Hearts 17s

Jambosr1985

Jambosr1985

Was at Riccarton yesterday for the 17s derby against Hibs, we lost 3-2, the goalie sold the winner, man of the match was the referee, best Hearts player (Sam Todd), got sent off.

Billy King was okay but thought Hibs had more players with ability, sorry Peanut/FF/JIG but thats how i saw it.

dodethejambo

Was at Riccarton yesterday for the 17s derby against Hibs, we lost 3-2, the goalie sold the winner, man of the match was the referee, best Hearts player (Sam Todd), got sent off.

Billy King was okay but thought Hibs had more players with ability, sorry Peanut/FF/JIG but thats how i saw it.

Was told it was 4-2 (it was a hibby that told me the score, so could be wrong), agrees that Billy King played well.

Pictures from the game here

http://www.hydc.co.uk/gallery_top.html

jamboinglasgow

Fair enough. Can't really argue with you as I was not at the match and I haven't seen Hibs U17s this season.

Though I can I ask you get the chip off your shoulder. You seem to have a real bone of contention and one or two other posters.

Footballfirst

I was at the game yesterday (taking the pictures for the HYDC site).

Jambosr1985 - I take it that you didn't stay to the end otherwise you would have known that the final score was 4-2.

I thought that Hearts were much the better side during the 1st half and that Hibs were the better side once both teams went down to 10 men.

I thought that the ref lost the plot in the 2nd half. The red cards weren't deserved and should have been yellows at worst. Sam Todd would have been unlucky even to get that, having been tripped from behind. The ref didn't appear to know the advantage rule and I thought that contributed to players of both sides getting frustrated with him. It was also disappointing that he didn't stop play when Hearts had 2 men on the ground, including one with a head knock, when Hibs scored their 4th goal with the last kick of the ball.

Callum Paterson's opening goal after 30 mins was a powerful header from a terrific San Todd cross. Hibs equalised 2 mins into the 2nd half before Hearts went ahead again with a Scott Campbell header. Hibs equalised midway through the half then went ahead with 5 mins to go after a goalkeeping error. Billy King hit the bar in stoppage time before Hibs scored their 4th.

It's worth noting that the U17s beat Hibs in the corresponding match at East Mains earlier in the season so there isn't a great deal between them. If you matched the Hibs defence with Hearts attack you could make up a decent team.

Hearts team

Carswell

Saunderson (Campbell), Brown, McDonald, McMillan

Paterson (Lynas), A King, Carnwath, B King, Todd

Carrick (Graham)

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I don't understand the point of the OP...

Is the point that we are supposed to be raging that our youth teams are not akin to Barca? Or is it that JiG, FF and Peanut are ripping the piss out of us all by pretending that we have some promising players in there, when in fact they are all shit and need moved on pronto?

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!!

Harry Palmer

The point of the OP is that he is thoroughly delighted that the youngsters lost and has come on to have a wee gloat.

At least that is how I read it. :unsure:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

That's what I mean Arnold,

Did I miss a thread where JiG, FF and Peanut had posted a massive glowing report on this game where we were outstanding and Jambosr1985 is offering a different view?

Really puzzling OP? Seems he is delighted we lost and is gloating about the afore mentioned JKBers posting that we were better than he thought we were... As I said maybe I missed the "Hearts U17s were awesome today" thread from our regular youth team pundits.

Footballfirst

The point of the OP is that he is thoroughly delighted that the youngsters lost and has come on to have a wee gloat.

I'm beginning to think that the OP is Gary Mackay in disguise, given Gary's recent criticism of the Academy.

Gary was watching yesterday's game too, obviously watching his crop of highly rated Hibs youngsters. :whistling:

rossthejambo

Yep, an all too common occurence when the youth teams get beat.

OP has serious issues with the youth systems, beginning to think he was bumped by them for being shite. :whistling:

Jambosr1985

Beginning to think op will stop posting the truth, saw Mackay away at ht, the boy Stanton for hibs was best player on park ff do you not agree.

Watched jason/jamie and co a few years back now they were a joy to watch.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Beginning to think op will stop posting the truth, saw Mackay away at ht, the boy Stanton for hibs was best player on park ff do you not agree.

Watched jason/jamie and co a few years back now they were a joy to watch.

Aren't you the OP though?

_42970777_confused_203.jpg

Jambosr1985

Exactly butterfly, i would think Mackay has more football knowledge than you can get ever get from your postbags FF thats for sure.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Exactly butterfly, i would think Mackay has more football knowledge than you can get ever get from your postbags FF thats for sure.

Cara_cuppa.JPG

Nope... Still don't get what you are talking about...

Archived