Matthew Park

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

Matthew Park has joined East Fife on loan for 3 months. This brings the jambo contingent (at least players on our books) at East Fife to 3.)

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20110211/matthew-off-to-east-fife_2241384_2291213

Good luck to him, still amazes me that he is 22 and has not played a single competitive game in the senior game yet. Good signing for East Fife, with fellow Aussie Dylan McGowan and goalkeeper Dean Lyness.

Charlie-Brown

He's been on the bench for Hearts first team on several ocassions in SPL games & also Europe but never got on. Good luck to him at new Bayview. :)

Good luck to him, would like to say hope he comes back to fight for a place but his lack of game time so far has me sceptical about that and makes me think he could be on his way out.

Either way hope the loan deal goes well for him thumbsup.gif

Matthew Park has joined East Fife on loan for 3 months. This brings the jambo contingent (at least players on our books) at East Fife to 3.)

http://www.heartsfc....2241384_2291213

Good luck to him, still amazes me that he is 22 and has not played a single competitive game in the senior game yet. Good signing for East Fife, with fellow Aussie Dylan McGowan and goalkeeper Dean Lyness.

Park seems like a decent player played well last week at east fife. Like you I would have thought he have played for first team by now hopefully a stint at east fife will do him good. I just hope the success of our first team this season and the need for results does n't stop some of the youngsters getting a chance.

Was it you that used that used to post the thread about the progress of all the players on loan and how they are getting on?

There seems to have been a lot of activity and I'm not sure who's where and whos back and how they all got (and are getting) on.

jamboinglasgow

Park seems like a decent player played well last week at east fife. Like you I would have thought he have played for first team by now hopefully a stint at east fife will do him good. I just hope the success of our first team this season and the need for results does n't stop some of the youngsters getting a chance.

Was it you that used that used to post the thread about the progress of all the players on loan and how they are getting on?

There seems to have been a lot of activity and I'm not sure who's where and whos back and how they all got (and are getting) on.

Fair enough I will update you.

SPL

Arvydas Novikovas - St Johnstone

First Division

Conrad Balatoni - Partick Thistle

Johnny Stewart - Dundee

Johnny Brown - Stirling Albion

Gordon Smith - Stirling Albion

Second Division

Mark Ridgers - Airdrie United

Dylan McGowan - East Fife

Dean Lyness - East Fife

Matthew Park - East Fife

Returned from Loan

Jamie Mole - who was at Raith Rovers

David Witteveen - who was at Dundee (now left the club)

Paul Mulrooney - who was at Brechin City

Michael Deland - who was at East Fife

Will try to find out how all are getting on.

Does anybody think these guys have a future at Hearts? Some of them are early 20's now and nowhere near featuring for the 1st team.

What exactly is JJ's policy on the youth? As far as I can see it seems non existent.

had high hopes for paul robinson looked the part under shaba but seems to have fallen away thought he would have been a jj type player if his contract is up hope he gets his form back soon

Fair enough I will update you.

SPL

First Division

Johnny Stewart - Dundee

Second Division

Dean Lyness - East Fife

Matthew Park - East Fife

Returned from Loan

Jamie Mole - who was at Raith Rovers

Paul Mulrooney - who was at Brechin City

Michael Deland - who was at East Fife

Will try to find out how all are getting on.

thanks for the update.

Rudolf's Mate

What exactly is JJ's policy on the youth? As far as I can see it seems non existent.

Possibly a wee bit harsh. If the boys aren't good enough then why would you bleed them into a team which has done well?

Ok there is an argument for why they are still at the club but maybe they see something in them.

Don't know if true but my mate in work who is a Southampton fan told me that boy they have who is being looked at by the gunners, man city etc was actually on Portsmouths books. When they hit financial trouble they got rid off pretty much all the youngsters with Southampton getting him for nowt.

had high hopes for paul robinson looked the part under shaba but seems to have fallen away thought he would have been a jj type player if his contract is up hope he gets his form back soon

Paul Mulrooney or Scott Robinson? Robinsons still young and in the u19s so no point rushing him back into the first team and having another jamie mole in the team.

If mulrooney, well he's been loaned out, theres better players in the first team so he'll have to wait around or go back on loan to get first team games

paul robinson never going to be a jamie mole was impressed when he broke into the first team all action full of energy frightened of no one the nearest i have seen to colin cameron whoom jj built a team around the last time he was here

Park came on for 20mins as East Fife won 2-0. D McGowan played the full game.

Johnny Stewart started and was subbed after 58mins-Dundee won 2-1.

Mark Ridgers played the full game for Airdrie which finished 1-1.

Brown and Smith played for Stirling but neither scored, ended 0-0.

paul robinson never going to be a jamie mole was impressed when he broke into the first team all action full of energy frightened of no one the nearest i have seen to colin cameron whoom jj built a team around the last time he was here

Say what HOBO?

Say what HOBO?

Definately not a HOBO mate. I know the guy! Maybe a keen follower of neighbours maybe who got a bit mixed up with names!

scott herbertson

Definately not a HOBO mate. I know the guy! Maybe a keen follower of neighbours maybe who got a bit mixed up with names!

It's Saturday evening, Hearts have won, getting a few names worng is eckshusable

"hic"

robinsons got a terrible goal scoreing record at u19s scored a two yard tap in at ibrox and u think he,ll make it steady on .... done plenty running under csaba but nothing else...

robinsons got a terrible goal scoreing record at u19s scored a two yard tap in at ibrox and u think he,ll make it steady on .... done plenty running under csaba but nothing else...

Your eyes must be painted on then. The ONLY shining light from youth (ct excluded) in my opinion.

Johanes de Silentio

I don't think you know anything about football - just my opinion! :thumbsup:

he plays in midfield for the youths.

Johanes de Silentio

I thought Witteveen had left Hearts?

Out of interest, how are East Fife allowed to bring in a player outwith the window?

Also, kudos to Gordon Smith and Johnny Brown for giving my disabled nephew some Hearts kit at the David Lloyd centre last week! :thumbsup:

only started playing midfeild this season i think you,ll find ken enought that he will not make it at hearts.. not rated FACT... And refised to go on loan. but i ken nowt time will tell

jamboinglasgow

only started playing midfeild this season i think you,ll find ken enought that he will not make it at hearts.. not rated FACT... And refised to go on loan. but i ken nowt time will tell

er, I think you find he played all last season in midfield for the U19s until he was called up to the first team by Csaba who used him as a striker.

jamboinglasgow

I thought Witteveen had left Hearts?

Out of interest, how are East Fife allowed to bring in a player outwith the window?

Also, kudos to Gordon Smith and Johnny Brown for giving my disabled nephew some Hearts kit at the David Lloyd centre last week! :thumbsup:

sorry, meant that he had left Hearts but can see how that looks like he has just left dundee.

East Fife brought Matty Park in by emergency loan, think loan deals are possible outside the transfer window in the SFL.

Johanes de Silentio

sorry, meant that he had left Hearts but can see how that looks like he has just left dundee.

East Fife brought Matty Park in by emergency loan, think loan deals are possible outside the transfer window in the SFL.

Cheers, mate - and sorry about the Witteveen thing - as per usual, I didn't read the post correctly! :rolleyes:

Johanes de Silentio

ok sorry scott robinson still stand by original statement

Apart from getting his name wrong, your post was pretty much bang on! :thumbsup:

Wasn't Paul Robinson in Neighbours?

Johanes de Silentio

still is the last time i looked would hate to see scott leave hearts believe he has abig future for us

Yup - totally aggree - cracking wee player, imo! :)

SPL

First Division

Johnny Stewart - Dundee

Second Division

Dean Lyness - East Fife

Matthew Park - East Fife

From what i gather only Smith and Ary have a definite future at Hearts and as previously discussed the rest of the over 19s not on loan can all go, better out in the open than this kidding on that Hearts are the business at developing youngsters, the fact Hibs have four in under 21s and we have only the one is a worrying stat.

Jambof3tornado

still is the last time i looked would hate to see scott leave hearts believe he has abig future for us

I thought Hubby had a future here as well!!

Charlie-Brown

SPL

First Division

Johnny Stewart - Dundee

Second Division

Dean Lyness - East Fife

Matthew Park - East Fife

From what i gather only Smith and Ary have a definite future at Hearts and as previously discussed the rest of the over 19s not on loan can all go, better out in the open than this kidding on that Hearts are the business at developing youngsters, the fact Hibs have four in under 21s and we have only the one is a worrying stat.

You gather this information from whom?

Why are you so impressed by Hibs youth development? Oh and by the way Hearts had 2 U21's (Thomson & Ridgers) plus Novikovas has played full international level.

I think it's a big step forward that all these players are out on loan, and having a good chance to get regular games (and, if they can't crack the first teams of these clubs, then there has to be a question as to whether they will ever be good enough for Hearts). I know we want to bring young players through, but there aren't many spots in the first team where I would want to do that right now, so I think people are better off on loan than sitting around playing occasional bounce games as they were under Csaba. I'm sure a number of them are in a position where they have to impress to be kept on, and this way they get the chance to do that.

Does anybody think these guys have a future at Hearts? Some of them are early 20's now and nowhere near featuring for the 1st team.

I don't think you can expect JJ to play youth players he's not seen much of. It's highly unlikely he was involved in the signing of any of them, and watching them play U19s football is a hugh difference from them playing first team.

Had he signed them and watched them train daily for 3 or 4 years he might be tempted to give them a go, but given he's been back at the club under a year, he doesn't know the players and his main focus was improving 1st team fortunes sending young players out on loan seems the best policy.

Given the lack of reserve league and the first team playing so well, it's the only way he can get a look at them playing decent competitive football.

I don't think you can expect JJ to play youth players he's not seen much of. It's highly unlikely he was involved in the signing of any of them, and watching them play U19s football is a hugh difference from them playing first team.

Had he signed them and watched them train daily for 3 or 4 years he might be tempted to give them a go, but given he's been back at the club under a year, he doesn't know the players and his main focus was improving 1st team fortunes sending young players out on loan seems the best policy.

Given the lack of reserve league and the first team playing so well, it's the only way he can get a look at them playing decent competitive football.

I'm one of these tubes that does not bother watching the under 19's but wants JJ to throw in the likes of Robinson and Park. TBH i'm a wee bit disappointed that we have not started bleeding some of the youth players into the team. I think this is the problem causes by how well we are doing right now, when we are comfortable in games we should give the kids a run out, like we did with novi against aberdeen etc. As mention by sothers not having a reserve league is hampering their progress. overall we must have one of the youngest team in the spl with players like Eggy and driver who seem to be around for ages only being 21, on top of temps, thomson, etc.

RE: David Witteveen

I heard was he was trying to move to the U.S to join a 'pool' of MLS players. (apparently the league signs players and loans them to clubs or somesuch nonsense)

I assume he never made the grade as last I heard was he was on trial at Stirling.

the fact Hibs have four in under 21s and we have only the one is a worrying stat.

don't talk rubbish.

As already pointed out:

Novikovas, Ridgers, Thomson

plus:

Dylan and Ryan McGowan have represented Australia at U-20

then it is worth considering a good few of our players are 22-23 and have progressed on to their national teams full squads.

We can hardly claim credit for Ridgers and avi and neither can Hibs with Galbraith re youth development

Anyway i am entitled to my opinion of the fact that Hubs have developed 3 out of 4 players in the Scotland 21s whereas Hearts only have Thommo.

Looking at the australians only Dylan now has a chance, as getting a game next year will be even harder.

"then it is worth considering a good few of our players are 22-23 and have progressed on to their national teams full squads"

Not sure what you mean as am only discussing youth players/under 21s.

We can hardly claim credit for Ridgers and avi and neither can Hibs with Galbraith re youth development

Anyway i am entitled to my opinion of the fact that Hubs have developed 3 out of 4 players in the Scotland 21s whereas Hearts only have Thommo.

Looking at the australians only Dylan now has a chance, as getting a game next year will be even harder.

I don't get your point especially the comparison between Novi/Galbraith.

of the Hearts players mentioned, they would not be considered for U-21/International honours if they were not with Hearts, all of those players were also signed at a young age (around 16/17) and then brought on at Hearts during a critical time in their development so yes we can take credit

Are you saying the 4 players with Hibs were all there prior tot he age of 16?

jamboinglasgow

"then it is worth considering a good few of our players are 22-23 and have progressed on to their national teams full squads"

If we can't claim ridgers who came to hearts aged 16, Hibs can't claim Wotherspoon who came to Hibs from Celtic aged 17.

I'm one of these tubes that does not bother watching the under 19's but wants JJ to throw in the likes of Robinson and Park. TBH i'm a wee bit disappointed that we have not started bleeding some of the youth players into the team. I think this is the problem causes by how well we are doing right now, when we are comfortable in games we should give the kids a run out, like we did with novi against aberdeen etc. As mention by sothers not having a reserve league is hampering their progress. overall we must have one of the youngest team in the spl with players like Eggy and driver who seem to be around for ages only being 21, on top of temps, thomson, etc.

I think we will see more young lads get a game towards the end of the season. We may well find ourselves in a situation where results will have little impact on our final league position. There could easily be a situation where we may be 12-15 points clear of fourth but 10-12 points off second with only three games left. I'd be using those games to bring in some of the youngsters and telling them to win themselves a place on the training camp/friendly tour in the summer with a view to becoming a genuine first team squad member. I would expect Robinson to successfully grab this opportunity, as would Novi if he is back from loan. It would also be the perfect time to see if Ryan McGowan has a future by testing him against decent opposition.

I think at the moment we are still in a very important part of the season and we would be putting a lot of necessary pressure on these young lads if we threw them in at the wrong time. Pencil them in for appearances from the bench when we are a few goals up and then some starts when our final league position seems pretty set.

Frankenstein Jambo.

This one is potentially a Hobbo.

"This one is potentially a Hobbo".

No i am not, just because others report our youths as being the best i am putting another view across

My gripe is mainly with those that reckon our Under 19s are super duper. They have lost two games 7-0 this season and to me are under achieving

The fact Hubs have four in the Under 21s and we have one worries me, the 17s lost 3-0 to sellic at the weekend but played ok, i am getting a complex about one or two calling me a hobo by the way guys, but the Prancer claim was a step too far.

The amount of players we have on our books as full time is unmanagaeable in my opinion and judging by the amount on loan/not playing at the age of 22 and under is a worry.

No i am not, just because others report our youths as being the best i am putting another view across

My gripe is mainly with those that reckon our Under 19s are super duper. They have lost two games 7-0 this season and to me are under achieving

The fact Hubs have four in the Under 21s and we have one worries me, the 17s lost 3-0 to sellic at the weekend but played ok, i am getting a complex about one or two calling me a hobo by the way guys, but the Prancer claim was a step too far.

The amount of players we have on our books as full time is unmanagaeable in my opinion and judging by the amount on loan/not playing at the age of 22 and under is a worry.

Except we've got 2 players in the U21's haven't we. And you seem to base much of your ideas on the words of a Hibs coach.

Charlie-Brown

If it looks like a 'prancer' and posts like a 'prancer' then to my mind chances are ....... or maybe you're just a brother or cousin. ;)

jamboinglasgow

Let me get this right, your treating a 7-0 friendly defeat as important as a league game. What about a 6-0 victory over Newcastle United at the start of the season, does thrashing a premier league academy show just as much the other way.

Charlie-Brown

Let me get this right, your treating a 7-0 friendly defeat as important as a league game. What about a 6-0 victory over Newcastle United at the start of the season, does thrashing a premier league academy show just as much the other way.

he thinks the U19's are not super-duper like everyone says but they are also somehow under-achieving even though they are 3rd in the SPL U19 league behind Rangers & Celtic .... so does he think they are good or bad?

Except we've got 2 players in the U21's haven't we. And you seem to base much of your ideas on the words of a Hibs coach.

He does have a point though. Maybe not about the number of players in the u21's but how sentimental some seem to be over our young players.

We do keep too many of them on for far too long, when they clearly aren't going to make it.

IMO.

Archived