United v City

Le Chat

Gavsy Van Gaverson

As a left footed player, he was one of my idols as kid.

Funny that he is almost forgotten about these days. A truly great player.

Zidane and Rivaldo are like todays Messi and C. Ronaldo.

I think a lot of people lost a lot of respect for him after his cheating at the 2002 World Cup. No doubting his ability though.

For me Zidane and Ronaldo are the two true greats from that era.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alwaysthereinspirit

Rooney`s goal shows the difference between the top level and the rest. It came out of nothing from a player who hadn`t been playing that great in general. But one quality ball in the box and a finish to better it wins the game.

Utd always looked the more likely to me but it always amazes me how Utd have this habit of always finding that goal when it seemingly looks as though its not coming.

City were more concerned about not losing than winning. That attitude wont win titles.

Mike Summerbee is a feckin' tool, had the misfortune of meeting him many years ago at hospitality @ Maine Road he was a feckin' erse then and he does not improve with age., it was the night that Ryan Giggs scored that wonder goal against Arsenal and his shitey side were playing Luton Town and I never went up to watch the 2nd half as the game would make your eyes bleed, horrible wee ******.

Mike Summerbee is an erse, wont be back on sky again.

Bitter blue.

Jesus Christ!

I watched the game today and turned over at FT. Just watched the after match commentary there (Sky+) and I cannot believe this erse. What a bitter slaver.

Made a complete fool of himself. Kept repeating how City totally dominated possession only to be shown the stats which stated that Man Utd had 54% possession and more shots on target too. :lol::whistling:

Jesus Christ!

I watched the game today and turned over at FT. Just watched the after match commentary there (Sky+) and I cannot believe this erse. What a bitter slaver.

Made a complete fool of himself. Kept repeating how City totally dominated possession only to be shown the stats which stated that Man Utd had 54% possession and more shots on target too. :lol::whistling:

Did he say that? deary me. United must have dominated a fair bit of the latter part of the first half and looked to be much more dominant in the 2nd too. Maybe the possession comes from City`s defenders having to clear the ball all the time!

Did he say that? deary me. United must have dominated a fair bit of the latter part of the first half and looked to be much more dominant in the 2nd too. Maybe the possession comes from City`s defenders having to clear the ball all the time!

Yep. It was painful to watch never mind listen to. Granted, City had the majority of play for the fist 30 minutes of the first half, then Utd started to come into the game.

He really did come across as a very bitter old man.

For obvious reasons a lot of attention was given to Rooney's goal. Plenty of replays from all angles. When it showed the three of them in the studio they started to comment on the goal. He interrupted with "that's the eighteenth time we've seen that now" and then started banging on about how they were focussing on Utd and not praising City enough!

Pathetic really. :down:

Jesus Christ!

I was cringing every time he opened his mouth.Nothing you can do when you get beat by a goal like that.Thought City controlled the game though,i was surprised to see the possession and shots on goal stats when they came up.Good hard thought game,would say the derby game is now the number one game for United fans again after so many seasons when the Liverpool game was.

Aye benny. Would agree with all of that. The derby should always be your number one game. They are starting to become the spectacle that they should be. That 4-3 utd game with the added time scandal last season was a topper!

Just watched the recording of this and summerbee has made a complete ****** of himself. The bitters encapsulated!

Reminds me of square heeds pub team jibe.

The bitters remind me of our neighbours from leef. Citeh and hubs are two small trees thirsting for a little sunlight growing in the shade of their bigger, more powerful and bushier bigger siblings!

Know your place summerbee. 35 years!!

Just watched the recording of this and summerbee has made a complete ****** of himself. The bitters encapsulated!

Reminds me of square heeds pub team jibe.

The bitters remind me of our neighbours from leef. Citeh and hubs are two small trees thirsting for a little sunlight growing in the shade of their bigger, more powerful and bushier bigger siblings!

Know your place summerbee. 35 years!!

Oi, capitals with surnames sunshine, Tis Summerbee. Don't forget the forest regenerates. Any road the prem is heddin to Eastlands next year. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

looking at the goal and this is from someone who thinks rooney's a beast, can it really count in the same bracket as trev sinclair wonder strike?

not in my book see if he meant to get his leg low enough to shin it i would say it will never be bettered.

if however on the other hand he was intending to connect with foot then what separates it from the guy who slides at the penalty and hits with his standing foot? both goals but both unintentional. if he was wearing a different guard it hits row z.

sorry his goal against arsenal last year was the real deal that was just a fluke. oh and fergie and man u are jammy as hell, not bitter just a fact with this being a case in point.

jamboinglasgow

It's bizarre how he gets forgotten: he was an unbelievable player. But that awful incident against Turkey in the 2002 World Cup: such shocking cheating, and I think most people just remember him for that instead!

I'm sure you listened to the World Football phone in last week, as Tim Vickery said Rivaldo was the best transfer story of the window. He has become president of one of his first clubs. Decided to sign himself for the club, so mocked a photo of him (president) at the signing of him (player.) Then Rivaldo (president) loaned Rivaldo (player) to top Brazilian club Sao Paulo. And scored a lovely goal on his debut for Sao Paulo

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I'm sure you listened to the World Football phone in last week, as Tim Vickery said Rivaldo was the best transfer story of the window. He has become president of one of his first clubs. Decided to sign himself for the club, so mocked a photo of him (president) at the signing of him (player.) Then Rivaldo (president) loaned Rivaldo (player) to top Brazilian club Sao Paulo. And scored a lovely goal on his debut for Sao Paulo

Check him out for Sao Paulo. Still class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sISQ7OvzqNs

looking at the goal and this is from someone who thinks rooney's a beast, can it really count in the same bracket as trev sinclair wonder strike?

not in my book see if he meant to get his leg low enough to shin it i would say it will never be bettered.

if however on the other hand he was intending to connect with foot then what separates it from the guy who slides at the penalty and hits with his standing foot? both goals but both unintentional. if he was wearing a different guard it hits row z.

sorry his goal against arsenal last year was the real deal that was just a fluke. oh and fergie and man u are jammy as hell, not bitter just a fact with this being a case in point.

:4_1_72: :4_1_72: :4_1_72: :4_1_72:

Raging much? They were really jammy with Citeh's equaliser eh?

:seething:

Funny thing is, the harder they practice, the jammier they get.

wtf??? are you for real?

bigis semiauskas

BWAAAHAHA

Archived