Pre Season - Austria and Germany again

Toxteth O'Grady

So much for the new manager being in charge of footballing matters, even the pre season will be organised on his behalf, maybe we aint gettin a new manager after all

ToadKiller Dog

The way some folk on here talk about about Romanov ,i would imagine they will be expecting Vlad to annex Austria.

Toxteth O'Grady
Excellent. We should repeat the Malofeev debacle also.

Repeating mistakes is a great way to go. :rolleyes:

Groundhog Day springs to mind

The way some folk on here talk about about Romanov ,i would imagine they will be expecting Vlad to annex Austria.

Much as Flogel was a good player for us, I would like Vlad to first annex the Czech Republic this time around. Their players are a bit better.

Sorry if anyone is making a big deal of Vlad and his ways of running Hearts, hey whats bottom 6 football, no manager and ?38M of debt got to do with him. So yeah your right - everyone lay off Vlad he's great for Hearts ok!

Guest GhostHunter

Personally speaking - if they finish in the bottom six, I'd make them to do their preseason in Siberia.

Dr. Bapswent

Hearts players arrive for their pre-season training with Her General Malofeev.

They are not too impressed with the accomodation either.

ToadKiller Dog
Sorry if anyone is making a big deal of Vlad and his ways of running Hearts, hey whats bottom 6 football, no manager and ?38M of debt got to do with him. So yeah your right - everyone lay off Vlad he's great for Hearts ok!

for feck sake

The humour bypass was a complete success then? .

was talking at the way some people use world war 2 pathe news reel terminology when describing the Romanovs(something i have done before) ,such as Lopez and co as henchmen and Mann as his lackey mouth piece.comments about lies propaganda etc.

So much for the new manager being in charge of footballing matters, even the pre season will be organised on his behalf, maybe we aint gettin a new manager after all

Is anyone else struggling with this one?

Guest JamboRobbo

Makes perfect sense to me. Whoever the new manager is should arrange the pre-season, in order that we get the best possible out of it.

Which means Hearts should be appointing the new manager in time to arrange pre-season.

Otherwise, we are just harming our own chances of success on the field next year.

Post of month!!

LOL.

ToadKiller Dog

We could always wait until we appoint a manager in the summer and then try to snap up a bargain on lastminute.com ,maybe a couple of weeks in magaluf ?

loveofthegame

I certainly don't think it was the destinations that were too blame, jsut the training and preparations the players got that were the problem. If a new manager is in place this shouldnt be a concern.

I'd certainly be happy with another trip over there, possibly do Austria this time. Essen last summer was an absolute riot!

Guest Tynie Bubbles
Post of month!!

LOL.

I wouldn't have thought my Jewish neighbours would associate that particular camp with humour. But each to there own.

Makes perfect sense to me. Whoever the new manager is should arrange the pre-season, in order that we get the best possible out of it.

Which means Hearts should be appointing the new manager in time to arrange pre-season.

Otherwise, we are just harming our own chances of success on the field next year.

Perfect sense?

HEARTS are considering holding pre-season training camps in Austria and Germany again this summer in a repeat of last year's double-pronged preparations.

You know as well as i do what's supposed to be what with the new preferred manager and where he is at the moment. Should we wait until he is appointed (if he is appointed) and then try and arrange a pre-season in a couple of days?

You also know that if that doesn't come off, we will still need to have a pre-season.

What harm is there in the current managerial muppets looking at things and, if required, make provisional bookings?

Usual reaction out of a nothing story.

We could always wait until we appoint a manager in the summer and then try to snap up a bargain on lastminute.com ,maybe a couple of weeks in magaluf ?

TBH, i would be happy to see our current squad down the Gullane sand dunes every day.

Guest JamboRobbo
Perfect sense?

You know as well as i do what's supposed to be what with the new preferred manager and where he is at the moment. Should we wait until he is appointed (if he is appointed) and then try and arrange a pre-season in a couple of days?

I think we should be getting in a manager ASAP who can improve us next season. I don't think we should be waiting till the summer in the hope that we can appoint a manager then.

If we have a guy nailed down, and he can't come till the summer, great. Get him to tell us what he wants, and arrange it.

If we don't have someone nailed down for the summer, we better get on with finding and appointing someone, otherwise we're in danger of damaging our chances for next year by repeating our mistake of having a poorly organised and poorly executed pre-season.

You also know that if that doesn't come off, we will still need to have a pre-season.

What harm is there in the current managerial muppets looking at things and, if required, make provisional bookings?

Usual reaction out of a nothing story.

Just depends who's looking at things, and whether the bookings are provisional.

I feel it'll be some Malofeev inspired bs, and our new manager will walk into the same mess we had last year.

Ryan Gosling

Brilliant, couldn't make it up.

Robbie slates pre-season in his press conference, so Hearts decide to do it all over again.

[filter edit].

londonjambo

Post of month!!

LOL.

Yeah, those Nazis. Hilarious. You gotta love 'em.

GC

Denny Crane

Surely if those conducting said pre-season build-up do it properly, the venue is a minor issue. Whether it be Austria or Timbuktu, as long as the team are adequately prepared, so what?

If those in charge of the pre-season bungle it up, then a major issue is created, but again, what will the venue have to do with that? The much derrided Wheelbarrow and piggyback races can be conducted anywhere.

Seymour M Hersh
Don't think there is anything wrong with going to Austria and Germany it's what we do when we get there that worries me.More Piggy backs cartwheels and starjumps no doubt with the mad Mal at the helm

I agree after all the Italian teams all head to training camps in the mountains for about a month. It what they do there although personally two five or seven day trips would suffice.

Guest JamboRobbo
Surely if those conducting said pre-season build-up do it properly, the venue is a minor issue. Whether it be Austria or Timbuktu, as long as the team are adequately prepared, so what?

If those in charge of the pre-season bungle it up, then a major issue is created, but again, what will the venue have to do with that? The much derrided Wheelbarrow and piggyback races can be conducted anywhere.

A fair point Matt. For my part, it's not so much the venue, but that fact it seems to be getting organised by the same people and going to the same place as last season (which by all accounts was an unmitigated disaster......) which worries me slightly.

It doesn't inspire confidence that the same folks appear to be planning to go to the same place.....

The place they go is not the issue, the quality of coaching is. The warning signs for this season were there last pre-season when we got beaten by Kaunas. We all thought "Ach well they had the motivation to win that game and we didn?t". Turned out we were just rubbish.

Dirk Diggler
The place they go is not the issue, the quality of coaching is. The warning signs for this season were there last pre-season when we got beaten by Kaunas. We all thought "Ach well they had the motivation to win that game and we didn?t". Turned out we were just rubbish.

Absolutely.

I was watching the pre season DVD again a couple of days ago.

The location and the facilities look pretty darn good to me.

It was evident the coaching was not.

Absolutely.

Are you a masochist or were you just bored??? :rolleyes:

Barcelona come to Scotland for pre season where the weather is condusive to pre season training, cooler etc, we go to somewhere boiling hot where no real training can be done, as someone else said Gullane Sands would be a better option.

Dr. Bapswent

Oh come on.

Some pictures of prisoners in concentration camps are 'sensitive' material?

Deary me.

Ryan Gosling
Absolutely.

So did I actually. The problem seems to be Korobochka, Tino, Chervenkov (smoking cigarettes), Koslovski, Malofeev and Girsovicius overseeing it.

Let a manager deal with it and magic might happen.

Dirk Diggler
Are you a masochist or were you just bored??? :rolleyes:

I've watched it about 4 or 5 times now. :eek:

I don't sleep particularly well.

Hold on....Maybe there's a link;)

:mad:Those ****** wage thieving jokers deserve nothing more than a weekend in Stoke on Trent

I'm sick to death of those ^^^^ living the life of rilety while us (the ones that truly matter) get nothing but annoyance and depression.

They need a ***** - the entire lot of em :)

I am actually starting to ahte them

They are all below average and don't deserve ANY luxuries.

Sack the lot of am or flog em -not that you would get much for the sorry shower

Frail GTF

Romanov GTF

1st Team GTF

Reserves GTF

The 'Board' GTF

I hope they ahve a great laugh when they are over there, perhaps another boxing match!!!!

I'm Sure as hell that they wont be doing proper training

perhaps spend the entire summer doing set plays, maybe have 2 'decoy' men over every pathetic ball next season!!!

:sad::sad::mad:

I think we should be getting in a manager ASAP who can improve us next season. I don't think we should be waiting till the summer in the hope that we can appoint a manager then.

I agree.

If we have a guy nailed down, and he can't come till the summer, great. Get him to tell us what he wants, and arrange it.

If he is currently in a job, we'd have to approach his club to ask permission, regardless if he did it in his own time or not.

If we don't have someone nailed down for the summer, we better get on with finding and appointing someone, otherwise we're in danger of damaging our chances for next year by repeating our mistake of having a poorly organised and poorly executed pre-season.

I agree

Just depends who's looking at things, and whether the bookings are provisional.

Couldn't care less about who's looking at the facilities or who's doing the bookings, provisional or not.

All i'm interested in is who the manager is that's in charge of training.

I feel it'll be some Malofeev inspired bs, and our new manager will walk into the same mess we had last year.

Fretting about it won't change things.

I've watched it about 4 or 5 times now. :eek:

I don't sleep particularly well.

Hold on....Maybe there's a link;)

Hahaha

Brilliant. :)

A fair point Matt. For my part, it's not so much the venue, but that fact it seems to be getting organised by the same people and going to the same place as last season (which by all accounts was an unmitigated disaster......) which worries me slightly.

It doesn't inspire confidence that the same folks appear to be planning to go to the same place.....

I seem to remember that the players actually thought the venue was first class.

The problem was the training and the length of time away from home.

I'm guessing here, but if as some people seem to think on other threads that we do have a manager lined up then who is to say he's not having input into these preparations.

Guest JamboRobbo

If he is currently in a job, we'd have to approach his club to ask permission, regardless if he did it in his own time or not.

Of course we would :rolleyes:

Couldn't care less about who's looking at the facilities or who's doing the bookings, provisional or not.

All i'm interested in is who the manager is that's in charge of training.

Same here. I hope the manager who is going to be in charge of training next year will be appointed in time to sort out a proper pre-season.

Fretting about it won't change things.

And saying all will be well won't change things either. Are you suggesting we don't talk about anything? Or just that I shouldn't express concerns?

I'm glad i've not booked my flights yet....................

"HEARTS are considering holding pre-season training camps in Austria and Germany again" (taken from link in post 1.)

Guest JamboRobbo

And the warning signs for last season were there from the season before. We didn't heed them last time. I hope we will this time.

I'm glad i've not booked my flights yet....................

"HEARTS are considering holding pre-season training camps in Austria and Germany again" (taken from link in post 1.)

I emboldened it in black but it never made any difference.

Good luck with the dark orange.

Guest Tynie Bubbles
Oh come on.

Some pictures of prisoners in concentration camps are 'sensitive' material?

Deary me.

No need for the 'Deary me' condescending tone Dr Bapswent:sad:

Pictures of people being marched to death camps may not be 'sensitive' material (your words) in this day and age, but they are hardly props for cheap laughs either.

Evidently you would disagree.

That is one of the perks of living in freedom of speech democracy, which if the people who ran those camps had got their way none of us would be doing.

Please don't let me registering a quite valid point, which I am entitled to do unless there are some hierarchy rules on JKB I am not privy to, redirect the course of this otherwise fascinating thread.

BTW, if these games go ahead is anyone else going to consider a trip to Austria, I quite fancy it?

.....And saying all will be well won't change things either. Are you suggesting we don't talk about anything? Or just that I shouldn't express concerns?

Thankfully, i've never said all will be well.

We've got enough things to talk about with Hearts without getting all Ayr United over where Hearts are considering holding pre-season and whose doing the looking & booking.

portobellojambo1

Have not read the link provided, but did read the article in the paper during my lunch break. The players apparently have indicated they do not want to go back to Austria and Germany, but want some proper pre season training which will help them in the SPL, and I also noted that the club are now considering entering The Intertoto Cup.

Why anyone in the back room staff or administration staff who has witnessed the performances at Love Street and Tynecastle over the last fortnight would even consider putting us forward for such a tournament is way beyond me, unless said person enjoys pain and humiliation.

Nope - the new manager should make decisions about any pre-season training camp.

Maybe it needs to be set up this far in advance so it's fair enough to arrange the camp before we get a manager, but it's still a reasonable point for the poster to make and hardly a struggle to understand.

Guest JamboRobbo
Thankfully, i've never said all will be well.

We've got enough things to talk about with Hearts without getting all Ayr United over where Hearts are considering holding pre-season and whose doing the looking & booking.

Well, after begin assured on here that Fast Eddy was a fitness expert, and was only here for pre-season anyway, and it wouldn't make any difference etc etc, forgive me if I view the organisation of pre-season as an important matter, and I think avoiding a return to the scene of last years catastrophe would be a good idea.

Dr. Bapswent
No need for the 'Deary me' condescending tone Dr Bapswent:sad:

Pictures of people being marched to death camps may not be 'sensitive' material (your words) in this day and age, but they are hardly props for cheap laughs either.

Evidently you would disagree.

That is one of the perks of living in freedom of speech democracy, which if the people who ran those camps had got their way none of us would be doing.

Please don't let me registering a quite valid point, which I am entitled to do unless there are some hierarchy rules on JKB I am not privy to, redirect the course of this otherwise fascinating thread.

BTW, if these games go ahead is anyone else going to consider a trip to Austria, I quite fancy it?

jukebox.php?image=thumbnail.png&group=Fruit&album=Hark%20At%20Her

Archived