Keys again

CMc

Johanes de Silentio

There'll be more.

Especially as people are listening for it - best way for him to not get caught is to not say anything iffy.

It'll be interesting to see what happens (if anything) to Souness at Sky. He starts it all with the ?He looks like a Jock, doesn?t he?? comment.

Some great irony in the Daily Mail branding Key's racist comments 'shameful'.

Not that what he said is to be condoned...........and then he follows it up with a classic 'BUT I HAVE LOTS OF BLACK FRIENDS'

Oh Richard......... :keys:

11 years ago.

Mr Keys has really upset someone.

Indeed, someone with lots of power at Sky really has it in for him. :whistling:

I'm really not sure that makes him racist.

My uncle (born in Ghana) recently discovered he was going to be a grandfather. My grandfather is called 'Pops' by everybody on that side of the family, including my uncle. So to wind him up about being a grandad I've started calling my uncle Coco Pops.

Does that mean I'm racist?

My uncle (born in Ghana) recently discovered he was going to be a grandfather. My grandfather is called 'Pops' by everybody on that side of the family, including my uncle. So to wind him up about being a grandad I've started calling my uncle Coco Pops.

I doubt it, it is not unusual for black people to say they are chocolate skinned. I've heard it said before.

jamboinglasgow

depends how your grandfather takes it I guess.

Not entirely correct.....as far as the law is concerned.

A racist comment is something which you perceive to be racist, even if the comment/statement is not made against you.

So say I am at work and someone calls my black colleague a 'monkey' - but he says it to me and not my black colleague, in fact he doesn't even here it.

I can report the guy for racism.

Eh? How? He's white and knows he gets called Pops. Don't you mean it depends on how my uncle takes it?

As for Keys, it's the kind of thing you cannot say on air because it will offend some people. The problem is it wasn't on air, it was a private conversation and clearly a joke.

I hate racism and because of my uncle and cousins I've seen it close at hand from a very young age. But I don't subscribe to the theory that laughing or making a racial insensitive joke makes you a racist.

Keys is only guilty in this occasion of being an unfunny ****. As he always is.

jamboinglasgow

Eh? How? He's white and knows he gets called Pops. Don't you mean it depends on how my uncle takes it?

As for Keys, it's the kind of thing you cannot say on air because it will offend some people. The problem is it wasn't on air, it was a private conversation and clearly a joke.

I hate racism and because of my uncle and cousins I've seen it close at hand from a very young age. But I don't subscribe to the theory that laughing or making a racial insensitive joke makes you a racist.

sorry misread your post so my comment as you have shown makes no sense. Ignore it.

portobellojambo1

Neither do I, not evenly slightly.

However, you better be very careful what you type on here, I assure you there are some on this board who will take great pleasure in dropping you in the shit. And this is one of those posts where I can add the word FACT.

PC Brigade at attention!

The bible of the politically correct has spoken!

Get a grip. Keys has done nothing different to ANYBODY at work, down the pub or at the game.

Not entirely correct.....as far as the law is concerned.

A racist comment is something which you perceive to be racist, even if the comment/statement is not made against you.

So say I am at work and someone calls my black colleague a 'monkey' - but he says it to me and not my black colleague, in fact he doesn't even here it.

I can report the guy for racism.

Sounds like your office is a bundle of laughs...............

(out of interest which Government department do you work for?)

Keys comes across as more of an arse every day.

Glad to see the old digs at the Daily Mail too :rofl:. It's become fashionable to hate the Mail now (and no, I don't read and have never even bought it). The sweeping generalisation being very ironic.

How come you know whats in the paper then?

I will be listening tomorrow to their show to see how long it is before Lisa O'Sullivan decks the both of them. She a big girl and an ex rugby player. I wonder if the kickback bookie will offer me odds?

You know what discrimination is? It's when people take offence on the behalf of others...

Is the right-wing Daily Mail really in a position to judge whether such a comment is offensive or rascist? I think not...

I was once walking along George St with a black mate of mine, and one of those rickshaw-taxi students tried to get us interested in giving him a fare. He said "aw come on guys, once you try it you'll love it" to which I responded, "That's what he tells the ladies!". Now that was total unashamed stereotyping by me. Would the Daily Mail have construed it as rascist? My mate loved it and so did the student - we all took it as just banter. Just like when I call my mate my "black brother" etc

The Richard Keys witch hunt should stop. Dragging up stories from 11 years ago is just ridiculous.

I am apparently one of the PC brigade. But this to me is mainly just a rubbish joke, but he clearly doesnt know David Johnson very well as Johnson said he was disappointed and wouldve been furious. Hes clearly not a racist and this doesnt make him as such but this comment was racially inappropriate cos Johnson was offended. If he has so many black mates then maybe he should leave the shit jokes to them.

What is the bes about this is that the Daily Mail is comdemning his as shameful despite the fact they regularly lay out nonsense about immigrants and asylum seekers, stirring up hate amongst those who dont know better.

So, you may be surprised to know that I dont think this makes him racist. But then according to many on here neither does calling a player a ******* ni**er so what do I know?

The racism issue is extremely tricky, something racist and not necessarily colour related appears to be acceptable when said in a like minded group. It is the same with the extremely negative word used when referring to people of African descent, when used by non African descended persons it is seen as extremely rude,racist and demeaning, but when used in the United States by African American's in certain circumstances is quite acceptable, even when used in the company or hearing of whites, but is still totally unacceptable if used by those same whites.

How those who are chosen to arbitrate complaints or reports do so is a puzzle to me, it seems that racism is acceptable if used by those of that race, but is non transferable to others.

Rudolf's Mate

What a belter this guy is.

There'll be more.

Of course there will but still pretty poor from Sky to be dragging up things after so long. You could probably pick any pundit off air and they'd hae made some form of comment which may be taken the wrong way. Doesnt make it right but what the hell are sky playing at. Showing themselves to be the wounded animal and acting like Keys done the dirty and jumped ship.

No you're probably more likely to be a "Cereal Killer". (goodbye !!)

PC Brigade at attention!

Get a grip. Keys has done nothing different to ANYBODY at work, down the pub or at the game.

I'm sure you're right but doing it at work is just stupid. It's fairly tame but coming out with guff like that at work is a sure fire way of getting canned.

Coming out with the "my best friends are black" line is the worst defence as well.

PC Brigade at attention!

These defences that anyone who takes issue with racism (or sexism) is just 'PC brigade' gone mad or that 'everyone does it!' are just the last vestiges of the desperate imo. Worst excuse ever.

As for his comments, again...he just sounds pathetic...but what is clear is that someone really has it in for him. I wonder how many more soundbites like this we'll hear in coming weeks?

Son Of Anarchy

11 years ago.

Mr Keys has really upset someone.

My thoughts too.Someone is going through many many hours of past footage/sound recording etc trying to find as much as possible to throw into the media.He has definetely pumped the wrong persons wife me thinks.

As for the "racist jibe" it was 11 years ago ffs.Times have changed now fair enough but he wasnt exactly advertising for the KKK ffs.

You know when ever I read threads like this I start singing to myself.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never harm/hurt me. They never have.

Maybe over-time I have managed to gain a thick skin.

John

I introduce my black mate as "that guy out of Bloc Party"

IS THAT RACIST DAILY MAIL?!?! I NEED TO KNOW!

it depends, is he in, or does he look like the guy from bloc party?

The use of quotes around 'racist' in the headline sums this story up.

The Mail are essentially running two of their favourite stories ("employee embarasses Rupert Murdoch company" and "It's Political correctness gone mad") at once.

Seymour M Hersh

No it's owned by Ulster Television.

You'd have thought it was owned by Grampian TV, because just like the codheids the banter on TalkSport is often stuck in the 80's!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

What time is his show on today?

Picards Foreskin - racist. Bet it was you who chucked bananas at Walters. :down:

What time is his show on today?

Picards Foreskin - racist. Bet it was you who chucked bananas at Walters. :down:

They're on now apparently. Talksport hasn't been put off air yet either so they must be on best behaviour....

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

They're on now apparently. Talksport hasn't been put off air yet either so they must be on best behaviour....

Yeah just turned it on. 'Keysy' interviewing Ray Wilkins. Hibs ^^^^. :down:

Anyone who is offended by that need to get a ******* grip of themselves.

Johnson? Will he be getting a grip of himself?

Archived