Japan Jambo

Hector Riva

Hector Riva

Hope everythings ok.

MODs can you guys check up through her email

Bev is a chum of hers so have sent a text to let her know about this thread. Fingers, toes and everything else crossed that Lynn & family are safe...

I'm just watching the live pics on Sky News and it looks grim, hopefully Japan Jambo is in a safe area.

Say What Again

Hopefully all is OK.

Judging by Lynns location on her profile though, she should be far enough away. From what I saw earlier it was the NE ares of Miyagi, Fukushima and Sendai that were hit worst. Lyn''s location of Hashimoto is central/south of Japan.

600 miles and over 12 hours away (by car) according to Google maps.

Dean Winchester

Was just wondering where she was based. Hopefully her and her family are all ok and the lack of reply to texts etc is simply down to lack of power/mobile networks that Japan is most likely facing at the moment.

Hearts Heritage

Was just wondering where she was based. Hopefully her and her family are all ok and the lack of reply to texts etc is simply down to lack of power/mobile networks that Japan is most likely facing at the moment.

Lynn is now back in Scotland with her two daughters. Her husband is still in Japan. Hope he and his family are OK.

Say What Again

Lynn is now back in Scotland with her two daughters. Her husband is still in Japan. Hope he and his family are OK.

That was what I thought, and the reason I checked her profile looking for confirmation (though it still says Japan).

I echo your sentiments re her husband, family and friends still out in Japan.

I believe this is correct. I spoke to Lynn through a friends Fb last week ,and i read it as she is back home in Scotland.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Thoughts with Lynn and her wider family circle. Hopefully they are all ok.

Hopefully all is OK.

Judging by Lynns location on her profile though, she should be far enough away. From what I saw earlier it was the NE ares of Miyagi, Fukushima and Sendai that were hit worst. Lyn''s location of Hashimoto is central/south of Japan.

600 miles and over 12 hours away (by car) according to Google maps.

I think Lynn is actually based here right now rather than Japan although she may be back visiting. Whatever her location I hope that she and her family who are still in japan are all safe

Thanks for the concern folks. I am indeed back over here in Scotland with my three daughters at the moment. Husband contacted me from his work and he is okay. been waiting to hear if he got home safely and what kind of state the house is in(it's on the 11th/top floor). He might not be allowed in the building etc. Starting to panic a wee bit as haven't heard a peep for three hours. He cycles to and from work every day. Works in a place called Fuchu, which is in Tokyo area. Some of the communications networks are down. So will keep you all up to date when I hear anything.

Lynn :ninja:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Thanks for the concern folks. I am indeed back over here in Scotland with my three daughters at the moment. Husband contacted me from his work and he is okay. been waiting to hear if he got home safely and what kind of state the house is in(it's on the 11th/top floor). He might not be allowed in the building etc. Starting to panic a wee bit as haven't heard a peep for three hours. He cycles to and from work every day. Works in a place called Fuchu, which is in Tokyo area. Some of the communications networks are down. So will keep you all up to date when I hear anything.

thumbsup.gif Good to hear Lynn. Hopefully all is well on your side of things.

i'm sure he'll be fine Lynn. one of my mates has just posted on his facebook (literally five minutes ago) that he's just finished work and he's going out for a drink near shinjuku station and is planning on going back to his work to sleep on his desk. i'm assuming the transport systems are screwed and he's not got any way of getting home. you're husband is probably in the same sort of situation.

one thing though, how crazy are the Japanese with their work ethic! my mates building was evacuated, then they were back in the office an hour later. an hour after that the building was still shaking, but they were still in there (doing god knows what!)!!

My girlfriend is Lyn's neice. I believe she is back in Scotland for the time being.

EDIT: Just noticed she already posted on this thread. Good to see your husband is safe and well Lyn.

i'm sure he'll be fine Lynn. one of my mates has just posted on his facebook (literally five minutes ago) that he's just finished work and he's going out for a drink near shinjuku station and is planning on going back to his work to sleep on his desk. i'm assuming the transport systems are screwed and he's not got any way of getting home. you're husband is probably in the same sort of situation.

one thing though, how crazy are the Japanese with their work ethic! my mates building was evacuated, then they were back in the office an hour later. an hour after that the building was still shaking, but they were still in there (doing god knows what!)!!

The trains are all stopped. 13 million people stranded in one city...doesn't bear thinking about. Hubby cycles home, so hopefully he will be home by now. As I said, not sure if the building will be deemed 'safe'. So just have to wait and see...

Fingers crossed

Johanes de Silentio

The trains are all stopped. 13 million people stranded in one city...doesn't bear thinking about. Hubby cycles home, so hopefully he will be home by now. As I said, not sure if the building will be deemed 'safe'. So just have to wait and see...

Fingers crossed

Stick in, pal - fingers crossed.

:heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump: - fingers crossed!

Lynn,I don,t know you or you,re family but,after seeing the news this morning,the first person I thought about was you and hoping that you were safe.Best wishes to you and you,re family

Jambosr1985

There is a Hearts fan called Colin in Japan whom could be struggling, he was over with his family in the Autumn and his twins enrolled in a soccer course at Riccarton (they featured in a programme), i took him up to see Hearts v Hamiilton 19s, my thoughts are with him and his family.

Just got in contact with hubby. Electricity and water were out in the apartment block for

8 hours. Small tv fell off stand, videos and various other stuff fell off shelves. Glass and mirrors smashed on the floor. Electricity has just come back on. Hubby is safe and well. He had a few Beers by candlelight earlier and a nap until the electric came back on.

Gawd, at least 300 bodies found in Sendai! There will be a lot more I fear! :(

Lynn

Glad you and your family are fine Lynn, terrifying display again by mother nature. Even here there are concerns about a tsunami hitting areas in the west coast, at the moment a potential 3ft wave possible.

Just got in contact with hubby. Electricity and water were out in the apartment block for

8 hours. Small tv fell off stand, videos and various other stuff fell off shelves. Glass and mirrors smashed on the floor. Electricity has just come back on. Hubby is safe and well. He had a few Beers by candlelight earlier and a nap until the electric came back on.

Lynn

Glad to hear he is safe and well Lynn, and that the apartment is fine considering.

blondejamtart

Glad to hear he's safe and well, Lynn - thoughts go out to all those who haven't been as fortunate.

Lynn

Truly frightening stuff Lynn, Glad your loved ones are safe, been following today's events closely got a brother in law in Osaka at present, He is fine just a little shook up.

The scenes on TV make for disturbing viewing, The Local Chinese are offering their best wishes.

Thoughts are with you and your family.

Jay

Lynn

good news Lynn, be a weight off your mind (not speaking of the bodies of course).

the latest from my mate, and this is a direct quote "In a hotel, house is ruined, just hope i can find somewhere to watch the football tomorrow" i'm guessing he means sunday as he's west ham

glad you and yours are safe lynn

awful tragedy today. thoughts go out to everyone.

i can't begin to imagine the scale of this to be honest. TV is on and i've seen some of the footage now. horrific

No structural damage in my apartment block, thank goodness. House was constantly shaking though when I was on skype to hubby earlier today.

6.6 aftershock just hit central Japan. Been 5 aftershocks in Hashimoto(my)area in an hour! I fear the body count could be in the thousands. Be utter devastation when the sun rises this morning. Heartbreaking watching footage of that tsunami. Feel a part of that country having lived there for 19 years. :(

Lynn

must be awful for you lynn

i can't bear to think of the death and destruction that this has caused. its heartbreaking

TyphoonJambo

We have never met Lynn but my thoughts are with you and everything crossed for your husband and all the friends you undoubtedly have out there. Keep in there!!

blondejamtart

It's harrowing enough to watch the footage without knowing the area or those involved, so god only knows what it must be like for you, Lynn - hope all your friends and family out there are safe and well.

Lynn, I hope and pray you and your family are OK.

The thoughts of all the Jambo Family are with everyone in Japan during this terrible time.

God bless you all.

The Old Tolbooth

Lynn

Glad to hear that your hubby and possessions are all ok Lynn, I can't even begin to imagine what you must be going through just now.

It's harrowing enough to watch the footage without knowing the area or those involved, so god only knows what it must be like for you, Lynn - hope all your friends and family out there are safe and well.

Very well put BJ, I was thinking how I could have put the same into words myself.

Doctor FinnBarr

No structural damage in my apartment block, thank goodness. House was constantly shaking though when I was on skype to hubby earlier today.

6.6 aftershock just hit central Japan. Been 5 aftershocks in Hashimoto(my)area in an hour! I fear the body count could be in the thousands. Be utter devastation when the sun rises this morning. Heartbreaking watching footage of that tsunami. Feel a part of that country having lived there for 19 years. :(

Lynn

19 years? Jeez, must make it 20-21 years since I last seen you!

Hope the family are OK

:thumbsup:

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Lynn

Lynn,

Have you heard anything about how Yokohama has been affected? My daughter has a friend living there who was at her school for a year here in Sheffield three years ago and they've kept in touch. She's sent Ayana an email but hasn't heard anything yet. Of course, that's likely to be because of the comms chaos.

Lynn,

Have you heard anything about how Yokohama has been affected? My daughter has a friend living there who was at her school for a year here in Sheffield three years ago and they've kept in touch. She's sent Ayana an email but hasn't heard anything yet. Of course, that's likely to be because of the comms chaos.

Apart from some falling debris I saw on TV from Yokohama, I think she'll be pretty safe there. The buildings are quite quake proof there, as well as Tokyo. I think nearly all the casualties have been caused by the horrendous tsunami in Sendai. Communications should be okay in Yokohama. If her friend has email on her mobile phone, better to use that address. Hope she is okay!

Lynn

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Apart from some falling debris I saw on TV from Yokohama, I think she'll be pretty safe there. The buildings are quite quake proof there, as well as Tokyo. I think nearly all the casualties have been caused by the horrendous tsunami in Sendai. Communications should be okay in Yokohama. If her friend has email on her mobile phone, better to use that address. Hope she is okay!

Lynn

Thanks Lynn. Hope everything goes well for you - and for everyone in Japan. We're lucky in this country, not having to contend with this sort of thing.

The Old Tolbooth

Thanks Lynn. Hope everything goes well for you - and for everyone in Japan. We're lucky in this country, not having to contend with this sort of thing.

No, we just have Icelandic volcanoes to worry about, you're not safe anywhere! :down:

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

No, we just have Icelandic volcanoes to worry about, you're not safe anywhere! :down:

I never get to go anywhere where this sort of thing matters. The week of the Iceland volcano, I got the train to Southport. That's as rock and roll as my life gets....

The Old Tolbooth

I never get to go anywhere where this sort of thing matters. The week of the Iceland volcano, I got the train to Southport. That's as rock and roll as my life gets....

I feel your pain mate :(

(I think your train would just about be safe underneath the ash clouds) :D

Just watching sky news,the aftermath is truly devastating.Hope lyns husband is coping ok under those conditions,will say a little prayer messenger3.gif

Jambof3tornado

I know its not nice to find humour at times like this but was just wondering if Lynns hubby will get a row for the dishes being piled up in the sink and the hoovering not being done when she gets back?

People out there seem to be extremely resilient to earthquakes etc.

rudi must stay

Glad to hear things aren't as bad for you as they could have been JapanJambo. The TV pics really do look horrific, may take Japan a while to recover from all this.

Thank goodness all is as well as can be expected for Lynn et al. Also pleased to hear that Yokohama seems OK - my (Japanese) friend's family lives there...

That said, the scenes yesterday were absolutely jaw-dropping and sadly there will inevitably be countless personal tragedies to be endured as a result of the earthquake and tsunami. No nation or community should ever have to suffer this, but I believe the Japanese are better equipped - in so many different ways - to ultimately overcome this disaster. Keeping my fingers crossed for them all.

Archived