Shooting towards the Gorgie Stand in first half

heartsfc_fan

heartsfc_fan

...bad luck IMO.

:down:

Killie won the toss the last time when they won 3-nil and they did the same. They chose to shoot towards their fans in the first half.

Jam Tarts 1874

...bad luck IMO.

Killie won the toss the last time when they won 3-nil and they did the same. They chose to shoot towards their fans in the first half.

I wonder if it does make any difference to the players. It always feels odd when a visiting team changes the norm.

Maybe someone has some stats........?

heartsfc_fan

Could just be coincidence, but I had a bad feeling when I saw that.

The guy next to me had his head in his hands when he saw the players change sides before the first whistle...maybe he knew something we didn't :ermm:

jamboinglasgow

Could just be coincidence, but I had a bad feeling when I saw that.

I do wonder if Killie decided to do it as a psychological thing. Something Mixu gets his players to do. Break the oppositions norm.

I do wonder if Killie decided to do it as a psychological thing. Something Mixu gets his players to do. Break the oppositions norm.

Its always the same when we play to the Gorgie stand in the first half and as far as I can remember Mixu alwayays played his team that way when we played the hibbees

Of course they do. Why else would they do it?

Pretty sure Elvis got sellick to change ends when he played for them at Tynie.

I'd be interested to know our record when we have to shoot towards the Gorgie Stand in the first half. I can barely remember us winning when we have to do that.

heartsfc_fan

I'd be interested to know our record when we have to shoot towards the Gorgie Stand in the first half. I can barely remember us winning when we have to do that.

I think we may have played Hamilton (over a year ago) and beat them 2-0 shooting to the gorgie (?)

If you ask me it's extremely bad chat and pretty unsporting. Its snide. Don't know why but it just is. Not surprising that the manager of the team in is a fat, hibby bas.

Silvery_Moon

I think we may have played Hamilton (over a year ago) and beat them 2-0 shooting to the gorgie (?)

We beat Hibs last season 2-1 at Tynecastle shooting towards the Gorgie Road End 1st half. Apart from games against the old firm (who haven't switched ends that much) we've had a fairly decent record when shooting that way 1st half. I struggle to recall many games we have lost against non old firm teams when we've been playing that way - that is of course until the two games v Killie this season. I'm basing this on all games since 1997 (when we started choosing to shoot to Gorgie Road 2nd half). If you press me I could find more examples.

I think it can sometimes make a psychological difference and Hearts have done it often enough to teams like Hibs over the years although not since big Zal scored the winner when we ruined their league cup party.

However I don't think that is why we lost the game yesterday. I think Killie would have won that game wherever we'd been playing and whatever direction we'd been shooting!

So a top scottish football team get spooked and cant play to their capabilities,because they arent comfortable shooting in one direction at a certain time?

Deary me.

Zerothehero

I've always associated this with bad results. It probably happened a few years ago and it stuck with me but I choose to believe it's FACT.

Even Zali wanted to shoot towards Gorgie in the 2nd half.

I noticed that too. I took him about 10 seconds to realise. :lol:

Does it make any difference? It just seems strange at the time.

Deans Jambo

Alex Ferguson's Aberdeen used to like to switch us around back in the 80's although our preference was to shoot towards the school end 2nd half. Bloody Fergie and his mind games even then.

Silvery_Moon

I think Partick did this to us in our 2006 Cup run.

That's right - and we won.

Hibs also did it to us in this game back in 1997 which we (also) won. Interestingly they didn't do it again till 2009 but we've done it loads of times to them to be fair!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5og6K-vRnd8

Archived