Could Suso do a Hartley? :)

Hansel

Have been wondering whether or not suso could play attacking midfield, as this worked well for Hartley when he moved there from right wing.

The reason I pick out suso over the other wide-men, is he has an aggressive style that would be suited for battling it out in midfield.

I don't think he would hide from a challenge, and could drive forward making space for others.

Thoughts???

fabienleclerq

Worth a shot, but he is a natural winger and hartley wasnt realy a wide man despite being played there.

Sorry, but it just wouldn't work.

I actually happen to think that he would hide from a challenge, and probably take the huff when things weren't going his way and tug people back etc.

I like the wee man on the wing, though. His Falkirk performance at TFS was absolutely phenomenal, albeit against lesser oppostion (who papped us out, admittedly.)

He doesn't have the discipline or awareness to play centre mid.

He would have to learn to play this position over a few seasons, and we don't have the luxury of time at hearts nowadays when we are fighting for a place in the top 3.

Hartley learned to play attacking midfield at saint Johnstone; where there isn't the same degree of pressure to get results.

Have been wondering whether or not suso could play attacking midfield, as this worked well for Hartley when he moved there from right wing.

The reason I pick out suso over the other wide-men, is he has an aggressive style that would be suited for battling it out in midfield.

I don't think he would hide from a challenge, and could drive forward making space for others.

Thoughts???

Absolutely not.

Worst kind of option for AM.

He likes to bury his, head and run at someone with the cushion of the touchline.

Not look up, pick a pass, construct attacks and arrive in the box to tuck in goals.

Thats not his game.

Wrong option.

Nelly Terraces

Too busy waving his arms around after being dispossessed of the ball following yet another failed attempt to take on 1 player too many.

Snake Plissken

He does quite well out on the wing.

He plays with his head down and runs directly at players, sometimes it works really well and other times it doesn't come off. Not the type of player to put in the middle.

He'd just get sent off every week, just like he already gets sent off every week.

Right, there's the entire Suso argument on any subject finished.

NEXT THREAD PLEASE.

vlad on the tyne

Too busy waving his arms around after being dispossessed of the ball following yet another failed attempt to take on 1 player too many.

100% correct

mahgrassyshoes

Great winger. Head down and direct runner with a bit of skill and decent acceleration over a couple of yards.

Not suited to AM as he seldom releases the ball early enough. passing is ok but not accurate enough to split defences. Wants more time on the ball than he would be allowed in the centre of midfield.

I'd personally say leave him on the wing.

Drylaw Hearts

He doesn't have the discipline or awareness to play centre mid.

The thread really should have closed after this post.

Napoleon  Wilson

He was almost totally inefective when he was being played "in the hole" a number of times under Csaba. No keep him as he is, a great wee winger. Like someone on a previous post said, we already have Rudi. :thumbsup:

Don't we already have a winger-turned-midfield-maestro?

Rudi something, I think his name is :whistling:

He has adapted to the role, but I don't think Rudi is the long term answer.

He'd just get sent off every week, just like he already gets sent off every week.

Right, there's the entire Suso argument on any subject finished.

NEXT THREAD PLEASE.

How many times has suso been sent off in a hearts shirt??

He's a total liability we have to worry about how much we're paying his wages while he sits about suspended.

Fact.

End of.

Not just me that thought......eh?

Can't remember him being sent off this season at all.

Picked up needless bookings a few times I suppose.

He's a total liability we have to worry about how much we're paying his wages while he sits about suspended.

Fact.

End of.

I take it this post was in Jest?

People around here have very short memories - Suso had been in great form this season until his injury.

Would suggest that JJ has calmed the man slightly, he can still be a petulant little sod - but he's our petulant little sod.

I think this can also be beneficial to his game as it makes him a more determined player.

I take it this post was in Jest?

People around here have very short memories - Suso had been in great form this season until his injury.

Would suggest that JJ has calmed the man slightly, he can still be a petulant little sod - but he's our petulant little sod.

I think this can also be beneficial to his game as it makes him a more determined player.

:)

But let's be cereal. I love Suso.

On a side note

I remember Suso getting a few assists, but has he scored yet this season?

I remember him scoring in big games last season.

As someone mentioned above, I think a beard would be required before a move to midfield could work. :)

Snake Plissken

On a side note

I remember Suso getting a few assists, but has he scored yet this season?

I remember him scoring in big games last season.

As someone mentioned above, I think a beard would be required before a move to midfield could work. :)

Falkirk in the cup.

He should concentrate on getting better in his main position first.

When was the last time Suso had a bad game?

did i say he playing badly? No i said he should get better, or do you think he is perfection??

Snake Plissken

did i say he playing badly? No i said he should get better, or do you think he is perfection??

Hulk.jpg

mahgrassyshoes

I was in a tapas bar at the weekend and his service was shocking. LOLZ :down:

Not at all but do players have to achieve perfection before moving into a new position?

Can we not just get a 'Chelsea Superthread' type thing on the go for all these threads that have continually appeared on here over the last few months?

Can CT play centre mid?

Can Eggert play up front?

Would Pala make a decent centre half?

Blackie at Right Back?

Lee Wallace as an all out winger?

FFS we spent years getting nowhere with players getting played out of position, now we get a settled team and are playing well we want to go back to chopping and changing a players best position!

Thoughts???

Not good enough, after losing a tackle or the ball and no free kick would bring on a sulk. Not good enough to play his preferred position either

I thought Suso did quite well as the central one of three, in the 4-2-3-1 we played in the first few games of the season.

Not central midfield, but he's probably the most likely replacement for Rudi's position (although I wonder if Temps could do a job in there, like he used to do for the reserve team?).

rudi must stay

Thoughts???

it could work. But being a winger he'd probably drift back out to the wings.

Not good enough, after losing a tackle or the ball and no free kick would bring on a sulk. Not good enough to play his preferred position either

On what evidence brings you to this conclusion?

Seriously...

Francis Albert

I've always like Suso but he is and never will be a Hartley. A good wide player to have in our squad but will be behind Driver and Temps as long as we have them fit and in some sort of form. But since players like Driver, Temps and indeed Suso are always liable to pick up injuries from SPL hammer throwers, and wingers are notoriously inconsistent, it's good to have all three.

Suppose it would be worth a try but i don't think he has the stamina to go box to box and he would need tackling lessons first.Get Pasquale Bruno over for a month or two to work with him(and the rest for that matter),now he could tackle.

Snake Plissken

Anyone else think Balogh could be a stiker?

Could fill in for Kyle when injured.

mahgrassyshoes

Anyone else think Balogh could be a stiker?

Could fill in for Kyle when injured.

Solution to our right back problems for me :woot:

Snake Plissken

Solution to our right back problems for me :woot:

Don't be a dingbat, that is just silly talk.

The Balogh is tall so he could win headers, his kicking is fine so he could probably shoot.

Therefore he should replace Kyle when he's inured.

Don't be a dingbat, that is just silly talk.

The Balogh is tall so he could win headers, his kicking is fine so he could probably shoot.

Therefore he should replace Kyle when he's inured.

To quote my name sake- I'm going outside for a while; I may be some time!

Thoughts???

Suso is quite a good player. Have high hopes for him, however, until he can sort out his childish petulance I don't want him anywhere near our team.

The boy is a liability. We need 11 men to win football games.

Snake Plissken

Suso is quite a good player. Have high hopes for him, however, until he can sort out his childish petulance I don't want him anywhere near our team.

The boy is a liability. We need 11 men to win football games.

Please tell me you are not being serious.

What you disagree?

You don?t think he?s a wee hothead?

Players get booked and no manager or fan has a problem with it as long as it?s not a ?stupid? booking. If a player has a dirty challenge etc then all good ? it happens.

When you have a player who argues with the ref at every decision, shouts at the linesmen, throws the ball away and generally continues to show his lack of experience, then people start to mind.

I like Suso (as I clearly stated). He?s got skill (and some). He seems happy to be the club, but I am not wanting a player who get?s NEEDLESS bookings game in game out.

It seems every booking he get?s is for dissent.

What you disagree?

You don?t think he?s a wee hothead?

Players get booked and no manager or fan has a problem with it as long as it?s not a ?stupid? booking. If a player has a dirty challenge etc then all good ? it happens.

When you have a player who argues with the ref at every decision, shouts at the linesmen, throws the ball away and generally continues to show his lack of experience, then people start to mind.

I like Suso (as I clearly stated). He?s got skill (and some). He seems happy to be the club, but I am not wanting a player who get?s NEEDLESS bookings game in game out.

It seems every booking he get?s is for dissent.

Can't say I notice his bookings for dissent but I thought it was taken for granted now that a lot of people see Cecil as an angry wee radge that keeps getting sent off, which he doesn't. One red card in his Hearts career came at Hamilton in the tunnel.

Archived