Arsenal v Barcelona ( merged threads )

jambo_

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Walter Bishop

Barca are just incredible at winning it back. There really isn't much difference in the teams on the ball, it's all about what Barca do off it. Arsenal stand off when they lose possession.

100% bang on. (Good to have you back) When Barca attack they have options, when they have the ball they have options,when they defend there is options and when they lose the ball they have 2 or 3 trying to win it back.

Stunning goal.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Arsenal defence laughably bad. They've played that wee through ball about 5 times ffs. Tie over.

Tremendous entertainment so far. Barcelona much better at passing and pressing, but Arsenal looking dangerous when the chance of a quick break falls to them.

Cant see where Fabregas would play in that Barca team at all, Iniesta and Xavi are a class above.

Xavi is getting on. He would be an addition rather than a starter for a couple of years. Staggering to think that but its true.

Cant see where Fabregas would play in that Barca team at all, Iniesta and Xavi are a class above.

Busquetes has been absolutely brilliant in that first half as well to be fair. Maybe he could play left back?! :D

There are definitely spaces in the Barca defence. Arsenal need at least 3 tonight if they want to go through I reckon.

Xavi is 31 now, although his game doesn't need pace there's only so many years he can keep playing. They'll want Fabregas to replace him.

I don't think they can actually afford him right now, but he'll be their next big money player.

They'd probably play Iniesta on the right of the attack where Pedro is, and put Fabregas in his position.

Plus Xavi can't go on forever, and sure he has a tendonitis problem too which was restricting the number of games he can play in a row. Although this problem seems to have subsided since the start of the season.

Can't believe I tipped Arsenal to win the first leg. Ridiculous. :vrface: :vrface: :vrface:

Arsenal are throwing absolutely everything at this, but it's almost a non-contest - and Barca have at least another couple of gears to engage if necessary. I think Wilshere's doing great: really impressed by his display in a game of this magnitude. But will Walcott ever, ever nail his final pass?

I hope the home fans stay with Arsenal: they're playing pretty well, but are being outclassed by a magnificent football team.

Xavi is 31 now, although his game doesn't need pace there's only so many years he can keep playing. They'll want Fabregas to replace him.

I don't think they can actually afford him right now, but he'll be their next big money player.

Correct. And on Five Live earlier, Sid Lowe suggested Madrid's interest in Fabregas was just mischief making designed to drive his price up even higher.

I think Wilshere's doing great: really impressed by his display in a game of this magnitude.

Couple of his passes in tight spaces were great, looks like someone who's been playing at this level for years.

Correct. And on Five Live earlier, Sid Lowe suggested Madrid's interest in Fabregas was just mischief making designed to drive his price up even higher.

We'll see what comes of this Qatar sponsorship, they might bail them out of their predicament.

Just saw the other score.

Roma 1-3 Shakhtar :o

I thought they'd do well, but that's crazy.

Barca are just ridiculously good. Arsenal lose the ball and they don't see it again for a good few minutes.

Not over yet though, but to have any chance of progressing Arsenal really need to get a win tonight.

Song needs to come off before he's sent off.

Couple of his passes in tight spaces were great, looks like someone who's been playing at this level for years.

I'll happily join in the applause for Wilshere. I think he's been excellent so far, looking around seeing what's on and what's not , trying to make sure his team keep the ball, should have a great future. Don't think he can rescue the game for Arsenal, but if anyone can..................

Just saw the other score.

Roma 1-3 Shakhtar :o

I thought they'd do well, but that's crazy.

Standard of Serie A being shown up again...

The big difference is that the Barca defence are playing well and Arsenal still look fragile at the back!

Wiltshire is excellent!

Fabregas is having an average game!

Standard of Serie A being shown up again...

Or what a Ukrainian billionaire can do for a team. :lol:

Walter Bishop

Can't believe I tipped Arsenal to win the first leg. Ridiculous. :vrface: :vrface: :vrface:

Arsenal are throwing absolutely everything at this, but it's almost a non-contest - and Barca have at least another couple of gears to engage if necessary. I think Wilshere's doing great: really impressed by his display in a game of this magnitude. But will Walcott ever, ever nail his final pass?

I hope the home fans stay with Arsenal: they're playing pretty well, but are being outclassed by a magnificent football team.

I have to say after starting a thread on Wilshere not being "all that" last week i have been impressed by him this evening he is even outshining Fabregas!

The big difference is that the Barca defence are playing well and Arsenal still look fragile at the back!

Wiltshire is excellent!

Fabregas is having an average game!

Wilshere has been different class.

Can't wait to see a midfield trio of Ramsay, Nasri and Wilshere in a couple of years time when they have cashed in on Cesc.

Or what a Ukrainian billionaire can do for a team. :lol:

Well yeah, combination of both.

Arsenal beat them 6-1 at the Emirates though!

Well yeah, combination of both.

Arsenal beat them 6-1 at the Emirates though!

Aye, fair point. :thumbsup:

There is only one Arsenal midfielder who looks like he's been brought up in the Barca way and it ain't Fabregas.

There is only one Arsenal midfielder who looks like he's been brought up in the Barca way and it ain't Fabregas.

I'm wondering what jamiej's opinion on a certain Mr Wilshere are right now.

Walter Bishop

Obviously missed that post.

:lol:

Have to say probably hadnt seen enough of him to make my "bold" statement last week, however i hope he is not hyped up by the media to be the saviour of English football as it could ruin him.

He is a footballer though and looks mare "Barca" than Fabregas tonight.

I'd go as far as to say at 19 (?) he is head and shoulders above ANY English player on the ball.

Wilshire and Rodwell will make a ******* quality midfield pairing in a few years time for England.

Archived