Where to sell football programs?

HMFC4ME

A friend of mine may be looking to sell a whole load of football programs some dating back more than 35 years!

they are predominantly Chelsea but some other in there too including one from England vs West Germany .

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where they would be sold best(Besides live auction houses)?

ebay is all i can think of for now.

Also is there anyway to get them valued?

Is your friend in Edinburgh ?

If so, his best bet is to speak to Brian Johnson at Almondvale Programmes in Albion Road near Easter Road. He will value them and if they are decent, will purchase them from your friend. You can call him on 0131 652 1444. Tell him Gary recommended hm.

Just a heads up though - unless they go back a lot more than 35 years, they arent likely to be worth much - programmes only start to have real value from about 1960 backwards save for the odd few rarities.

Any Hearts stuff in there :whistling:

GC

A friend of mine may be looking to sell a whole load of football programs some dating back more than 35 years!

they are predominantly Chelsea but some other in there too including one from England vs West Germany .

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where they would be sold best(Besides live auction houses)?

ebay is all i can think of for now.

Also is there anyway to get them valued?

There is a shop in Leith :yucky: that buys and sells footie programmes. Its called Almondvale i think. Just google that and think it will come up. :thumbsup:

If so, his best bet is to speak to Brian Johnson at Almondvale Programmes in Albion Road near Easter Road. He will value them and if they are decent, will purchase them from your friend. You can call him on 0131 652 1444. Tell him Gary recommended hm.

Just a heads up though - unless they go back a lot more than 35 years, they arent likely to be worth much - programmes only start to have real value from about 1960 backwards save for the odd few rarities.

GC

He's in London at the moment but will be going to Edinburgh soon.

I'll give Almondvale a call when I've catalogued his collection, Don't think theres any Hearts ones in there though.

how does a 1975 England vs West Germany sound for an odd rarity?

Cheers

<br />He's in London at the moment but will be going to Edinburgh soon.<br />I'll give Almondvale a call when I've catalogued his collection, Don't think theres any Hearts ones in there though.<br /><br />how does a 1975 England vs West Germany sound for an odd rarity?<br /><br />Cheers<br />
<br /><br /><br />

For a game as big as that, you've got to go back a lot earlier than 1975 I am afraid.

Almondvale has got one for sale for the princely sum of ?1 so I dont imagine he will even be in the market to buy another.

There's also a couple of dozen on e-bay at less than a pound.

Sorry

GC

GC

Sorry to muscle in on the OP here but i've got loads of Hearts programmes.I've phoned Brian but never got round to printing a list etc.

Had the 0-7 derby programme but got rid of it to a Hibby relative.Some early fifties,sixties etc.Last League winning programme(away to St Mirren,60').Stuff like that.

Sorry to muscle in on the OP here but i've got loads of Hearts programmes.I've phoned Brian but never got round to printing a list etc.

Had the 0-7 derby programme but got rid of it to a Hibby relative.Some early fifties,sixties etc.Last League winning programme(away to St Mirren,60').Stuff like that.

Hey Boab

Are you wanting to sell ? Am happy to look at the list and see whether there's anything there I want. Otherwise, I'd go to Brian

GC

Hey Boab

Are you wanting to sell ? Am happy to look at the list and see whether there's anything there I want. Otherwise, I'd go to Brian

GC

Give me a couple of days to write a list and i'll get back to you,mate.

Say What Again

He's in London at the moment but will be going to Edinburgh soon.

Wouldn't your mate be better off selling to a programme shop in London? Purely based on the notion that there's bound to more interest in Chelsea programmes down there.

I keep meaning to ask Brian if he's interested in some of mine. There's a couple I'd like to keep, but others are just taking up space in a cupboard. Got a few (one of them is really nothing more than a newspaper) from a tour of NZ in '75. I can't imagine there are too many of them kicking about. In saying that, the newspaper type thing may be worth ?0.

The Old Tolbooth

Wouldn't your mate be better off selling to a programme shop in London? Purely based on the notion that there's bound to more interest in Chelsea programmes down there.

I keep meaning to ask Brian if he's interested in some of mine. There's a couple I'd like to keep, but others are just taking up space in a cupboard. Got a few (one of them is really nothing more than a newspaper) from a tour of NZ in '75. I can't imagine there are too many of them kicking about. In saying that, the newspaper type thing may be worth ?0.

I would imagine something like that would be very rare mate, and probably clear off your mortgage :ninja:

:whistling:

Is it this one ?

NZ v Hearts

GC

Say What Again

Is it this one ?

NZ v Hearts

GC

It isn't.

The programme I have is this one and the newspaper type issue (I haven't looked at it for ages so may even be describing it incorrectly) is from the same tour. Possibly versus West Auckland.

Hey Boab

GC

Keep meaning to look out and file all my programmes. If I ever get round to it Gary, would you mind if I sent a copy to you and see what you thought in terms of value?

It's not really a collection as such. Just a mish mash of programmes i've got over the years

Quick question the now though. How much do you think would a copy of Willie Bauld's testimonial game v Sheffield Utd be worth? (Good condition)

Cheers

GR

Say What Again
Quick question the now though. How much do you think would a copy of Willie Bauld's testimonial game v Sheffield Utd be worth? (Good condition)

Got a signed copy of that, it's one of the couple I mentioned above that I'd keep. :thumbsup:

Another is 'A Farewell to Tommy Walker' (I think) tribute issued by Chelsea.

Keep meaning to look out and file all my programmes. If I ever get round to it Gary, would you mind if I sent a copy to you and see what you thought in terms of value?

It's not really a collection as such. Just a mish mash of programmes i've got over the years

Cheers

GR

Yeah no problem especially for a fellow Iron as well :thumbsup:

The Sheffield United is a tricky one - I'd have said about ?10 but sometimes it goes for less - the last one on e-bay sold for about ?3 though it wasnt in mint condition.

Either way, you're not going to get rich by selling it

GC

Got a signed copy of that, it's one of the couple I mentioned above that I'd keep. :thumbsup:

Another is 'A Farewell to Tommy Walker' (I think) tribute issued by Chelsea.

Yeah mine means a lot to me in terms of sentimantal value.

Never got mine signed as I got it given to me after he died but do have his signature of a bit of paper tucked inside the pages of it.

Yeah no problem especially for a fellow Iron as well :thumbsup:

The Sheffield United is a tricky one - I'd have said about ?10 but sometimes it goes for less - the last one on e-bay sold for about ?3 though it wasnt in mint condition.

Either way, you're not going to get rich by selling it

GC

Nice one cheers mate :thumbsup:

ha ha Didn't really expect to be minted with it.

I've got no idea about what the going rates are for footie programmes TBH.

I'll have to set aside some time and drag them all down from the attic and go through them.

Slightly off-topic but it might be Alvondvale Programmes-related. Can anybody list all the games Hearts have played against Spanish opposition? At Christmas, I bought what appear to be all the programmes produced for these games. These are: Zaragoza away, Atl?tico de Madrid home, Mallorca home and away, Barcelona. Apparently there was no programme for the other games. Have we played any other games against Spanish opposition?

Slightly off-topic but it might be Alvondvale Programmes-related. Can anybody list all the games Hearts have played against Spanish opposition? At Christmas, I bought what appear to be all the programmes produced for these games. These are: Zaragoza away, Atl?tico de Madrid home, Mallorca home and away, Barcelona. Apparently there was no programme for the other games. Have we played any other games against Spanish opposition?

Hope you mean Zaragoza home because as far as I am aware, there's no away programmes for the 2 away games

Other than the ones you've mentioned, there's three others

We played Valencia and Levante in pre-season in 1990 and there was a tournament programme for that

Then there were home pre-season games against Sociedad in 1991 and Osasuna in 2006 for which there were programmes for both games

Think thats it.

GC

Hope you mean Zaragoza home because as far as I am aware, there's no away programmes for the 2 away games

Other than the ones you've mentioned, there's three others

We played Valencia and Levante in pre-season in 1990 and there was a tournament programme for that

Then there were home pre-season games against Sociedad in 1991 and Osasuna in 2006 for which there were programmes for both games

Think thats it.

GC

Thanks for that.

I certainly did mean Zaragoza home.:huh:

What an idiot! I was at the Osasuna game as well and clean forgot it.

Thanks for that.

I certainly did mean Zaragoza home.:huh:

What an idiot! I was at the Osasuna game as well and clean forgot it.

Brian Johnson has that Valencia tournament on his catalogue at ?20

:thumbsup:

GC

• 2 months later...

Hey Boab

GC

Just oot the attic,cleaning it oot with her indoors......dirty,smelly,cobwebs.....but she's good wi the kids!;)

Found those programmes,loads of Hearts.If you're still interested,i'll let you know what i've got.Looking at them roughly,there's 50's,60's,70's etc up to the turn of the century.

Sorry but as for a list......:( ....i'm hopeless on computers!

Archived