Next 8 games.

Jambomuzz

Well theres 8 games to go untill the split, and to be perfectly honest with you I see no reason why we wont be taking 24/24 points.

We ae the third force in Scotland to prove it we need to beat the best of the rest. That will stick us on 71 points and cap off a great season, regardless of what happens after the split!

Obvcourse there is dout in our minds as nothing is ever simple when it comes to Hearts to say the least, BUT if hearts want to progress we need to start by beating everyone outside the old firm consistantly! I am happy with a 3rd place position this season, but obviously i want to see Hearts challenge, maybe not this season, or the next, or even the one after, but to challenge at all we need to prove that we can finish 3rd, season after season after season. Maybe then we will have the buisness model that every club wishes to have and puts us in a position to challenge the old firm.

jambo_til_i_die

With big Kyle being out I can't see that.

I'd be over the moon with 18/24 with the remaining games.

And if Celtic and Dundee Utd can do us a turn over Rangers we can be there or there abouts. I dont see anyone else taking points off them unless they get some more injuries. But Im hopeful

Well theres 8 games to go untill the split, and to be perfectly honest with you I see no reason why we wont be taking 24/24 points.

We ae the third force in Scotland to prove it we need to beat the best of the rest. That will stick us on 71 points and cap off a great season, regardless of what happens after the split!

Obvcourse there is dout in our minds as nothing is ever simple when it comes to Hearts to say the least, BUT if hearts want to progress we need to start by beating everyone outside the old firm consistantly! I am happy with a 3rd place position this season, but obviously i want to see Hearts challenge, maybe not this season, or the next, or even the one after, but to challenge at all we need to prove that we can finish 3rd, season after season after season. Maybe then we will have the buisness model that every club wishes to have and puts us in a position to challenge the old firm.

I am half pissed and haven't checked but is it not 9 games to the split?

3rd still.............

But hopfully close enough to have the uglies looking over their shoulders with a twisted, worried look on their coupons

:thumbsup:

Realistically I would say still sitting comfortably in 3rd. If we can open up a slightly bigger gap between us and 4th place and grantee 3rd spot before the split and maybe close the gap a little on the O.F then pressure is off and we can have a good go at the ugly duo after the split,

Charlie-Brown

5 wins, 2 draws & 2 defeats (altho obviously hopefully not!) would give us 17 points from 27 available and put us on 65 points pre-split ........... that points total has always been good enough for achieving 3rd in the SPL.

Charlie-Brown

Are you sure?? I thought it was 9, then i counted and got 8...

We play everybody 3 times before the split, 3 x 11 = 33 games, we've only played 24 games so yes 9 games remaining until the split, we don't have to play Rangers, Celtic or St Johnstone again before the split but we do have to play Dundee Utd (theoretically our main rivals for 3rd place) at least another twice this season.

Archived