Arsenal v Barcelona ( merged threads )

jambo_

I fancy Arsenal to cause an upset tonight @ 3/1.... lets see if Arsene has learned how to combat Barca after losing out in last seasons quater finals when Messi scored 4 at the Nou Camp.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3/1 is very tempting tonight. I fancy Arsenal to get something out of this tonight. At least a draw.

Barca will spank them at the Camp Nou though.

I really dont think Arsene ever learns.He will again take on Barca at their own game and come unstuck.He will be loving the plaudits giving to his team right now from everyone involved at Barca about playing the game the right way etc but all it is really doing is playing into their hands.I hope I'm wrong would love to see an upset but I just can't see it.

Tough one to call.

Will Arsene have learned anything after being embarassed at the Camp Nou?

Will Barca's draw at the weekend affect their performance tonight?

One thing's for sure, it'll be great for the neutral to watch.

This is a Barca game I'm really looking forward to. As I said, can be far too predictable & one-way if they play a team who they dominate. I don't enjoy those game so much

Tonight I'd be surprised if Arsenal sat back. They'll take the game to Barca & hope they can keep it tighter @ the back & take the chances they will create

Barca win for me, early goal & it will be a couple goal winning margin

I really dont think Arsene ever learns.He will again take on Barca at their own game and come unstuck.He will be loving the plaudits giving to his team right now from everyone involved at Barca about playing the game the right way etc but all it is really doing is playing into their hands.I hope I'm wrong would love to see an upset but I just can't see it.

Harry the crook made the point last night that you don't ask forwards to defend as it's not there strong point. Aresnal have to play to thier strength tonight, which is pass and move. Last year barca should have buried us in the first half at home, but we kept it tight and Theo made a Hugh difference when he came on. Whatever happens tonight it will be a awesome game. People forget that we had lots of players missing in the second leg, but messi was on a different planet that day.

Barca are far too good so i'm going for a comfortable win for the catalan giants.

Arsenal 1 - 4 Barcelona

Barca are far too good so i'm going for a comfortable win for the catalan giants.

Arsenal 1 - 4 Barcelona

last year was a funny one. Barca, imo, played far better in the 1st leg than they did at any point in the 2nd leg but Messi took their chances in the 2nd game. It's no exaggeration to say Barca could have been 5 up at HT at the emirates and would have deserved it. the 2nd game in general play was much more even.

Over the two games Barca will have too much but I expect it to be closer than last year.

Jamtarts-1874

Barcelona do not have Puyol for tonight which is a massive blow for them, also looks like Arsenal are going to have Nasri at least on the bench. It should be a tough game but i think and hope barca will win

Barca win for me, but not by much... Watched their game at the weekend and they were not at there best, if they play like that again tonight they will def have it tough..

always find it hard to bet against Barca with the talent they have but 3-1 is a big price for Arsenal.

I think barca will take this one but it will be closer than last year where Arsenal did well to scrape a draw but then messi ate his spinnach in 2nd leg. Hope Arsenal can at least get something from the first leg again. Then there is always a chance.

rudi must stay

The 1-1 draw at the weekend Barca got shouldn't be forgotten IMO, form is a big thing in football. Arsenal have been winning too..

Xavi says Barcelona fear Arsenal more than Man Utd(surprising) or Chelsea (not surprising). He says this is due to the fact that he knows Arsenal will not give them an inch tonight and will have learned from last year.

There are a couple of key personnel changes to note also. With puyol out it means abidal at CB and Maxwell at LB. Last year Walcott ripped Maxwell to shreds. The other key area is that in Robin Van Persie Arsenal have a world class goalscorer who is bang in form and they also have a fully fit Fabregas.

Whatever happens it should be a classic between the two best passing teams on the planet.

Arsenal 2 Barcelona 0

Xavi says Barcelona fear Arsenal more than Man Utd(surprising) or Chelsea (not surprising). He says this is due to the fact that he knows Arsenal will not give them an inch tonight and will have learned from last year.

There are a couple of key personnel changes to note also. With puyol out it means abidal at CB and Maxwell at LB. Last year Walcott ripped Maxwell to shreds. The other key area is that in Robin Van Persie Arsenal have a world class goalscorer who is bang in form and they also have a fully fit Fabregas.

Whatever happens it should be a classic between the two best passing teams on the planet.

Arsenal 2 Barcelona 0

Alright teach?

Can't wait for this one. I think a lot will depend on how well arsenal close them down in the middle of the park. Song a key man for me tonight. Hard to see barcalona not scoring though so I reckon 2-1 arsenal. Agree with your comments on fabregas and van persie though. As good as anyone on there day and potential match winners.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I just can't see how Arsenal can beat Barcelona playing the way they play. They can only play one style and Barca are about 5 times better than them at it.

Should be a belter.

I don't think the loss of Puyol cannot be understated.

Pique looked lost without him at the weekend and had a shocker to be honest. Will be interesting to see how he copes without him tonight. With Alves playing as basically an auxiliary winger, Barca can be exposed at the back massively in the absence of a good CB pairing.

Arsenal can be frankly appalling at the back at times too. Should be an absolute cracker.

I cannot wait for this tonight.

Alright teach?

Can't wait for this one. I think a lot will depend on how well arsenal close them down in the middle of the park. Song a key man for me tonight. Hard to see barcalona not scoring though so I reckon 2-1 arsenal. Agree with your comments on fabregas and van persie though. As good as anyone on there day and potential match winners.

I'm good john thanks.

My head says Barca will score but my heart says no!

I've got Djourou at 75s for first scorer and Wilshere at 40s. Fingers crossed!

I'm good john thanks.

My head says Barca will score but my heart says no!

I've got Djourou at 75s for first scorer and Wilshere at 40s. Fingers crossed!

Don't think you'll see djourou drifting forward much but good luck with that.

What price is on offer for arsenal H/T; Barca F/T?

25/1 on Betfair, if you are doing HT/FT Betfair is miles better than anywhere else, for example:

Arsenal/Draw 16/1

or

Barca/Draw 17/1

At least 3 to 4 points better than most bookies.

IMO, these are the best 2 footballing club sides in the world, game on.

Should be a quality game. I think it might be closer than some people have been predicting, but I have little doubt that Barca will go through.

Arsenal: Szczesny, Eboue, Koscielny, Djourou, Clichy, Song, Wilshere, Walcott, Fabregas, Nasri, van Persie. Subs: Almunia, Rosicky, Denilson, Squillaci, Arshavin, Gibbs, Bendtner.

Barcelona: Valdes, Dani Alves, Pique, Abidal, Maxwell, Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta, Pedro, Messi, Villa. Subs: Pinto, Bojan, Mascherano, Keita, Milito, Afellay, Adriano Correia.

Sagna will be a miss for Arsenal tonight. Eboue blows hot and cold IMO

Truth be told, I've had a shit eating grin for the last five minutes. Wait until the return leg.

:verysmug:

Arsenal: Szczesny, Eboue, Koscielny, Djourou, Clichy, Song, Wilshere, Walcott, Fabregas, Nasri, van Persie. Subs: Almunia, Rosicky, Denilson, Squillaci, Arshavin, Gibbs, Bendtner.

Barcelona: Valdes, Dani Alves, Pique, Abidal, Maxwell, Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta, Pedro, Messi, Villa. Subs: Pinto, Bojan, Mascherano, Keita, Milito, Afellay, Adriano Correia.

Sagna will be a miss for Arsenal tonight. Eboue blows hot and cold IMO

Let's not beat about the bush eboue is a weak link for sure.

Walcott v Maxwell looks like it could be the key.

Thought so too. If they can get him on the ball enough, he'll cause massive problems.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Barca are just incredible at winning it back. There really isn't much difference in the teams on the ball, it's all about what Barca do off it. Arsenal stand off when they lose possession.

Walter Bishop

How anyone can compare these 2 teams is beyond me. Barcelona are simply years ahead of any team in world football.

Archived