Walter Kidd

jambodan

Adi Dassler

Makes sense that Der Hun wanted him shipped. He managed to upset Souness (with italian missus at the time) with this "traditional" views on life.

Who was it that allegedly gave Burns a tanking?

Walter was a complete cult ..... hero of mine

I am sure I cant be the only one who has one of these T's at home

Zico

GC

Absolutely this thumbsup.gif

Drylaw Hearts

Walter Kidd was a really shit footballer.

Those who think different need their heads read.

The Treasurer

Quell surprise!

Maybe it would do you the world of good to provide a list of Hearts players you like - if there are any that is.

I have a used postage stamp that DH could use for this.

Charlie-Brown

And yet only Gary Mackay, Robbo, Henry Smith, Cruickie, John Cummings & Alan Anderson have played more games for Hearts than Walter Kidd .... that's ever as in 135 years of history. If he was as bad as your trying to make out DH do you really think he would have played 462 first team games?

Real Hearts fans like and respect Walter Kidd, he was an important team player and a great captain.

Glamorgan Jambo

Real Hearts fans like and respect Walter Kidd, he was an important team player and a great captain.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kidd and Neilson debates will be around for as long as kickback is going,no matter how much arguing goes on you are either in the good or bad side.What I will post though is both are better than what we have now,both ended up as favourites of mine after poor starts to their Hearts careers.

Drylaw Hearts

And yet only Gary Mackay, Robbo, Henry Smith, Cruickie, John Cummings & Alan Anderson have played more games for Hearts than Walter Kidd .... that's ever as in 135 years of history. If he was as bad as your trying to make out DH do you really think he would have played 462 first team games?

I didn't like Walter Kidd CB.

:)

Charlie-Brown

I didn't like Walter Kidd CB.

:)

And yet you like Steven Pressley? who resorted to his chest thumping & macho antics at Celtic & Falkirk after he left Hearts, who played for Rangers, Coventry, Dundee Utd, Hearts, Celtic & Falkirk compared to a man who gave career-long service to Hearts and also coached at Tynie after he stopped playing. A real Hearts man and a real hard man compared to a kiddie on hard man that even makween stared out. :)

Drylaw Hearts

And yet you like Steven Pressley? who resorted to his chest thumping & macho antics at Celtic & Falkirk after he left Hearts, who played for Rangers, Coventry, Dundee Utd, Hearts, Celtic & Falkirk compared to a man who gave career-long service to Hearts and also coached at Tynie after he stopped playing. A real Hearts man and a real hard man compared to a kiddie on hard man that even makween stared out. :)

Elvis was a far better player for Hearts than Walter Kidd.

Fact.

He was also a better captain.

I couldn't care how much of a Hearts fan Walter Kidd was or even how tough he was - he was a really shit footballer.

Charlie-Brown

Elvis was a far better player for Hearts than Walter Kidd.

Fact.

He was also a better captain.

I couldn't care how much of a Hearts fan Walter Kidd was or even how tough he was - he was a really shit footballer.

Pressley is also quite far down the list of best centre-halves and captains of recent times imo....S.Jardine, Levein, McPherson, McLaren, Weir, Ritchie would all be ahead of him and as a footballer he couldn't lace the boots of the first 5 I listed.

Drylaw Hearts

Pressley is also quite far down the list of best centre-halves and captains of recent times imo....S.Jardine, Levein, McPherson, McLaren, Weir, Ritchie would all be ahead of him and as a footballer he couldn't lace the boots of the first 5 I listed.

But we aren't discussing the players on that list.

Couldn't agree more, Pressley maybe talked the talk but give me Kidd as captain any time, like I said on first thread he gave his all for us and would never be a Judas, he bled maroon !!

Drylaw Hearts

Couldn't agree more, Pressley maybe talked the talk but give me Kidd as captain any time, like I said on first thread he gave his all for us and would never be a Judas, he bled maroon !!

I bleed maroon - I'll dig out the Puma Kings, scrape off the mud and mould and get myself in the team Saturday.

Btw.........out of the Top 10 players I've seen play for Hearts in the last 25+ years very few have 'bled maroon'.

I bleed maroon - I'll dig out the Puma Kings, scrape off the mud and mould and get myself in the team Saturday.

Btw.........out of the Top 10 players I've seen play for Hearts in the last 25+ years very few have 'bled maroon'.

fair doos but i would rather have a Walter Kidd in my team than some gold digger who stays for 2 seasons at the most regardless how pretty their skills are.

Drylaw Hearts

fair doos but i would rather have a Walter Kidd in my team than some gold digger who stays for 2 seasons at the most regardless how pretty their skills are.

I'd rather have a player who was capable of winning more than the Tennants Sixes.

I liked Walter. To simply say 'he was shit' is complete insult and horribly dismissive to a guy who gave us years of dedicated service in a time of sweeping changes and vast improvements in the club's fortunes.

He was without doubt, limited in his technical ability but what a quiet, hard working skipper who led his team to a record-breaking unbeaten run in 1985/86. And what about Walter Kidd, European super star? The guy who completed the greatest off-side spring in history, out-foxing the entire Austria Vienna defence and going on to tee up Mike Golloway for the only goal of the tie.

During season 2007/08, as we lost successive home games to Motherwell, ICT and St Mirren, I remember thinking back to the good old days of the 1980s, old Tynecastle and a simpler, less-complicated Heart of Midlothian in which everyone gave their all. Walter Kidd immediately came to mind.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Spot on!

I'd rather have a player who was capable of winning more than the Tennants Sixes.

And i would rather have the team of 86 (that won the tennants sixes) than every team since.

Drylaw Hearts

And i would rather have the team of 86 (that won the tennants sixes) than every team since.

As much as I loved that team and that season.........

0,,10289~3604280,00.jpg

Perth to Paisley

Remember playing against him at Primary/Secondary school level where he was absolutely awesome. Another lad at his primary did 'okay'.....Eamonn Bannon.

Eamonn joined me at Liberton, Wattie got a bus to a less local school.

Still 'nod' to each other when we see each other.

Respect is due.

Remember playing against him at Primary/Secondary school level where he was absolutely awesome. Another lad at his primary did 'okay'.....Eamonn Bannon.

Eamonn joined me at Liberton, Wattie got a bus to a less local school.

Still 'nod' to each other when we see each other.

Respect is due.

The reason i started the thread was because my best school mate at school ( in 1977) nearly broke the world record getting to school one day to break the news that his cousin (zico) had signed for the JT's so i always watched and loved his passion for Hearts and thats why he's a legend in my book.

He was one of my heros as a youngster. I probably wasnt able to judge a players technical ability, but I could spot a player who gave 100%. A hero in my eyes !

Perth to Paisley

Strange but true.

Wattie/Zico was sitting in Section F yesterday with his son[?]/teenage lad.

I would have thought a former club captain wouldn't be in amongst the 'paying riff-raff' but maybe that says more about me than him!

When he went for 'eats' just before half time yesterday I hoped he was away to get his boots on to replace Obou!

Strange but true.

Wattie/Zico was sitting in Section F yesterday with his son[?]/teenage lad.

I would have thought a former club captain wouldn't be in amongst the 'paying riff-raff' but maybe that says more about me than him!

When he went for 'eats' just before half time yesterday I hoped he was away to get his boots on to replace Obou!

Zico was in the Merchi Hearts club prior to the game :thumbsup:

maybe but Zico always gave 100% and was a great servant to the club.

Victor Meldrew

I don't think anyone who played such an important part in that team of 1985-86 can be called 'shit'

OK, so Zico wasn't the most talented footballer in the World but he was a good solid RB, hard as nails, really committed to the team and a great leader.

Judged on what I saw yesterday, I'd have him in the side over Craig Thompson

Archived