first goalie?

Narrative Arc

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Narrative Arc

Tepi I think. :ninja:

without looking at london hearts, i'm trying to think of who replaced my first goalie. it might have been Thompson Allen. i remember we signed him from Dundee, though can't think of anyone before that.

Craig Nelson.

Still got the programme somewhere.

Thankfully ever since I have never had to worry about a Hearts goalkeeper. :pleasing:

tommythejambo

I think it was Craig Nelson.

Can't really remember it though. It's strange thinking about how blessed with goalies we've been since, Rousset, Niemi, Gordon, Kello...Mad.

who was the goalie at your first ever Hearts match? Mine's was the legendary Ray Dunlop.

The one and only Jim Cruickshank

Jim Cruikshank was in goals when my dad first took me to Tynie, the first goalkeeper i do remember was John Brough. As someone pointed out earlier in the thread Ray Dunlop, but i really dont remember him at all.

Snake Plissken

Henry Smith

Friendly v Elgin, Borough Briggs, August 1995

He had absolutely nothing to do that game, finished 4-0.

jack D and coke

Pretty sure it was Henry. Last day of the season 83-84?? Beat Hamilton 2-0 and came up as runners up to St Johnstone.

People go on about Niemi or Gordon's saves but I seen Henry makes saves comparable with either of them.

The Treasurer

I was privileged to see the great Jim Cruickshank.

As a naive youngster I just assumed ever goalkeeper was that good and it was normal to make the saves that he did.

I'm still waiting to see one that even comes close sad.gif

wheatfield to sheffield

I went back and checked (thank you London Hearts), and it was Ray Dunlop.

Hearts 4 East Fife 1, 10th Septmber 1977

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/197709101.html

and now I know that in the first 11 minutes of my first Hearts game I had seen Willie Gibson and Drew Busby both score!

It took another seven or eight years before I saw Hearts score more goals in a game (beating Dumbarton 5-1, in 84-85 I think, Kenny Black hat-trick, if anyone remembers that one)

Jim Cruickshank in a 4/2 win v Falkirk,Brockville park.George Fleming scored a hatrick.Alex Ferguson scored one of Falkirks goals.

First game at Tynecastle was Kenny Garland,who let in 7 that day. :down:

Cruickie I think early 70's Hearts 4 Celtic 1 he was beaten by a Bobby Murdoch pen that nearly burst the net.

Archived