New phone

Medico

UnworthyPapaLazaru

Im in the same boat.

Considering the N81 8GB - not as humpty as the N95, 8GB is plenty of tunes and I like taking music with me. Has a camera and plays games too. Fancy a wee change from Sony Erricson as I have had them for past two contracts.

I have the N93i exellent vid quality for a phone(30 frames per second), pic's good too. You can plug it into your TV and do anything with it on the big screen Listen to music and watch recorded vid's from your phone :). It has wifi, Push To Talk and all the latest stuff. You get a head phone attachment where you can plug in any earphones you want. I got a 20 quid pair of phillips and the sound quality's exellent, there's also an equalizer for different type's of music.

The only down side is the size but you can twist and rotate it too make it look like a camcorder, mini PC (as shown below). If you look at it like this then you would love the phone. I do!

I've got a gameboy on mines with all the classic games. I just stick it in the television an play it on the old 40 inch"

Hope i helped;)

N93i.jpg

I went and had a look today and people in all the shops were pretty much saying to avoid the Nokia N series because they have major software problems and keep crashing.

Think I'm heading towards the LG Viewty or LG KF600 - both look like really nice phones, although the touch screen on the Viewty will probably take a bit of getting used to.

was thinking of that myself

honestly, its a great phone, had it for about 2 months now and wouldn't swap it for anything else out there.

I am due a new phone in the next few weeks. Don't fancy the N95, just looks to big for me. I quite like the Sony Ericsson kin of phones aswell, they seam more fun and game and the Nokia kind seam more work.

I like the LG Viewty but its starting to get old, I am undecided on the new LG though.

UnworthyPapaLazaru

is the 960 a bit fiddily when it come to texting with the scroll wheel button press combo, effectivley meaning you need two hands to text?

chester copperpot

Always had Sony Ericsson's in my time, never any problems until I got my new K850i about 6 months ago.

Says its a 5M camera, is it brass. Apparently Sony fecked up with the software it installed in a lot of its K850i's. Mine's was one of them. Camera is crap.

Also lost the games I had downloaded, now comes up with operation failed when I try to open the games on it. I had downloaded 4 games too at a cost of ?5 each. Not the cost, its the principal, but would steer clear of the K850i.

Even after 6 months I haven't got used to the texting, the display is cluttered and ugly, and it's pretty basic in all honesty. Not a lot to it really.

For a 5mp camera as well it doesn't exactly grab me.

It's not the worse phone i've ever had but for the amount i'm paying i'll be looking for something else shortly.

Better call Saul

N95 all the way for me and its not that big , And there is nothing wrong with my software EVEN got Mrs Macc to get one she has no issues with it.

Had my N95 8Gig for 3 months now and it's never crashed once, also had an N73 for 18 months and although I did have a software issue with it I got it fixed with a software update and again it never faultered after that, it even survived being totaly submerged in a glass of water.

Doubt i'll be chanaging from Nokia for a long time, I know about 10 people who have the K850i and every single one of them have had issues with it!

is the 960 a bit fiddily when it come to texting with the scroll wheel button press combo, effectivley meaning you need two hands to text?

Took me a few days to get it sussed as it was a bit awkward at first but i dont use the wheel at all and just use the touch screen. Making one handed texting easy.

BoJack Horseman
I was looking at the Nokia 6500 slide after StOuTs thread last week.

What do you get free with that? lol

jack D and coke
Always had Sony Ericsson's in my time, never any problems until I got my new K850i about 6 months ago.

Says its a 5M camera, is it brass. Apparently Sony fecked up with the software it installed in a lot of its K850i's. Mine's was one of them. Camera is crap.

Also lost the games I had downloaded, now comes up with operation failed when I try to open the games on it. I had downloaded 4 games too at a cost of ?5 each. Not the cost, its the principal, but would steer clear of the K850i.

I got that problem with the K800i as well. After downloading the games they duplicated themselves about a dozen times each. Get the same operation failed message when even when i try to erase them. Really pished me off. 2 or 3 mates have the K850i and they all have issues with it switching itself off all the time. Went off the Sony Erricsson's.

Anybody else got the N95 8gig? Was playing around with that and it looks really quality. How easy is it to upload your movies onto it and stuff and why else would you recommend it?

marshallschunkychicken

SPV M700.

Loads of software available free and 'free' over the net, GPS, full Internet Explorer, thousands of games, touchscreen, and runs a miniSD so you can choose your storage capacity.

Only problem is Windows mobile can be as temperamental as it's PC counterpart.

Oh, and the camera is pretty decent for a 2M.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
LG Viewty.

I'm awaiting that phone. I upgraded my contract on the 20th March but due to Easter Holidays it hasn't arrived. It should arrive today.

I'm getting it due to the 5.0 Megapixel Camera, and the fact am bored senseless with Sony Ericsson phones.

I know its old (ish) now but I like it.

This is an excellent site for reading unbiased, in-depth mobile phone review, and (perhaps more importantly) comparing different makes and models of phone.

It covers every phone you can think of...

I never upgrade my mobile phone without checking info on this site:

http://www.gsmarena.com

UnworthyPapaLazaru

Just had a run in with a chav type customer services guy at carphone warehouse! Next stop, cancellations department! Wasnt getting the N81 for anything under ?30 a month...

jack D and coke
Just had a run in with a chav type customer services guy at carphone warehouse! Next stop, cancellations department! Wasnt getting the N81 for anything under ?30 a month...

Cheapest i could get the N95 was ?35 on an 18 month contract. Took it though it's a belter of a phone. Checked that website above and its averaging over 8 out of 10.

jack D and coke
Any negatives on that phone, Hughesie?

My bird's got one, don't like it at all. Camera is supposed to be 5 mp. Bag of sh*te if you ask me.

tosheeturtle

Totally stay away from the sony ericsson K850i... it's a good phone apart from the software problem which makes you want to throw it across the room when it plays up!! Can't believe they are selling the phone without warning people of the known problems!!

UnworthyPapaLazaru

After my cancellations call I got the N81 8GB with 200 mins 400 text and unlimited internet for ?25 a month. Quite happy with that, 8GB music phone suits me just fine!

Totally stay away from the sony ericsson K850i... it's a good phone apart from the software problem which makes you want to throw it across the room when it plays up!! Can't believe they are selling the phone without warning people of the known problems!!

What problems?

That's one of the phones I'm interested in...

marshallschunkychicken
What problems?

Think that's the one my girlfriend has.

If so, it freezes randomly, requiring a full reset which blanks all your numbers, texts, games etc.

It also has a tendency to hang up during phonecalls.....:rolleyes:

Camera's good though.

Think that's the one my girlfriend has.

If so, it freezes randomly, requiring a full reset which blanks all your numbers, texts, games etc.

It also has a tendency to hang up during phonecalls.....:rolleyes:

Camera's good though.

hmmm it might just be me hanging up on you though :P

it is rubbish phone and i would not recommend it to anyone...even my enemies! I got it in december and have already reset it four times. I am gonna try and get the new software for it cos apparently that fixes it!

camera is immense

tosheeturtle
What problems?

Well within a week of having it I had to take it back to the shop because the phone would just randomly freeze up all the time... to get the phone to work again you have to take the battery out then put it back in!! Its a known problem with the phone, and there is no fix for it as it something to do with the software... and sony ericsson have not released a software update for the phone yet!! However i think it only affects some of the phones... so i guess its pot luck!! But I wouldnt chance it because its so too much of a pain to deal with... which really sucks cause its actually a good phone :sad:

heartsforglory

was going to to contract but was looking for around a ?20 a month deal.could anyone reccomend?

at the moment i have the sony ericsson w810i

UnworthyPapaLazaru

Got the Nokia N81 8GB. Ive had it a few days now.

Music player is excellent quality, Im liking the Wi-Fi and I'll be getting unlimited free internest on the 4 April so I will check out the 3G speeds when it is available.

All in all, very happy at 25 a month.

Just upgraded to the new LG.

Really cool. Bit fiddly, and bulky. But I'm liking it.

Which one? KF700?

Which one? KF700?

600 i think. Its got two screens, the bottom being a touch screen, and is a slide phone with a keypad. :)

jack D and coke
I looked at that.

Still fancying the 6500 slide though.

Liked that one myself but ended up getting the N95 8gb. Felt a bit chunky at first but it's belter of phone. Music player excellent and the best photo's and video footage you've ever seen from a phone. Can hook it up to your TV for playback also. Watched the pre-installed Spiderman 3 on my tv and it's DVD like quality. Thoroughly recommended.

Liked that one myself but ended up getting the N95 8gb. Felt a bit chunky at first but it's belter of phone. Music player excellent and the best photo's and video footage you've ever seen from a phone. Can hook it up to your TV for playback also. Watched the pre-installed Spiderman 3 on my tv and it's DVD like quality. Thoroughly recommended.

Thats my other choice I think, but liking the deal with the 6500:p

Not really fussy for a music player as I have an iPod, and the camera is only really a bonus.

Archived