Frail v Levein

IMA MAROON

Big game for Stevie on Saturday, on a personal level.

It looks like he has picked up more points than Levein since taking the managers job at the begining of the year so it wil be great if he can carry on doing so.

It's either Frail deserves some credit for doing so well with rubbish players

Or

The players deserve some credit for doing so well with a rubbish manager.

Which one? ;)

It does not really matter, tbh, as long as we win.

Frail is an improvement on nobody, but somebody else could easily be an improvement on Frail...and Levein would be a "somebody else" IMHO.

I think if Frail puts one over Craig on Saturday and hibs lose at Motherwell then only Celtic and Rangers have picked up more points since the turn off the year when Frail took charge.

Looking for some positives to cheer us all up.

The Mighty Thor

Of the two options you give, niether is true.

Frail is inept. He tries but he lacks the basic skill set to run a SPL side or indeed a First Division side.

The players? where to start.

Saturday will see Levein bring down a team set out to stop Hearts scoring (he could play one at the back and still stop Clum/Mole/Fat Boy finding the net) and you can bet Utd will be fired up to take the 3 points chasing 3rd place.

Our lot are on their holidays already. Well paid 7 day a week holidays.

Only one result i can see on sat.

I hope we win.

I've not been happy since that performance on Saturday there but we still have a chance of making the top six.

Saturdays defeat will demonstrate why we need a manager like Craig Levein.

Personally, he would be my number 1 choice as by signing, it would demonstrate that VR has finally accepted that his days of interfering on team matters are over.

By hiring somone like MM, we would always be suspicious about the teams that are picked.

CL really cares about the Hearts. Remember the rant after a particularly bad game about players not deserving their wages?

Oh how I wish we had a manager prepared to hammer the team for poor results.

hearts_crazy

Levein v Shaggy in a battle of footballing nous. Feck me that's a scary thought, Shaggy thought Beniusis was a bit of a player/ thinks the Sun shines out Elliot's erse, he's a clueless idiot whereas Levein is a proven Manager with good tactical awareness.

If it's down to Managerial tactics and footbal knowledge, and ability to get the players fired up then i'm afraid we're in for a bit of a doing. Frail will have Calum the wonder kid up front on his own again, if the going gets tough he will not have any idea how to get us out of it and will swap like for like or wait until we're 4-0 down before he changes anything. Craig Levein has shown time and time again that he can outwit our inept coaching staff without even trying too hard. They've banged in 4 against us at Tynie several times now and I expect them to do the same again, what's the betting Falkirk lose too.

I'm normally optimistic but even I can't see us getting anything from this one, not with Stevie (Alex Ferguson............NOT) Frail in the hot seat.

Toxteth O'Grady
Levein v Shaggy in a battle of footballing nous. Feck me that's a scary thought, Shaggy thought Beniusis was a bit of a player/ thinks the Sun shines out Elliot's erse, he's a clueless idiot whereas Levein is a proven Manager with good tactical awareness.

If it's down to Managerial tactics and footbal knowledge, and ability to get the players fired up then i'm afraid we're in for a bit of a doing. Frail will have Calum the wonder kid up front on his own again, if the going gets tough he will not have any idea how to get us out of it and will swap like for like or wait until we're 4-0 down before he changes anything. Craig Levein has shown time and time again that he can outwit our inept coaching staff without even trying too hard. They've banged in 4 against us at Tynie several times now and I expect them to do the same again, what's the betting Falkirk lose too.

I'm normally optimistic but even I can't see us getting anything from this one, not with Stevie (Alex Ferguson............NOT) Frail in the hot seat.

I like your reasoning on this issue but there is really only one way to find out whether Frail or Levein is best...

FIGHT!

harry_hill.jpg

Frail's record is actually pretty decent when you look at how poor some of the players he has had to work with - none of whom are his own signings. Having said that, the fact that he continues to pick Calum Elliot raises questions about his judgment.

Guess The Crowd

Yet another grossly unfair Frail-bashing thread I'm afraid.

The circumstances under which he's been thrown into the Hearts job (temporarily) are totally different (for reasons that we all know) from those which Levein was operating under, both at Hearts and United.

In desperately difficult circumstances (ie a mediocre squad, a season that had already gone largely down the pan, and most significantly of all perhaps a thoroughly disillusioned support - talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time) he's very much steadied the ship and conducted himself with great dignity throughout.

He may well be nothing more than a very good assistant manager (and I hope he gets the chance under McGhee, Levein or whoever - remember it was CL who brought him to Hearts) but however depressing the last 18 months have been, I believe they would have been far, far, worse without Stevie Frail.

I'm not making a case for SF to be given the job permanently (and nor is he), but why people persist with this disgusting abuse of a guy who's represented Hearts so well, both on and off the field, I have no idea.

Had to get that off my chest. Think I'll go and have a lie down now.

Sorry, the team selection, the tactics and the substitutions on Saturday said it all for me as far as Stevie frail is concerned. We put out a negative 4 - 5 - 1 formation in a home game that we had to win. Even when it was patently obvious to everyone in the stadium that we required more of a threat threat up front we continued with that formation right to the bitter end.

There is no way that Frail will be able to contrive any sort of tactical success on Saturday - he just does not have that sort of ability. If we do win the game it will because the players put in the required efforts not by any sort of tactical masterstroke from the bench.

The circumstances under which he's been thrown into the Hearts job (temporarily) are totally different (for reasons that we all know) from those which Levein was operating under, both at Hearts and United.

In desperately difficult circumstances (ie a mediocre squad, a season that had already gone largely down the pan, and most significantly of all perhaps a thoroughly disillusioned support - talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time) he's very much steadied the ship and conducted himself with great dignity throughout.

He may well be nothing more than a very good assistant manager (and I hope he gets the chance under McGhee, Levein or whoever - remember it was CL who brought him to Hearts) but however depressing the last 18 months have been, I believe they would have been far, far, worse without Stevie Frail.

I'm not making a case for SF to be given the job permanently (and nor is he), but why people persist with this disgusting abuse of a guy who's represented Hearts so well, both on and off the field, I have no idea.

Had to get that off my chest. Think I'll go and have a lie down now.

Doesn't look like you get to many games from that comment.

He has been woeful - out of two cups within a month in January, and bottled every big game he has been in charge, the exception being the derby.

On top of that he was complicit in letting Vlad pick the team and 6 defeats in a row before Jan 1st.

My final, but most important point - he runs the training yet has repeatedly lost control of the dressing room and hasn't got the players properly integrated.

4-5-1 at home against Falkirk was embarrassing.

Sorry, the team selection, the tactics and the substitutions on Saturday said it all for me as far as Stevie frail is concerned. We put out a negative 4 - 5 - 1 formation in a home game that we had to win. Even when it was patently obvious to everyone in the stadium that we required more of a threat threat up front we continued with that formation right to the bitter end.

There is no way that Frail will be able to contrive any sort of tactical success on Saturday - he just does not have that sort of ability. If we do win the game it will because the players put in the required efforts not by any sort of tactical masterstroke from the bench.

I've got to admit I wasn't at Saturday's game so maybe not best qualified to comment but I can remember the co-commentator (Allan Preston??) on the Beeb commentary going mental when Robbie (for once) got down to the bye-line and put across an excellent ball into the six yard box but there was only ONE Hearts player (Clum) in the whole penalty box.

I saw this on Scotsport on Monday night and sure enough Elliot was the only Hearts player in the box, he went up for the ball along with the United goalie and 2 defenders. The ball broke loose from them but there was no one there from Hearts to possibly score. Kingston could be seen trotting up towards the 18 yard line but there was no-one even attempting with any urgency to get in the box and pick up any loose ball.

Now whether this is tactics from Frail or just lack of interest from the players, I don't know but it is not gonna win games. If Robbie with his dynamic speed!!! can get the ball down to the bye-line, then there should be at least 3 Hearts players in the box to create problems if possible.

I hate Kris Boyd but by any god you care to name, he does get goals and mostly scrabbling them in from inside the 6 yard box, CIS Cup Final as example, as did McCoist and of course oor very ain Robbo.

I'm in two minds about Frail as he has had some success since January despite the situation he is in. His best goal-scorer being sold off and all the other problems of not having full control, of not being able to manage the team in a proper manner and to consult on a personal basis, as Levein does, with the owner of the club. I am sure if Frail was working under the same conditions that most other managers were, then things might be different.

I still get the feeling he's working with one hand tied behind his back, held very firmly by Vlad.

sandylejambo

the only thing frail would beat levien at is BEING GINGER, in every other contest frail would get his erse felt

I'm in two minds about Frail as he has had some success since January despite the situation he is in. His best goal-scorer being sold off and all the other problems of not having full control, of not being able to manage the team in a proper manner and to consult on a personal basis, as Levein does, with the owner of the club. I am sure if Frail was working under the same conditions that most other managers were, then things might be different.

I still get the feeling he's working with one hand tied behind his back, held very firmly by Vlad.

Frail is in control and has been since the begining of the year. If Hearts win he should get some credit and if we lose he should take some blame.

Frail has to make his own case by winning matches. If he can get Hearts into the top six he has a chance to pit his wits against the best managers in Scotland and show he has what it takes to take Hearts forward.

Manager bashing from the fans goes with the job.

Archived