that it takes a long time to build confidence but a very short time to destroy it, it's quite obvious that's what happened.

As you say though there's really no excuse for the rapid decline.

:vrface:

Tell you what Gambo............................NOBODY CARES.

JJ has done a great job since coming back and I doubt he cares if some pleb is questioning him :verysmug:

The point of this thread was to ask(those that care) .............................

As Hearts fans, can we question a Hearts manager after two lacklusture defeats (on the back of some very lacklustre performances this year) to Dundee Utd away and Killie at home, games where we hardly threatened the opposition (as we have hardly done this year)................................or because we are 3rd, the managers choices/tactics cannot be questioned at all?

The point of this thread was to ask(those that care) .............................

As Hearts fans, can we question a Hearts manager after two lacklusture defeats (on the back of some very lacklustre performances this year) to Dundee Utd away and Killie at home, games where we hardly threatened the opposition (as we have hardly done this year)................................or because we are 3rd, the managers choices/tactics cannot be questioned at all?

Question away old boy but the fact that we are third means Jefferies clearly knows what he is doing :unsure:

It's the fact (we thought) we secured third early on. This was always going to happen when we got in that position before new year. Just read our managers articles to figure this out. it doesn't take and expert to work it out. JJ's in the prosses of undoing his fine work from the start of the season. Pull the finger out or Vlad will boot you out.

Jambof3tornado

I love it when people say we haven't a plan b. We haven't had a plan b in all my 38 years supporting Hearts!

gillsjambo29

Yippeeee we are 3rd.

take away theory of relativity and Einstein was hopless

take away hatrick in a final of a world cup and Geoff Hurst never acieved much in the game

Remove the telephone and who was Alexander Greme Bell Really?

yes that small insignificant unbeaten run. its almost as if you're skewing the criteria on which JJ should be judged....... or maybe its just me.

for the record we are third in the league at this stage in the season because we have been consistently better than the 9 teams below us. poor cup runs aside i don;t have a lot to critise the manager for.

At the start of the season if you'd told me we'd be 12 points clear in 3rd with 9 games to go I'd have been delighted.

If our amazing run was more spread out throughout the season, there would be no complaints.

No need to criticise JJ at the moment imo.

shaun.lawson

Gambo, bless him, just wants the very best for Heart of Midlothian Football Club. That isn't a crime. But sometimes, it motivates him to start wildly over the top threads, in tone if not so much in content - of which this is one.

Because it reads like he isn't merely constructively questioning JJ at all; but rather, slagging him. Above, Gambo said he expects Hearts to win every game bar away matches v the OF - which if we ever managed it, would give us 102 points every season; 106 if he expects draws in Glasgow! How very realistic... :blink: And in his desire for the very best, Gambo has slagged just about every Hearts manager I can ever recall - but strangely, even during the Darkness Years of August 2006-July 2008, never, ever the owner. :mellow:

What's going on right now is a squad which over-achieved dramatically to get to the position we were in in January has hit a bad patch. At every level of football, every single team has a bad spell at some point, and we're certainly no exception. If Kello hadn't saved United's last minute penalty at Tynecastle a few weeks ago, I'd be a little bit anxious - but he did, and I still think we sewed 3rd place up at that moment.

What's also going on is the squad is both tiring and losing motivation. Miles clear in 3rd, but simply not with the quality to challenge the top two, we've taken our eye of the ball mentally, for in my view essentially understandable reasons. JJ will be doing his damndest to re-focus the players - but it'll be hard for them to take him 100% seriously unless United or Killie really close in.

It's football. We're not Barcelona, we're not Real Madrid; sometimes we have poor runs of form, sometimes we lose football matches. But a team's fortunes are decided over a whole season - and in terms of 3rd place, the massive cushion we built up through a brilliant run which Gambo apparently wants to pretend never happened is now protecting us. Before a ball was kicked, practically every one of us on here would've taken third place if offered to us - and 3rd place is still what we're heading for, comfortably. Then come the summer, JJ can continue his rebuilding of the squad, shipping out a few and bringing in a few. The job he's doing is very good; it doesn't merit threads like this.

Drylaw Hearts

The biggest reason behind our 2011 slump is clearly down to the fact we did not sign another striker in January.

Who's to blame for that ?

I suspect JJ will have wanted a striker and I suspect he was offered a few but we either had no funds available (which is fair enough) or VR wanted us to give the Lithuanian striker a chance.

Other reasons :

Zaliukas has not looked as comfy with Webster beside him and is rapidly going backwards at an alarming rate.

We don't have a proper Right Back. This has to be on the list for the next TW.

Rudi Skacel and David Templetons poor form.

WTF, why take away the unbeaten run. HE was in charge for that. I'm willing to bet the passion is still there from JJ is it there from the players? Not recently

Surely that is what makes a good manager, someone who can motivate players who think they have nothing to play for and be able to change tactics to win a game, not sure JJ has either.

Personally I think Killie's Chairman had it right and decided it was time for a change and JJ is just wanting an easy run up to his retirement.

The biggest reason behind our 2011 slump is clearly down to the fact we did not sign another striker in January.

I suspect JJ will have wanted a striker and I suspect he was offered a few but we either had no funds available (which is fair enough) or VR wanted us to give the Lithuanian striker a chance.

Other reasons :

Zaliukas has not looked as comfy with Webster beside him and is rapidly going backwards at an alarming rate.

This is the main cause for me.

Templeton was carrying us for the most part in our good run imo, was at the heart of everything that we did well.

We were far too reliant on him and with him bang out of form the rest of the team is being shown up as very, very mediocre.

Still not panic stations. But would prefer we weren't this shit as we all know the paps are champing at the bit to see us lose 3rd. If we do then Jj deserves the heave imo.

The Old Tolbooth

Other reasons :

It took 34 posts but DH finally nailed it for me, I agree with all of this.

We had a barrel load of confidence during our run, and as soon as Kyle was out injured, it slowly but surely seeped out of the side with Temps & Rudi the notable players who lost their form.

Jefferies has to take the blame for having no plan B, but we don't know if there were funds available at the time as he had already brought in TWO strikers.

I agree that his tactics can be baffling, and his substitutions are bewildering at times (like last night!!) and that when the chips are down, he hasn't a clue how to turn it around, which is what we're witnessing right now. If we don't beat St Mirren on Saturday then I can see it being very close for 3rd spot.

I think what's wrong is JJ is now trying to play safe negative football just to try and get us across the finishing line in 3rd.The problem is though it just isn't working.Injuries an suspensions ain't helping and I refuse to believe that we are poor just because Kyle ain't available.Things need to change some freshness perhaps with Robinson and Pyrochenko(sp) brought into the fold but of course it won't happen because JJ is only seeing tried and tested method of grinding out a result.

hearts_crazy

I'm intrigued to know exactly what some of you think this ellusive 'Plan B' should entail.

Look at what we had on the bench last night, the Donkey Obua, an out of form Driver, an out of form Skacel, a largely untried Robinson, a distinctly ordinary J Thompson and Gary ******* Glen

So what is plan B, bring them all on and take nobody off?

Also FWIW JJ DID try a plan B and a plan C, neither of which bore fruit, and TBH i'm not in the least bit surprised. For anyone that missed it, plan B was bringing Gary Glen on for Stephen Elliott, who had done the cube root of **** all, all game, plan C was after we went 1-0 down and that was to bring on a big 'target man', i.e. the brilliant David Obua. Neither plan was ever going to work but as the old saying goes you can only piss with the ****** you've got.

Like it or not Dundee Utd are a good team, so are Killie, luckily outwith the Old Firm all the other teams in Scotland are shite, so we don't normally require a plan B, and until we get a full squad of players to choose from, including quality on the bench then JJs hands are tied, he just has to hope that some of our out of form players find their form.

Yippeeee we are 3rd.

wtf? You have opened my eyes mate to how you think. Thought you were a reasonable guy. That is utter crap talk.

Oh and just having flashbacks to 06/07.

We're 2nd in the league - everything is fine. Stop moaning.

We're 3rd in the league - everything is fine. Stop moaning.

We're 4th in the league - everything is fine. Stop moaning.

I wonder who that might've been.

Anybody who caught the United v Motherwell game at the weekend would surely have seen more football in 90 mins than we've produced since late 2010

I'm afraid that to me brings our lack of Quality PERFORMANCES into stark contrast.

:vrface:

Tell you what Gambo............................NOBODY CARES.

JJ has done a great job since coming back and I doubt he cares if some pleb is questioning him :verysmug:

PF...this is right up the usual suspects street. You can imagine them salivating at every Hearts defeat so they can stick the boot into Jefferies.

Quite sad. JJ has his faults but on the whole has been good for Hearts and all im interested in is seeing my team win , whoever is in charge. The usual suspects show their colurs that much its not impossible to think they actually want JJ to fail...if he does then Hearts do.

He took over the same team as csaba and immediately made them more attacking and dangerous...work harder and contribute individually. He even got Obua to have the odd good game upfront. But it all counts for nothing. His magic wand obviously isn`t working.

In one season he has at least "raised the bar" for following seasons and has taken us from the pish poor boredom of early last season to the position we are in now. Its about building and time but obviously some think he`s got magic dust he can sprinkle over some players who are simply not good enough.

rossthejambo

The run of form that we're on just now is disappointing, it's not the results that irk me (course they hurt) but the performances that really get on my wick.

Templeton, Skacel, Suso, Elliott. They all fed off Kyle's knock downs and passes. Without him we need to play a different way. There's no two ways about it.

Without Kyle we should just go 4-4-2. I put the team that I'd like to see on the match day thread but I'll put it on here as well.

Kello

C Thomson

Webster

Zaliukas

Wallace

Templeton

Black

Palazuelos

Skacel/Driver

Elliott

Glen

The best we've played without Kyle was in the 2nd half at Rugby Park when we played Elliott and Glen up front, yet we've not done it since. Why?

I genuinely think things need to be shaken up somehow, bring Prychynenko or Robinson into the team and tell them to show us what they can do in the team and play it on the bloody deck. Absolutely nothing to be gained lumping the ball up to Elliott, he's not going to win headers against big centre halfs, it's not his game.

JJ needs to shoulder the blame for this IMO, stubborness generally doesn't work in football.

PF...this is right up the usual suspects street. You can imagine them salivating at every Hearts defeat so they can stick the boot into Jefferies.

Quite sad. JJ has his faults but on the whole has been good for Hearts and all im interested in is seeing my team win , whoever is in charge. The usual suspects show their colurs that much its not impossible to think they actually want JJ to fail...if he does then Hearts do.

He took over the same team as csaba and immediately made them more attacking and dangerous...work harder and contribute individually. He even got Obua to have the odd good game upfront. But it all counts for nothing. His magic wand obviously isn`t working.

In one season he has at least "raised the bar" for following seasons and has taken us from the pish poor boredom of early last season to the position we are in now. Its about building and time but obviously some think he`s got magic dust he can sprinkle over some players who are simply not good enough.

Finaly you agree, JJ has his faults, even although you admit this, you think these faults cannot be questioned because we have improved from last seaon and are third?

At the end of the season i will like everyone else and be delighted to finish third (will be disappointed that we did not push harder for higher), but that does not mean i cannot question the managers decisions after poor performances/results.

It was JJs hope / belief that MAYBE we would go on a run following another HOME defeat by Killie.........is that PLAN B then ?

Finaly you agree, JJ has his faults, even although you admit this, you think these faults cannot be questioned because we have improved from last seaon and are third?

At the end of the season i will like everyone else and be delighted to finish third (will be disappointed that we did not push harder for higher), but that does not mean i cannot question the managers decisions after poor performances/results.

Never said you couldn`t but on another post you want to take this and that out someones record to make them look bad? Doesn`t he deserve praise when things are good?

You can nit pick anyones record and dress it up to whatever, but his record is his record...its all in or nothing.

How lightly are the players getting off in all of this by the way?

We can go on about plan b/c/d as much as we want but if the fringe players who have had to come in recently don't have it in them to show they are good enough, what exactly can the management do about that?

How lightly are the players getting off in all of this by the way?

We can go on about plan b/c/d as much as we want but if the fringe players who have had to come in recently don't have it in them to show they are good enough, what exactly can the management do about that?

Correct, the players must take a long hard look at themselves, but it also must be noted thst it is the manager who continues to pick these same players week in week out.

Archived