The OF nonsense aftermath and hangover ...

jambovambo

If you care to look at the current debates consuming trees and creating newsprint, there seems to be three factions :

•  
  • The Celtic "view" that Neil Lennon is a lovely man, who doesn't deserve all this, and it's a Rangers plot
  • The Rangers stance, that Alastair is a lovely man, El Hadji Djouf is just a passionate guy, and Neil Lennon is the Devil incarnate
  • A 3rd view, that the Government should keep its nose out, as it ought to have more important things to deal with (see e.g. Andy Walker)

I haven't seen anything in the papers, trying to explain what it is like to be a supporter of one of Scotland's other teams, and thereby a non-supporter of the OF, and how we'd be really quite happy if the OF didn't exist, and Scotland got the football league it deserved (within a small nation - fairly Mickey Mouse, but a level playing field, at least, and one not burdened with hatred, bigotry and violence).

Genghis Khan

If you care to look at the current debates consuming trees and creating newsprint, there seems to be three factions :

•  
  • The Celtic "view" that Neil Lennon is a lovely man, who doesn't deserve all this, and it's a Rangers plot
  • The Rangers stance, that Alastair is a lovely man, El Hadji Djouf is just a passionate guy, and Neil Lennon is the Devil incarnate
  • A 3rd view, that the Government should keep its nose out, as it ought to have more important things to deal with (see e.g. Andy Walker)

I haven't seen anything in the papers, trying to explain what it is like to be a supporter of one of Scotland's other teams, and thereby a non-supporter of the OF, and how we'd be really quite happy if the OF didn't exist, and Scotland got the football league it deserved (within a small nation - fairly Mickey Mouse, but a level playing field, at least, and one not burdened with hatred, bigotry and violence).

There is a 4th view - mine.

I don't give a toss about either faction or the politicians - they can all burn in Hell, either together or separately - you choose! :ninja:

Sell some paps, brush it under the carpet, hand out weapons next OF game and let them play it as a death match.

Sell some paps, brush it under the carpet, hand out weapons next OF game and let them play it as a death match.

Simples.jpg

scottish_chicP

Now that sounds like good TV! :thumbsup:

well I'm delighted that the police and the Govt have put their oar in as now the SFA will have to act and punish the clubs. If the SFA had the balls to take action against them before now then we wouldn't have the police or Govt involvement. Instead we have some people who think they are untouchable.

I am sick of Celtic in particular. How ridiculous is it to claim that there is an agenda against Lennon when people complain rightly about his behaviour. If the man stops acting like a couple and utter bawbag then he will find that practically all complaints will cease.

well I'm delighted that the police and the Govt have put their oar in as now the SFA will have to act and punish the clubs. If the SFA had the balls to take action against them before now then we wouldn't have the police or Govt involvement. Instead we have some people who think they are untouchable.

I am sick of Celtic in particular. How ridiculous is it to claim that there is an agenda against Lennon when people complain rightly about his behaviour. If the man stops acting like a couple and utter bawbag then he will find that practically all complaints will cease.

It's bad enough there being one Neil Lennon ... (Predictive text malfunction ?)

colinmaroon

The part of the dialogue that encourages me is the comment that they play each other too often and that has to change!

16 team league back on the agenda?

I live in hope!

It's bad enough there being one Neil Lennon ... (Predictive text malfunction ?)

Dunno how that happened old age I guess :teehee:

Maybe there is two though, the sane loveable chap away from football (disclaimer - I have never met him), but a wee swig of the Buckie in the dugout and its Mr Snarly chops :rolleyes:

alwaysthereinspirit

Watched Fox Soccer Saturday. Its either out off Canada or Los Angeles. Was informed by some **** that although Scottish people support their local football team they ALL still support either Rankgers or Celtic.:verymad:

bean counter

•  

I think we will see a lot more of the 3rd view being rolled out in the press,( today we have Richard Gough in the Scotsman ) all telling us that this is the way it has always been and will be and the current condemnation is an overreaction should be left to die down and the OF left to sort things out themselves. They have had over 100 years and still can?t do it.

Yesterday saw a meeting between Celtic and Rangers at Hampden. Why do they need to meet each other before today?s meeting? Is it to get their stories straight? And decide what they want from the authorities and what they will accept being imposed on them

Both sides know that they need each other and anyone interfering with their cosy cartel is bad news for them both.

Do you think the fans realise how closely they work together, if they did surely there would be fewer problems

The Treasurer

Watched Fox Soccer Saturday. Its either out off Canada or Los Angeles. Was informed by some **** that although Scottish people support their local football team they ALL still support either Rankgers or Celtic.:verymad:

Sadly that is a view widely held outside of Scotland.

Often if I've been speaking to people on holiday and if the subject of football comes up the usual question is "which do you support, rankgers or sellik"

They always seem quite confused when I say I support Hearts and actually hate the OF

Mid Calder Jambo

What concerns me is that whatever is decided today at "The Summit" will then apply to all football fans in Scotland. We are automaticlly tarred with the Old Firm brush and any draconian measures taken to try and stamp out the Old Firm problem will be forced on us all.

Remember, it wasn't the fans that started the nonsense last week at Parkhead, it was the players and management, but once again we will get hit with the same punishments. Would stopping fans drinking on buses before the game last Wednesday stopped what happened. I think not.

Let us all use this opportunity to get what the real fans want and that is to make going to and watching football part of an overall experience. Let's get drink back into the grounds, the clubs would love the revenue. Lets stop this nonsense of no drink on buses so many hours before a game, clubs just leave early to get there for opening time or have arrangements with "social clubs" to drink. Lets start really getting tough with the bigots on the terrace and get them out. Lets start only selling the Old Firm the same percentage of tickets that they give us for their home games. Take the financial pain for a shortwhile and it will sure help to deal with the problem.

We don't want the Old Firm, period. We want to play the teams but we don't want their hoardes of inbreds invading our towns and high streets and behaving like they own the jungle. The Police are responsible for public order outwith the grounds so DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT and start lifting them in droves. They will soon get the message.

We, as genuine fans, have to fight our corner or sure as hell we will all get what is coming to the Old Firm. Rangers and Celtic do not represent Scottish football, we must not let them continue to hijack it for their own ends.

Mark

southside1874

You can take the teams away but the folk who support the teams will still exist.

I'm afraid to say that Hearts have done Scotland a bad service by lobbying the SFA to allow Hibs to be members. Without that action we would not be in this predicament.

The English FA called it correct by not allowing the Irish immigrants to form football teams :whistling:

There's a hot potato to add to the debate :lol:

jamboinglasgow

What concerns me is that whatever is decided today at "The Summit" will then apply to all football fans in Scotland. We are automaticlly tarred with the Old Firm brush and any draconian measures taken to try and stamp out the Old Firm problem will be forced on us all.

Remember, it wasn't the fans that started the nonsense last week at Parkhead, it was the players and management, but once again we will get hit with the same punishments. Would stopping fans drinking on buses before the game last Wednesday stopped what happened. I think not.

Let us all use this opportunity to get what the real fans want and that is to make going to and watching football part of an overall experience. Let's get drink back into the grounds, the clubs would love the revenue. Lets stop this nonsense of no drink on buses so many hours before a game, clubs just leave early to get there for opening time or have arrangements with "social clubs" to drink. Lets start really getting tough with the bigots on the terrace and get them out. Lets start only selling the Old Firm the same percentage of tickets that they give us for their home games. Take the financial pain for a shortwhile and it will sure help to deal with the problem.

We don't want the Old Firm, period. We want to play the teams but we don't want their hoardes of inbreds invading our towns and high streets and behaving like they own the jungle. The Police are responsible for public order outwith the grounds so DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT and start lifting them in droves. They will soon get the message.

We, as genuine fans, have to fight our corner or sure as hell we will all get what is coming to the Old Firm. Rangers and Celtic do not represent Scottish football, we must not let them continue to hijack it for their own ends.

Mark

Agreed. I would like to see fans of all non-of clubs have banners condemning the gruesome twosome and trying to raise awareness of non-of clubs, maybe something like "its our league too" or "the old firm, ruining things for the rest of us since 1891" (the first year of a Scottish league)

Agreed. I would like to see fans of all non-of clubs have banners condemning the gruesome twosome and trying to raise awareness of non-of clubs, maybe something like "its our league too" or "the old firm, ruining things for the rest of us since 1891" (the first year of a Scottish league)

That is a great idea ...

jamboinglasgow

That is a great idea ...

After hearing on the radio today another Celtic fan claiming its unfair to label them as part if the old firm as Rangers are thugs and bigots, not Celtic. I would like a banner for Celtic fans.

"celtic fans, you are part of the old firm, get over it"

Frankenstein Jambo.

woman-with-unibro-spot-on-head-and-yellow-teeth-poor-boyfriend.jpg

On reflection, she aint to bad considering she is neil lennons daughter.

Sterling Archer

Let's get drink back into the grounds, the clubs would love the revenue.

While I agree with alot of what you've said, I can't agree with this.

Mid Calder Jambo

While I agree with alot of what you've said, I can't agree with this.

Privately, the Police would love to have regulated drinking back in the grounds as it allows them to keep tabs on supporters more easily. Clubs would also welcome the revenue. I, personally, can't see where the problem is. Have a drink in the BMC, the Station, Stratties, or wherever or have a drink in the ground. No difference to what happens now. I would love Hearts to benefit from what we spend on a drink prematch.

Works in England.

There's a limit to how many pints you can queue for, and still see the game.

Might reduce the amount of "pre-loading", and "one for the road" done.

However it will never ever happen.

itsnomarooned

You can take the teams away but the folk who support the teams will still exist.

I'm afraid to say that Hearts have done Scotland a bad service by lobbying the SFA to allow Hibs to be members. Without that action we would not be in this predicament.

The English FA called it correct by not allowing the Irish immigrants to form football teams :whistling:

There's a hot potato to add to the debate :lol:

Alternatively, this is a stupid post which adds hee-haw to the debate.

The part of the dialogue that encourages me is the comment that they play each other too often and that has to change!

16 team league back on the agenda?

I live in hope!

Having such a scenario forced through by the authorities is probably the only way we're going to see anything other than Doncasters 'vision' of a 10 team league.

Cant see the Govt / Fuzz wanting to go that far though so you might get one Midweek tie to show they mean business :rolleyes:

jambopompey

Lets stop this nonsense of no drink on buses so many hours before a game, clubs just leave early to get there for opening time or have arrangements with "social clubs" to drink.

Mark

would you not need to attend away games to know that

Alba gu Brath

I think we will see a lot more of the 3rd view being rolled out in the press,( today we have Richard Gough in the Scotsman ) all telling us that this is the way it has always been and will be and the current condemnation is an overreaction should be left to die down and the OF left to sort things out themselves. They have had over 100 years and still can?t do it.

Yesterday saw a meeting between Celtic and Rangers at Hampden. Why do they need to meet each other before today?s meeting? Is it to get their stories straight? And decide what they want from the authorities and what they will accept being imposed on them

Both sides know that they need each other and anyone interfering with their cosy cartel is bad news for them both.

Do you think the fans realise how closely they work together, if they did surely there would be fewer problems

Apologies for dropping in late but agree with this totally. The Ugly Sisters have a vested interest in stoking the hatred - not just fitba rivalry - hence we get Rangers and their Orange away tops now and then, the Dambusters and cac like that being played at Ibrox, Celtic refusing to get over their Irish roots (even most Hibees accept that they're Scots) and seeing offence everywhere. Most Celtic supporters I've met are neither Irish nor from Glasgow. They adopt Celtic to the detriment of their local team and then adopt all the paranoia that comes with it. Ditto Rangers fans and all the Loyalist boolshoit. Many Celtic fans are neither Irish nor Catholic and most Rangkers fans wouldn't know a church from a school classroom.

If it takes politicians to step in and sort it out, then good.

Wonder if the Hunnies are happy about the Royal wedding though?! And will John Reid be there - now he's a Baron of the British state?!

http://tocasaid.blogspot.com/2010/11/multicultural-wedding.html

Archived