How many more home games

tazhearts

I bought my 'six pack season ticket' today for me and my 4-year-old daughter :rolleyes:

When I was in the ticket office I asked the girl behind the desk if there was a 50/50 chance of there being 7 home games left instead of 6 (if we land 3 home and 2 away after the split).

She said it was very unlikely that there would be 7 home games and it was far more likely to be six, but was unable to explain why.

Is there some sort of mechanism in the split that dictates we will only get two home games after the split? Could it be possible for us to draw both Ranger and Celtic at home after the slit?

confused.com :blink:

Oh and one other question....

I bought my 'six pack season ticket' today for me and my 4-year-old daughter :rolleyes:

When I was in the ticket office I asked the girl behind the desk if there was a 50/50 chance of there being 7 home games left instead of 6 (if we land 3 home and 2 away after the split).

She said it was very unlikely that there would be 7 home games and it was far more likely to be six, but was unable to explain why.

Is there some sort of mechanism in the split that dictates we will only get two home games after the split? Could it be possible for us to draw both Ranger and Celtic at home after the slit?

We had 3 at home during the split last season

It is possible that we could get 3 again this season (although unlikely) depending on which teams are in the top six and how many games each of those has played home and away.

It is possible we could have Rangers and Celtic at home but very very unlikely

If a team that was not expected to make the top six when the fixtures were made at the start of the season actually makes the top six, it throws everything off balance

There is often a team that gets a home game in the split they shouldnt have had i.e when you've already played a team twice at home to balance the fixtures overall you get to play them 3 times at home. Its not generally us though

By the look of the table just now, we'll be away to Rangers, KIlmarnock and Dundee Utd..and home to Celtic and Inverness

Too early to say for definite though

Just out of curiosity did you get issued with a card or actual tickets?

Geoff Kilpatrick

The only possible way we could get 20 home games is if there are 4 teams with 17 home games in the Top 6 post split (since 3 teams have 3 home games and 3 teams have 3 away games so one team will have 20 home games in this scenario).

At present, it is more likely that this scenario would happen in the bottom 6, meaning it is quite likely that one of the 16 game home teams will only have 2 home fixtures post-split.

Home games Before the Split

Celtic 17

Rangers 16

Hearts 17

Kilmarnock 16

Dundee Utd 16

St Johnstone 17

Motherwell 17

Inverness CT 17

Aberdeen 16

Hibernian 16

St Mirren 17

Hamilton 16

If only one of Kilmarnock, Dundee united & Aberdeen make the top six then someone will get an extra home game. Given that we're likely to be clear of 2nd and 4th by that point it would be less controversial to give it to us than anyone else. If those 3 teams all make the top six then someone will have an extra away game

Just out of curiosity did you get issued with a card or actual tickets?

A card. Although the seats I wanted (Section A in Wheatfiled - row 24) were already sold for the Dundee United game so I got two comps (tickets) for the Dundee United game in Section B. And then after that I will use my season ticket card.

Archived