Paris

future is maroon

future is maroon

Planning to head over to Paris in the coming months for a quick tour of the sights.

Anyone recommend any decent/cheap city centre hotels?

Still undecided whether to get the Eurostar or plane?

Any advice appreciated.

Buffalo Bill

I stayed here and it was fine, very handy for places to eat and drink at night locally, and close to the Metro and the city centre.

Hotel Lyon Mulhouse

Creepy Lurker

I was in Paris last month.

Not sure of what sort of thing you're looking for in terms of somewhere to stay: I stayed here and loved it: very cheap but clean and friendly, free breakfast and in an amazing district. Obviously it's a hostel rather than a hotel, but I really can't recommend it highly enough.

As far as travel goes, when I was booking mine I searched high and low for cheap fares from just about anywhere in Britain to anywhere in France. Taking all of the travelling that I'd do to get to other air or ferry ports etc. into account, the cheapest way ended up being flying from Edinburgh to Paris Beauvais (which, as a Ryanair airport, is of course a good 40 minutes by bus from Paris itself).

ToadKiller Dog

Going at the start of April , Staying at a cheaper maybe not the best area 5mins from 5-minute walk from the Gare du Nord and near the Montmatre not the best area but got it 4 nights for 192 euro, Hotel looks what it is low level but across from a metro station . Used Booking.com

Flying with sleezy jet from edinburgh.

Plan to see PSG play when there.

Archived