Continually taking it out on the team

7628mm

Fellow JKBers I feel that we need to step back for a few moments and look objectively at how we have been behaving towards our beloved Heart of Midlothian Football Club this season.

In my humble opinion we have been venting our frustrations in completely the wrong direction.

We have this season continually vented our anger at the ?football management? and the players on the pitch during games and continued this on JKB and other forums day in day out Ad nauseum.

This is of course the easy and for most of us the logical way to show our displeasure at the current state of affairs. We react to the pathetic brand of football that we are expected to watch week in week out.

I will say again we have been directing our frustrations in the wrong direction.

We should be applying pressure to the Owner of HMFC and the way that he is running our club as he is the one and only person that has the power to change the current situation.

The blame lies squarely at the feet of Vladamir Romanov and it is to him and him alone that, we as supporters of HMFC should be directing our protestations towards.

Vlad is the man that has led us to this point and we need to direct our actions against him.

I was fairly active during the SOH period and it can be seen that with a bit of effort we the paying public can affect change.

I feel that we have now reached a point where we are pretty much accepting that what we see is what we get and can do nothing to change our sorry lot. I am personally feeling punch drunk and completely disillusioned at the moment.

However I am a great believer in people power and the ability of it to affect change.

To do nothing is to accept defeat and also to accept whatever Vladamir wishes to inflict on us.

It strikes me that most JKBers seem happy to bump their gums and batter their keyboards about the players and their performances and will do nothing to try and change what we are being offered as ?entertainment?. Let us not forget that football is the entertainment business and we are being short changed big time at the moment.

The way I see it we as supporters have 2 choices

1) Sit back and accept what we are offered by Vladamir Romanov.

2) Get active and direct our protests against Vladamir Romanov to make him change the direction that HMFC is going.

QUOTE ish ( from somewhere by someone which I can?t remember)

Far better to die trying than to never have tried at all.

The choice is ours and ours alone.

Buffalo Bill

I know what you mean mate, but I'm confident we'll get this manager in during the summer.

If that happens, I'll be happy again.

I think.

Buffalo Bill

Fellow JKBers I feel that we need to step back for a few moments and look objectively at how we have been behaving towards our beloved Heart of Midlothian Football Club this season.

In my humble opinion we have been venting our frustrations in completely the wrong direction.

We have this season continually vented our anger at the ?football management? and the players on the pitch during games and continued this on JKB and other forums day in day out Ad nauseum.

This is of course the easy and for most of us the logical way to show our displeasure at the current state of affairs. We react to the pathetic brand of football that we are expected to watch week in week out.

I will say again we have been directing our frustrations in the wrong direction.

We should be applying pressure to the Owner of HMFC and the way that he is running our club as he is the one and only person that has the power to change the current situation.

The blame lies squarely at the feet of Vladamir Romanov and it is to him and him alone that, we as supporters of HMFC should be directing our protestations towards.

Vlad is the man that has led us to this point and we need to direct our actions against him.

I was fairly active during the SOH period and it can be seen that with a bit of effort we the paying public can affect change.

I feel that we have now reached a point where we are pretty much accepting that what we see is what we get and can do nothing to change our sorry lot. I am personally feeling punch drunk and completely disillusioned at the moment.

However I am a great believer in people power and the ability of it to affect change.

To do nothing is to accept defeat and also to accept whatever Vladamir wishes to inflict on us.

It strikes me that most JKBers seem happy to bump their gums and batter their keyboards about the players and their performances and will do nothing to try and change what we are being offered as ?entertainment?. Let us not forget that football is the entertainment business and we are being short changed big time at the moment.

The way I see it we as supporters have 2 choices

1) Sit back and accept what we are offered by Vladamir Romanov.

2) Get active and direct our protests against Vladamir Romanov to make him change the direction that HMFC is going.

QUOTE ish ( from somewhere by someone which I can?t remember)

Far better to die trying than to never have tried at all.

The choice is ours and ours alone.

And your specific suggestions are??

I know what you mean mate, but I'm confident we'll get this manager in during the summer.

I think.

Buffalo Bill

I'm only 50/50 confident that we'll get the right manager in, but i'm also 50/50 worried that he'll last no longer than a season under Vlad.

It can all be sorted so easily too, little of us expect him to give us Ranieri and ?1m signings, a decent British manager and a few good signings from other SPL teams should see us compete again for 3rd spot and have a go at the Old Firm to a certain extent.

Whoever comes in MUST make Tynecastle a fortress again, it's the fans that make Tynie so intimidating, but we need to see the players give us something worth cranking up the volume for.

I'm all aboard the rollercoaster, for another season at least.

Drew Busby !

We can quite rightly have our cake and eat it, both VR AND management/players are in the firing line...

VR is ultimately responsible, the buck stops there and so on. This much 99% of us know. However he's not there on Saturdays to take the flack.

True, its not the fault of Shaggy, Korabochkov, Clum, Neilson, Kusrkis and several other Lithuanian players that they are utterly rank at their jobs. However when we have our intelligence perpetually insulted by the likes of Shaggy telling us about winning 5 in a row (didn't happen), making 3rd/Europe (can't happen), making top-six (ain't gonna happen) then you better believe that much of the heat is directed at the dugout and those on the pitch. They're easy targets becuase they're totally schecht at what they do.

Although I completely understand that this is all down to VR, my own preference is to attack whats on offer in the vain hope that it forces some final reaction from him. For example, if we lead a concerted and loud verbal attack on Saturday against Shaggy and Korby - his two remaining committee members - sufficient to make them want to throw in the towel ... then VR will have to put up or shut up once and for all on his new manager claims. And thats not impossible given how few tactical lessons have been learned in several recent humblings from Dundee United.

I'm of the school that says if you want to bring the roof down, then kick away at the foundations. And there are no more rotten foundations than whats being offered up to us in the way of so-called management and so-called professional footballers.

When can we start to get annoyed with Frail and when can we start rightly blaming him for the poor performances, poor subs, poor tactic's, poor starting eleven, poor formation, poor excuses and genral poor management? He always escape's any of the blame yet i have only seen a TINY improvement in performance's lets not forget he pick's the team, trains them, sets them up, makes the subs and we couldn't even get a shot on target on saturday!! We still play the same ( s**t ) players romanov picked and we still play the same ( s** ) formation romanov played yet every one igoners this cause he is some sort of hearts man!!

Romanov is to blame big time but shaggy cant keep hiding behind him he needs to stand up and take the blame!!!

When can we start to get annoyed with Frail and when can we start rightly blaming him for the poor performances, poor subs, poor tactic's, poor starting eleven, poor formation, poor excuses and genral poor management? He always escape's any of the blame yet i have only seen a TINY improvement in performance's lets not forget he pick's the team, trains them, sets them up, makes the subs and we couldn't even get a shot on target on saturday!! We still play the same ( s**t ) players romanov picked and we still play the same ( s** ) formation romanov played yet every one igoners this cause he is some sort of hearts man!!

Romanov is to blame big time but shaggy cant keep hiding behind him he needs to stand up and take the blame!!!

I agree. Managers live or die by the results on the park. Does Shaggy have a devine right to a perpetual honeymoon period ? Why have we never heard him say 'I got it wrong' ?

Come to think of it do ANY managers say that ?

This may sound like a Vlad sheep, which I am not.

But to put another slant on things.

VR came here with a 5 year plan, Maybe a little optomistic. But he then went about annoying the GFA with his rants. The council and those in charge of the new stand are taking too much time..

Now taking these into account the plan could be as much as two or three years out.

NOW if and it's a big IF ( imho) the new stand gets built, the increased potentional for merchantise and ticket sales will see an improvment in the playing side.

There is no point paying to improve now, as the club can't get any more people through the doors. So big wages and winning the league ( some chance) will have to wait.

IMHO we will have at least two more seasons, where middle of the league is all we can expect.

VR came here with a 5 year plan, Maybe a little optomistic. But he then went about annoying the GFA with his rants. The council and those in charge of the new stand are taking too much time..

Now taking these into account the plan could be as much as two or three years out.

NOW if and it's a big IF ( imho) the new stand gets built, the increased potentional for merchantise and ticket sales will see an improvment in the playing side.

There is no point paying to improve now, as the club can't get any more people through the doors. So big wages and winning the league ( some chance) will have to wait.

IMHO we will have at least two more seasons, where middle of the league is all we can expect.

If they build the stand and the offices (which would be likely to be empty for years) then there is a good chance that the development will never release funds for the playing side.

You can only pish with the ****** you've got.

Our players are abysmal, therefore our results will also be abysmal.

Not much Shaggy can do about that.

to put you on my ignore list for a starter:p

Genuine question!

Can I take it after posting that big ramble, you actually have no specific suggestions on the action you are advocating! :rolleyes:

You could merge 90% of the threads that are posted on Kickback into two or three megathreads.

Robbie Neilson is good/but he gives 100%.

Are you renewing your season ticket?

Will we get a manager, who will it be?

Frail is rubbish.

Who would you keep/sell, when will x,y, or z return from injury?

Think that pretty much covers everything there is to be discussed on KB at the minute.

Our current results are not abysmal! The OF are in another league from us these days.

But outwith those 2 our recent league record is great. 7 unbeaten and 5 of those were wins!

Our current results are not abysmal! The OF are in another league from us these days.

But outwith those 2 our recent league record is great. 7 unbeaten and 5 of those were wins!

Ok, ok.

Performances have been abysmal.

Draws against St Mirren and Falkirk to me are unacceptable to me and I'd class those as abysmal results.

Ok, ok.

Performances have been abysmal.

Draws against St Mirren and Falkirk to me are unacceptable to me and I'd class those as abysmal results.

Well, we fought back to get a draw against St Mirren.:P

The team and substitutes against Falkirk were outrageous though.

whatthehellisgoingon?

Maybe so, but I do believe that we have players with the ability to have us claiming 3rd place with ease, under the right management.

The standard of player at the club is not any worse than when VR took ownership, but the standard of manager may well be.

Granted he can only pish with the ****** he's got, but Shaggy is a coach and nothing more. A proper manager would get a lot more from the current players. IMHO VR is to blame, as he is responsible for Shaggy being in the hotseat and not appointing the man to take us to the next level.

Maybe so, but I do believe that we have players with the ability to have us claiming 3rd place with ease, under the right management.

The standard of player at the club is not any worse than when VR took ownership, but the standard of manager may well be.

Granted he can only pish with the ****** he's got, but Shaggy is a coach and nothing more. A proper manager would get a lot more from the current players. IMHO VR is to blame, as he is responsible for Shaggy being in the hotseat and not appointing the man to take us to the next level.

Can you tell me who will score the goals???:(

Sorry, but it's that kind of mad excuse making for Romanov that will lead to our club disappearing without trace :(

I think.

Buffalo Bill

Agreed.

If we get a manager, I'll be happy (ier).

My decision on how I feel about Vlad et al. depends on whether or not this happens.

They most certainly are abysmal!!

There are a small miniority that give 100%, some just dont have the ability the rest just dont care!! My point is Shaggy regardless of the result still receive's no flack!! Callum Elliot prob doesn't want to play up front by himself but shaggy picks him, he struggle's in that role and take's all the stick for it even tho it's Shaggy that plays him out of position!! 29ikaus prob doesn't want to play in the hole watching long balls fly over his head but again shaggy puts him there!! We still get the miko/chesney substitution every week even tho it has never once changed a match for us or indeed won us the match. We get zaliukas instead of the much prefered tall even tho tall has been more consistent and genral play has been better. And we get Elliot by himself or even worse Elliot and Mole!!

The management is abysmal as well, its not just the players!!

Auld Reekin'

Quote:

Originally Posted by lambojambo

to put you on my ignore list for a starter:p

Bit harsh is it not (whatever lambojambo's views are, or whether he's pursuing his own agenda with his reply)?

Surely this is the crux of the matter: Romanov is safely in Lithuania, Rodney hasn't been seen for many months, and neither of them - nor Lopez as far as I know - has been to a match in Edinburgh for a long, long time. It's all very well saying "we must do something", but it's not really moving the discussion forward if you yourself have no new suggestions as to what this should be.

I agree with much of what you're saying but don't see any new ideas in there or fresh angles on the problem.

Genuine question!

Can I take it after posting that big ramble, you actually have no specific suggestions on the action you are advocating! :rolleyes:

I do not pretend to have an action plan at all at this time. There have been a good few suggestions on KB over the last few months which you will no doubt be aware of.

My post was really to highlight that IMHO we are directing our anger and frustrations in the wrong direction and in fact we may actually be making the problem worse by our actions.

It is after all Vlad who has put us into this position of mediocrity (at best) by the way that he is running the football side of the club.

I feel that we need to focus more on the organ grinder rather than the monkey if you get my drift.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lambojambo

Bit harsh is it not (whatever lambojambo's views are, or whether he's pursuing his own agenda with his reply)?

Surely this is the crux of the matter: Romanov is safely in Lithuania, Rodney hasn't been seen for many months, and neither of them - nor Lopez as far as I know - has been to a match in Edinburgh for a long, long time. It's all very well saying "we must do something", but it's not really moving the discussion forward if you yourself have no new suggestions as to what this should be.

I agree with much of what you're saying but don't see any new ideas in there or fresh angles on the problem.

It is true at this time I have no new ideas but my real point was that we are simply targeting the wrong people in the players and coaching staff. As in my reply to lambojambo this may actually be causing more harm than good at this time.

I do not pretend to have an action plan at all at this time. There have been a good few suggestions on KB over the last few months which you will no doubt be aware of.

My post was really to highlight that IMHO we are directing our anger and frustrations in the wrong direction and in fact we may actually be making the problem worse by our actions.

It is after all Vlad who has put us into this position of mediocrity (at best) by the way that he is running the football side of the club.

I feel that we need to focus more on the organ grinder rather than the monkey if you get my drift.

The problem is that if the organ grinder is never around then you are only left with the monkey to vent your anger on!

Like you I have no idea on any worthwhile action we can take against Vlad to get him to change things. All we can do is try to sent him some form of signal that the natives are restless and something has to be done!

What I don't think is an option is that we all continue to turn up in numbers at games and politely applaud the total dross who are playing (and managing) our team at present - THAT sends him the wrong signal IMO.

The problem is that if the organ grinder is never around then you are only left with the monkey to vent your anger on!

Like you I have no idea on any worthwhile action we can take against Vlad to get him to change things. All we can do is try to sent him some form of signal that the natives are restless and something has to be done!

What I don't think is an option is that we all continue to turn up in numbers at games and politely applaud the total dross who are playing (and managing) our team at present - THAT sends him the wrong signal IMO.

Had similar arguements before. Many on here say we should not boo, But back the players 100%, sing when we are crap, Ect. However we must inform those in charge we are not happy. Just how you can do this and cheer a crap team is beyond me.

I think.

Buffalo Bill

I agree.

It is all that I think is wrong with the club. A semi decent manager that is allowed to assemble a squad, train a squad, pick a squad, pick a team, arrange tactics and substitutions.

With the finances put into our team, do the above and we will at very least retain our status as third best team in the country.

Archived