Eremenko

Tazio

What exactly happened? I was busy shouting at someone else and missed the start off the incident.

Have to be impressed by his courage though, he spent all of the time as he was leaving the pitch offering out Big Zal.

He should have received a straight red for his comical backward 30yard stumble after Zals push on him.

What exactly happened? I was busy shouting at someone else and missed the start off the incident.

Have to be impressed by his courage though, he spent all of the time as he was leaving the pitch offering out Big Zal.

It looked like he went in late on Temps, Zal ran up to remonstrate and got butted, then Templeton ran up and shoved Eremenko in the face before Zal had time to react. I was a long way away though.

He should have received a straight red for his comical backward 30yard stumble after Zals push on him.

It was Temps who pushed him bud.

It was Temps who pushed him bud.

I'll stand corrected.

The referee showed some good consitency in only booking Temps as he only booked Bryson for same in first half.

Templeton was lucky not to be sent of as well.

Yeah said that to my mate as he was booked & kicked someone when they were running past him! Some boy behind me was screaming at the ref saying it was a dive!! Very lucky not to go off

Snake Plissken

Raised his hand to the face of Zal.

Straight red.

No doubt about it whatsoever, it was right in front of me.

just before he fouled temps and the wee stramash, eremenko body checked zaliukas, pushing his elbow into zals chest in the process.

don't know if that had any impact on the refs decision to red card him.

Eremenko took an age to leave the park.

He was wanting a square go with Zal. That would have been the highlight.

dalkeithjambo

Zal did retaliate, he had eremenko by the throat from what I seen, then Temps had a go as well.

dalkeithjambo

Zal didnt raise his hands.

I'm sure he did, unless I was seeing things. It was because of this that I thought he'd see red as well. Surprised it was only a yellow tbh.

Moving off topic, let's be clear, again, Eremenko is vastly overrated on this site.

He has some nice touches and is capable of looking like he has an extra second on the ball like a lot of good midfielders do.

But ineffective for big parts of the game.

Moving off topic, let's be clear, again, Eremenko is vastly overrated on this site.

He'd be better if he lost about a stone.

He has some nice touches and is capable of looking like he has an extra second on the ball like a lot of good midfielders do.

But ineffective for big parts of the game.

Very much a player that threatens to be a player. The odd nice touch and the odd flash of ability is not enough IMO. Certainly, not enough for us to laud him so highly and suggest we spend a six/seven figure sum buying him.

He'd be better if he lost about a stone.

Just one?

rossthejambo

Totally agree, some people on here have him as a potential player of the year. blink.gif

Thunderstruck

I liked Zal blowing him a kiss as Eremenko was at the finger pointing at him on his way to the tunnel.

I think he was actually waiting to see what colour of card Zal got because when Zal only got a yellow he started shaking his head and laughing trudged off the park. He can't have any complaints about it though although Templeton was extremely lucky to stay on the park.

dalkeithjambo

Poor sending off.

If he went Zal had to also for grabbing his throat.

I'm glad someone else saw that, was pretty sure he grabbed him by the throat.

jambos are go!

Agree that we were unlucky to have neither Zal or Temps sent off. Incidently many a referee would have sent off Rudi for his elbow led challenge that only earned a booking.

Don't let one or two games cloud your judgement. The boy is very good.

His passing was poor today but he more than made up for that by scoring.

Eremenko went in heavy on two players (Zaliukas and Templeton, I think) with hefty shoulder charges. After the second, he squared up to Zaliukas, and both went head to head. I think Eremenko then pushed Zaliukas. Templeton came in, and pushed Eremenko in the chest.

Eremenko's red card was probably harsh, but he had clearly lost the head in the series of incidents above.

Zaliukas' yellow card was probably fair. I don't recall him doing much other than squaring up, and perhaps reacting to Eremenko's shove by raising his hands slightly.

Templeton could easily have been sent off for steaming in, and raising his hands. However, as Bryson was given a yellow earlier in the game (he pushed Skacel), a red would have been inconsistent refereeing (not that two wrongs make a right).

Cant wait until i see it again on TV as i thought i seen,

Ermilenko, attempt a head butt, at least pushing his head forward(may have been head to head with Zal)

Zal then grabs him by the throat a shoves him away, then wee temps gets involved and shoves him again.

Think at least 1 hearts player should have gone for an early bath , but hey, its not like we normally get a Refs desision going in our favour.

Cant wait until i see it again on TV as i thought i seen,

Ermilenko, attempt a head butt, at least pushing his head forward(may have been head to head with Zal)

Zal then grabs him by the throat a shoves him away, then wee temps gets involved and shoves him again.

Think at least 1 hearts player should have gone for an early bath , but hey, its not like we normally get a Refs desision going in our favour.

This is pretty much what I remember seeing on TV at the time. Except, as I mention above, Eremenko's overly-aggressive challenges started off the chain of events.

Yes, by the letter of the law, Zaliukas and Templeton should probably have been sent off for raising their hands. And thus, Kilmarnock should have been playing with a maximum of 10 men from about the 20th minute onwards, as Bryson only received a yellow for an unprovoked shove on Skacel.

Don't let one or two games cloud your judgement. The boy is very good.

His passing was poor today but he more than made up for that by scoring.

To be fair, FJ, that is exactly what those on here did, the day Kilmarnock last beat us.

I'm sorry guys abd girls but what game were you watching? Zal took the ball up the park and was barged in the back by Eremenko who then halved temps. Zal then went to Eremenko to see what his problem was and they went head to head. EREMENKO then grabbed Zal by the throat not the other way around and temps pushed him away to which Eremenko fell over like a fud. Start watching the game folks instead of rustling ur sweet wrappers!

Seymour M Hersh

Just goes to show why on CSI they say eye witness evidence is the least accurate. Everyone seems to see a different incident. I was too far away to see what took place and will await Televisual evidence to make a decision.

Mr Brightside

Eremenko grabbed Zal by the throat which is why he got the red. Zal was furious but never raised his hands.

Temps then pushed Eremenko in the chest and got a yellow for it. Similar to Bryson who pushed Rudi in the first half.

OMG by the differing stories as to what went on - if it was a court case it would be a night mare!!!

Yellow cards all round, take their handbags off them and get on with the game. Forget the Pantyliner nonsense as well. Game would/should have been going again inside a minute instead of the 4 and a half that elapsed between foul being committed and foul being taken.

Eremenko grabbed Zal by the throat which is why he got the red. Zal was furious but never raised his hands.

Temps then pushed Eremenko in the chest and got a yellow for it. Similar to Bryson who pushed Rudi in the first half.

pretty much spot on. Eremenko also started it by kicking Temps off the ball, which is why Zaliukas squared up to him.

He should have received a straight red for his comical backward 30yard stumble after temps push on him.

04stramash011.gif

The People's Chimp

Poor sending off.

If he went Zal had to also for grabbing his throat.

I thought it was poor as well; missed the game for a family party, but from the highlights, if that's a red then temps and zal should have walked as well. The ref should have flashed three yellows and calmed the whole thing down. I'd say we were pretty lucky not to have our depleted squad further decimated by suspensions.

he'll presumably now miss Killy's next league game. away at Rangers.

shall i tell the paranoid masses of the east end or will you .....

he'll presumably now miss Killy's next league game. away at Rangers.

shall i tell the paranoid masses of the east end or will you .....

Killie are appealing against the sending off - so maybe not.

Quite what grounds they are basing an appeal on I dunno.... harsh or not, the boy raised his hands to Zal's face. Soft or not, its a sending off.

I thought it was poor as well; missed the game for a family party, but from the highlights, if that's a red then temps and zal should have walked as well. The ref should have flashed three yellows and calmed the whole thing down. I'd say we were pretty lucky not to have our depleted squad further decimated by suspensions.

Likewise Bryson and possibly Rudi

My view at the time was that Zali was very, very lucky not to walk. My faither sits beside me - had the exact same angle of view - and he disagreed.

Guess the highlights will help solve this family squabble :thumbsup:

I'm sorry guys abd girls but what game were you watching? Zal took the ball up the park and was barged in the back by Eremenko who then halved temps. Zal then went to Eremenko to see what his problem was and they went head to head. EREMENKO then grabbed Zal by the throat not the other way around and temps pushed him away to which Eremenko fell over like a fud. Start watching the game folks instead of rustling ur sweet wrappers!

We have a winner. It was the tackle on Temps that got him the red card, and rightly so.

Commander Harris

happened right in front of me. Zal went to pull eremenko up for his shocking tackle, they squared up, eremenko butted zal (just a wee nod really) - Zal returned the favour with a nod then grabbed eremenko's throat - eremenko grabbed Zal's throat. Then temps came in and pushed Eremenko.

Zal could easily have gone for that but I presume the referee took the opinion that Eremenko was the instigator and thus got the more severe punishment (though this is often the other way round in football!)

FAIL :whistling:

Durham Jambo

I was sitting at the half way line. From my angle, Eremenko made a butting motion at Zal right at the start of the melee. Watch the highlights on the BBC site. Just as it all kicks off Eremenko definitely moves as if to butt Zal. The linesman was right in front of me and he ran over at this point. I'm assuming he saw the butting motion as well and told the ref (not the it's like officials to get the decisions right.

My understanding of the rules is that any unnatural movement of the head towards an opponent is viewed as violent conduct and a straight red.

Zal & Temps were lucky to stay on though.

Archived