Summit outcome live video stream (allegedly)

jambovambo

Guest juvehearts

oi lennon am gonae kick yer ***** **** in next time ah sei ye coz am a pc hardman eh an kin get a train thru tae lennox town wi my buckie n my dug to gie u a dae in.

ure gonae pure get it wee man :ninja:

The People's Chimp

Dedicated football intelligence untis? To deal with outrageous behaviour from managers and to crack down on domestic violence in the home?

Or are we just seeing more scapegoating and the whole thing being brushed under the carpet?

Hot since 86

What a **** up! Total waste of time, can't believe i was thinking some good might come of this! I am ashamed to be part of a footballing community that repeatedly bends over to get shafted by bigoted weegies!

tartofmidlothian

That doncaster is as much use as a dead vagina.

FACT

As an ashtray on a motorbike.

Shouldn't we be blaming all the teems for causing violence threw alcohol. Good question from our press. :verymad:

so that's it sorted then.

mad tam fae castlemilk wont be going out after the next game to jib someone, and crazy auld jake mcwalloper fae govan wont be knocking ten shades out of poor doris after rangers lose.

tartofmidlothian

so that's it sorted then.

mad tam fae castlemilk wont be going out after the next game to jib someone, and crazy auld jake mcwalloper fae govan wont be knocking ten shades out of poor doris after rangers lose.

Of course not.

Everyone shared a nice cup of tea and a digestive and decided they wouldn't, that's why.

Shambles

What it needed was next time your supporters sing sectarian songs

the officials will abandon the match and award the points to the other team.

An immediate fine will also be incurred.

With any future occurances meaning your team will not represent our country in Europe.

Or points deducted

What we get is suits scared to tackle the old firm.

So it wil continue and continue and continue.

Shambles and a whitewash :unsure:

When a friend complained about sectarian singing and flags the police done nothing about it. When he kept pushing the police as to why they threatened him with ejection and arrest instead.

bean counter

I read a piece recently that had quotes from Aberdeen police who have written to the SFA to say they cannot arrest people for signing sectarian songs as thye don't have enough resources at the match for it, or cells to put them in

Personally I think it's toothless, rather than a whitewash.

Graham Spiers on Twitter :

"Forgive my cynicism at this Old Firm ?summit?. Where have Salmond/SNP been these past 4 years? The problem wasn?t born last Wednesday night."

"I think this is where Alex Salmond has tripped. We have lost ground in fighting bigotry since he took office in ?07. It is undeniable"

"Alex Salmond announces assault on Old Firm bigotry, alcoholism, violence, and internet evils/lunacy. Better late than never. Hope it works."

alex salmond will be relatively happy. he's carried out his chores with regard to being seen to be dealing with the problem. he can now sit back and point to what's been done and say that he and his party have taken the issue seriously and acted.

i do suspect though that he knows damn well that nothing in the world will address the kind of issues we're talking about. when martin bain says that a football club can do very little about the wider violence and domestic abuse associated with old firm day... he's right.

the talking shop is closed. all the T's have been crossed and the I's dotted.

It's okay though, they're going to stop people fighting by making old Rangers players hold hands with old Celtic players, and current Rangers players hold hands with wee Celtic fans and current Celtic players hold hands with wee Rangers fans.

That's it problem solved.

Personally I think it's toothless, rather than a whitewash.

Graham Spiers on Twitter :

"Forgive my cynicism at this Old Firm ?summit?. Where have Salmond/SNP been these past 4 years? The problem wasn?t born last Wednesday night."

"I think this is where Alex Salmond has tripped. We have lost ground in fighting bigotry since he took office in ?07. It is undeniable"

"Alex Salmond announces assault on Old Firm bigotry, alcoholism, violence, and internet evils/lunacy. Better late than never. Hope it works."

Seems a very odd thing for Spiers to say. It would be very interesting to have a look at a map of the municipalities in Scotland most blighted by sectarianism and see what the local politicians have been doing about it for ... oh, I don't know - the last century, say? As well as those in power centrally, obviously.

doctor jambo

I wish someone would have the balls to come out and end this sectarian myth.

This is nothing to do with religion, and all to do with football.

Are we really to believe that all the trouble is because of two Christian Fundamentalist Groups whose deep held religious beliefs are so profound that they are willing to kill for it, and to beat their wives for it?

Are they being radicalised by Catholic/Protestant hate preachers?

Are they praying before going to the pub for the God given strength to crush the infidel?

Why do these extremist Christian groups not investigated, their priests and ministers followed by the police?

Are they killing in the name of God?

If they are, why are they going to games on the day of rest? The "wee frees" certainly wouldn't. NOr the Muslims.

And why does their radicalism affect only football and not their sexual habits/contraception/ "thow shalt not kill" and all the other comandments they so rapidly discard?

If you removed the old firm the hatred would die out- because there is no other manifestation of religion demonstrated in this nation of ours.

Once government gets this fact we may see progress.....

Hearts Machine

Alec Salmond wants both clubs to condemn alcohol abuse. Both clubs major sponsor is Tennents. :blink: :blink:

colinmaroon

I wish someone would have the balls to come out and end this sectarian myth.

This is nothing to do with religion, and all to do with football.

Are we really to believe that all the trouble is because of two Christian Fundamentalist Groups whose deep held religious beliefs are so profound that they are willing to kill for it, and to beat their wives for it?

Are they being radicalised by Catholic/Protestant hate preachers?

Are they praying before going to the pub for the God given strength to crush the infidel?

Why do these extremist Christian groups not investigated, their priests and ministers followed by the police?

Are they killing in the name of God?

If they are, why are they going to games on the day of rest? The "wee frees" certainly wouldn't. NOr the Muslims.

And why does their radicalism affect only football and not their sexual habits/contraception/ "thow shalt not kill" and all the other comandments they so rapidly discard?

If you removed the old firm the hatred would die out- because there is no other manifestation of religion demonstrated in this nation of ours.

Once government gets this fact we may see progress.....

Agreed!

Both these clubs grew up based on a religious divide that had nothing to do with Christianity, and that has been the case from 1690 to the present day.

And, as far as Bain saying that it's not right to blame the club for the social/sectarian problems in the West of Scotland - if it was not for the encouragement and then apathy towards the reality that the Uglies are the vehicle for the sustaining and even promotion for these sectarian views.

Both clubs have built their support using that which they are "superficially" condemning today and yet, they continue to tinker with the problem because they don't want to lose customers!!!

My take on the meeting today is that, once again, by producing their 6 points, the Uglies have deflected all blame and the action that would have addressed the problem head-on have been "postponed"!

Basically, they've got off, yet again, virtually scotfree!

I now believe that there is no chance of avoiding the 10 team SPL!

There is no chance of the SFA or SPL reigning them in!

And, the rest of Scottish football has been sentenced to ongoing serfdom while the Robber Barons fiddle as the game burns!

Alec Salmond wants both clubs to condemn alcohol abuse. Both clubs major sponsor is Tennents. :blink: :blink:

Tennants is like "making love in a canoe" anyway. Pish

Did anyone seriously expect anything else? I mean, honestly?

The half million is coming out of the tax payers pocket as well, even though its only to do with Glasgow.

Fecking shambles but I wont be spoiling my tea because of it. It was completely expected.

rangers and celtic have put forward a 6 point plan and and we are going with it. What the **** is that.

colinmaroon

rangers and celtic have put forward a 6 point plan and and we are going with it. What the **** is that.

It's a body swerve, that's what it is!!!

Jimmy Johnstone and Willie Henderson would be proud of the way that the Bigot Brothers changed the whole direction of what was needed!

1/ The creation of a stand-alone pan-Scotland police football intelligence unit as part of the ongoing review of police forces in Scotland;

2/ Greater enforcement of existing legislation to deal with sectarianism and drink related offences;

3/ The establishment of a task force comprising senior police officers, government representatives and club security personnel to deliver more consistency in policing of football matches across Scotland;

4/ A detailed academic study into the extent of the linkage of football to violent crime committed domestically and in the community;

5/ Celtic and Rangers will commit to playing an enhanced role in a partnership approach to encourage responsible drinking;

6/ A re-enforced code of conduct for players and officials;

Guest juvehearts

were not going along with anything because we dont know what this 6 point plan is yet

they havent disclosed the information yet

See the media have fallen into line very quickly - listening to "Papertalk" on BBC Radio Scotland and the attention seems to be swinging away from thos being purely an Old Firm problem onto this being a pan Scotland problem. Why is it that nobody here really wants to get to grips with this problem properly - the media, the police and now politicians all running scared of the old Firm. What a pityful society we live in here.

See the media have fallen into line very quickly - listening to "Papertalk" on BBC Radio Scotland and the attention seems to be swinging away from thos being purely an Old Firm problem onto this being a pan Scotland problem. Why is it that nobody here really wants to get to grips with this problem properly - the media, the police and now politicians all running scared of the old Firm. What a pityful society we live in here.

good question, good answer.

1/ The creation of a stand-alone pan-Scotland police football intelligence unit as part of the ongoing review of police forces in Scotland;

2/ Greater enforcement of existing legislation to deal with sectarianism and drink related offences;

3/ The establishment of a task force comprising senior police officers, government representatives and club security personnel to deliver more consistency in policing of football matches across Scotland;

4/ A detailed academic study into the extent of the linkage of football to violent crime committed domestically and in the community;

5/ Celtic and Rangers will commit to playing an enhanced role in a partnership approach to encourage responsible drinking;

Is this a guess?

sad times for the game to be honest. they had a real chance to do something and failed it would appear

oh well

on a side note, just had a mate from work "defriend" me on pussbook cos i told a few home truths

hahahahaha

What's that got to do with the OF ?

So the polis are going to do what they're paid to do - finally.

What's that got to do with the OF ?

Unebelievable : after years being sponsored by Carling/Tennents/McEwans.

So the SFA are going to do what they're paid to do - finally. But not this time. So after shameful scenes in which OF managers go toe to toe and the Sellick asst manager goes out of his way to start a fight , no punishment ? Have the SFA actually said if there is going to be an inquest into what happened off the pitch that night. Serious question.

1/ The creation of a stand-alone pan-Scotland police football intelligence unit as part of the ongoing review of police forces in Scotland; As long as they are old squirm friendly

2/ Greater enforcement of existing legislation to deal with sectarianism and drink related offences;But do not look at the old squirm for the cause of this.

3/ The establishment of a task force comprising senior police officers, government representatives and club security personnel to deliver more consistency in policing of football matches across Scotland;as long as they are old squirm friendly

4/ A detailed academic study into the extent of the linkage of football to violent crime committed domestically and in the community; Where is the carpet

5/ Celtic and Rangers will commit to playing an enhanced role in a partnership approach to encourage responsible drinking you have to be joking.

6/ A re-enforced code of conduct for players and officials; that do not play for the old squirm

Unfortunately all they have done is turned the spotlight as wide as possible in order to de-focus attention from themselves, whilst pretending to be contrite. Expect fans from other clubs to be the first to bear the brunt of this 'new approach'.

Certainly DO NOT expect the figures for linking football with domestic violent crime to focus just on the bigot brothers. :down:

colinmaroon

It's a real Pumpkin into "Carriage for the Ball" moment in Scottish Football!

The question is, How long do non-Uglies fans have to suffer before everyone realises that the Carriage is still really a pumpkin!!!"

Midnight, of course but in what century?

There has never been a creature in Scottish football so odious as 'Doctor' 'Lord' Reid.

So long as he is involved at Celtic they will continue to stoke up the fires of this pointless fight.

Archived