New laptop recommendations

redm

Hello good peoples of Kickback, have any of you been shopping for new laptops lately? Have been asked to assist a neighbour with a new purchase and I'm a bit of a blinkered Sony Vaio freak so I figured it was worth asking those who know of/about other suitable brands or who might have seen something bargainous and interesting recently. I'm not even sure where the best place is to look for these things.

It's for an older lady who won't be interested in gaming or anything like that - a good quality screen is probably important but the rest of the spec can probably be fairly standard cos she's only likely to use it for interwebbery, emailing, maybe watching DVDs and/or listening to music....that sort of stuff.

Pretty general sort of request but I really don't know the best place to look or where to begin so any recommendations most welcome. Ta for any help. :thumbsup:

Should also add that we'll probably need to buy it online rather than go wandering around shops and whatnot so any good internet shop suggestions would also be helpful.

Hello good peoples of Kickback, have any of you been shopping for new laptops lately? Have been asked to assist a neighbour with a new purchase and I'm a bit of a blinkered Sony Vaio freak so I figured it was worth asking those who know of/about other suitable brands or who might have seen something bargainous and interesting recently. I'm not even sure where the best place is to look for these things.

It's for an older lady who won't be interested in gaming or anything like that - a good quality screen is probably important but the rest of the spec can probably be fairly standard cos she's only likely to use it for interwebbery, emailing, maybe watching DVDs and/or listening to music....that sort of stuff.

Pretty general sort of request but I really don't know the best place to look or where to begin so any recommendations most welcome. Ta for any help. :thumbsup:

Why not just recommend to her what you have? The Vaio is the choice of a winner. :thumbsup:

Though if cheap and cheerful is what she's after, this website was recommended to me a while back by my landlord:

http://www.europc.co.uk/

Archived