Tour buses

H2

When i go on holiday I love to do the tour buses, what is the best your have been on? I think Edinburgh tour buses are better than the rest. The worst I've been on is Startford Upon Avon.

Edinburgh's tour buses are brilliant. I've been on them a few times and you really don't need to be a tourist to enjoy them. thumbsup.gif

Other than that, Barcelona's were probably my favourite. The tour guide talk thing was very interesting and as the sights are so spread out across the city it made a lot of sense to use them rather than public transport.

The weirdest tour bus I've been on was probably Belfast. The first day we went along to try and do the tour, the guide chap wanders up to us and makes this dramatic announcement that we might not be able to leave because of petrol bomb activity in the west of the city. I thought he was kidding and that it was part of the tour so I grinned, turns out he was being perfectly serious...oops. Needless to say we didn't go that day but went back the next and managed to get around the whole route unscathed.

my least favourite was belfast. getting driven round all the pubs where there are folk with battle scars standing outside having a fag. not really a photo opportunity. more a voyeuristic look into one of the most shameful parts of british/irish society. the rest of the tour was good.

boston was great, but outside singing the cheers theme tune, i cant quite remember why. probably just the guy doing it was entertaining.

Only been on London and Cardiff.. rained on the Cardiff one and we were stuck upstairs :yucky:

Done Belfast good tour worth it just to see stormont

Dublin more in the city to see than Belfast

Gothenburg pretty boring

Copenhagen on a boat tour very good

Amsterdam bus and boat tours both good

my least favourite was belfast. getting driven round all the pubs where there are folk with battle scars standing outside having a fag. not really a photo opportunity. more a voyeuristic look into one of the most shameful parts of british/irish society. the rest of the tour was good.

boston was great, but outside singing the cheers theme tune, i cant quite remember why. probably just the guy doing it was entertaining.

Well yes, that part was all a wee bit awkward and uncomfortable. Plenty of locals give you a good glare but no wonder, they must feel a bit like they're in some sort of zoo. I did wonder how appropriate it was but I won't fib and say I didn't find it fascinating to see the areas that had so often been on the news etc. Won't be doing it again though.

J Cheever Loophole

One of my mates mum and gran were on holiday in Port Seton and 1 day they went on a mystery tour bus and ended at Alva Glen so they nipped doon the road checked the hoose oot and had a cuppa then got the bus back to their caravan.TWOO its TWOO.

Matthew Le Tissier

Ave done edinburgh, glasgow, london, portsmouth and bournemouth. Tbh the london one was brilliant for the sights ,but the pompey one was a laugh as i had my saints top on and got a fair few looks =D. Not done the edinburgh one in years tho. The horrible historys commentry sounds quiet intresting tho.

The Treasurer

Enjoyed the Edinburgh one, it's amazing what you don't know or notice about your own city.

But the best for me was New York just for the number of "familiar" landmarks that you've seen countless times on tv or in movies

Not been on the edinburgh one I am ashamed to say but now the wee lad is 3 yrs old. might give it a bash in the summer.

I actually really liked the Belfast one although we did get soaked as it started raining.

Not done the London one for a good 8 or 9 yrs but it was ace last time.

• 1 month later...

Of the Edinburgh bus tours, which one would you recommend?

The one that has the live commentry.

The one that has the live commentry.

Agree wi that - live commentary makes a huge difference.

Hannibal Lecter

The Belfast one for me was pretty good. Maybe that was more to do with the wee hottie that was doing the commentary :whistling:

Archived