Zander Diamond Poll

Chad Sexington

573 members have voted

1. 1. Would Zander Diamond be a Good Signing for Hearts?

I don't mind the fact that one of our Scottish Cup heroes had the same nickname as a Muppet but I draw the line there. We would be taking comedy to a level that it would no longer be funny if we signed this real life Muppet. He is a bigot who is seriously injury prone and most important of all is crap. Let's bring this thread to an end sharpish by making it clear that he would add absolutely nothing to the value of the club, both on and off the park, and more than likely would prove to be a serious liability. We showed a touch of class by getting Webster back, let's not go and spoil that by even entertaining the thought of signing this Clown.

Without a doubt - NO.

Chad Sexington

Still waiting on any of the Yes's giving a valid reason why they think he would be a good signing. :blink:

I've not voted, but he wouldn't be any worse than a squad player to cover for injuries. I assume Polish Dave and Bouzid will be away at the end of the season, leaving just Webster and Zaliukas as our centre-halves.

I have voted undecided.

If he signs, I reserve my right to change to "yes" and if he doesn't sign, I reserve my right to change to "no".:thumbsup:

My reason for voting "yes", should I do so, is that JJ can, ahem, polish a turd. We have seen that before on more than one occasion. I know that Kickback will disagree, but Zaliukas sticks out as a recent one.

scottish_chicP

I think the Yes men are away having a wee word with themselves.

They definitely should be!

Gigolo-Aunt

Yes.

A few years back he was a decent defender IMO and kind of lost his way. I think JJ could get him back on track.

The bonus ball is it will piss off half of Kickback - which gets me through the night.

Make it so.

geek.gif

I can't decide. The man is a complete and utter welt and is currently at best hopeless. However Jefferies has made many a shit player come good. If he signs and plays like he did 5+ years ago then fantastic and we'll all forget about these pictures but if not :ninja:

girvanjambo

Are we really resigned to losing Zal? Bouzid is probably offski, high wages, end of contract but I'd much rather have Zal rather than Diamond.

Hearts of Vladland

Darren , Dr. Bapswent , The Doctor , Jamie-1874 , Shaggy2 , wheatfield to sheffield , Gilmertonian , Drunken , heartsfc_fan , Mothy , mahgrassyshoes , ernie winchester , CM_1874 , Jake Gittes , jambovambo , fc1874 , Andy.C , jamaroon , CraigS1874 , Horatio Caine , Deevers , Primavera , Sharky999 , jojo1874 , FireHearts98 , theweeyin , jambogem , stevie , ford donald , scabber, Tynie b , gordonpetricatemyhamster , saki jambo , Maroon Tart , ally , peebles jambo , Kick-Ass , Shinzo , The Future's Maroon , MAJOR STEVE , stewartlile , Jamhammer , JamboAl , dave20 , weststand93 , sick.of.romanov , N.Barasa , dunc

NOT HEARTS SUPPORTERS.

He doesn't rate Suso but rates Diamond. :lol:

I'd rather we tried Obua than sign that thug...........................

Next to that cheating diving whinging blue nose g!t Naysmith, if there's one other player I would like to see snapped in half it's Diamond.

No Thanks!

JamboAberdeen

He might turn out to be decent player under JJ's guidance.

Remember, he is just 26 years old, still young as a defender.

So I'll reserve my judgement.

tartofmidlothian

I'm undecided.

Specifically, I think yes as a replacement for Bouzid, a back-up defender who can do a job if/when one of the others is out. But no as a replacement for Zal, our captain and one of our best players.

In short I'd sign him, but I think we need another good defender if Zal and Bouzid are going, unless Balatoni, McGowan or Barr make great strides over the next two or three months.

colinmaroon

Voted no, and it's not because he's ugly, or that he is a very unsavoury character on the pitch -

It's because he's like the hobos signing target (as per recent thread)

He's GASH!!!

Ecce Romanov

I have to say that i trust JJs judgement. He may not be any great shakes just now, but I'm sure he could be molded into a good partnership with Webster

colinmaroon

There's no such thing as Zander Diamond. It's just a story dreamed up to scare children.

I watched a classic horror a couple of weeks ago - as well as another last night!

The Swamp Thing!!!

Must have been his old man or gramps who played the monster!

I voted undecided, for the reason that zal wasn't setting the heather on fire when he 1st came and he turned out alright. :turned:

Normally with these freakish suggestions there's always at least a little but of a "but....."

I.e - if this were ratboy, the argument could be that "despite being an utterly despicable human being.... there is a footballer hidden away in there somewhere"

Or if by some miracle that I had been signed by hearts there might be some kinda debate along the kines of"he might well be utterly gash, but at least he's hearts through and though" etc etc etc.

I cant think of many folk who fall in to the "no, no and more NO" bracket. Except of course - Diamond.

As a footballer - NO.

As a human being - NO.

As someone with a shan name - NO.

As someone who's been beaten up with several dozen ugly sticks - NO.

As a celtic loving bigotted fan dan - NO.

Just no. I cant think of a single thing he would bring to hearts.

wheatfield to sheffield

As revealed in the next Dan (Paw) Brown book -

He does, however, have the all important letter Z in his name.

I can only think (off the top of my head) of four Hearts players who have sported that letter - and three of them have been in our defence this season - PalaZuelos, BouZid and Zaliukas.

And when Hearts have four Z-list defenders the prophecy will be fulfilled, the sky will turn maroon, Webster will be reborn etc etc etc

Really must get back to work now

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I voted 'undecided'.

Not sure why that means I'm not a Hearts supporter mind... Hey-Ho.

:D

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Exactly. Always a good indicator of a player's shiteness when his own fans are delighted he's on his way.

Like Webster? thumbsup.gif

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Interesting... seems JJ's not a Jambo either! :rolleyes:

:D

You forgot THE CAPITAL LETTERS!

:lol:

Your getting him for nowt so nothing to loose,don't rate the guy but then I never rated d mcpherson all those years ago and he done a great job at hearts over the years,maybe the step up may be test to far for him but he may form a partnership wi a.w at centrehalf.?

JJ thankfully playing this down... for now.

play it further down JJ. and once you reach the bottom, keep going a bit further.

A centre back pairing of No.15 and that clown....

Total-Recall-1990.jpg

Only thinking of if he signs what the **** can you do with him if he has to start,not an option i'd look forward to but it's about all you could do,apart from not sign him obviously.

Had further discussions about this with my Aberdeen supporting mate.

His view was, laughing, take him. However, after the joke he gave a little more away. Said that Aberdeen fans always felt he would become a good player but he was always prone to the odd clanger. They often remarked "once he gets older...." about those mistakes. Given he is now 25/26, they are not sure he will iron them out. He also adds that he has probably stayed too long at Aberdeen and has gone stale, thinking that he will do well when he get's a move.

One horrible bit to add, is that he has been spotted singing C*lt!c songs out and about in Aberdeen and was only saved from a battering as he was drinking with professional boxer Lee McAllister (that is his name, yeah?).

The more I think about this, I am turning on this one to be honest, I think this could be a good signing.:thumbsup:

Chad Sexington

One horrible bit to add, is that he has been spotted singing C*lt!c songs out and about in Aberdeen and was only saved from a battering as he was drinking with professional boxer Lee McAllister (that is his name, yeah?).

:facepalm:

My dislike for this odious buffoon has just risen by 27% :verymad:

If we sign him and I voted NO!, it had better be after the 2011/12 team photo. Don't want to frighten the kids.

rudi must stay

voted yes, he's a good experienced SPL player that we could get for nothing. Webster may well bring him on as a player as well, similar to Kenneth at Dundee Utd.

Archived