Some posters will be spewing tonight!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

They just keep on losing :D long it may continue. Love the though of England being somewhere in the lower half of the top 30 in the FIFA rankings :)

I think David James is rubbish.

Nowhere near as good as Gordon.

David James has been fantastic this season, as he was last season. I think some people over rate Gordon, he's certainly not 'world class'.

Bit harsh on the English posters on here.

Saying that, England lose in France, Scotland won. Scotland draw at home to Croatia, England lost. Not looking good.

And that's coming from an ex Chelsea avatar.

Auld Reekin'
They just keep on losing :D long it may continue. Love the though of England being somewhere in the lower half of the top 30 in the FIFA rankings :)

:food-smiley-004:

I think David James is rubbish.

Nowhere near as good as Gordon.

Disagree mate, James has been outstanding this season.

Did you see his save v Bolton in the last minute? World class.

Sadly I thought Gordon had a bit of a shocker by his excellent standards.

His kicking certainly hasn't improved and I thought he should have done better for the goal.

David James has been fantastic this season, as he was last season. I think some people over rate Gordon, he's certainly not 'world class'.

I think he is.

James is one of the most unreliable goalies in the prem IMO. If i had a fiver to bet on any goalkeeper making a comedy error, he would be my choice. Don't rate him at all.

Dirk Diggler
baby_crying_closeup.jpg

Difference being, If someone had came on here with a similar thread regarding Scotland should they have been beaten you would have been the first to cue up having a go and the thread would have been closed after 4 pages of inevitable abuse.

Personally I couldn't give a ***** about the results (as you have already 'got') You're guilty of trolling though, Make no mistake.

:troll:

jambo walesy

Last season i would have placed Gordon above James, however James has been World Class this year and is at the moment the best British goalie by a stretch imo.

Last season i would have placed Gordon above James, however James has been World Class this year and is at the moment the best British goalie by a stretch imo.

Bit steep with World Class, but hes been the best in the EPL by far easily.

I slightly rate him above Gordon, but Gordons with a crap defense.

Difference being, If someone had came on here with a similar thread regarding Scotland should they have been beaten you would have been the first to cue up having a go and the thread would have been closed after 4 pages of inevitable abuse.

Personally I couldn't give a ***** about the results (as you have already 'got') You're guilty of trolling though, Make no mistake.

Your wrong actually, I can't remember ever having a go at any of the guys who post when England win.

Where exactly is the trolling? I would call it a bit of harmless discussion on football.

If they can dish it out they can take it as well. ;)

Well this is a forum of a Scotish team not an English one, aint it? Would be a bit strange if someone bashed Scotland on here :P

Auld Reekin'
Bit harsh on the English posters on here.

Saying that, England lose in France, Scotland won. Scotland draw at home to Croatia, England lost. Not looking good.

And that's coming from an ex Chelsea avatar.

D'you know what? You're right!

(But then again I don't think anyone's really having a go at them...!)

Anyway, well done Scotland tonight: good, solid, fighting performance, which certainly let Croatia know they were in a game. Not at all bad for a weakened (:rolleyes:) squad...

:food-smiley-004:

Well this is a forum of a Scotish team not an English one, aint it? Would be a bit strange if someone bashed Scotland on here :P

You would think that wouldn't you! :eek:

Auld Reekin'
Well this is a forum of a Scotish team not an English one, aint it?

You sometimes wonder... :confused:

Would be a bit strange if someone bashed Scotland on here :P

You would think so, wouldn't you...???!!!??? ;)

Dirk Diggler
Your wrong actually, I can't remember ever having a go at any of the guys who post when England win.

Where exactly is the trolling? I would call it a bit of harmless discussion on football.

If they can dish it out they can take it as well. ;)

I never mentioned England winning, I mentioned Scotland losing...And you'd be the first to have a go.;)

The title of this thread is where the trolling begins.

Would you not have been better resurrecting a thread where the English are dishing it out and giving it back on there?

Or maybe you'd be struggling to find a thread where 'they' are dishing it out?

Prove me wrong.

You would think so, wouldn't you...???!!!??? ;)

Just want to say you have the best signature on Kickback mate! :biggrin:

Auld Reekin'
You would think that wouldn't you! :eek:

SNAP!!!!!!!! :)

Dirk Diggler

Maybe.

There's been at least 2 today however.

One of which got closed.

I think he is.

James is one of the most unreliable goalies in the prem IMO. If i had a fiver to bet on any goalkeeper making a comedy error, he would be my choice. Don't rate him at all.

Where would you/everyone rate Gordon then?

Van Der Sar

Foster

Cech

Cudicini

Almunia

Lehmann

Reina

Howard

James

Carson

Friedel

Hart

Green

Robinson

Schwarzer

Given

Kirkland

Hahnemann

Taylor

Jaaskelainen

Niemi

Carroll

2 players each from the top 3 and the rest based on league positions. I'd say he was on par with Hahnemann and Jaaskelainen as it stands.

Auld Reekin'
Just want to say you have the best signature on Kickback mate! :biggrin:

Yer, well... Peter Cook was a feckin' genius, mate... (for an absolute cad... or something like that!)!

:)

I never mentioned England winning, I mentioned Scotland losing...And you'd be the first to have a go.;)

The title of this thread is where the trolling begins.

Would you not have been better resurrecting a thread where the English are dishing it out and giving it back on there?

Or maybe you'd be struggling to find a thread where 'they' are dishing it out?

Prove me wrong.

Nope I'm quite happy to start my own thread on the subject.

I really cannae be arsed looking back through posts so you can come to whatever conclusion you want ... I'm sure other posters know what I mean. :)

Anyway, for someone who couldn't give a **** about the results you are getting a bit wound up.

Trolling? Is that an internet term or what because I've never heard it used in the real world. Load of pish if you ask me.

If you have a problem with the post report it to the mods.

Enjoyable night of football. :)

Van Der Sar- better than Gordon

Foster- Better than Gordon

Cech- Better than Gordon

Cudicini- Better than Gordon

Almunia- Better than Gordon

Lehmann- hmm... has made huge errors this season, but Jen's experience sways it

Reina- Better than Gordon

Howard- Better than Gordon

James- Better than Gordon

Carson- I would actually shade Gordon ahead of him

Friedel- Better than Gordon

Hart- Undecided, very similar

Green- Better than Gordon

Robinson- Better than Gordon

Schwarzer- Better than Gordon

Given- Better than Gordon

Kirkland- Undecided

Hahnemann- Hard one, Hahnemann sways it

Taylor- Undecided

Jaaskelainen- Better than Gordon

Niemi- Better than Gordon

Carroll- Gordons better

2 players each from the top 3 and the rest based on league positions. I'd say he was on par with Hahnemann and Jaaskelainen as it stands.

Thats my opinion...

Thats my opinion...

Minus Foster, I agree. :eek::eek::eek:

That's taking nothing away from Gordon, they are all top keepers.

You can't really judge him until he is playing with a solid defence though.

Dirk Diggler
Nope I'm quite happy to start my own thread on the subject.

I really cannae be arsed looking back through posts so you can come to whatever conclusion you want ... I'm sure other posters know what I mean. :)

Anyway, for someone who couldn't give a **** about the results you are getting a bit wound up.

Trolling? Is that an internet term or what because I've never heard it used in the real world. Load of pish if you ask me.

If you have a problem with the post report it to the mods.

Enjoyable night of football. :)

Not getting wound up.

Far from it.

I just find the hypocrisy laughable.

As for 'trolling', You're probably right, It is an internet term. Seeing as we're communicating via the internet i thought you'd understand?

Apologies.

:mw_rolleyes:

I'm glad you've enjoyed tonight.

Fosters class, top class.

Will be United number 1 easily at the start of next season.

Proved it at Watford when he made save after save for them.

Rate him above Craig from what Ive saw.

Minus Foster, I agree. :eek::eek::eek:

That's taking nothing away from Gordon, they are all top keepers.

You can't really judge him until he is playing with a solid defence though.

Not sure tbh, Foster was a stand out for Watford who probably had a worse defence than Sunderland have...

This original posting is quite like the 'other half' of this board use all the time, however note their non appearance (hiding) ..... we should follow suit whenever they post their usual provocative postings ..... don't reply to it!

Doctor FinnBarr

You,re drunk matey boy, bed NOW!:107years:

You,re drunk matey boy, bed NOW!:107years:

James has been the best in the premiership this year easily, much better than Gordon

James has been the best in the premiership this year easily, much better than Gordon

Yeah but you think Paul Robinson is better than Gordon. Actually you seem to think nearly every keeper in the EPL is better than him.

From the ones I mentioned and said I rated above Gordon, yeah actually I do.

Gordons still young, he WILL be better than Robinson.

Robinsons a good goal keeper, hes made howlers yes, but Gordons howlers aswell were high profile and even more suspect than Robinsons.

Robsinson is a better overall keeper imo.

Give Gordon a few more years and with a better team and he will be up there with the best, at the moment hes not better than the ones ive said.

Disagree mate, James has been outstanding this season.

Did you see his save v Bolton in the last minute? World class.

Sadly I thought Gordon had a bit of a shocker by his excellent standards.

His kicking certainly hasn't improved and I thought he should have done better for the goal.

Looked to me as though it took a deflection about 5 yards in front of Craig. He had no chance.

Made several other good saves during the game.

From the ones I mentioned and said I rated above Gordon, yeah actually I do.

Gordons still young, he WILL be better than Robinson.

Robinsons a good goal keeper, hes made howlers yes, but Gordons howlers aswell were high profile and even more suspect than Robinsons.

Robsinson is a better overall keeper imo.

Give Gordon a few more years and with a better team and he will be up there with the best, at the moment hes not better than the ones ive said.

PISH!!

Boaby Ewing

I just like the football France used to pump Engerlund.

Proper old school.

Saw ze Germans using it in the Bundesliga as well. Bring back black and white patches!

Proper old school.

Saw ze Germans using it in the Bundesliga as well. Bring back black and white patches!

r84165_245822.jpg

Mai oui!

I had those "continental" footballs for my subbutteo.

Top notch.

Proper old school.

There is no doubt Fabio has his work cut out. Hes dealing with loads of over rated egos.

Van Der Sar - Top Class, very few mistakes

Foster - Very rare top class appearances to judge

Cech - One of the best, but a few surprising errors of late

Cudicini - plenty mistakes even with a great defence

Almunia - Top class, very few mistakes

Lehmann - Great shot stopper but a clown. Too easily tempted off his line

Reina - Great shot stopper, not a clown like Lehmann, but again easily tempted off his line

Howard - Very solid since transfer to Everton

James - A near 20 year career of being a calamitous clown. That effort last night to collect the ball on one knee was embarrassing, and typical laziness of the guy.

Carson - Combination of very good, solid - with a few mistakes

Friedel - Top class. Probably the most solid keepr in the Premiership. Is he ever at fault for any goals.

Hart - Who? Haven't watched enough Man City games since he came in to team. Apart from when I suffer from insomnia.

Green - Getting better, cutting out mistakes

Robinson - Solid, Great, then hopeless for a spell, looks to be getting better again, but still doubts. If James is ever injured get him back in the England team, please.

Schwarzer - Pretty solid and unspectacular.

Given - Think he is on the wain. And has been for a few seasons. Combination of injuries & horror defence. Can't even think of him making any decent saves of late.

Kirkland - Always feel he makes goals not look his fault. Nearly there, but not quite.

Hahnemann - Fairly solid, with odd mistake. Never spectacular.

Taylor - Appears to be struggling of late. Not what he was say a couple of seasons ago.

Jaaskelainen - As Taylor above. Probably the best 3 years ago.

Niemi - Ex Jambos legend - basic shot stopping and positional sense still good but just have a feeling at most Fulham goals they lose, Niemi could have done better.

Carroll - Not really watched him since he moved back.

I've of course got maroon tinted glasses on and really hope big Craig becomes a great. I don't think he is anything like as far down the pecking order as a lot of you believe.

As for James it would be comical if he was voted as one of the EPL players of the year only to give away a hat-trick of self inflicted goals in the FA Cup Final to Cardiff.

Looked to me as though it took a deflection about 5 yards in front of Craig. He had no chance.

Made several other good saves during the game.

Don't think it took a deflection.

The swerve and power just caught Craig out and left him flat footed.

Archived