Best nicknames

1874robbo

Trance, had a fondness for fainting.

Maggie Farter, had a chip shop that sold mushie peas also.

John Findlay

I was known as FRISP for eleven years. effin repugnant ignorant Scottish pig.

Never took offence and was lucky I was one of these people that could shrug it off.

John

I call a guy I used to work with Kenny Rogers. Looks nothing like him but loves a punt.

Also know of someone with the classic 'olympic flame' nickname, cos he never goes out.

lad i know is called TV cos of his square head. But even better is his wee brother is now known as portable

Say What Again
lad i know is called TV cos of his square head. But even better is his wee brother is now known as portable

That reminds me. A boy I know is mates with Kenny Miller. Apparently, Miller dresses 'gansta' and even has an imported American motor in the same mould.

This caused my mate to refer to him as 50 pence - and he's now taking to calling his son 5 pence.

Once knew this tall bloke, who we called Neon...

...coz' he was a 6 foot tube!

Off The Ball had that as one of their favourites when they ran this as a competition a while ago.

My fave that day was the guy called "The Olympic Flame" cos he never went out. :)

My old boss used to be known as "Plague" as in a plague of locusts.

The greedy bassa just used to sit and eat for 8 hours a day.

Jimmy McNulty
Off The Ball had that as one of their favourites when they ran this as a competition a while ago.

My fave that day was the guy called "The Olympic Flame" cos he never went out. :)

Nah - it was the bloke who was called "sledge" cos when he went to clubs he was always getting pulled by dogs.

PsychocAndy

My uncle work at Mossmoran with a guy called 18 months. He couldn't figure it out until the end of the first week when he saw him without a hat on, yes he had a ear and a half.

PsychocAndy
Nah - it was the bloke who was called "sledge" cos when he went to clubs he was always getting pulled by dogs.

My favourite was the guy they called "The Plumber" because he kept on servicing old boilers

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I've got a mate who we call "Pilot Light" because since meeting his girlfriend, he never seems to go out.

Had a boss called the mirror man because he was always looking into things , and a mate called 40 because he was a bit dull and his sir name was watts.

monkfish1979

We had a guy at uni with dodgy teeth. Used to call him "crocodile". It always made me laugh like a drain. He found it funny, too, so it stuck.

Best Nickname form "off the ball" was a guy in Dundee known to all as "heid first"

The reason?

his name was R Slater

Boss at at a firm I used to work for was know as Jafah - Just a F*****G Ass

Hole. Two of the Department Supervisiors were known as Fog and Mist. Fog was thick dense and wet - Mist was not just quite as thick as fog.

Bordeaux 03

There was a guy i used to know he got called biscuit (don't know why) and his wee brother got called crumb.

Goose Baxter

My nickname is ******-a-leekie because my second name is Baxter. P.e teacher called me it years ago and has stuck ever since.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I work with a bloke who was nicknamed "Amba" ( A Man Barely Alive ) slower than a week in the jail he was

Also worked with a FOG

As first seen on the Hovis - Best of Both thread.

Hovis - for a mixed-race individual. First time I heard it I almost shat myself laughing.

jamboinglasgow

Mine aren't as classic but here goes.

When I went to scouts years ago there were groups of brothers who went through it, one was a guy whose sername was sherman so everyone nick named him tank (obviously) and his youger brother half-track. There was also another family where the middle brother was named boat for some reason so the older brother was titanic and younger was canoe.

At school there were some weird ones. One of my good friends was called Michael even though his real name was David due to him saying once, "are you taking the Michael?." We had a guy nicknamed beaver due to having buckteeth and being the most annoying guy ever.

Though the craziest one was another good friend of mine who was called Baby, due to another guy having a dream where everyone called my friend baby. It is strange that calling another guy baby didn't seem weird after so many years.

My nickname at the momment is Puffin as it ryhmes with my name. The rowing club call me it all the time I get called Puffin by the guys and Puff by the girls. Before that I was nicknamed Napoleon due to having my hand in my top.

got a mate called Batfink - cos he looks like batfink the TV cartoon charactor

girl called beaver - she was in a club and flashed her beaver

I P Knightley

There's a fat girl at my work - really fat, not just a bit porky - whose name is Lucy.

A few of us call her "Lastic".

We have two guys at work , their nicknames were "dooker" as the guy had bad acne and was asked if he was dooking for chips and "sinex" a little squirt that gets up peoples noses.

One of my mates nicknames is Smeg (Pronounced Sh-meg). When he came to our school there was already a Greg in the class so these grils nicknamed him Smeg. Stuck for about 8 years now. But now I have started calling him 'Lardo the Retardo'. Well because he has put on a bit of weight and isn't the smartest.

I usually use it behind his back as I don't think he likes it.

Another few for him are Tubby, Tubilicious, Ginormo, Fatty etc.

Another one of my mates gets called Chansey. His second name is Jack so another mate called him Chan after Jackie Chan. Now it is Chansey.

Another guy I know gets called Swanny because he has a big nose. I also used to call him Scooby.

Archived