Bouzid & Ruben out, Rudi staying?

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

According to this.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Talented-Mehdi-Taouil-fits-the.6734137.jp

"Besides aiming to recruit some new players, Hearts also have to decide which of their own out-of-contract players they would like to retain. Ismael Bouzid and Ruben Palazuelos look set to leave, but Rudi Skacel is likely to stay."

Fozzyonthefence

According to this.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Talented-Mehdi-Taouil-fits-the.6734137.jp

"Besides aiming to recruit some new players, Hearts also have to decide which of their own out-of-contract players they would like to retain. Ismael Bouzid and Ruben Palazuelos look set to leave, but Rudi Skacel is likely to stay."

Don't think we'd miss any of the 3 of them, maybe worth giving Rudi another season though but I don't expect much from him - not unless he gets some better quality midfielders to play beside.

Would be sorry to see Ruben leave, as I think he's our best central midfielder. However, many on here have speculated he's on a big wedge, so not overly surprised to read suggestions he's on his way out.

Charlie-Brown

As well as our reported interest in trying to sign Taouil given VR's comments today re-emphasising the importance of bringing through young players I suspect the likes of Prychynenko, Robinson & Gordon Smith could be additions to the first team squad for next season and JJ might not have as much scope for bringing in lots of new players as many would like or expect. I think we'll sign some new players but how many depends on who leaves and who gets kept on.

JamboAberdeen

Sad to see Ruben leaving, as he's been very useful squad player as well as the most composed midfielder, but his (reported) high wage may be stumbling block.

No tears will be shed for bouzid as we all know he has been crying for transfer to 'big clubs' anyway.

But I'm becoming bit sceptical if Rudi deserves another one year.

His first half season was great, but his form since the turn of the year has not lived up with expectation, and he'll be one of our higher earners for sure.

Snake Plissken

Sad to see Ruben leaving, as he's been very useful squad player as well as the most composed midfielder, but his (reported) high wage may be stumbling block.

No tears will be shed for bouzid as we all know he has been crying for transfer to 'big clubs' anyway.

His first half season was great, but his form since the turn of the year has not lived up with expectation, and he'll be one of our higher earners for sure.

Except he hasn't.

I'm not saying we should hold on to him but I am tired of seeing that myth surface over and over about Bouzid.

I'm not fussed to see Ruben go, doesn't offer much in his natural position though he makes a decent back-up left back.

Rudi I'd keep as he's a match-winner and can turn games with a single strike or incisive pass.

Except he hasn't.

I'm not saying we should hold on to him but I am tired of seeing that myth surface over and over about Bouzid.

Indeed. But if something is said enough times, it becomes FACT.

I don't think rudi is on that high a wage tbh. Also its a bit unfair to pinpoint him and his lack of form considering every single player (excluding Kello) has been pretty woeful since the start of the year.

Rudi is worth Atleast another season imo. Got the experience and if he plays like he did up until the start of the year then he's a match winner. Not to mention he can get the crowd going, all these things can help us have a decent season next year and hopefully a wee cup and Europe run. :thumbsup:

Radioactive Mince

Don't think we'd miss any of the 3 of them, maybe worth giving Rudi another season though but I don't expect much from him - not unless he gets some better quality midfielders to play beside.

Not unless he gives himself a massive foot up the arse, more like. He can be a match winner on his day, though, so I agree; one more season.

I'll be sorry to see Ruben go, but he's rumoured to be on big money. Think we could get similar for a wee bit less.

Bouzid's not as good as he thinks, however we'll struggle to replace him in my opinion. Webster hasn't proven his fitness and I really hope Zal stays another season or two. The thought of Diamond fills my throat with sick.

Anyone else likely to go this pre-season? Could do with offloading some of the shitey hangers-on I reckon.

Indeed. But if something is said enough times, it becomes FACT.

Aye, like Rudi only plays for half a year. I can see folk saying it again already :mellow:

Rudi has 9 of our 41 goals this season and now Taouil should replace him despite the fact he has only 5 goals in 103 games for Killie.

I'd prefer more Rudi's than Taouil's. We need goals to challenge the 'OF'.

Anyone thinking we should get rid of Rudi needs their head seeing too. A few average games and the fans turn so quickly on here. He has been our best player this season alongside Kello and Zal. Another year at least for Skacel. Hero!

Aye, like Rudi only plays for half a year. I can see folk saying it again already :mellow:

I don't think his performances were even that great in the first half of the season. It's a cliche to call him this but he really is a football enigma at Hearts. Generally he does very little but then all of a sudden will either score a goal or play a killer pass that will lead to one. IMO, that little bit of unpredictable, cutting edge is something we need. So unless we can replace that, I would like to see Rudi return next year.

Bouzid can go. Never really rated him although he deserves some credit for his performances during our great run. Definitely not as good as Webster though.

Palazuelos can go as well. I'd miss him more as a back-up left back than a centre midfielder. I've gone from one end of the spectrum to the other regarding Ruben's use in the centre of the park. I used to like him and admire his composure on the football but now I see that's pretty much all his has: his tackling is suspect, his strength is limited, he can't pick out a forward pass and his positioning is schizophrenic. He generally gravitates towards the area in front of the two centre halves been decides to go marauding at times when the opposition are on the attack; most of the time when it is completely unnecessary which can leave us exposed through the centre. Mrowiec is a much safer bet for that role.

Rudi has 9 of our 41 goals this season and now Taouil should replace him despite the fact he has only 5 goals in 103 games for Killie.

Who the hell said this? They need their head examined.

Drylaw Hearts

Anyone thinking we should get rid of Rudi needs their head seeing too. A few average games and the fans turn so quickly on here. He has been our best player this season alongside Kello and Zal. Another year at least for Skacel. Hero!

Utter nonsense.

I love Rudi but his performances since coming back have been pretty average imo and most games are just passing him by.

Get better players around Rudi and you will see the performances return as right now he is expected to do far too much.Rudi has always been a luxury player.

Rick Grimes

its staggering isn't it...

Utter nonsense.

I love Rudi but his performances since coming back have been pretty average imo and most games are just passing him by.

I know this may be a collector's item, DH, but I agree with you. I would also add that even during his good time here the 2nd half of the season was not that great.

That said, I think he, more than anyone else, has missed Kyle and also I think he had an injury a couple of months ago and was "forced" to play on because of other players being out.

heartsfc_fan

Out of the 3 Skacel is clearly the most talented, but he needs to try harder.

Bouzid leaving isn't a bit deal. Palazuelos will need to be replaced - Buaben from Dundee Utd perhaps?

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Billy Brown doesn't half talk a lot of pigswill. We need more 100% players apparently. All these 85% players are holding the club back you see. He then goes on to say that he and JJ want as many skillful players as possible but you can't have all skillful players. Weird

I was thinking this myself.

Might as well get rid of Temps too. He's not kicked a ball since Christmas.

Would be sorry to see Ruben leave, as I think he's our best central midfielder. However, many on here have speculated he's on a big wedge, so not overly surprised to read suggestions he's on his way out.

Agree he has done well for us this season especially filling in at Left Back when Wallace has been out but I believe he is one of our highest paid players so he may be the sacrificial lamb to allow some others to be brought in.

Drylaw Hearts

Works for me. Folk are being insanely short-sighted about Rudi given some of his performances this season. Lad's been carrying an injury for weeks but still has the quality to smash defences.

Ruben and Bouzid are good players but don't represent value for money. I think they'll move on and they do so with my best wishes. Decent players who never hid for Hearts.

Looking forward to the close season, it will be interesting I think. Not fireworks and huge signings, but very interesting.

'smashed defences' ???

When was the last time that happened injured or otherwise ?

I said quite early on that if Skacel wasn't contributing goals, he wasn't contributing very much at all.

He needs to up it considerably, still want another year out of him though.

Gods a Jambo

Except he hasn't.

I'm not fussed to see Ruben go, doesn't offer much in his natural position though he makes a decent back-up left back.

Rudi I'd keep as he's a match-winner and can turn games with a single strike or incisive pass.

I think you will find he has.

Bouzid was reported in Sunday newspapers as saying he may look to change clubs this summer. "God alone knows whether I will stay in Scotland next season," he said. "But it is certain that if I get an interesting offer from a bigger club, I won't hesitate for an instant to join them.

"I have ambition, as do all professional players. I received offers during the January transfer window, although I opted to continue with Hearts so as not to disrupt my rhythm.

"I am very happy where I am at the moment. I wanted a bit more stability in order to regain top form, and I don't regret staying put as I have been able to have a very good season. The best proof of that have been the comments made by my manager and the media, as if you play badly in Scotland they'll tell you straight."

I fully understand a player with ambition and Iam not niave enough to assume some undying loyalty, however if the player is asked a question like this he would be well advised to say he is happy where he is and will look at his options come the end of the season. He is total tom kite and I will be more than glad to see his go.

A lot of folk on here are forgetting that Rudi never really had a pre season under his belt - or not a JJ/BB pre-season anyway!

Let's face facts here, there is a lot of dead wood that can be moved on in the summer and it's financial suicide to pay guys ?5k p/w upwards who have shown that they are not head and shoulders above other players in the SPL. For that type of wage you need players who are close to OF level of performances week in week out.

For me Bouzid can be replaced with McGowan and Ruben can be replaced by a few youngsters.

This season has proved to me that we need a replacement left back for when Wallace is injured - surely we have a youngster who can do the job?

Yes, i can think of a good few others we should be looking to get out the door before Ruben, personally, i'd re-sign him, he does a decent job either in midfield or left-back (most times)anyway. Jamie Mole, David Witteveen (unless he's already gone, haven't heard anything about him for a while), Dawid Kucharski, Calum Elliot, Gary Glen, David Obua, Ismael Bouzid, Jamie MacDonald/Janos Balogh and a few players that have been here a while that haven't really made an impact (in the 1st team anyway. The money saved by booting them out could easily fund a new contract for Ruben with money to spare. They'd be mad to lose Skacel FFS! He's only just came back! And they better not waste money on the nighmare that is Diamond!! That freaks the hell out of me that one!

This thread doesn't half highlight how important Kyle is to Hearts. When the big man plays he needs serious watching and that gives Temps and Rudi time and space to do what they're best at.

Any criticism should perhaps be aimed at the management for not having a plan B?

I reckon Hearts will view Rudi a bit like Robbie Keane was at the 'Tic - a fan favourite who will pay for himself through merchandise revenues. He's a fan favourite and I think it'll drive up shirt sales with the kids. The young ones dinnae pay attention to the myth that he plays half a season - he's still the man.

Ruben - has not had an easy time of it being played regularly out of position. I think we'll last without him though.

Bouzid - Webster replaced him within 5mins of signing. His days as a 1st choice player may be done if Zal stays.

Bang on the money here.

I cant believe some of the comments creeping in the last few weeks about Rudi. Makes me think that some folk spend more time going to the bog than watching the game.

He is one of our top players by far and has the experience and intelligence to bring on the younger players.

Not to mention his goals and commitment.

rossthejambo

Except no-one's said this. People, myself included, said that he could provide a bit of competition for Rudi's role in the team as well as in the wide areas.

colinmaroon

For those who think Rudi is not worth keeping on "unless he pulls up his socks", when we were on our run, how many games did we rely on his exceptional goals for the points?

I would also argue that the clain that he's been "missing in action" is off the mark in more than a few games. He's covered a fair bit of the turf without anyone round about to help him out!

Billy Brown doesn't half talk a lot of pigswill. We need more 100% players apparently. All these 85% players are holding the club back you see. He then goes on to say that he and JJ want as many skillful players as possible but you can't have all skillful players. Weird

That, for me - in fact his whole statement, was aimed at the current squad and was thinly veiled criticism towards the current midfield. Just letting them know the last few weeks hasn't been good enough and that they need to prove their worth for the future.

Radioactive Mince

For those who think Rudi is not worth keeping on "unless he pulls up his socks", when we were on our run, how many games did we rely on his exceptional goals for the points?

I would also argue that the clain that he's been "missing in action" is off the mark in more than a few games. He's covered a fair bit of the turf without anyone round about to help him out!

He's been playing shit and been losing the heid, because he knows himself he's been playing shit. Factoid.

Still love him and want to keep, but he should either start playing better or cut out the petulance. I think his loss of form has coincided with Templeton's. They had a nice wee understanding when we were on our good run.

colinmaroon

He's been playing shit and been losing the heid, because he knows himself he's been playing shit. Factoid.

Still love him and want to keep, but he should either start playing better or cut out the petulance. I think his loss of form has coincided with Templeton's. They had a nice wee understanding when we were on our good run.

This is not just semantics but, I would prefer to say that things haven't been coming off for him and his frustration is obvious! Happens to the best! Confidence is crucial for every player but, even more so, for "flair" players.

Rudi has always been a player who contributes more by his doing the spectacular a few times than playing for 90 minutes.

If you analyse his earlier games and even back to his first stint, most (NB not all) of the games when he scored he did not do much else.

He definitely misses a striker who can hold the ball up and lay off with head and feet!

Arguably, his best position is playing just behind the striker(s). He's not a Paul Hartley!

Ryan Gosling

I also think it's telling all of his goals have been at Tynecastle.

I'd keep him purely to see how he got on next season with a full pre-season behind him, something I don't think he necessarily got under Burley or this season.

It has been great to have Rudi back this year. He's added more workrate this time to his game and has provided a calming influence in the midfield. Rarely gives the ball away and has been a big goalscorer for us. Good free kicks and corners too. He should definitely be re-signed.

Bouzid should be fairly easily replaced. Palazuelos is having his best season for us - one thing which is rarely picked up on is how important he is in the air. In the Killie game Thomson was having a shocker in the air - and if Palazuelos had been there he would have gone for the long balls to our right.

Charlie-Brown

It has been great to have Rudi back this year. He's added more workrate this time to his game and has provided a calming influence in the midfield. Rarely gives the ball away and has been a big goalscorer for us. Good free kicks and corners too. He should definitely be re-signed.

Bouzid should be fairly easily replaced. Palazuelos is having his best season for us - one thing which is rarely picked up on is how important he is in the air. In the Killie game Thomson was having a shocker in the air - and if Palazuelos had been there he would have gone for the long balls to our right.

Isn't it remarkable how the likes of Karipidis, Aguair, Palazeulos, Neilson and even Kingston started upping their games as their contracts wind down. Almost all of them showed some of their best form during their final season and needing to win themselves another deal.

kennyblack'sshot

Isn't it remarkable how the likes of Karipidis, Aguair, Palazeulos, Neilson and even Kingston started upping their games as their contracts wind down. Almost all of them showed some of their best form during their final season and needing to win themselves another deal.

To be fair to Ruben this is the first season he's had a regular game. I really like the guy and he likes us - I hope he'll stay on reduced terms.

Re. the calls for Rudi to go - he's almost certain to end the season in double figures for goals from midfield (and no penalties amongst them - I think). Anyone got his stats on assists? And that's been when he's not supposed to be properly fit. What are people thinking?

Ruben under Csaba in his first season was a stand out in nearly every game. Top quality player that's lost his form.

Buffalo Bill

Rudi is a luxury that we should be going all out to carry. People saying he should work harder or pull his socks up are lying on Portobello beach waiting for the hot weather to come.

We should be building our entire team and system around Rudi in order to get him on the ball about 20-25 yards out, preferably onto that beautiful left peg of his.

If that means getting two 'workers' into midfield then fine, but let's be realistic: Rudi aint going to be doing the donkey work, yet when that ball gets into his possession, the whole stadium sits up and takes notice.

Rudi is a luxury that we should be going all out to carry. People saying he should work harder or pull his socks up are lying on Portobello beach waiting for the hot weather to come.

We should be building our entire team and system around Rudi in order to get him on the ball about 20-25 yards out, preferably onto that beautiful left peg of his.

If that means getting two 'workers' into midfield then fine, but let's be realistic: Rudi aint going to be doing the donkey work, yet when that ball gets into his possession, the whole stadium sits up and takes notice.

:lol: Superb!

I agree. :thumbsup:

To be fair I think Rudi has been carrying an injury. I think a rest would do him the world of good.

siegementality

I think we'll sign some new players but how many depends on who leaves and who gets kept on.

Wow, really!

Utter nonsense.

It's not 'utter nonsense'. He has won us more points this season than any other player. An example being we would have drawn 0-0 with St Mirren if it hadn't been for Rudi's hat trick.

Drylaw Hearts

It's not 'utter nonsense'. He has won us more points this season than any other player. An example being we would have drawn 0-0 with St Mirren if it hadn't been for Rudi's hat trick.

:lol:

Are you 9 years old ?

No adult would have such a stupid logic.

it will be a sad day for the club. when bouzid leaves us for the old firm or the EPL.

About the only sensible post I've seen from you in recent times. :lol:

Ruben has been very consistent for us. His good work has been easier to notice in the two seasons he was in a decent side (This year and 2008 http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20080511/berra-wins-players-accolade_2241384_1309526 ). I think it is the fans opinion of him that has gone up and down. Karipidis grew season on season with us whilst Bruno initially struggled as he played to similar a role to Hartley, then got crocked by Brellier, then gradually improved as he got over the injury.

I'm not going to try and stick up for Kingston.

As for the article, no quotes at all about Ruben or Bouzid. Brown says Rudi might stay. The rest looks like it could be speculation lifted from this forum.

Archived