Best nicknames

1874robbo

As the title says,whats the best nickname you've heard someone being called wether it be football related or work related.

I heard a beauty today and that's what got me thinking about it.

A guy i was speaking to called someone he knows Elevenereef and i said why do you call him that?,he said the w***** has always been or done something better then anyone else so if you've been to tenerife he's been to Elevenereef!!.

I thought that was a quality nickname and could apply it to a few people i know.

I P Knightley

Couple of my favourites from football.

Fitz Hall is known universally as "Onesize"

And Gilles de Bilde known as "Bob"

...the simple things amuse me!

This ones a bit sick but there was a guy i used to work beside who didn't look quite right and the guys called him NAM,i asked what it stood for and they replied Nearly A [filter edit].

Sick B*******

My mates are known as

the heid

sack

the red dolphin

p-dogg

[filter edit] seal pup / MSP for Glasgow Govan

Dilbert

Horsinho

chocolate

paullie walnuts

Say What Again
Couple of my favourites from football.

Fitz Hall is known universally as "Onesize"

And Gilles de Bilde known as "Bob"

...the simple things amuse me!

Liked those along with Rugby League's 'Chariots' for Martin Offiah.

Say What Again
This ones a bit sick but there was a guy i used to work beside who didn't look quite right and the guys called him NAM,i asked what it stood for and they replied Nearly A [filter edit].

Sick B*******

A guy in my area suffers from alopecia. He's known as Divot Heid.

used to know a guy called Lightbulb Heid. Due to his bulbous head

That's why my mate is called the heid also.

He's sometimes known as the heidus addidas also.

From Urban Dictionary

1. tefal head

In the 1980s, Tefal ran a series of UK adverts featuring a tall-headed scientist chap. His extraordinarily large forehead signified the extraordinary intelligence of Tefal's R&D chaps.

Thus, anyone with a large forehead is a Tefal head.

There were a few Tefal Heeds when I was at school.

HERVEY.jpg

ed_imageANT_265_345976a.jpg

Celebrity Tefal Heeds!

Say What Again

A few I remember from school:

The Phantom W****r (due to the fact he was 'caught' partaking in said act in the toilet - which the poor sod probably wasn't)

Wullie wi the beak (he had a big nose)

Dods McLick (he had a permanent coos lick at the front)

various others from school come to mind for no reason whatsoever, but they do sound like my schools own version of the Anthill Mob when all named together. Divvy, Zippy, Mo, Stretch & Marbles.

I know a guy who occasional gets called Stilts (tall, skinny, long legs) because it annoys him. I always quite liked that one.

used to work with a guy, who had all of the following nicknames ;

Harry potter (small, had spes)

popeye (one eye was bigger than the other)

rocky (from the rocky biscuits, small and fat)

and

Quasimodo (because he was a hunchback)

Some people have no chance in life !

p.s - no surpise that he was a hun !

Dooshbag

T-Bash

Half-Pint

The Dark Horse

GAM

Jaffa

Foz Bawz

Sneaky

McGenius

A few of my mates nicknames. Favourite of the lot is Dooshbag, there is absolutely no story behind it but it caught on so quickly and everyone calls him it.

Say What Again

Not really a nickname as the guy isn't really know as this, but I know someone who gets called 'Concrete Baws' now and then by his mates as most of them have kids and he doesn't.

Used to work with a guy we called "Shad" short for the shadow. He would follow you about without saying anything - you'd turn round and he'd be right behind you. He actually followed a bloke into the changing room in a shop once when he went to try a pair of breeks on!

Same wierdo had a notebook in his drawer and used to rate birds 1-10 when they walked past his desk!!

Pongo - half poof half [filter edit]

Another would have to be Cole after colegate... his breath stank.

Sexton Hardcastle

Treebeard - Big tall lanky beanpole git and has a half assed beard some times.

GB - George Breast - At school he was a small chubby boy but good at fotoball so that came about

Foust - Not sure, just came around

There was a guy in one of my mates football teams called "Tin Hat".

When I asked why he was called "Tin Hat" the reply was because the chap in question was an helmet.

A girl started in work and was quickly after a few nights out christened "12 pints". She was all chuffed and told all her pals it was because she could keep up with the guys. Someone enlightened her as to its true meaning and she promptly left.

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:x2

ArmiyaRomanova

Two Sheds

Because when he went bald we figured he probably lost hair elsewhere too.

Guest Tynie Bubbles
I knew a guy called Rusty Musket.

He was useless but you couldn't fire him.

:thumbs_up: Very good

I actually worked with a guy called Carl Hunt for a while. He hated people shouting Oi *****!!! across the room at him because it sounded, well ... like something else.

Lord only knows what his parents were thinking of?

Guest Tynie Bubbles
:thumbs_up: Very good

I actually worked with a guy called Carl Hunt for a while. He hated people shouting Oi *****!!! across the room at him because it sounded, well ... like something else.

Lord only knows what his parents were thinking of?

BTW that was a five letter word with an h between the c and the u :whoops:

The Comedian
As the title says,whats the best nickname you've heard someone being called wether it be football related or work related.

I heard a beauty today and that's what got me thinking about it.

A guy i was speaking to called someone he knows Elevenereef and i said why do you call him that?,he said the w***** has always been or done something better then anyone else so if you've been to tenerife he's been to Elevenereef!!.

I thought that was a quality nickname and could apply it to a few people i know.

Same idea but better, Jimmy 2 s***es, If you had one he'd have two just to be better than ya...

:)

In my younger days I had a mate at work who had the 'snip'. When he came back to work all the guys called him Jaffa.

I asked another workmate why. He said , cos the guy's seedless.

This one probably won't work in the written form but here goes.

I was introduced to a guy once called 'coffin Bob'.

I said , 'so you're an undertaker then ?'.

H said 'naw , I've just got a really bad cough'.

In my wifes office all part time staff are known as T w a ts.

Because they only work Tuesday , Wednesday and Thursdays.

A girl started in work and was quickly after a few nights out christened "12 pints". She was all chuffed and told all her pals it was because she could keep up with the guys. Someone enlightened her as to its true meaning and she promptly left.

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:x2

What does it mean then?

chester copperpot
What does it mean then?

Lets just say you're a 12 pinter :laugh:

Oops, just kidding.

PsychocAndy

My brother (the hobo) called me Zebeedee, see the ?24million thread, and when he got Bells Polzie(?) I called him Eisiaha because one eyes higher

My mum used to work for Kenny Waugh (Snr), who is a top guy incidentally.

HE told a story about when he started working at Portobello power station on the night shift. He arrived to be told he was working with Jesus Christ. After a few questions nobody would say why the guy was called Jesus Christ and as Kenny hadn't met him he presumed the guy was probably a skinny with long hair. Anyway he was working away and heard a voice say "you must be the new guy. On turning around he saw a guy who was about 7'6" and big for his height. At which point Kenny blurted out "JESUS CHRIST!!!", and the guy replied "yep, that's me"

Also my old man worked with a guy in the brewery called "The Screaming Skull" as he was bald and hugely underweight.

Most Delivery offices usually have good yins. Hagar (RIP (scab mind you)) looked just like Hagar wi the long ginger hair and beard. Then there is flash. Anyone who lives in the Gilmerton / Candlemakers area probably have seen Flash. If he went any slower, he'd be takin the mail back out the hooses! Then there is Jurgen. As in Koller. A Prestonfield postie who's shirt 'koller' is aye mingin. Like a tattie field!

My nick was aye chief. Still is. No idea why tho!

Say What Again
Then there is Jurgen. As in Koller. A Prestonfield postie who's shirt 'koller' is aye mingin.

:)

I worked next to a guy in LRT called Shagger. Which would have been OK if he was an Adonis, sadly he was about 4'10" and overweight and none too attractive. This nickname puzzled me until I saw him sitting outside one suny day with his misfit mates. Every cute girl that walked past he said "I'd shag 'er"

Placid Casual

Once knew this tall bloke, who we called Neon...

...coz' he was a 6 foot tube!

I worked next to a guy in LRT called Shagger. Which would have been OK if he was an Adonis, sadly he was about 4'10" and overweight and none too attractive. This nickname puzzled me until I saw him sitting outside one suny day with his misfit mates. Every cute girl that walked past he said "I'd shag 'er"

I've got a mate who's nickname's Shagger. You're thinking, that's quite a cool nickname. She doesn't like it.

(Jimmy Carr)

Big ChipButty
I worked with some one called FLUB... fat lazy useless B******.

So did I, are his initials GP?

I P Knightley

There was also the Australia Rugby Union captain/lock known as "Nobody" because "Nobody's perfect"

I knew a bloke called "Shag" because he'd never had one. Now a father of two, he still has the nickname.

I worked with a Brummie and hardly anyone could understand him. He got nick-named "Charlie" after the cat in the old public information broadcasts. At the end of those broadcasts, the cat would always say something unintelligible and the boy would say, "Charlie says..." a phrase which we adopted for...whatsisname.

Archived