Scott Fox, Airdrie. ?21,880

Charles Joseph Grant, Hamilton. ?24,951.00

Brian Kerr, Motherwell. ?79,908

Nzaji Kuqi, Colchester. ?46,451

Colin McMenamin, Glasgow. ?27,503

Paul McHale, Stirling. ?26,957

Eric Paton, Glenboig. ?67,102

Dominic Shimmin, Glasgow. ?66,551

Currently Contracted Employees (all c/o Dundee FC, Dens Park Stadium)

Sean Higgins ?17,333.33

Leigh Griffiths ?73,666.66

Stephen O'Donnell ?14,083.33

Kyle Benedictus. ?5,416.66

Craig McKeown ?17,333.33

Robert Douglas ?18,416.66

Gary Irvine ?15,166.66

Rhys Weston ?17,333.33

Gary Harkins ?88,400

Craig Forsyth ?8666.66

Matthew Lockwood ?19,500

Nick Riley, ?13,000

Loan Accounts

R. Brannan, Inverkeithing. ?245,000

C. Melville, Aberdeen. ?1,022,000

J. Bennett, ?200,000

R. Bodie, Dundee. ?20,000

Should note i don't know anything regarding the above. Was just a quick cut and paste job from another forum.

Charlie-Brown

The creditors voted FOR the CVA agreement to give them 6p in the pound recovery on their debts, presumably this was the best offer possible save for liquidating Dundee Football Club. Most of the creditors seem to be local businesses and possibly adverse to puting Dundee out of business.

Tell me why these people voted to accept 6p in the pound? If I was owed ?150 I would have written off ?9 to see them go burst.

Including Hearts, for over ?11k. :unsure:

Should note i don't know anything regarding the above. Was just a quick cut and paste job from another forum.

Looking at the bottom of that post , some players have been crucfied by the club.

Leigh Griffiths - ?73 K !!

jamboinglasgow

Tell me why these people voted to accept 6p in the pound? If I was owed ?150 I would have written off ?9 to see them go burst.

For them its better to get something rather then nothing.

As for what they owe us, i imagine it is probably part of the loan of the witt.

Gordon Chisholm, Glasgow. ?91,313.76

William Dodds, Glasgow. ?77,899.68

Mickael Antoine-Curier, Edinburgh. ?53,914

Scott Fox, Airdrie. ?21,880

Charles Joseph Grant, Hamilton. ?24,951.00

Brian Kerr, Motherwell. ?79,908

Nzaji Kuqi, Colchester. ?46,451

Colin McMenamin, Glasgow. ?27,503

Paul McHale, Stirling. ?26,957

Eric Paton, Glenboig. ?67,102

Dominic Shimmin, Glasgow. ?66,551

Currently Contracted Employees (all c/o Dundee FC, Dens Park Stadium)

Sean Higgins ?17,333.33

Leigh Griffiths ?73,666.66

Stephen O'Donnell ?14,083.33

Kyle Benedictus. ?5,416.66

Craig McKeown ?17,333.33

Robert Douglas ?18,416.66

Gary Irvine ?15,166.66

Rhys Weston ?17,333.33

Gary Harkins ?88,400

Craig Forsyth ?8666.66

Matthew Lockwood ?19,500

Nick Riley, ?13,000

The best offer to save Dundee Football Club would be to sell their stadium for development land (assuming the club owns the stadium and land) and ground share with Dundee United and then pay off all their debts!

But that's just my opinion.

Guest juvehearts

The best offer to save Dundee Football Club would be to sell their stadium for development land (assuming the club owns the stadium and land) and ground share with Dundee United and then pay off all their debts!

it seems the most logical option IMO, its crazy that the 2 clubs have grounds yards from each other

one company on that list has been due my company money for the last 7 months and have been deliberately evasive in paying up. delighted they are losing out. pr1cks.

Does Calum Melville not own Dens Park?

Dens Park isn't owned by Dundee Football club - it is owned by an Arab (Utd fan - ex-director I think)

Does Calum Melville not own Dens Park?

Yep

Surely this puts our odd 'late payment' into perspective :whistling:

Jeezo. did Dundee FC actually pay ANY of their bills in recent years ??

So we'll get back around ?695 from an ?11k debt? Blimey. You have to wonder how anyone ends up agreeing to these CVAs, totally mad. You're basically agreeing to take absolutely nothing and allow them to carry on their merry way. Good news for some of the employees but certainly not all. Those debts to players are outrageous. They might be footballers but I can't imagine that any of them are necessarily rich enough to lose tens of thousands of pounds.

Charlie-Brown

So we'll get back around ?695 from an ?11k debt? Blimey. You have to wonder how anyone ends up agreeing to these CVAs, totally mad. You're basically agreeing to take absolutely nothing and allow them to carry on their merry way. Good news for some of the employees but certainly not all. Those debts to players are outrageous. They might be footballers but I can't imagine that any of them are necessarily rich enough to lose tens of thousands of pounds.

I think the remaining employees are covered by a separate agreement by the administrator and there was a bit of a stushie that Bryan Jackson was sitting on a pile of several hundred thousand pounds that wasn't available to the creditors but was reserved to pay the players and cover running costs until the end of this season.

Have often wondered what the price was for the Hearts debt which UBIG/Ukio took on from the Bank of Scotland.

Presumably not as low as 6% as the club did not get that far down the road, but must have been a sizeable haircut.

On Dundee, it is incredible that twice within 10 years Walter Mitty's were brought in to splurge on players.

HMRC usually want the full amount.

I think the creditors have 2 weeks to appeal and I reckon HMRC will do exactly that.

Scumdee are not safe yet.

Sore one for Sandeman Properties, who must be the people who own Dens. I thought Dundee owed the taxman loads as well, or have I just missed that.

Also, I thought football debts had to be paid in full in these situations - I seem to remember that was the reason that Revenue and Customs went to court with Portsmouth, because they thought it was unfair that football creditors could get all their cash back, while Portsmouth effectively paid very little of their outstanding tax bill.

Sore one for Sandeman Properties, who must be the people who own Dens. I thought Dundee owed the taxman loads as well, or have I just missed that.

Also, I thought football debts had to be paid in full in these situations - I seem to remember that was the reason that Revenue and Customs went to court with Portsmouth, because they thought it was unfair that football creditors could get all their cash back, while Portsmouth effectively paid very little of their outstanding tax bill.

They are the creditor immediately above Sandeman Properties! :thumbsup:

Thats a hefty list of people they owe money to. It looks like they havent a bill for years in some cases. Absolute scandal this has happened and for a second time too.

Charlie-Brown

Football creditors get priority status and preferance before most other creditors except employees I think however i don't think any creditor is guaranteed to get paid in full - if a company is insolvent or simply doens't have enough assets to cover the debt then payment in full will simply not be possible. I think HMRC will continue to be tough with Dundee FC and probably every other football club as a result of clubs not making good on their tax dues.

Have often wondered what the price was for the Hearts debt which UBIG/Ukio took on from the Bank of Scotland.

Presumably not as low as 6% as the club did not get that far down the road, but must have been a sizeable haircut.

On Dundee, it is incredible that twice within 10 years Walter Mitty's were brought in to splurge on players.

I see your point but at the time was it not a case that the value of the land basically = our BOS debt ?

However Vlad may well have secured a good deal for the ?20m debt. with BoS taking maybe a wee haircut ( ?1-2m )

for guaranteed 'cash in hand' while avoiding the risk of a public outcry should they be seen to be evicting HMFC ?

They are the creditor immediately above Sandeman Properties! :thumbsup:

Thats a hefty list of people they owe money to. It looks like they havent a bill for years in some cases. Absolute scandal this has happened and for a second time too.

That's exactly what I said

They've taken in huge loans etc and dont APPEAR to have paid out a bolt !

Where the **** has the money gone ?

Fort Vallance

Apparently the money they received from Wolves for Griffiths was not included in their assets and will be used as "working capital".

i read that the players weren't added to the creditors list and included in the CVA. they were supposed to have been offered a ringfenced settlement separate from the CVA 6% settlement. HMRC were said to be challenging it.

The Old Tolbooth

It's absolutely criminal that they've not been hammered anywhere near as hard as Livingston were, especially considering this is their second time in recent years!

Personally I think they should be relegated to the bottom league too.

It's absolutely criminal that they've not been hammered anywhere near as hard as Livingston were, especially considering this is their second time in recent years!

Personally I think they should be relegated to the bottom league too.

i think if they are still in administration once the season has finished they will be relegated to div 3. IIRC that was part of the reason livi were relegated to div 3 rather than just docked points

Charlie-Brown

i think if they are still in administration once the season has finished they will be relegated to div 3. IIRC that was part of the reason livi were relegated to div 3 rather than just docked points

Livingston were still in administration when the season was due to begin and couldn't give sufficient guarantees they could fulfill their fixtures that is why they got dumped to the bottom.

Livingston were still in administration when the season was due to begin and couldn't give sufficient guarantees they could fulfill their fixtures that is why they got dumped to the bottom.

ahh cheers i knew it was something like that

At a guess I'd say it was because they are not as nasty as you.

The Old Tolbooth

Slightly different circumstances I guess, but it still doesn't excuse them the fact that it's the second time they've been there.

Slightly different circumstances I guess, but it still doesn't excuse them the fact that it's the second time they've been there.

Was it not the second or indeed third time that Livi had been in administration too? :unsure:

givememychoice

The worst part of the ?11000 due to Hearts is that it shows how much Witteveen was earning.

how long was he away? (just checked...3 months)

so, less than a grand a week?

Im shocked.

(actually,i just about am. I struggle to see why some lower level players move clubs when their salary is not huge. (yes, i appreciate it would be about ?45k, but to have to move every year or so, work on new years day, have 20000 people booing you etc)

Given the alledged contract offer to webster before he left was about ?18k....that would be less than 3 weeks of his wage = witteveen's annual salary.

I think the average person earns roughly ?1m in their lifetime (total salary in todays prices)

so, if he is on 50k/pa, and a 15 year career, then he only gets ?750k.

Im not saying he is hard done by, but some of the people who have labelled him a wage thief seem to be a bit harsh

Though, this all depends on the original assumption.

It could be that he was being paid ?11k a week, or that he was being paid 25% of his wages by dundee and 75% by hearts.

I just dont know.

Francis Albert

he also got rather upset on the radio that the administrator had breached that confidentiality.

That Billy Dodds is about ?75k out of pocket has brought a small ray of sunshine to my day.

The Old Tolbooth

Was it not the second or indeed third time that Livi had been in administration too? :unsure:

If so, I didn't realise that :unsure:

That Billy Dodds is about ?75k out of pocket has brought a small ray of sunshine to my day.

YES!

:D

he also got rather upset on the radio that the administrator had breached that confidentiality.

That was a massive parting shot at Dodds by Bryan Jackson.

He's fought to keep the business running and there's Billy Dodds who's earned a lot from football and stayed in employment (by doing media work) demanding full whack. Jackson was definitely getting one over on Dodds.

Dodds has been stiffed out of a lot of cash but he's ending up with ?4.5k as a pay off and has licence fee cash for working on Sportsound - he should count himself lucky. Most don't get the luck he has... :down:

Francis Albert

That was a massive parting shot at Dodds by Bryan Jackson.

He's fought to keep the business running and there's Billy Dodds who's earned a lot from football and stayed in employment (by doing media work) demanding full whack. Jackson was definitely getting one over on Dodds.

Dodds has been stiffed out of a lot of cash but he's ending up with ?4.5k as a pay off and has licence fee cash for working on Sportsound - he should count himself lucky. Most don't get the luck he has... :down:

Reading the Courier article quoted in an earlier post I see that Dodds (and Chisholm's) claim was apparently not for unpaid back pay as I had assumed but for future pay for the balance of his contract. So he has not been stiffed out of any income he actually earned, and as you say for some reason (God knows why) walked back into his old BBC job. He should have been grateful for the 6% in the circumstances. Sort of confirms my opinion of the man.

Archived