From The Beeb Gossip

Guest GhostHunter

Guest GhostHunter
Gretna's Aurelien Collin and Michael Buscher will learn on Tuesday if they will be allowed by Fifa to leave the club and sign for another one. (Various)

Striker Fabian Yantorno is expected to leave Gretna as the cash-strapped club cannot afford medical treatment on his knee. (The Herald)

Interesting to see where Yantorno ends up given we were supposedly meant to be taking him after his season with Gretna expired....

Given he has a dodgy knee I reckon it's a nap he ends up with us!

Christ we do more medical work for South America than Medecin Sans Frontiers!

Interesting to see where Yantorno ends up given we were supposedly meant to be taking him after his season with Gretna expired....

Think i read yesterday that Oldham are interested in Yantorno

Dr. Bapswent
Think i read yesterday that Oldham are interested in Yantorno

From Gretna to Oldham.

The boys golden goose finally delivers.

from what ive seen of yantorno hes a good player.

personally id love to see Aurelin Collin in a hearts strip, ok so he played in defence for a team bottom of the league but if u look at him individually i reckon in a better team he'd be a solid defender.

From Gretna to Oldham.

The boys golden goose finally delivers.

I'd say Oldham are only smaller than 5 teams in Scotland so it ain't a bad move for the boy! Gary McDonald upped his career when he went to the Latics from Killie.

I'd say Oldham are only smaller than 5 teams in Scotland so it ain't a bad move for the boy! Gary McDonald upped his career when he went to the Latics from Killie.

If they're good enough for Neil Pointon...

from what ive seen of yantorno hes a good player.

personally id love to see Aurelin Collin in a hearts strip, ok so he played in defence for a team bottom of the league but if u look at him individually i reckon in a better team he'd be a solid defender.

I concur, Collin looks the part to me. He's a no nonsense centre back with decent experience. Certainly better option than Karipidis who looks scared to header the ball and Zaliukas who thinks he is Beckenbaur!

Given he has a dodgy knee I reckon it's a nap he ends up with us!

Christ we do more medical work for South America than Medecin Sans Frontiers!

Rangers will come in with a higher bid!!

funktasticlad
I concur, Collin looks the part to me. He's a no nonsense centre back with decent experience. Certainly better option than Karipidis who looks scared to header the ball and Zaliukas who thinks he is Beckenbaur!

Agree totally, Collin does look like a good player we should snap him and Yantorno up. Are they both not pretty young as well?

Guest JamboRobbo

Is this some sort of joke? Am I missing something?

Are we seriously in a position where we should snap up two players from the team that is about to be relegated with the worst points score in the history of the SPL?

I guess it's not impossible they are players, but the other 9 players in their team must be really rubbish if these boys are any good.

I'd expect signings of this sort from the hobos (e.g. that numpty they signed in january window), but not HMFC.

funktasticlad

Are we seriously in a position where we should snap up two players from the team that is about to be relegated with the worst points score in the history of the SPL?

I guess it's not impossible they are players, but the other 9 players in their team must be really rubbish if these boys are any good.

I'd expect signings of this sort from the hobos (e.g. that numpty they signed in january window), but not HMFC.

Granted but if we can pick them up for nothing and offer them short term contracts till the end of the season it cant hurt to have a look at them. I'd imagine they wouldnt cost much in terms of wages seeing as they're at gretna.

Surely a club without a manager would not be making signings but instead getting the manager in first assessing his squad then he decides what players he needs. Even if the talk was about a top player it still should be irrelevant as we doint have a manager to make the signing

Lucky we didn't sign Hartley from St Johnstone or Webster from Arbroath or Colin Cameron from Raith or the boys JJ had at Falkirk then. Taking good players from "smaller" clubs never works. :P

Guest JamboRobbo
Agree totally, Collin does look like a good player we should snap him and Yantorno up. Are they both not pretty young as well?

Fair enough if they are young, and it's on a trial basis. I think we should be aiming higher though.

Guest JamboRobbo
Lucky we didn't sign Hartley from St Johnstone or Webster from Arbroath or Colin Cameron from Raith or the boys JJ had at Falkirk then. Taking good players from "smaller" clubs never works. :P

Individual players cherry picked from smaller clubs. Of course it can work if the right player is picked. Hartley was outstanding for a year for St Johnstone before we signed him (best player in div 1 that year). Cameron had been outstanding for Raith for a good few years and was by far the best player at the club at the time (better than Dair, Crawford and the rest).

It seems to me that the chances of there being 2 players at Gretna right now who fit this category is very very slim.

Guest GhostHunter
Fair enough if they are young, and it's on a trial basis. I think we should be aiming higher though.

Two things...

Young players with a modicum of ability, coupled with a good manager, COULD be an asset to any club.

So, were we to bring a couple of young Gretna players in, added to the new manager( :rolleyes:) - you never know, they could turn into the next Webster/Hartley etc etc.

If not - they get shipped out.

Individual players cherry picked from smaller clubs. Of course it can work if the right player is picked. Hartley was outstanding for a year for St Johnstone before we signed him (best player in div 1 that year). Cameron had been outstanding for Raith for a good few years and was by far the best player at the club at the time (better than Dair, Crawford and the rest).

It seems to me that the chances of there being 2 players at Gretna right now who fit this category is very very slim.

Are Yantorno and Collin not individual players? Imo Colllin doesn't seem to be any better than what we have but I have been impressed with Yantorno. By far they're best player, imho they're best player in a very bad bunch. Think he would do well. Was they're not a rumour that it was Hearts that brought him over to get a season under his belt?? Might be wrong.

Guest JamboRobbo
Two things...

Young players with a modicum of ability, coupled with a good manager, COULD be an asset to any club.

So, were we to bring a couple of young Gretna players in, added to the new manager( :rolleyes:) - you never know, they could turn into the next Webster/Hartley etc etc.

If not - they get shipped out.

Agree they could. But I think the chances are slim.

If we were to cherry pick a player who our manager had been watching for a while, fair enough. I doubt this is the case though. Especially given we don't have a manager. ;)

Guest GhostHunter
Agree they could. But I think the chances are slim.

If we were to cherry pick a player who our manager had been watching for a while, fair enough. I doubt this is the case though. Especially given we don't have a manager. ;)

Given they wont cost anything, and will be on low wages - it's surely a chance worth taking ? manager or not....

Guest JamboRobbo
Are Yantorno and Collin not individual players?

Aye. But they are at the same club. The club with a horrible horrible record of defeats.

I could see there maybe being a single decent player hiding, even in a team as rubbish as Gretna. I can't see there being 2 decent players hiding there though.

Guest JamboRobbo
Given they wont cost anything, and will be on low wages - it's surely a chance worth taking ? manager or not....

We'll have to agree to disagree I guess. :P I think we should be aiming a lot lot higher, and only cherry picking a player from the likes of Gretna if he's a real standout. I don't believe they've had any players who have really stood out this year.

Guest GhostHunter
We'll have to agree to disagree I guess. :P I think we should be aiming a lot lot higher, and only cherry picking players from the likes of Gretna if he's a real standout. I don't believe they've had any players who have really stood out this year.

They've maybe not stood out, but then again, they've had shiiit managers (relatively speaking) and nothing but grief from the club in terms of wages, training etc etc.

Jeez - that sounds familiar.

:D

Aye. But they are at the same club. The club with a horrible horrible record of defeats.

I could see there maybe being a single decent player hiding, even in a team as rubbish as Gretna. I can't see there being 2 decent players hiding there though.

Like I said in the same post you have quoted me on, imo Collin is no better than what we have but I have been impressed with Yantorno so that would be my "individual" thats good in a not so good team. :confused:

But like Dexter has said, two decent players on low wages worth a punt imo.

Guest JamboRobbo
They've maybe not stood out, but then again, they've had shiiit managers (relatively speaking) and nothing but grief from the club in terms of wages, training etc etc.

Jeez - that sounds familiar.

:D

Perhaps. But perhaps the East Stirling players have the same problem. Do you wanna sign them too?

Guest JamboRobbo
Like I said in the same post you have quoted me on, imo Collin is no better than what we have but I have been impressed with Yantorno so that would be my "individual" thats good in a not so good team. :confused:

But like Dexter has said, two decent players on low wages worth a punt imo.

Fair enough mate. I disagree, for the reasons I've given above. :food-smiley-004:

funktasticlad

Any team that plays 38 games away from home is goin to struggle, that coupled with the fact they have a fanbase of 3 men and a dog only adds to gretnas ****eness. 2 overseas players are always gonna struggle at a team like that the fact is though from what i've seen and read about them all seams pretty good.

Guest GhostHunter
Perhaps. But perhaps the East Stirling players have the same problem. Do you wanna sign them too?

East Stirling arent an SPL side.

Guest JamboRobbo
But they DO contain SPL level players no ? (albeit one or two)

thats the debate I guess. In Yantorno's case, 2 goals in 21 games doesn't exactly inspire me, no matter how rubbish his team-mates were.....

As for one of their centre half, well, there defensive record isn't exactly fort-knox like......

Boaby Ewing

No more gambles 'til we've cleared out a whole load of the failed bets we already have clogging up the wage bill.

Guest GhostHunter
thats the debate I guess. In Yantorno's case, 2 goals in 21 games doesn't exactly inspire me, no matter how rubbish his team-mates were.....

As for one of their centre half, well, there defensive record isn't exactly fort-knox like......

What was Bednar's excuse ?

What was Bednar's excuse ?

Not getting a regular match, a boss who wanted to have a boxing match with him, terrible management. Unfair selection policy resulting in demotivation.

You know, just the usual stuff a footballer has to put up with.

:sad:

Archived