Queen of the South

Boomstick

I kind of have a bit of time for Queen of the South. Through work I have to read a lot of local papers from Dumfries & Galloway, I've been keeping up with their troubles and it's pretty shitty for them. They've not been mismanaged so it really sucks for them to be in the position they're in.

Shite bants.

Italian Lambretta

What's up with the queens?

I kind of have a bit of time for Queen of the South. Through work I have to read a lot of local papers from Dumfries & Galloway, I've been keeping up with their troubles and it's pretty shitty for them. They've not been mismanaged so it really sucks for them to be in the position they're in.

Shite bants.

Shite bants.

teehee.gifblink.gif

got a couple of mates who are queens fans, they are in a bit of financial trouble, already fans have donated quite a few grand, but the feeling is they will be part time next year and will have to off load a lot of high earners. sign of the times!!

What's up with the queens?

Lack of home games due to the bad weather has seen them lose a tonne of cash. Financial woes coupled with low attendances is not a good situation to be in.

Here's a wee story:

http://www.dgstandard.co.uk/dumfries-sport/dumfries-football/queen-of-south-fc/2011/02/02/big-jim-believes-queens-can-be-saved-51311-28093267/

Hope it gets better for them.

J Cheever Loophole

I,e no time whatsoever for the Doonhamer pond life the place is nothing but a smelly hairy hoop IMHO.Back in the early 80's we played them there in the big cup and returning from the peehoose I stopped to help an old man back to his feet,who had been jostled and fell when one of the D&G finest told me I was lifted my mate plead my innocence,he let me go,he then lifted my mate.I asked a sgt to see an inspector he said he would take me to one.We went round the pitch up the tunnel and right to a feckin cell.Banged up from 3-15 sat till 2pm monday with a breach and a resisting arrest.I don't mind paying for something I've done but to be treated like that made me hate the very mention of the Smack ridden, junkie infested cesspit of a town but heigh- ho thats just my opinion.FTQS. :verymad: :verymad: :verymad:

I,e no time whatsoever for the Doonhamer pond life the place is nothing but a smelly hairy hoop IMHO.Back in the early 80's we played them there in the big cup and returning from the peehoose I stopped to help an old man back to his feet,who had been jostled and fell when one of the D&G finest told me I was lifted my mate plead my innocence,he let me go,he then lifted my mate.I asked a sgt to see an inspector he said he would take me to one.We went round the pitch up the tunnel and right to a feckin cell.Banged up from 3-15 sat till 2pm monday with a breach and a resisting arrest.I don't mind paying for something I've done but to be treated like that made me hate the very mention of the Smack ridden, junkie infested cesspit of a town but heigh- ho thats just my opinion.FTQS. :verymad: :verymad: :verymad:

In case you missed it, Bobby didn't die in Dallas.

Frank McBarsteward's last club.

FTQOS

That's a really unfortunate surname to have, surely you'd get it changed to Smith or something? :huh:

Shite bants.

like every club in finacial trouble they have been mismanaged.after their run to the scottish cup final they should have had enough money to keep them going for 10+ years.instead they let gordon chisholm spend most of it on duds like marvin andrews.at the end of the day they,ll never get promotion because their ground isn,t upto scratch so don,t realy know what they tried to acheive.last year the board decided to put up the price of an adult ticket up by ?2 upto ?17 and more significantly the price of a pensioners ticket up by ?4 upto ?10.a lot of qos fans have not been back.i can get into tynecastle cheaper than into palmerston to watch qos v cowdenbeath.i will however go the morn v ross county.only a tenner to get in as the game was abandoned due to a power cut last week.

tommythejambo

Don't like to see any teams struggling (OF aside).

I hope things pan out well okay for them.

Hope they make it through this difficult period.

This should be a major wake-up call to the SFA and SFL. All three divisions should have a winter break of six weeks so clubs can get more fixtures, and money, in before the weather decimates the fixture list.

J Cheever Loophole

In case you missed it, Bobby didn't die in Dallas.

lol Thank heavens for that.BTW did Charles marry that blonde bint I hope so.That Galtierri's worth the watching and that Saddam Hussien's looks a bad bugger.?3-50 to get into a football match shocking.FTH&FTQo :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

I pride myself on finding something to despise about nearly every team on the planet but even I struggle with QOTS.

It's like hating puppies and Terry Wogan :mellow:

The Treasurer

Hope they make it through this difficult period.

This should be a major wake-up call to the SFA and SFL. All three divisions should have a winter break of six weeks so clubs can get more fixtures, and money, in before the weather decimates the fixture list.

Let me get this right.

Clubs are struggling because of lack of homes games due to the weather.

You answer to this problem is to have a break with no games what so ever for 6 weeks blink.gif

Snake Plissken

I've been to only three fottball matches that did not involve Hearts and Queen of the South v Dundee in 2008 was one of those games. I dont mind them at all though I don't especially worry about how they're getting on, I lived in Dumfries for two years and I have mixed feelings about the place. Mostly, I'm glad I don't stay there anymore.

Hope they get through their current problems but I won't lose any sleep over it.

Let me get this right.

Clubs are struggling because of lack of homes games due to the weather.

You answer to this problem is to have a break with no games what so ever for 6 weeks blink.gif

Personally no fussed either way but if we played in the summer would this be an issue???

like every club in finacial trouble they have been mismanaged.after their run to the scottish cup final they should have had enough money to keep them going for 10+ years.instead they let gordon chisholm spend most of it on duds like marvin andrews.at the end of the day they,ll never get promotion because their ground isn,t upto scratch so don,t realy know what they tried to acheive.last year the board decided to put up the price of an adult ticket up by ?2 upto ?17 and more significantly the price of a pensioners ticket up by ?4 upto ?10.a lot of qos fans have not been back.i can get into tynecastle cheaper than into palmerston to watch qos v cowdenbeath.i will however go the morn v ross county.only a tenner to get in as the game was abandoned due to a power cut last week.

Correct Callum,

David Rae also hasn't helped by becoming a media 'whore' instead of concentrating on the real issues at Palmerston.

While it was great following their cup run, the QOTS model is one that all clubs should be very wary off. Instead of paying some of these near middle aged pros full time contracts, these numbers of older full timers should have been restricted. If required, then there has to be some way of getting their salaries sponsored by local firms. And how easy is that in a farming/tourist community when most of the players are Glasgow based.

I wish Queens all the best, might chuck then a few quid, but compared to Hearts they mean so little that it's often Monday before I check for their results. (As a slight aside, with so many Scottish clubs struggling just now, the mere notion that Scotland can sustain a pyramid system, especially when the Junior clubs don't appear that interest, is laughable - The South of Scotland could have QOS, Stranraer, Annan, a new Gretna, Threave Rovers, Dalbeattie Star and St. Cuthbert wanders vying for places - madness)

Little did I know back in the early 80s when you had your swanky autograph book, and me my school note pad that the then QoS player manager was a Hearts Buzzbomb legend.

Personally I hope they pull through and survive, my Grandad was on their books back in the 50's when they were near the top of the old First Division

Stupid Sexy Flanders

How on Earth is that the club's fault?!

I wish them well, I wouldn't want to see any club go to the wall.

J Cheever Loophole

:thumbsup:

I pride myself on finding something to despise about nearly every team on the planet but even I struggle with QOTS.

It's like hating puppies and Terry Wogan :mellow:

FTW too! :whistling:

J Cheever Loophole

How on Earth is that the club's fault?!

I wish them well, I wouldn't want to see any club go to the wall.

The company I work for is based in Dungfries and I can assure you they are a shower of inbred ignorant plankers.I do'nt want to see teams go out the box mate.I paid ?40 to the Stirling Albion Supporters Trust, hell if it came to I might do the same for the Tra La La if they were in dire straits.QoS can kiss my hairy hoop,I'll keep my sympathy for a more deserving cause. :thumbsup: Alva Hearts.

Archived