Danny Paton

rabthejambo

To be honest never really heard of danny but i believe a double league and league cup winner! However in sporsters last sat i got chatting to a guy called tommy who managed to convince me with his total knowledge of the great hearts teams of late 50s early 60s despite being a tim, Anyway dimond geser shared a few jars and as it turns out he knew danny very well both comming from west calder, very sad not to know much about his illness comnpared with jimmy jhonson and the ensuing campaign, maybe swiftness of condition or family preferences, but i just hop HMFC give these legends in the real sense of the word the kind of service in their final hours of need as they gave to the great badge and jersey, these guys knew what it meant to play for the famous!!!! RIP thoughts with friends and family

The guy you were talking to is actually called Tony and a friend of mine. Diamond geezer indeed particularly when talking about Danny. Still wears green tinted specs these days unfortunately!

Captain Scarlett

RIP Danny we always appreciate all contributions to HMFC football club and yours was certainly a huge contribution we will remember .

Sad news, but lots of good memories. Probably muddled now, but did he not have trouble under floodlights with his contact lenses? Think he scored the first of the 62-63 season against Celtic and pretty sure he got the opener in Willie Hamilton's debut match vs Dundee (2-0 League Cup). Hampden in the rain. Backheeled goal against the Hobos in 63 (3-3 game at Tynie which helped them avoid relegation). His 'trick' - feint right and cut back inside. Great days.

RIP Danny. I also remember that 3-3 draw. We tried hard to give them the points to keep them up. Very odd game, Hobos defence was like a slappers legs!

Danny had some shot on him and Hearts through and through.

The guy you were talking to is actually called Tony and a friend of mine. Diamond geezer indeed particularly when talking about Danny. Still wears green tinted specs these days unfortunately!

Tony thats right only really got talking to him as he was drinking red wine in sporsters, which seemed odd, but turns out he worked in france for years, really nice guy and new a thing or two about the game!

Archived