Elvis needs to chest thump me thinks

desmondo

Its a clear 2 horse race between The Pars and Raith although Falkirk may play a big part as they play the pars at east end on the last game of the season...

Quite fancy raith to do it plus it would be nice to see Mcglynn plying his trade in the SPL seeing as he learnt from the best,also a trip to kirkaldy instead of hamilton would suit me.

Denny Crane

He completely lost it at Bill Leckie after the game, before the post-match presser had even started!

He was shouting things like 'you don't even know me' and 'you never have anything decent to say about me'. Total LULZ.

Did the same to me three months into my own fledgling career. "Steven, you wrote in this month's edition of the club magazine tha......." and then KABOOM from the chest-thumper. Out of all the Hearts boys I've spoken to, all were great bar one individual.

I think SP thrives on being disliked,he's certainly very good at it,not really keen on him :down:

Sierra Delta
It was a measure of the Falkirk gaffer?Steven Pressley's disappointment and the pressure that he is under that he opened his press conference with a seemingly unprovoked attack on The Sun's sportswriter, Bill Leckie:-

"We don't get much with you about, that's for sure."

Taken aback, Bill asked what he had done to be told:-

"What have you not done? You don't have a good thing to say about me, not one good thing to say about me. Absolutely all the time, you don't even know me."

Raising his voice even more, the Falkirk manager continued:-

" You do not know me and you do not have a good thing to say about me. Make no mistake about that."

Bill asked if he was going to be abused in front of people that he should be told what he had done.

"Plenty, I am just telling you plenty. You have never got anything positive to say about me. Right anyway, lets go"

Was it a bad day at the office?

"No not a bad day, a bad result not a bad day, far from it. It was a really good performance; a game we absolutely dominated. We lost the game in two critical moments, that aside our performance was excellent. We passed the ball, we played with purpose, we created opportunities, we were on the front foot - all the things that we preach and work towards in training every single day was evident in our performance.

"We created more opportunities than Dunfermline without doubt throughout the game. We dominated and they scored with their first opportunity in the game."

Sounds like he's absolutely lost it :lol:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

He's finding out about management. Nowhere to hide, every mistake and defeat seen in the context of his involvement. That's the difference between playing and managing

shaun.lawson
:slither: - he of the forked tongue and rancid tan loafers, last seen frantically trying to locate the plot - will be put out of his misery soon enough. :thumbsup:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

:slither: - he of the forked tongue and rancid tan loafers, last seen frantically trying to locate the plot - will be put out of his misery soon enough. :thumbsup:

I wonder where he would rank in a poll of ex hearts players who hearts fans hate?

shaun.lawson

I wonder where he would rank in a poll of ex hearts players who hearts fans hate?

You know, that's a title he might even win - amongst some fans, at least. Who'd be his competition? David Weir, Paul Ritchie, Gordan Petric, Eduardas Kurskis, Andy Watson... any advances on this little lot? Mind you, one of our current players might still rank fairly high on the list too!

jack D and coke

It's crazy to see how far he's fallen. I loved Elvis until his nonsense. I think the guy is a complete ^^^^ now and wouldn't ever welcome him back. The guy is dead to me.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

You know, that's a title he might even win - amongst some fans, at least. Who'd be his competition? David Weir, Paul Ritchie, Gordan Petric, Eduardas Kurskis, Andy Watson... any advances on this little lot? Mind you, one of our current players might still rank fairly high on the list too!

Of the recent bunch, Kingston. Maybe Galloway

davemclaren

Chrs Shevlane :whistling:

winston churchill

the grassing snake will be chest thumped out the door by the bairns soon enough.

jack D and coke

Of the recent bunch, Kingston. Maybe Galloway

In no way did they totally betray us in the way Pressley did. I know I won't ever be able to forgive Steven Pressley for his behaviour. I couldn't believe my eyes. He undone 10 years in 10 seconds.

davemclaren

:facepalm:

Chris Benoit

Has Therapist hacked your account?

shaun.lawson

:facepalm:

C'mon Dave - what's it going to take for you to abandon your fence sitting and refusal to get even slightly annoyed about anything? I used to defend Pressley on here, but **** it: it's clear as day how loathed he is within the game, and that he gets off on being a pantomime villain. Some of the absolute smack he's come out with since taking the Falkirk job has been simply incredible.

shaun.lawson

:)

In Pressley's case, I had a 'Eureka' moment* well over a year ago now.

*by which I mean: "Good God - he really is an arsehole after all..."

Chris Benoit

:)

In Pressley's case, I had a 'Eureka' moment* well over a year ago now.

*by which I mean: "Good God - he really is an arsehole after all..."

Good man, his apologists can say what they like but fact is he shat on us after all we did for him to get onside with them and for that I could never forgive him

Yep, good player and captain for us, shame he's turned into a complete arrogant knobhead! Would'nt want him anywhere near Tynie these days!

davemclaren

C'mon Dave - what's it going to take for you to abandon your fence sitting and refusal to get even slightly annoyed about anything? I used to defend Pressley on here, but **** it: it's clear as day how loathed he is within the game, and that he gets off on being a pantomime villain. Some of the absolute smack he's come out with since taking the Falkirk job has been simply incredible.

I don't see what there is to get too annoyed about regarding what Pressley does as Falkirk's manager. He's not the first manager to lose the plot with the press. Similarly, popularity won't be in his job description.

Teuchterjambo

I was a tremendours admirer of Steven Pressley as a player for us, I even admired the qualities he seemed to have at that time as a leader and as a person. Even after the chest thumping I defended him, and could forgive a momentary lapse in an emotional and pressurised situation but............

Since then he seems to be engulfed in some kind of self centered arrogance tinged with a bit of paranoia and is looking a bigger prat with every passing week. He will find that the reputation he built when with us will not sustain him much longer and when the press pack finally round on him which is very close , his managerial career will go straight down the pan and he'll be all washed up. He is increasingly looking isolated and unless he learns a bit of humility pdq his career will be history and he will only have himself to blame.

He thought he was the dogs bollocks without serving his apprenticeship - turns out an arrogant know all who nobody likes. Never thought I would see the day when I would relish his failure - shame on you Elvis.

Lets all just put the pressley agendas to one side and remember that Bill Leckie is a complete walloper of the highest order.

Johanes de Silentio

I used to defend Pressley on here, but **** it: it's clear as day how loathed he is within the game

Do you think that every other club forum has regular Pressley hating threads?

Doubt it.

Lets all just put the pressley agendas to one side and remember that Bill Leckie is a complete walloper of the highest order.

Dont like the thread,dont post, thats what i do :thumbsup:

Tommy Wiseau

By the looks of things, I have - "rancid tan loafers" is your clue, classic Faceman Ehlvisssssss chat.

It was a major :yas: moment when Lawson realised the error of his ways defending the shlithery shnake on here.

Ehlvissssss is an ABSALUTE ROASTER. Wish him all the worst in his career. :thumbsup:

Johanes de Silentio

Bill Leckie is a complete walloper of the highest order.

Fair point - many still marvel at Walter Smith's youtube demolition of Chick Young.

If this was any other coach having a long overdue pop at Leckie, many would be giving kudos.

This is very true.

However, Pressley is already 10 times the walloper Leckie will ever be.

scott_jambo

I have personal experience of Pressley and the Falkirk coaching staff in between when he was brought in as a senior player and then slithered his way in front of prospective co-managers Jackie Mcnamara and Neil McCann in regards to taking on the Falkirk job after Eddie May parted company. (even though Neil McCann had done his apprenticeship in terms of doing all his badges and taking the Hearts reserve team for over a year). They were both promplty binned immediately after Pressley took the job. (McCann and Mcnamara were VERY popular with the playing staff and spent alot of extra time with the youths too).

One of my closest friends at Edinburgh Airport told me of his disgusting behaviour towards the staff there - Therapist confirmed this story (although it probably gave it less credence).

People should remember that when Hearts were in our darkest days, there wasn't just one narcisstic megalomaniac causing problems at Hearts - we had one on the playing staff as well.

His name?

Steven the slitherer - and everyone inside Scottish football (including the press) know it.

Johanes de Silentio

People should remember that when Hearts were in our darkest days, there wasn't just one narcisstic megalomaniac causing problems at Hearts - we had one on the playing staff as well.

Who was the other one?

J Cheever Loophole

I have personal experience of Pressley and the Falkirk coaching staff in between when he was brought in as a senior player and then slithered his way in front of prospective co-managers Jackie Mcnamara and Neil McCann in regards to taking on the Falkirk job after Eddie May parted company. (even though Neil McCann had done his apprenticeship in terms of doing all his badges and taking the Hearts reserve team for over a year). They were both promplty binned immediately after Pressley took the job. (McCann and Mcnamara were VERY popular with the playing staff and spent alot of extra time with the youths too).

One of my closest friends at Edinburgh Airport told me of his disgusting behaviour towards the staff there - Therapist confirmed this story (although it probably gave it less credence).

His name?

Steven the slitherer - and everyone inside Scottish football (including the press) know it.

Definitely food for thought Scottcussing.gif

grumpy rebus

I knew a couple of SPL players who had absolutely no time for him and said that a lot of other players felt the same. They said he was "all about him" and would shit on anybody to get on. At the time, I tried to defend him (he was still with us at that time), but now anytime I meet these guys, they take great pleasure in teking the pii out of me about it. It seems like he's not liked in many places.

Nookie Bear

no no no, we're siding with the journos today - keep up!

not defending Elvis for anything but to see folk on here accepting a journos word (:yucky: ) and listening to a baggage handler from the airport is laugh-tastic

Steven_Pressley_1238214c.jpg

Its sickening looking at that spew of a man thumping his chest, and ironic that he's being hugged by an ex hobo who would shortly be thumping a blue top :yucky::yucky:

scott_jambo

no no no, we're siding with the journos today - keep up!

not defending Elvis for anything but to see folk on here accepting a journos word (:yucky: ) and listening to a baggage handler from the airport is laugh-tastic

She works for BAA, spends most of the day on the floor with radio or checking in people and their luggage.

What do you have against baggage handlers out of interest? You seem to be taking a superior attitude towards them.

She works for BAA, spends most of the day on the floor with radio or checking in people and their luggage.

What do you have against baggage handlers out of interest? You seem to be taking a superior attitude towards them.

I know who you are talking about and she is a lovely person.

As for her partner.... :lol:

Can't say it upsets me when bad things happen to him.

Karma's a bitch Ssssssssssteven.

jack D and coke

His name?

Sorry Scott mate not trying to be wide or anything but what exactly did SP do that was disgusting? Genuinely curious like?

scott_jambo

Sorry Scott mate not trying to be wide or anything but what exactly did SP do that was disgusting? Genuinely curious like?

Treating staff like pieces of dirt 'like'.

jack D and coke

Treating staff like pieces of dirt 'like'.

Why the piss take reply? I was only asking a question :blink:

Guest Dipped Flake

You can't ask a question about Pressley without being treated to the usual garbage in return. Most is laughable rubbish althought to be fair to Scott he does appear to have genuine reasons for not liking him. As for me, whenever I think of Pressley I think of him lifting the Scottish Cup for my team. Whatever he has done since then, ether real or imagined will never take away the pleasure I got that day.

jack D and coke

You can't ask a question about Pressley without being treated to the usual garbage in return. Most is laughable rubbish althought to be fair to Scott he does appear to have genuine reasons for not liking him. As for me, whenever I think of Pressley I think of him lifting the Scottish Cup for my team. Whatever he has done since then, ether real or imagined will never take away the pleasure I got that day.

I don't have any time for Pressley anymore tbh but i hadn't heard of any bad behaviour towards staff at the airport or anywhere else and i don't have any reason to disbelieve what Scott was saying i was just interested.

scott_jambo

Sorry JDC, I misconstrued your original post, I thought you were piss-taking or insinuating I wasn't being honest.

Apologies.

For the record, I hated Pressley the moment he gave it laldy at Tynecastle, by coincidence a few things I have seen and heard have made me decide he isn't a nice guy all the time.

Snapping at Bill Leckie coincides with how he deals with people in general when under pressure, not just journalists.

Archived