Rumours from the pub tonight .....

Walter Bishop

I just think until hearts get sorted (post romanov) there is no manager who has potential would take the job.

Again, why do you think this? What reasons do you have?

jamboinglasgow
I've never understood this argument.

If he were to get the sack, It would be down to the mad Russian, regardless of how McGhee had performed.

We sack managers after all. That's what Hearts do isn't it?

He wouldn't be doing his career any harm whatsoever in coming to Tynecastle.

He couldn't lose.

I agree here, if he keeps winning he is seen like Burley. If he loses he can just say romanov forced the team on him and can be moved on to another club easily.

[Originally Posted by Gabonred

I just think until hearts get sorted (post romanov) there is no manager who has potential would take the job.

Again, why do you think this? What reasons do you have?]

Well you had a good manager in Burnley and he got sacked ( I know it was 2 seasons ago) due to the fact that he got you to the top of the table was he was only at the club for a few months did he save his reputation.

Since then you have had obvious problems with tinkering with team selection from above, with the squad you have you should be top 3. So now not just managers but players really consider if they want to sign for your team because of the constant negativity coming from the club whether it might be your financial situation or player unrest, even the fact you have a coach and not a manager is not a normal situation for a player, which is why you see no half decent players wanting to play for hearts.

So I cant see Mark Mcghee wanting to sign for you just now, he would look on it not as a step forward or back but just a job that is not worth the hassle.

I think the press has been the biggest problem as they want gossip and controversy from tyncastle even if there is none.

rudi must stay
[Originally Posted by Gabonred

Again, why do you think this? What reasons do you have?]

Well you had a good manager in Burnley and he got sacked ( I know it was 2 seasons ago) due to the fact that he got you to the top of the table was he was only at the club for a few months did he save his reputation.

Since then you have had obvious problems with tinkering with team selection from above, with the squad you have you should be top 3. So now not just managers but players really consider if they want to sign for your team because of the constant negativity coming from the club whether it might be your financial situation or player unrest, even the fact you have a coach and not a manager is not a normal situation for a player, which is why you see no half decent players wanting to play for hearts.

So I cant see Mark Mcghee wanting to sign for you just now, he would look on it not as a step forward or back but just a job that is not worth the hassle.

I think the press has been the biggest problem as they want gossip and controversy from tyncastle even if there is none.

how come he wanted the hassle the last 2 times the jobs been up for grabs then?

how come he wanted the hassle the last 2 times the jobs been up for grabs then?

That is why I said previously that now he is at motherwell he will look at that as a better place to build his career. He might have wanted the job before but I bet when he looks back he is glad he didn?t get it.

rudi must stay
That is why I said previously that now he is at motherwell he will look at that as a better place to build his career. He might have wanted the job before but I bet when he looks back he is glad he didn?t get it.

end of the day mate, if he wants to be a Hearts manager then he will be. Look at Capello, he wanted to be the England boss for years and guess where he is now?

end of the day mate, if he wants to be a Hearts manager then he will be. Look at Capello, he wanted to be the England boss for years and guess where he is now?

That is very true and if romanov was not there then i dont doubt that he would have been at hearts before motherwell or have would have left motherwell to join hearts.

Just new to the forum didnt expect to get into a debate this quick ;)

Not a hearts fan just a football fan so i am not out fishing

rudi must stay
That is very true and if romanov was not there then i dont doubt that he would have been at hearts before motherwell or have would have left motherwell to join hearts.

Just new to the forum didnt expect to get into a debate this quick ;)

Not a hearts fan just a football fan so i am not out fishing

but the last 2 times he applied Romanov was there

but the last 2 times he applied Romanov was there

Was he there for an interview? how was it released that he applied? If he did apply did he have a job at that time?

rudi must stay
Was he there for an interview? how was it released that he applied? If he did apply did he have a job at that time?

no he didn't, he didn't have a job in a while before he got the Motherwell one. Don't think he got as far as having an interview, it's common knowledge that he applied and i'm pretty sure he told the newspapers

Jimmy McNulty
no he didn't, he didn't have a job in a while before he got the Motherwell one. Don't think he got as far as having an interview, it's common knowledge that he applied and i'm pretty sure he told the newspapers

Yup - he was quoted in FourFourTwo (see my previous post).

Look at Stuart Baxter.....he wanted to be....errr.....manager of anyone and ......errr.....where is he now?

There is not a chance that McGhee would ruin his managerial career and sign for hearts, motherwell is a better building block for him.

2 words for you (no, not those ones :P)....

"Money Talks".

Archived