Pre Season - Austria and Germany again

Toxteth O'Grady

Nope - the new manager should make decisions about any pre-season training camp.

Maybe it needs to be set up this far in advance so it's fair enough to arrange the camp before we get a manager, but it's still a reasonable point for the poster to make and hardly a struggle to understand.

"So much for the new manager being in charge of footballing matters, even the pre season will be organised on his behalf, maybe we aint gettin a new manager after all"

How does the owner of the above post jump to the conclusion that any new manager won't be in charge of footballing matters?

"even the pre season will be organised on his behalf"! What, did he expect the new manager to start trawling the interweb checking out flights and hotel deals?

Then we jump straight to "maybe we aint gettin a new manager after all" - how was this startling conclusion reached?

And then perhaps you can explain how you know that the new manager wasn't involved in this decision making process?

"So much for the new manager being in charge of footballing matters, even the pre season will be organised on his behalf, maybe we aint gettin a new manager after all"

How does the owner of the above post jump to the conclusion that any new manager won't be in charge of footballing matters?

"even the pre season will be organised on his behalf"! What, did he expect the new manager to start trawling the interweb checking out flights and hotel deals?

Then we jump straight to "maybe we aint gettin a new manager after all" - how was this startling conclusion reached?

And then perhaps you can explain how you know that the new manager wasn't involved in this decision making process?

I share your frustration, but...

display_image.aspx?id=156909

It's like the ITN news last night. Lead story about the consultation the Govt are having about not having ciggies on display. Strategically headlined as "Govt Plans To Hide Ciggies". It's all so Daily Mail.

Rise above my Dalridian comrade...

Well, after begin assured on here that Fast Eddy was a fitness expert, and was only here for pre-season anyway, and it wouldn't make any difference etc etc, forgive me if I view the organisation of pre-season as an important matter, and I think avoiding a return to the scene of last years catastrophe would be a good idea.

Pre-season is an important matter JR.

I'm looking forward to the cluib announcing where we're going and who will be in charge.

I'm not that bothered about a scoop involving where we're 'considering' going or the person who is doing the looking.

TBH, i don't think the location of the training camp is the cause of last years catastrophe.

Strange comment about Pinilla. So the player does not want to be hurried back just because we sold our top striker and sent another packing! Quite right too! Let?s get Pinilla fit once and for all and not knacker him again trying to get this hopeless team into the top 6 to spare Vlad?s blushes...

Apologies to the club if this is just a journalist?s "angle" to try to have a snipe at Pinilla.

I share your frustration, but...

It's like the ITN news last night. Lead story about the consultation the Govt are having about not having ciggies on display. Strategically headlined as "Govt Plans To Hide Ciggies". It's all so Daily Mail.

Rise above my Dalridian comrade...

I know Boris, i know.

Tell you something though, JKB must be the fittest forum on the interweb.... what with all the exercise the majority get.

office_space_kit_mat.jpg

Ryan Gosling
Strange comment about Pinilla. So the player does not want to be hurried back just because we sold our top striker and sent another packing! Quite right too! Let?s get Pinilla fit once and for all and not knacker him again trying to get this hopeless team into the top 6 to spare Vlad?s blushes...

Apologies to the club if this is just a journalist?s "angle" to try to have a snipe at Pinilla.

I thought it was an outrageous comment to make, and the player isn't happy about it at all.

Here's a message from 3 days ago.

Spoke to Pini at the game today and I doubt he will be risked this season after that result. He has a scan and injection to the leg to get this week so read into that what you will. Pini is desperate to stay, and will play if asked but if the top six is not a realistic option I cannot see the club taking the risk. I can see another thread on JKB on the horizon.

I know Boris, i know.

Tell you something though, JKB must be the fittest forum on the interweb.... what with all the exercise the majority get.

office_space_kit_mat.jpg

I thought this fitted the bill perfectly...

Drew Busby !

This kind of thing makes a worthwhile "British manager" appointment seem more tenuous by the day.

Now we have something else the (ahem) new manager would have to swallow, that list of commandments currently reads as:

• The majority of players must be sourced from Vlads pyramid/filing cabinet
  • Vlad will determine which players will not be played for contractural or other reasons
  • Vlad will determine which players will be moved on for financial reasons
  • The new manager must work alongside Frail and Korabochkov
  • The pre-season training will take place in Germany/Austria over a 2-3 week period
  • And I think we can surmise that Vlad will bring in several well kent members of the pyramid to (ahem) assist with the pre-season training regime.

No wonder the manager search is taking so long, I'd imagine it's bloody hard to find anyone supine enough to live with all these pre-requisites.

I thought it was an outrageous comment to make, and the player isn't happy about it at all.

Here's a message from 3 days ago.

Spoke to Pini at the game today and I doubt he will be risked this season after that result. He has a scan and injection to the leg to get this week so read into that what you will. Pini is desperate to stay, and will play if asked but if the top six is not a realistic option I cannot see the club taking the risk. I can see another thread on JKB on the horizon.

The article juxtaposes the comment about Pinilla with an upbeat one about McCann. I have no idea of whether either player should be currently playing through any discomfort (with McCann holding off on the plate operation until the summer). But why the snide comment at Pinilla in the paper together with the news of 'wage thief' McCann's successful operation?

Ryan Gosling

No idea. But I think even Pinilla's biggest critics would say no player should be rushed back from a knee ligament injury.

No idea. But I think even Pinilla's biggest critics would say no player should be rushed back from a knee ligament injury.

Neither player has offered anything like value for money in the last 2 seasons. Both have been disastrous signings. Just don't like the snidey comment on one, with the 'great news' on the other.

One of them could still turn into a good signing though.:P

The Real Maroonblood

Will the new manager not have a say as to where the pre-season training would take place?

Drew Busby !
Will the new manager not have a say as to where the pre-season training would take place?

He will. And he can go anywhere he wants.

Just as long as its Germany and Austria. :confused:

He will. And he can go anywhere he wants.

Just as long as its Germany and Austria. :confused:

I wonder if the new manager will have to drive the kit over in a van again.

Don't think there is anything wrong with going to Austria and Germany it's what we do when we get there that worries me.More Piggy backs cartwheels and starjumps no doubt with the mad Mal at the helm

My thoughts entirely. The players felt that they were not prepared properly and were not fresh for the new season ...... they were not wrong as we never really recovered from the start in August. Also think the pre-season was too long.

sandyseymour
TBH, i would be happy to see our current squad down the Gullane sand dunes every day.

Spot on.....too many namby pambies in our squad......Craig Levein stated that close season training was alll about getting fit....if that means running, shuttles etc so be it.......Craig stated that he expected players to moan ....no pain no gain ....;)

Dirk Diggler
Banderson in 'making stories up' shock.

http://www.talk107.co.uk/article.php?article=5228

Whilst i'd definately be inclined to take Talk107s word for it over Barry Andersons, This was the outlet that told us Audrey had left Hearts was it not?

Until Hearts confirm anything, I'll take anything the EEN and Talk107 have to say with a large pinch of salt.

Ryan Gosling
Whilst i'd definately be inclined to take Talk107s word for it over Barry Andersons, This was the outlet that told us Audrey had left Hearts was it not?

Until Hearts confirm anything, I'll take anything the EEN and Talk107 have to say with a large pinch of salt.

To be fair to talk107 (and stephs as well), even Audrey thought he wasn't coming back.

Dirk Diggler
To be fair to talk107 (and stephs as well), even Audrey thought he wasn't coming back.

But Hearts and only Hearts knew otherwise, That's the point.

I frankly do not care where Hearts go for the pre season.

IF Malofeev is involved, it will be a disaster.

Dirk Diggler
I don't think even 'Hearts' knew.

:laugh:

I obviously used 'Hearts' in the loosest possible terms.

:laugh:

As I recall what normally happens pre-season is this:

1. We start close season hunting the world for a manager befitting of Hearts

2. In the meantime Vlad determines where our pre-season is going to be

3. As the close season progresses we are "linked" with quality players and managers who get us excited and we start buying season tickets

4. As the close season progresses Vlad makes a couple of token signings neither of whom are the stars we have been linked to

5. Pre-season starts under the guidance of Malofeev

6. We sign 2 or 3 Kaunas players

7. Vlad goes with the lackey that finished the previous season as interim manager as new season manager

8. There is chat that the players arent happy with the way pre-season training went

Ryan Gosling

3. As the close season progresses we are "linked" with quality players and managers who get us excited and we start buying season tickets

4. As the close season progresses Vlad makes a couple of token signings

7. Vlad goes with the lackey that finished the previous season as interim manager as new season manager

8. There is chat that the players arent happy with the way pre-season training went

You're talking pish. Honestly I think some people want Hearts to fail. :mw_rolleyes:here fishy fishy, bite!!

Guest JamboRobbo

4. As the close season progresses Vlad makes a couple of token signings neither of whom are the stars we have been linked to

Thats exactly how it goes mate. Lets hope they change their ways this year.

Archived